Options

Did you get your merchandise?

Comments

• Options
    BigdaBigda Posts: 469
    How many of u saw new songs debut?and how many of them??
    Some people say it like is something that happened every day..at every show..
    The show was special..simple things
    Historical venue.hometown of eddie..thw guy was shaking and got chillls when he walked at stage...baseball stadium..special guest..even video clip with the cubs.even mew lighting on the stage..41k fans.chicago.rare songs.new songs.acoustic cover of mother
    Play till 2 am.rain.thunders.delay...
    Wrf u want??Boom to sign your breasts for a show to be good??in the end dont come to the next one so will be more easy others to score tix..
    Its really getting borimg some dont get pleased with anything
    i have always respected you for your down to earth and relaxed attitude, Dimitri. still do, but i also respect people have different opinions on the show they attended.. let them speak.. and calm down.. no need for all this tension.. this is cool it was fabulous night for Eddie, but apparently not for everyone in the audience, so until EV comes here to post lets just be more relaxed and read people's reviews.. especially when someone, like me myself, was not there..
    peace!
    PS. Boom signing anything for me is not enough to make a decent show:)
    Prague '95 (w/Neil Young), Warsaw '96, Seattle '98, Katowice x2 '00, Berlin '00, Berlin '06, Katowice '07, Copenhagen '07, Belfast '10, Berlin '10, Amsterdam '12, Prague'12, Berlin x2 '12, Vienna '14, Berlin '14..
  • Options
    my2hands wrote:

Don't get me wrong I was in my zone and FUCKIN LOVED the first 7 songs - Love HOLD ON !! one of my favs-

Buzz lost and no booze for sale during delay and mind and mood went sour.

Don't care about the new songs as they will be played everynight this fall, Ernie Banks sure that would have been cool at 9:00 and not midnight.. I am no Cubs fan but respect the legend.

Bugs- song sucks IMO

The 2am thing is the biggest misconception I keep reading about, so what they played until 2am?!?! Its not like they played from 8:20pm-2am. They were covering their asses from refunds and lawsuits and listen I don't blame the band for not controling the weather. I gave into the hype and was really, really looking for a great night and it just didn't happen. Life goes on, and I get that. Just not one of the people who can hear songs that are rather played out (Even, DTE, Alive,Black,RVM) and think it was something magical when it wasn't. The first 7 were great but then everything shit the bed. To each their own - Glad some enjoyed it, I have seen enough shows that my bar is a bit higher -

What would you
    consider a few non-vanilla shows you have attended?

Houston x 2 2000
    Las Vegas 2000
    Gorge x 2 2006
    PJ20

everyone is different..... dont hate on me -
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Bigda wrote:
    Historical venue.hometown of eddie..thw guy was shaking and got chillls when he walked at stage...baseball stadium..special guest..even video clip with the cubs.even mew lighting on the stage..41k fans.chicago.rare songs.new songs.acoustic cover of mother
    Wrf u want??Boom to sign your breasts for a show to be good??in the end dont come to the next one so will be more easy others to score tix..
    i have always respected you for your down to earth and relaxed attitude, Dimitri. still do, but i also respect people have different opinions on the show they attended.. let them speak.. and calm down.. no need for all this tension.. this is cool it was fabulous night for Eddie, but apparently not for everyone in the audience, so until EV comes here to post lets just be more relaxed and read people's reviews.. especially when someone, like me myself, was not there..
    peace!
    Peolle can say what ever they want..no pro..but really.how can someone can complain for the set at wrigley??come one..we sae shit never anyone else saw before
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    I get it, been to a lot of shows (over 40) and Wrigley was a not miss experience but setlist wise London ON was better (both shows actually) or 9/11/11 Toronto show comes to mind but hey can't please everyone but I get the people that were disappointed I was hoping for a "heavier" more rocking show and as "special" as songs like bugs and all the way are I would have rather have heard comatose or lukin in their places
  • Options
    Bigda wrote:
    peace!
    Peolle can say what ever they want..no pro..but really.how can someone can complain for the set at wrigley??come one..we sae shit never anyone else saw before
    yes, she/he can, Dimi. It all depends on the circumstances. and seriously it is not as the band played til 2 a.m. straight.. as someone pointed out.. no matter how cool the set was people went thru some serious shit and some liked it more than others after all. to each their own.
    Prague '95 (w/Neil Young), Warsaw '96, Seattle '98, Katowice x2 '00, Berlin '00, Berlin '06, Katowice '07, Copenhagen '07, Belfast '10, Berlin '10, Amsterdam '12, Prague'12, Berlin x2 '12, Vienna '14, Berlin '14..
  • Options
    yes, she/he can, Dimi. It all depends on the circumstances. and seriously it is not as the band played til 2 a.m. straight.. as someone pointed out.. no matter how cool the set was people went thru some serious shit and some liked it more than others after all. to each their own.[/quote]
    Exactly.after what hapened with the weathee its a miracle we get what we get..
    Sure anuone can have opinion like or not things but the set???
    Understand the delay isuues..that ruin the mood the weather.maybe someone felt cold.tired.wet..merch shit..the 10c seats location ..etc
    The set??come on..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    yes, she/he can, Dimi. It all depends on the circumstances. and seriously it is not as the band played til 2 a.m. straight.. as someone pointed out.. no matter how cool the set was people went thru some serious shit and some liked it more than others after all. to each their own.
    Understand the delay isuues..that ruin the mood the weather.maybe someone felt cold.tired.wet..merch shit..the 10c seats location ..etc
    The set??come on..[/quote]

