Batman/Superman Teaming Up in 2015 Movie

Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
edited December 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
http://m.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vis ... mic-589521

Warner Bros. is expected to announce at its Hall H panel that as the follow-up to Man of Steel, it is pairing two of the most recognizable superheroes in the world for a one-two punch that will be directed by Zack Snyder.
And so you see, I have come to doubt
All that I once held as true
I stand alone without beliefs
The only truth I know is you.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    that would be cool.
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Batman is a dude with money and gadgets. Superman can shoot lazers out of his eyes and spin the earth back in time.

Why would superman want to team up with him? That would like me offering to play shortstop for the Yankees.

:think:
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Jason P wrote:
    Batman is a dude with money and gadgets. Superman can shoot lazers out of his eyes and spin the earth back in time.

Why would superman want to team up with him? That would like me offering to play shortstop for the Yankees.

:think:
    Uh, because he kicks ass without having to rely on 'super powers'.
    072113-Batman-Superman.jpg
  • PorchsitterPorchsitter Posts: 1,069
    This is what I've been saying I'd rather see first rather than JLA. Just curious which road they'll go down although I suspect Public Enemies will be lifted from heavily.

I'm not a fan of the logo though. Hope that's a work-in-progress.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    big batman fan. stoked for this. however, it will be odd that this will be coming out so soon after the tdk trilogy. and, if i am correct, it's an entirely different batman? so a reboot just a few years after the nolan version was completed.

weird.
    www.myspace.com
    big batman fan. stoked for this. however, it will be odd that this will be coming out so soon after the tdk trilogy. and, if i am correct, it's an entirely different batman? so a reboot just a few years after the nolan version was completed.

weird.
    Yeah, Bale is done with the Batman roles.

I look at it as a new story. I have faith in Zack Snyder to keep it dark and dramatic.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    http://batman-news.com/2013/07/21/watch ... ent-video/

edit: could be a tricky one to pull off ... i'm not sold on Snyder's pedigree ... man of steel was not universally loved that's for sure ...
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,834
    Maybe they'll have a sort of adversarial relationship like in Frank Miller's TDK comics -- a prequel to that universe would be kind of cool.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    polaris_x wrote:
    http://batman-news.com/2013/07/21/watch-this-batmansuperman-comic-con-announcement-video/

edit: could be a tricky one to pull off ... i'm not sold on Snyder's pedigree ... man of steel was not universally loved that's for sure ...

The best part of 'Man of Steel' was hearing Chris Cornell, saved the movie for me.

---
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    I would like it if the thundercats, voltron, and the harlem globetrotters teamed up
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,834
    Which Voltron? And which Harlem Globetrotters?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,774
    Why the fuck not :lol:
    dankind wrote:
    Maybe they'll have a sort of adversarial relationship like in Frank Miller's TDK comics -- a prequel to that universe would be kind of cool.

Rollingstone says the two will be foes :o

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news ... l-20130722
  • Dru_CortezDru_Cortez Posts: 953
    Idris wrote:
    The best part of 'Man of Steel' was hearing Chris Cornell, saved the movie for me.

---
    Did you start singing along too?
    The hipsters were in full eye-roll mode, let me tell you!

The Superman 'S' logo imposed over a Batman logo
    was accompanied by a brief quote
    from Frank Miller's DKR.
    Unless it's a helluva head-fake,
    it seems the upcoming movie will at least be tipping it's hat
    to DKR.
    :shock:
    Cheers.
    'Cause you don't give blood and take it back again.
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    dankind wrote:

that's just silly then.

the only fight superman should ever lose against is a glowing green rock.
    rival. wrote:
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    dankind wrote:

that's just silly then.

the only fight superman should ever lose against is a glowing green rock.

well weren't they sort of foes in the dark knight returns?

i'm excited and super apprehensive about this. on one hand, i LOVE the nolan movies and feel like they need more time to simmer before they introduce a new batman on the big screen......on the other hand, i can't wait to see a new batman on the big screen.....on my third hand, i really, really, don't want to see batman as a villain and lose to superman. :lol: .......on yet another hand, i feel like superman deserves a stand alone sequel rather than something that will set up a justice league film.

other issue is i have a feeling they are going to rush this thing. i mean they're kind of painting themselves in a corner letting the world know this will be a batman vs superman kind of thing....without writing it yet. :?

gonna be really interesting. wish nolan was directing.
    www.myspace.com
    I'm wondering if its going to be something along the lines of:

They are both adversaries.. history of fights/confrontations.

Present: They both need to align to fight a much larger threat to Gotham/Metropoilis.
    josh brolin? apparently they want an older, 40-sih batman.

whoever it is, i think i will be disappointed. bale was perfect for that role.
    www.myspace.com
    josh brolin? apparently they want an older, 40-sih batman.

whoever it is, i think i will be disappointed. bale was perfect for that role.

