Options

*fb photo contest* Thank you all for the support :)

Comments

• Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,788
    I've always loved your story and your rings are beautiful! I'm not on Facebook but will forward to friends who are. Good luck!
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    Thank you all so much, I cannot tell you how much I appreciate your support!

I see that we have a lot of votes, it was a good day, and there is still time. The competition is VERY tough though. But if you all continue to vote (me included :D ), maybe we can make it happen!

Peace and love and Pearl Jam ... :roll: :twisted: <-- This is my fighter face! *raises fist*
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,574
    Caveeze wrote:
    BLACK35 wrote:
    can't vote myself as I'm not on facebook, but i'll get my daughter to and see if some of her friends to vote as well :D
    You are the best!!

I dont facebook, so I cant even vote for us!! :lol:

:lol:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,202
    Come on peeps their in 3rd now :(
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    We can do it!!

If we win, I will Shave my head (when it is long enough, 10 inches i believe, and donate it to Locks of Love) PROMISED!!!!
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    Caveeze wrote:
    We can do it!!

If we win, I will Shave my head (when it is long enough, 10 inches i believe, and donate it to Locks of Love) PROMISED!!!!

:o :shock: :think:

Knowing how fast your hair is growing, I think I can get on board with this :lol:
  • Options
    Leeze is gonna kill me, but I am serious!!

If you guys help us win this thing, I will definitely shave my head once it is at donate-able length.. that could be right around showtime..

Help us win!! I will youtube it!!!
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    pulling69pulling69 KIAD Posts: 982
    Just gave you guys your 149th vote
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • Options
    just measured, I am at nine inches :D

yes, she is a lucky girl..
  • Options
    pulling69 wrote:
    Just gave you guys your 149th vote

Thank you!
  • Options
    Caveeze wrote:

:P :lol:
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,202
    Caveeze wrote:

:P :lol:

:silent: :lol: (too easy?)
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,659
    I entered a photo contest on facebook to win tickets, a hotel room and a dinner for the PJ Seattle show :) Our picture is the one with the tickets and the rings titled "This is our kind of love" large_e32a078e9e3787c5fceda7da7bc42698.jpg.
    Here is the link:
    http://a.pgtb.me/XFPkMC If you scroll down, you can see the pics ...

Us is Caveeze and me. We met through these fine boards when I asked him pre-PJ20 about tips for Detroit and then in person at the PJ20 preparty. Long story short, we fell in love and after a year of nightlong skype talks and several visits, we decided that we wanted to go the big route and got engaged. Since I am German, I couldn't just move to the US just like that. So we also went through the immigration process. Last October, I finally was able to move with all my stuff to Michigan. We got married last November before the EV show in Memphis and have been happy ever since.
    The picture shows ticket stubs that are important to us, a little piece of our wedding invitation with the three crooked hearts, and our wedding bands. We made them ourselves and decided to have the title of "our" PJ song engraved in them, You Are.
    We have seen PJ several times, together and separated, but none of us has ever been to Seattle let alone seen them play there. Funds are not allowing us right now to go for tickets, hotel and flights, so this contest came just in the right time. Like for many others, it would be a dream come true to make the pilgrimage to Seattle and see the boys there.

Well, and my lovely husband just said he will shave his head once it's at a suitable length to donate (which should be around show time), and donate his gorgeous hair to Locks of Love, if we win.

We had the lead for a bit, then lost it, but we are still going strong. With your help and support, we can win this contest! Thank you all! Have a great week :wave:

Good luck....

I'd vote for you, but under no circumstances am I giving the application permission to access my friends list and my profile... sorry.

P.S.... when did facebook get so ghey? I haven't logged in in about a year or so (except to confirm posts from the fiance), but I don't remember all the advertising I just saw???!!!???
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    shep wrote:
    Good luck....

I'd vote for you, but under no circumstances am I giving the application permission to access my friends list and my profile... sorry.

P.S.... when did facebook get so ghey? I haven't logged in in about a year or so (except to confirm posts from the fiance), but I don't remember all the advertising I just saw???!!!???

I hear ya.. I dont even have a facebook account for these very reasons.. like i said earlier, I cant even vote for myself..

