Options

*fb photo contest* Thank you all for the support :)

Comments

• Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    Caveeze wrote:
    Leeze is gonna kill me, but I am serious!!

If you guys help us win this thing, I will definitely shave my head once it is at donate-able length.. that could be right around showtime..

Help us win!! I will youtube it!!!

You have my support, although facebook is the devil's work - so before we go any further I would recommend a professional exorcism.

We need to appeal to the unifying pride of Pearl Jam.com

We can do this if we all pull together as a team
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    Voted, could be your 156th or 157th vote, I am not sure.

Only saw this today in Porch, I visit other forums less frequently.

I will try to remember this the following days. But I guess you will bump it anyway. :mrgreen:
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    jumbojet wrote:
    Voted, could be your 156th or 157th vote, I am not sure.

Only saw this today in Porch, I visit other forums less frequently.

I will try to remember this the following days. But I guess you will bump it anyway. :mrgreen:

Spread the word man ;)
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    guitar59guitar59 Posts: 1,221
    voted :D
  • Options
    conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    Caveeze wrote:
    Hard work is good! hard work excuses hard play... I need to work very hard to excuse the bullshit i pull ;):D
    "if you work hard, you can play hard" quote from my mom. she said that to me when i first started working when i was like 14 or 15. it stuck with me ever since. :D
  • Options
    conman wrote:
    "if you work hard, you can play hard" quote from my mom. she said that to me when i first started working when i was like 14 or 15. it stuck with me ever since. :D

Is it possible to guess your line of work from your forum name? :mrgreen:

• Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    Best of luck you two! :D I'd vote if I had Facebook, sorry.
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    tremors wrote:
    Spread the word man ;)

Yeah, looks like a tough one. I saw someone at 200.

• Options
    conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    jumbojet wrote:
    conman wrote:

:lol: no, actually. i am kind of a law abiding citizen. conman is just a nickname my friends gave me.
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,212
    Voted. Good luck you guys. :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    To the top for wonderfule people & a lovely story! :mrgreen:
    I'll be voting in a little bit...I have to wait for my 24 hours to be up ;)
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,786
  • Options
    LarsK13LarsK13 Germany Posts: 1,650
    I am happy to assist you!
    Greetings from Germany :wave:
    Lars :mrgreen:
    03-10-1992/06-11-1992/06-14-1992/11-04-1996/06-26-2000/09-23-2006/06-21-2007
    08-13-2009/06-22-2010/06-25-2010/06-30-2010/07-02-2012/07-04-2012/07-05-2012
    07-10-2012/06-16-2014/06-17-2014/06-26-2014
    04-28-2016/04-29-2016/05-01-2016/05-02-2016/08-20-2016/08-22-2016
    EV: 07-25-2012/05-29-2017/05-30-2017/06-01-2017

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/231685/iso-ev-concert-postcards#latest
  • Options
    conman wrote:
    jumbojet wrote:
    :lol: no, actually. i am kind of a law abiding citizen. conman is just a nickname my friends gave me.

Fair enough. :lol::lol:
    Friends dont always give the nickname you wish. :)
    Mine is also what friends used to call me long time ago. ;)

• Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    Vote made!

Best of luck to you guys. I'm headed to Seattle for the show and it would be great to meet you both!
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,659
    Shep, I understand. I don't know how you accessed fb, but I heard that the app on the phone seems to be asking for access to your contacts. This is by no means right. I had to activate the app support when I wanted to enter, and I did because winning this would mean a lot to me. On the other hand, I am not really giving out info about me on my fb account. I know "they" can put one and one together, but I went through the American visa process and "they" know everything about me anyway :| I will deactivate the app once the contest is done because I also don't like people getting my "data", whatever that means. What I don't like about this whole thing is that it is really almost like a commercial for facebook. It is not about what people think about your picture or your story, it is about mobilising people on facebook. I see that and still I would love for all of you to vote. Because our story is no phony, invented thing, it is a true one. Blood, sweat and tears included.
    I have taken the picture myself, our story is like it is, and we would both be more than delighted to go to this show. I have been a part of this community for a while now and have seen what can be done. I have supported a lot of people and cases here, and this time, I need support. It is not a life and death issue, but it would make two people insanely happy :)

I had a terrible run-in with facebook a while back where some personnel information of mine was shared by someone else that I really didn't want out there...