See, I only liked Bale's Batman. Don't get me wrong I loved the movies and thought Bale made a great Wayne but as far as Batman is concerned I was never really crazy about him as Bats. The voice played a huge part of it unfortunately. I remember the first time he "growled" as Batman in "Batman Begins" I laughed out loud in the theater b/c I thought it was ridiculous. My first thought after laughing was that hopefully he would pull away from it b/c he would realize he didn't have to overcompensate as Batman. Alas, it only got worse as the rest of the movies came out. Truly, one of the very few things about Nolan's series I criticized. Otherwise, it was the Batman film I've always wanted.

I'm definitely interested in the Superman/Batman matchup.
    Lets just hope its not Ryan Gosling.
    Ugh...
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/23/ ... eel-sequel

Ben Affleck is set to star as Batman in Zack Snyder's Man of Steel sequel, Warner Bros. has announced today.

As reported by The Wrap, Greg Silverman, President of Creative Development and Worldwide Production at Warner Bros. made the following statement earlier today:

“We knew we needed an extraordinary actor to take on one of DC Comics’ most enduringly popular Super Heroes, and Ben Affleck certainly fits that bill, and then some. His outstanding career is a testament to his talent and we know he and Zack will bring new dimension to the duality of this character.”
    Ugh...

Ben Affleck is set to star as Batman in Zack Snyder's Man of Steel sequel, Warner Bros. has announced today.

As reported by The Wrap, Greg Silverman, President of Creative Development and Worldwide Production at Warner Bros. made the following statement earlier today:

“We knew we needed an extraordinary actor to take on one of DC Comics’ most enduringly popular Super Heroes, and Ben Affleck certainly fits that bill, and then some. His outstanding career is a testament to his talent and we know he and Zack will bring new dimension to the duality of this character.”

He's been trying to direct and or star as Batman for years..... Daredevil sucked, and there should be a rule if you bomb as one superhero you can never try another

He probably still has splooge on his face from lobbying at WB :lol:

You never know, but I think he's goofy as Batman
  • CROJAM95 wrote:
    Ugh...

He's been trying to direct and or star as Batman for years..... Daredevil sucked, and there should be a rule if you bomb as one superhero you can never try another

He probably still has splooge on his face from lobbying at WB :lol:

You never know, but I think he's goofy as Batman

No thanks!
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    For some reason that I can't understand, DC/Warner Bros must look at everything that Marvel does right and do the exact opposite.

And I like Affleck, even though I think he is a much better director than actor.

I feel like sending a resume to the presidents of DC and Warner Bros and asking them to hire me as the Vice President of common sense.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    I've been wrong before. Michael Keaton as Batman? No, thank you. I was wrong. Heath Ledger as the Joker? No, thank you. I was wrong. I'm reserving my judgement on Affleck as Batman....although I'm wary.
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    <Fanboy bitch fest>

Goddammit.

I'm not even that big of a Daredevil fan, and I hated him for being in that movie. I know it's not necessarily fair of me, but I just dislike the dude's acting. He comes across far too much as either whiny or a caricature. Sometimes that's what's called for -- but not most of the time, and not for Batman.

Also, Ben will be in his mid-40s by the time this movie comes out -- Batman is not that old unless you're setting the flick in the Dark Knight Returns universe. Don't you want a younger actor to play the role for the next 10 years and next 4 movies? Or do you want a 50-year-old Batman? Or is this the 90s when Batman is played by a different actor every flick? I didn't necessarily agree with the casting of Andrew Garfield as Spider-Man, but at least they went with an actor who could believably play a high schooler/college kid for a trilogy or more. No. We get f--ing Hollywood. Sigh.

What is it that Warner/DC don't get? You don't need a huge star -- it's a friggin' Batman/Superman movie! Put some nobody in the mask who looks the part and is a good actor and who's face won't be distracting to audiences or turn them off and people will still flock to it in droves because it's a friggin' live-action Batman/Superman movie! Sigh.

And Zack Snyder? Seriously? That f--ing guy? Sigh.

Well, at least I still have my Nolan films to watch, my animated movies with the incomparable Kevin Conroy and Tim Daly, my comic books, and my imagination. All of which are better than the $hit storm this movie will likely be. Mother f--ing sigh.

</Fanboy bitch fest>
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    i thought nolan was producing this!? ... how did he ever let this happen!? ... affleck should stick to directing - his acting is weak ... he can do the everyday guy ok but anything that requires depth or range - he doesn't have the chops ...

:fp:
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    I had my fingers crossed for Val Kilmer ... :(
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    polaris_x wrote:
    i thought nolan was producing this!? :fp:

The same way he let Man of Steel happen, I suppose.

OK, granted, I haven't seen that movie yet, so I probably shouldn't judge. But I have read some reviews and am familiar with Snyder's other work to know the dude prefers explosions and fisticuffs more than character development. While a dose of that is necessary for a superhero flick, it doesn't need to be overkill.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."