Dimi, frankly? the set was far from my dreams, either. Sorry to say.
    PS. are we still friends? ;)
  • Options
    morgie2morgie2 Posts: 1,065
    Got mine but only because my awesome buddies Mr.& Mrs. Jambayleaf. They made it happen. Thanks again folks!!
    Boston II 94 Boston II 06 Mansfield I 08 Mansfield II 08 Seattle I 09 Seattle II 09
    Hartford 10 Boston 10 Wrigley 13 Worcester I 13 Worcester II 13 Hartford 13
    NYC I 16 NYC II 16 Fenway I 16 Fenway II 16  Fenway 1 18  Fenway II 18
    E.V. Boston II 08 E.V. Albany II 09 E.V. Providence 11, E.V. Boston 11
    Troubled Souls Unite
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,931
    Black?!?! People are saying fucking Black is played out now? :fp:

As for the merchandise I did get everything I needed...which was nothing. :D Would have loved a shirt, sure, but there was not a chance I was waiting in those lines.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    jomaryjomary Posts: 410
    On the plus side ball park beer vendors were great, too bad they didn't sell merch, lol. You never had to leave the seats to get a beer. Not sure how it was on the field.

Was able to get a few things after the show, took our time leaving and walked down to see the field and by the time we left the stands outside were pretty empty but still had some shirts, stickers, the Set list shirt and few other things with little to no line.
    Raleigh, NC 8-18-92
    Missoula, MT 9-30-12, EV Dallas, TX 11-15-12, EV San Antonio 11-16-12
    London, ONT 7-16-13 - Wrigley Field 7-19-13
    Charlotte 10-30-13, Dallas 11-15-13, OKC 11-16-13, Seattle 12-6-13
    Tulsa 10-8-14, Lincoln 10-9-14, St. Paul 10-19-14, Milwaukee 10-20-14
    NYC 9-26-15
    Ft Lauderdale 4-8-16, Miami 4-9-16, Tampa 4-11-16, Jacksonville 4-13-16, Pemberton 7-17-16,Wrigley 8-20-16 and 8-22-16
    Seattle 8-8-18; 8-10-18, Missoula 8-13-18
    Earthlings 2022:  Seattle 2-21-222 and 2-22-22, Los Angeles 2-25-22
    EV Coeur d’Alene 7-28-23, St Paul 8-31-23 and 9-2-23, Ft Worth 9-13-23 and 9-15-23, EV Seattle 10-23-23 and 10-24-23

• Options
    rattzeyrattzey Posts: 875
    I waited 4.5 hours on Thursday but it was great. We got there at 11.30 but the line went through the Cap Morgans bar so it was like a pre party :D Did they have everything I wanted..no, but I got to meet some killer people, drank lots of green lines and had a great time. WOW what a great weekend :D PS would really like a XL setlist shirt
    Walkin on a slippery sidewalk listening to P.J
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,123
    JimmyV wrote:

As for the merchandise I did get everything I needed...which was nothing. :D Would have loved a shirt, sure, but there was not a chance I was waiting in those lines.

Hahahaha, Black was my favorite song...a long time ago. I actually think it is a mood killer live anymore. But I understand that most likely there are tons of people at the same show as me that love hearing it. Now, if PJ would just play a show and let me pick the entire setlist!!!!
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Bladamus MaximusBladamus Maximus Paris TN Posts: 277
    my2hands wrote:
    Wtf is that guy smoking? :fp:

I 100% agree with him. Of all the obscure songs, Bugs is the worst. I really don't even consider it a song, more like a ramble aimed at alienated fans in the 90's. I've said it in multiple threads, All the Way was the absolute worst song that could have been played after the delay. Of the 7 shows I've been to, this was by far the worst. Seriously, 3 new songs, 2 debuts? There was already enough life sucked out of the crowd due to the delay and the band should have adjusted for it.......

You realize you were at Wrigley fucking Field, right? And that the song was written about the Cubs/Wrigley Field, at the request of Ernie Banks, Mr. Fucking Cub? Ernie is 82 years old, he couldn't wait ANOTHER 3 hours before they brought him up on stage.