Anyway, since that happened I locked down all my profile access, and now really only have it on there so that you can send me a PM and get in touch with me if you're looking for me. I rarely even log in, apart from when the fiance wants me to "confirm" something so that she can get it posted out there (apparantly she doesn't have the same scruples as me about it :lol:).

Anyway, good luck. It really is a gorgeous photo and an awesome story to go along with it. Good luck to both you guys! Hopefully I'll get to seattle one of these days (this year Buffalo, Dallas an OKC will have to do though ;) ).
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    Lets-crack-the-200-today-BUMP :mrgreen:

Thanks to you, we got a lot of votes yesterday, but you know what? You can vote again today :D
    Our pic is on page 5 on the top I think. Pearl Jam is not our religion, and we haven't won an international photo contest or earned fame and money with our photo, neither have we met the band. We both just love their music and would like to have a blast at their hometown show :)

I hope everyone has a fantastic day :wave:

Shep, I totally understand :) Cav refuses to be on fb, which I like just fine. I am there because to me it is a means to stay in touch with people from my homecountry whom I not regularly talk to like to my family ...
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    I entered a photo contest on facebook to win tickets, a hotel room and a dinner for the PJ Seattle show :) Our picture is the one with the tickets and the rings titled "This is our kind of love" large_e32a078e9e3787c5fceda7da7bc42698.jpg.
    Here is the link:
    http://a.pgtb.me/XFPkMC If you scroll down, you can see the pics ...

Us is Caveeze and me. We met through these fine boards when I asked him pre-PJ20 about tips for Detroit and then in person at the PJ20 preparty. Long story short, we fell in love and after a year of nightlong skype talks and several visits, we decided that we wanted to go the big route and got engaged. Since I am German, I couldn't just move to the US just like that. So we also went through the immigration process. Last October, I finally was able to move with all my stuff to Michigan. We got married last November before the EV show in Memphis and have been happy ever since.
    The picture shows ticket stubs that are important to us, a little piece of our wedding invitation with the three crooked hearts, and our wedding bands. We made them ourselves and decided to have the title of "our" PJ song engraved in them, You Are.
    We have seen PJ several times, together and separated, but none of us has ever been to Seattle let alone seen them play there. Funds are not allowing us right now to go for tickets, hotel and flights, so this contest came just in the right time. Like for many others, it would be a dream come true to make the pilgrimage to Seattle and see the boys there.

Well, and my lovely husband just said he will shave his head once it's at a suitable length to donate (which should be around show time), and donate his gorgeous hair to Locks of Love, if we win.

We had the lead for a bit, then lost it, but we are still going strong. With your help and support, we can win this contest! Thank you all! Have a great week :wave:

Awesome story! Did I meet you at the PJ20 pre-party? My friend Matt and I were playing some songs inside the bar.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

Awesome story! Did I meet you at the PJ20 pre-party? My friend Matt and I were playing some songs inside the bar.

We certainly might have met :) I know I said hi to Matt at some point and I saw you playing. But I was super exhausted and jetlagged :lol: I spent the night before the pre-party on a bench at Stockholm airport and the heat in Chicago upon my arrival hit me like a brick. Also, the ants and mosquitos liked me a lot ... I didn't stay long at the preparty, but long enough to meet the people I was destined to meet :D
    If we didn't meet - see ya at a PJ show :wave:
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    We certainly might have met :) I know I said hi to Matt at some point and I saw you playing. But I was super exhausted and jetlagged :lol: I spent the night before the pre-party on a bench at Stockholm airport and the heat in Chicago upon my arrival hit me like a brick. Also, the ants and mosquitos liked me a lot ... I didn't stay long at the preparty, but long enough to meet the people I was destined to meet :D
    If we didn't meet - see ya at a PJ show :wave:[/quote]

I think we did meet - my memories of that night are pretty vivid. I love your love story here - warms the heart. Hope you guys win this contest!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

I think we did meet - my memories of that night are pretty vivid. I love your love story here - warms the heart. Hope you guys win this contest!