But, I do want to see them in Seattle.. Thank you for the support
  • Options
    Shep, I understand. I don't know how you accessed fb, but I heard that the app on the phone seems to be asking for access to your contacts. This is by no means right. I had to activate the app support when I wanted to enter, and I did because winning this would mean a lot to me. On the other hand, I am not really giving out info about me on my fb account. I know "they" can put one and one together, but I went through the American visa process and "they" know everything about me anyway :| I will deactivate the app once the contest is done because I also don't like people getting my "data", whatever that means. What I don't like about this whole thing is that it is really almost like a commercial for facebook. It is not about what people think about your picture or your story, it is about mobilising people on facebook. I see that and still I would love for all of you to vote. Because our story is no phony, invented thing, it is a true one. Blood, sweat and tears included.
    I have taken the picture myself, our story is like it is, and we would both be more than delighted to go to this show. I have been a part of this community for a while now and have seen what can be done. I have supported a lot of people and cases here, and this time, I need support. It is not a life and death issue, but it would make two people insanely happy :)
  • Options
    conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    done. good luck guys!
  • Options
    conman wrote:
    done. good luck guys!

Thank you :wave: How have you been? I hope everything is fine!
  • Options
    conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    conman wrote:
    done. good luck guys!

you're welcome. i've been good. been working like crazy getting ready to pay for all kinds of shenanigans in october :mrgreen:
  • Options
    conman wrote:
    conman wrote:
    done. good luck guys!

you're welcome. i've been good. been working like crazy getting ready to pay for all kinds of shenanigans in october :mrgreen:

That sounds like a good cause to save money for. We are doing the same :) Be well!
  • Options
    conman wrote:
    conman wrote:
    done. good luck guys!

Hard work is good! hard work excuses hard play... I need to work very hard to excuse the bullshit i pull ;):D
  • Options
    she is in the other room.. married 6 months, and this is how we talk ;):lol:
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,264
    i voted today and will do so again tomorrow.

i can't imagine cav with a shaved head.

good luck guys!!
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    i voted today and will do so again tomorrow.

i can't imagine cav with a shaved head.

good luck guys!!

Its looks like a very good looking guy with a shaved head.. so I have been told..
  • Options
    STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    I don't really do facebook.

This is hysterical! I will bump this. :lol::lol:

Post a picture ;)

Bump..
    To Facebook people...

"This kind of love... the kind that.... shaves his head!"

Okay now I'm laughing hard, and I :lol::lol:

Oh, man, this is too funny! :lol::lol:

SWEET!!!!

I know some facebook people, is that a link? How many people have to vote? This is awesome. :lol:
  • Options
    Quick! Move! A rock is going to fall on your head...
  • Options
    Caveeze wrote:
    Quick! Move! A rock is going to fall on your head...

A head is going to be shaved! :lol:
  • Options
    Shep, I understand. I don't know how you accessed fb, but I heard that the app on the phone seems to be asking for access to your contacts. This is by no means right. I had to activate the app support when I wanted to enter, and I did because winning this would mean a lot to me. On the other hand, I am not really giving out info about me on my fb account. I know "they" can put one and one together, but I went through the American visa process and "they" know everything about me anyway :| I will deactivate the app once the contest is done because I also don't like people getting my "data", whatever that means. What I don't like about this whole thing is that it is really almost like a commercial for facebook. It is not about what people think about your picture or your story, it is about mobilizing people on facebook. I see that and still I would love for all of you to vote. Because our story is no phony, invented thing, it is a true one. Blood, sweat and tears included.
    I have taken the picture myself, our story is like it is, and we would both be more than delighted to go to this show. I have been a part of this community for a while now and have seen what can be done. I have supported a lot of people and cases here, and this time, I need support. It is not a life and death issue, but it would make two people insanely happy :)

Insanely Happy! Can anyone ask for more? :D
  • Options
    Insane is thy name... contest is the game..

hair appears to be collateral damage :D
    but hey, if it helps another.. I feel the whoring is justified..
  • Options
    Caveeze wrote:

:lol::lol:

You both are killing it tonight! :lol:
  • Options
    STAYSEA wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:

:lol::lol:

You both are killing it tonight! :lol:
    Yes.. but at least we get laid later.. :D:D