Next time, go see them at some indoor arena that nobody cares about.
    05-06-95 (EV with Mike Watt, Foo Fighters) Chicago
    07-09-95 Milwaukee
    10-07-96 Ft. Lauderdale
    06-29-98 Chicago
    09-22-98 West Palm Beach
    07-19-13 Wrigley Field
    10-14-14 Memphis
    04-26-16 Lexington
    08-20-16 (Wrigley I)
    08-22-16 (Wrigley II)
    08-18-18 (Wrigley I)
    08-20-18 (Wrigley II)
  • Options
    RoccoT.....312RoccoT.....312 Chicago Posts: 165
    My girlfriend's friend works at Wrigley so I was able to secure four wristbands four decks of cards two posters 3 t shirts five tote bags and four stickers with out ever standing in a line.... It pays to know people lol. Great great concert.
    Alpine Valley, PJ20 9-3-2011
    RNDM: Lincoln Hall, 11-13-2012
    Wrigley Field, An Evening with Pearl Jam 7-19-2013
    BMO Harris Bradley Center, 2014 Fall Tour 10-20-2014
    RNDM: Double Door, 3-15-2016

th_chicagobanner.jpg
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,931
    JimmyV wrote:

Hahahaha, Black was my favorite song...a long time ago. I actually think it is a mood killer live anymore. But I understand that most likely there are tons of people at the same show as me that love hearing it. Now, if PJ would just play a show and let me pick the entire setlist!!!!

I'll go on record right now - you picking the setlist is on the shortlist of things that would get me to line up early for GA. :D

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    my2hands wrote:
    Wtf is that guy smoking? :fp:

I 100% agree with him. Of all the obscure songs, Bugs is the worst. I really don't even consider it a song, more like a ramble aimed at alienated fans in the 90's. I've said it in multiple threads, All the Way was the absolute worst song that could have been played after the delay. Of the 7 shows I've been to, this was by far the worst. Seriously, 3 new songs, 2 debuts? There was already enough life sucked out of the crowd due to the delay and the band should have adjusted for it.......

You realize you were at Wrigley fucking Field, right? And that the song was written about the Cubs/Wrigley Field, at the request of Ernie Banks, Mr. Fucking Cub? Ernie is 82 years old, he couldn't wait ANOTHER 3 hours before they brought him up on stage.

Next time, go see them at some indoor arena that nobody cares about.
    Ed should have played it to the old man backstage on his uke during the delay to make it even more intimate, i guess.
    anyways, i think this is a good song regarding the love for the team. but might as well be mood killer. esp. in such circumstances. sorry to say.
  • Options
    Bladamus MaximusBladamus Maximus Paris TN Posts: 277
    To address the OP...

We got to Wrigley around 4pm on Thurdsay. Stood in line for about 2 hours with some good dudes from Jersey that still had their luggage with them in line. Heard rumors that the posters were sold out. Heard rumors they were restocking stuff every hour. Finally got to the front and they were out of EVERYTHING except for S and M t-shirts. I decided to get their first thing in the morning friday, but after reading the horror stories on here of posters selling out after 20 minutes, I decided to forget it and go visit relatives friday morning (we are from the area but now live in Tennessee).

When we got to Wrigley around 4 on Friday, I saw a big stack of posters near the Sirius-side merch tent and I got sucked in line again. I REALLY wanted at least one poster. I don't collect them but I do have one for most of the shows I've been to ( I need a Chicago 98 if anyone has a spare ;) ). And I had my 13 year old with me, so there wasn't much to do because almost everything in Wrigleyville is bars. Anyway, the line moved at a decent pace, but by the time we got to the front, the posters had sold out (took about an hour this time to get up there). I bought both stickers and a tshirst for my daughter.

We went in around 6, and discovered a merch booth with TONS of shit. I immediately got in line and was only there for about 30 minutes. They had FAT stacks of the two posters I wanted (Hot Dog Frank and The Alien). I was fucking ecstatic! I even got the 3x shirt I wanted (rumor was they hadn't even brought any 3X's even though they advertised them).

