Batman/Superman Teaming Up in 2015 Movie

Comments

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    kw18 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    i thought nolan was producing this!? :fp:

The same way he let Man of Steel happen, I suppose.

OK, granted, I haven't seen that movie yet, so I probably shouldn't judge. But I have read some reviews and am familiar with Snyder's other work to know the dude prefers explosions and fisticuffs more than character development. While a dose of that is necessary for a superhero flick, it doesn't need to be overkill.

true ... i did see man of steel ... i liked it enough as a superhero movie but it clearly lacked the depth of the dark knight trilogy ... i wonder if nolan has been compromised like pixar has been with disney ... the problem is hollywood deals strictly in dollars ... they only see $$$ in this project ...
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    I've been wrong before. Michael Keaton as Batman? No, thank you. I was wrong. Heath Ledger as the Joker? No, thank you. I was wrong. I'm reserving my judgement on Affleck as Batman....although I'm wary.

If it was Chris Nolan directing and had his brother Jonathan along to clean up the script and story Goyer came up with, I would have faith. But I can't see Snyder/Goyer making this good.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    kw18 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

OK, granted, I haven't seen that movie yet, so I probably shouldn't judge. But I have read some reviews and am familiar with Snyder's other work to know the dude prefers explosions and fisticuffs more than character development. While a dose of that is necessary for a superhero flick, it doesn't need to be overkill.

I think Nolan and Legendary films have ended their partnership with Warner Bros. From what I read Nolan was not pleased with a lot of Man of Steel.

With the direction DC is heading, I don't blame Nolan for distancing himself from them.
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    Afleck doesnt have a very deep voice at all. I hope he doesnt embarrass himself and do a silly gravely voice like Bale did that made it sound like he was trying to talk while pooping in a library. :fp:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    Fucking awful.
    www.myspace.com
  • PorchsitterPorchsitter Posts: 1,069
    kw18 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

I think Nolan and Legendary films have ended their partnership with Warner Bros. From what I read Nolan was not pleased with a lot of Man of Steel.

With the direction DC is heading, I don't blame Nolan for distancing himself from them.

They have, but from what understand Nolan is still involved as the EP and Warner and Legendary are sharing a stake in Nolan's next project, "Interstellar."

I see Affleck as more a lazy choice rather than a bad choice. I'm still tempering my disappointment and will judge for myself after seeing what they do with it.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Argo Fuck Yourself! i like Affleck.
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    :fp: this has to be a joke, right?

i get bale didn't want the part, but if the studio is faced with the option of affleck or throwing enough cash in bale's direction until he says yes... you start throwing bills.

looks like i have to root for superman now :lol: :evil:
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559

like i said ... it's all about dollars ...

good read, although # 3 completely contradicts with mentioning his failure as daredevil in the beginning of the article.
    rival. wrote:

good read, although # 3 completely contradicts with mentioning his failure as daredevil in the beginning of the article.

My guess is Warners is banking on Argo Affleck and not Gigli Affleck.

And maybe he can give Snyder some directing tips on the side while they are filming. :D
    kw18 wrote:

Well, at least I still have my Nolan films to watch, my animated movies with the incomparable Kevin Conroy and Tim Daly, my comic books, and my imagination. All of which are better than the $hit storm this movie will likely be. Mother f--ing sigh.

what'd you think of animated Year One? watched it on netflix the other night for the first time in a while. i need to reread the comic, but i don't remember it being so gordon heavy as portrayed in the movie.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    He will become the first human to play both Superman and Batman in a movie. :shock: :lol:

affleck.jpg
  • So is this movie going to be 1hr and 50 min of Superman and then when they introduce krytonite to the movie, enter Batman cause that is all the help Superman would need.

"hey batman, why don't you go get your helicopter and I'll fly there and meet you"

"hey batman, check out the chicks having naked pillow fights through this wall"

"hey batman, want to know why they really call me the, "man of steel""

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    rival. wrote:
    kw18 wrote:

Well, at least I still have my Nolan films to watch, my animated movies with the incomparable Kevin Conroy and Tim Daly, my comic books, and my imagination. All of which are better than the $hit storm this movie will likely be. Mother f--ing sigh.

what'd you think of animated Year One? watched it on netflix the other night for the first time in a while. i need to reread the comic, but i don't remember it being so gordon heavy as portrayed in the movie.

Haven't seen the flick, but now that it's on Netflix I totally will! Friday night is planned. 8-)

How did you like the film? The book is VERY Gordon heavy. Batman is practically a supporting character in it to the point they could have just as easily called it Jim Gordon: Year One. :lol:
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
    kw18 wrote:
    Haven't seen the flick, but now that it's on Netflix I totally will! Friday night is planned. 8-)

How did you like the film? The book is VERY Gordon heavy. Batman is practically a supporting character in it to the point they could have just as easily called it Jim Gordon: Year One. :lol:

i liked the film a lot and i really think it did the comic justice. i just couldn't remember how gordon heavy it was.

i have it, it's on the bookshelf and i am probably going to pull it out this weekend and reread it to compare the two in better detail, but overall i thought they did a very good job. you shouldn't be disappointed.

next read on the list for me is Haunted Knight.

and just a quick edit above... i meant to say i watched it on roku, not netflix. but i think the two libraries pretty much mirror each other, so i don't think you will have problems finding it through netflix.
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    9576146955_9e00c4f08e.jpg
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
    :lol:

1098538_10201758356941428_1601942503_n.jpg
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    998635_575902375805914_1146336423_n.jpg
    we are all going to look very foolish if this movie turns out awesome :lol::lol:
  • pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    vy5nbp.jpg
    aqo2t.jpg
    Perhaps Affleck will try to one-up Bale's ridiculous Batman voice and give it a boston accent :think:
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    rival. wrote:
    we are all going to look very foolish if this movie turns out awesome :lol::lol:

I'm willing to take that chance. :lol:
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    True, people where just as skeptical when Ledger was given the Joker role.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,768
    When people were posting that Ben affleck was the new batman, for some reason I was thinking of Ben stiller instead, :lol: . That would have been interesting to see him as batman.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Bryan Cranston is rumured to have signed a 6 - 10 series deal to play Lex Luther.

We are headed for a future where studios only make comic book, star wars, and fast furious movies.
    a5c74727-9b10-42e5-8742-193ec1b686a3.jpg
    Jason P wrote:
    Bryan Cranston is rumured to have signed a 6 - 10 series deal to play Lex Luther.

We are headed for a future where studios only make comic book, star wars, and fast furious movies.

:lol:

And hangover IV, V, VI, etc..
    I would love to see it happen, but nothing has been officially announced yet. The news site that's being sourced isn't the best for correct information, but I believe Cranston would be the best choice. Hoping it happens.