Thank you! Votes are rolling in, slowly but steadily. We still have time, I'll keep the faith in the faithfull :D

Have a great day!
  • Options
    I just wanna keep this on the first page 8-)

Thanks for all your votes!
  • Options
    I don't have a lot of work to do today, so I am lurking around that facebook contest page and here wayyy too much :oops:

We are at 184 right now, this is really great. But the competition is already at 26-something :| If each of you who is on facebook could spare a second to vote, we can make it. We are still in third position and the contest ends on August 2nd.

If we win, we will do a little giveaway come showtime to give something back to our backers. And Cav will shave his hair and donate it to Locks of Love.

I am fuel you are friends we got the means to make amends ... :mrgreen:
  • Options
    I don't have a lot of work to do today, so I am lurking around that facebook contest page and here wayyy too much :oops:

We are at 184 right now, this is really great. But the competition is already at 26-something :| If each of you who is on facebook could spare a second to vote, we can make it. We are still in third position and the contest ends on August 2nd.

If we win, we will do a little giveaway come showtime to give something back to our backers. And Cav will shave his hair and donate it to Locks of Love.

OK after this post and another thread name change, I voted also from my mom's account. :mrgreen:
    Good luck.

• Options
    jumbojet wrote:

OK after this post and another thread name change, I voted also from my mom's account. :mrgreen:
    Good luck.

:D Thank you so much!
  • Options
    guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    Voted. Good luck :thumbup:
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    Voted. Good luck :thumbup:

Thank you! I hope you had a good trip home :wave: We are still using your lighter :D
  • Options
    ambrasjesambrasjes Posts: 124
    I entered a photo contest on facebook to win tickets, a hotel room and a dinner for the PJ Seattle show :) Our picture is the one with the tickets and the rings titled "This is our kind of love" large_e32a078e9e3787c5fceda7da7bc42698.jpg.
    Here is the link:
    http://a.pgtb.me/XFPkMC If you scroll down, you can see the pics ...

Us is Caveeze and me. We met through these fine boards when I asked him pre-PJ20 about tips for Detroit and then in person at the PJ20 preparty. Long story short, we fell in love and after a year of nightlong skype talks and several visits, we decided that we wanted to go the big route and got engaged. Since I am German, I couldn't just move to the US just like that. So we also went through the immigration process. Last October, I finally was able to move with all my stuff to Michigan. We got married last November before the EV show in Memphis and have been happy ever since.
    The picture shows ticket stubs that are important to us, a little piece of our wedding invitation with the three crooked hearts, and our wedding bands. We made them ourselves and decided to have the title of "our" PJ song engraved in them, You Are.
    We have seen PJ several times, together and separated, but none of us has ever been to Seattle let alone seen them play there. Funds are not allowing us right now to go for tickets, hotel and flights, so this contest came just in the right time. Like for many others, it would be a dream come true to make the pilgrimage to Seattle and see the boys there.

Well, and my lovely husband just said he will shave his head once it's at a suitable length to donate (which should be around show time), and donate his gorgeous hair to Locks of Love, if we win.

We had the lead for a bit, then lost it, but we are still going strong. With your help and support, we can win this contest! Thank you all! Have a great week :wave:

Nice shot so you have my vote. Viel Glück
    Antwerp/London/Nijmegen/Werchter/Camden2/NewYork2/EVChicago1&2/Chicago1&2/
    Werchter/A'dam1/Werchter/EVA'dam2/EVLondon1/Portland/Spokane/Calgary/Vancouver/
    Seattle

Longtime ghost
  • Options
    ambrasjes wrote:

Nice shot so you have my vote. Viel Glück

Danke :thumbup: Have a great day and if you feel like doing it, vote again tomorrow :D
  • Options
    We are almost at 200! Keep 'em coming, you kind folks! Huge thank you and hugs going out to all of you!