All told, I spent a little less than 4 hours in line over 2 days and got what I wanted. They are framed and on the wall right now. So fucking worth it! :D
    05-06-95 (EV with Mike Watt, Foo Fighters) Chicago
    07-09-95 Milwaukee
    10-07-96 Ft. Lauderdale
    06-29-98 Chicago
    09-22-98 West Palm Beach
    07-19-13 Wrigley Field
    10-14-14 Memphis
    04-26-16 Lexington
    08-20-16 (Wrigley I)
    08-22-16 (Wrigley II)
    08-18-18 (Wrigley I)
    08-20-18 (Wrigley II)
  • Options
    shermsherm Seattle, Wa Posts: 708
    Couldnt get there til friday. At that point it seemed pretty unlikely. Hope they sell some here because ebay is a joke right now.
    Detroit 03, Toronto 03, Toledo 04, Kitchener 05, London 05, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, Cincinnati 06, Chicago 07, Mansfield 08, EV Chicago 08, East Troy 11, Pensacola 12, EV Jax 12, Wrigley 13, Pittsburgh 13, Dallas 13, OKC 13, Detroit 14, Ft Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jax 16, Sea 18 
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,123
    JimmyV wrote:
    JimmyV wrote:

I'll go on record right now - you picking the setlist is on the shortlist of things that would get me to line up early for GA. :D

Nice! You'll need to start a campaign. It'd be tacky if I did it myself. ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

Fuck em malaka :lol:
  • Options
    The NorthThe North Posts: 95
    Only got some of the Merch I wanted. My wife got the women's sweatshirt, and I got the black shirt with white baseball face on it (my least favourite of the lot, but all that was left when i got to the booth). We waited for an hour in line (not too bad at all!) about 2 hours before doors opened. Got the Munk poster as well... not to re-sell, but rather as a keepsake.

This was my 1st show in 20 years.....My wife's first. If that makes me lesser of a fan, i don't care....I'm still as much of a fan now as I was then.

The entire day was awesome: delays, merch lines, rain/lightning, awesome city, mostly awesome people (some drunk d'bags in the upper deck), watching a near stampede from the upper deck after the delay, getting really lucky at the train station by getting on the "wrong" train that turned out to be the "right" train....those who were there know what I'm talking about (hope the girl who passed out on the platform is ok!). All things, positive or negative made it a most memorable, exhausting day/night/morning. I can't wait for Buffalo!

does anybody know why the number 22 was on the back of the women's sweat shirt??.....22 has a significant meaning to my wife and I and we were happily surprised to see it on the back after we bought it.
  • Options
    YieldToNothingYieldToNothing Posts: 3,667
    Only got some of the Merch I wanted. My wife got the women's sweatshirt, and I got the black shirt with white baseball face on it (my least favourite of the lot, but all that was left when i got to the booth). We waited for an hour in line (not too bad at all!) about 2 hours before doors opened. Got the Munk poster as well... not to re-sell, but rather as a keepsake.

This was my 1st show in 20 years.....My wife's first. If that makes me lesser of a fan, i don't care....I'm still as much of a fan now as I was then.

The entire day was awesome: delays, merch lines, rain/lightning, awesome city, mostly awesome people (some drunk d'bags in the upper deck), watching a near stampede from the upper deck after the delay, getting really lucky at the train station by getting on the "wrong" train that turned out to be the "right" train....those who were there know what I'm talking about (hope the girl who passed out on the platform is ok!). All things, positive or negative made it a most memorable, exhausting day/night/morning. I can't wait for Buffalo!

does anybody know why the number 22 was on the back of the women's sweat shirt??.....22 has a significant meaning to my wife and I and we were happily surprised to see it on the back after we bought it.

22 years as a band.....
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Options
    DragonsAfter3or4DragonsAfter3or4 Bluegrass Posts: 325
    Got in Friday afternoon. Did not wait in any of the ridiculous lines. When I got in the stadium, saw the red merch tent. Stood in line for about 30-40 minutes, got 4 posters(soon to be framed and matted like my others:)) and a t-shirt.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    Got a poster and a tshirt on Wednesday after 10c sent out that unexpected email. Waited around 30 mins in line. I still can't believe people waited in line 4-5 hours in that heat...crazy.
  • Options
    The NorthThe North Posts: 95

22 years as a band.....
    Thanks....that was pretty obvious. Should have thought of that myself!
  • Options
    got 2 different patches during the delay, an event patch and a new PJ patch... Anyone else?
  • Options
    kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    4.5 hours of waiting in line and we walked away with nearly everything we wanted (just missed out on a poster and a sweatshirt).

Positive: We didn't have to worry about carrying our merch around in the venue (and met some pretty awesome people, like Purple Shirt Guy, Grey Shirts and Canadian Guy with the wife).

Negative: Probably everything being sold at the show will be on this site inside 6 months. :fp:
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    Bigda wrote:
    The set??come on..

Dimi, frankly? the set was far from my dreams, either. Sorry to say.
    PS. are we still friends? ;)
    haha..sure ..no pro with that,and yes,i could choose beeter for my taste set too..lol..
    all good..but really man we cant be happy around here..Always people find problems..and really the set wasnt one this time..
  • Options
    my2hands wrote:

Fuck em malaka :lol:
    :lol:
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    I saw the line and said, "Screw THAT!" :lol: My friends really wanted a poster so they waited and picked up a wristband for me. I'm satisfied. Maybe they'll sell the T-shirts on the website later.
    And just for the record, I thought the set list was fantastic.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016