Options

***Portland 11/29 ROLLCALL***

Comments

• Options
    Hey, I don't know if anybody is planning a 10-Club get together in Portland, but I'd recommend the Slow Bar on Grande Ave. http://www.slowbar.net/

It's a cool little bar and they do serve amazing burgers. As others have mentioned, there's really not much at all around the Rose Garden, but this place is on the East side and is about 1.5 miles from the venue. One could probably walk to the show in about 20 minutes.

You know...if anybody is planning anything. If not, I'll be partying at the house before the show...

The Slow Bar is great. They do have fantastic burgers. It seems like it could be a bit small for a get together, but I imagine with the football game going on, quite a few locals will be watching football and not attending a pre-party anyway so maybe it would be big enough.
    Gorge
  • Options
    Hey, I don't know if anybody is planning a 10-Club get together in Portland, but I'd recommend the Slow Bar on Grande Ave. http://www.slowbar.net/

It's a cool little bar and they do serve amazing burgers. As others have mentioned, there's really not much at all around the Rose Garden, but this place is on the East side and is about 1.5 miles from the venue. One could probably walk to the show in about 20 minutes.

You know...if anybody is planning anything. If not, I'll be partying at the house before the show...

The Slow Bar is great. They do have fantastic burgers. It seems like it could be a bit small for a get together, but I imagine with the football game going on, quite a few locals will be watching football and not attending a pre-party anyway so maybe it would be big enough.

Portland biking style and culture from the NY Times:

http://www.nytimes.com/video/2013/07/29 ... pearl.html
    Gorge
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,212
    *like* & liked/voted over on that thread too. If you can do it mfc will be FAB! :-D
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    AnesthaAnestha Posts: 126
    edited November 2013
    :corn:
    Post edited by Anestha on
  • Options
    LD_and happyLD_and happy Portland, OR Posts: 107
    Anestha wrote:
    Hi, everyone. I'm travelling solo from Brazil and looking to swap my pair of Portland 10C RS tickets for a single Portland GA ticket. Anyone interested in swapping? Thanks!

The obvious question would be - what is your 10c number? I have done this before with not a great outcome....
  • Options
    Given2FlyGiven2Fly Seattle Posts: 168
    I'll be in reserved 180xxx. I have a question! Anybody have suggestions of a place nearby (as close as possible) to watch the Civil War. That's the reason I picked reserved because I can't miss that game (Go Ducks!). Oh yeah, good chance I'm taking my almost 6 year old daughter to the concert so the place needs to be kid friendly... anything? :/
  • Options
    don smithdon smith Posts: 833
    coming from Iowa.
    06/12/03,06/13/03
    10-05-04 09-09-05
    05-16-06-5-17-06-5-19-06,06-26-06-06-27-06 05-03-10 09-04-11
    07/19/13 11-15-13
  • Options
    I am there in reserved seats. My 1st PJ show was at the Rose Garden back in 1998. This will be my 3rd PJ show at the Rose Garden. For an arena concert you cant beat the sound. Cant wait! But driving back home to Eastern Oregon as soon as the show is over. Which will blow!! But that way my buddy and I arent in to much of a rush to get to Spokane the next night....
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,748
    demetrios wrote:
    I booked a room (king) at the Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Conv Ctr for $99/night (AAA rate). Never stayed there before but it seems fairly close to the venue. I'm open to other/better suggestions if others are willing to share.

http://www.ihg.com/crowneplaza/hotels/u ... -MAINHOTEL

I'm booking there. 7 minutes away from the show https://maps.google.ca/maps?saddr=Crown ... s&t=m&z=17 & free shuttle bus to & from the airport which is an added bonus. Last time I stayed at the Crowne Plaza was back in Hartford '08. It was a pretty sweet hotel.

http://www.cpportland.com/portland-hotel-with-shuttle

Complimentary Shuttle
    The Crowne Plaza Portland is the only hotel in downtown Portland that offers airport shuttle service for its guests. We will be pleased to pick you up and drop you off at PDX, free of charge, just be sure to contact us in when you arrive at PDX to request a shuttle. We also offer a complimentary local area shuttle that will transport you comfortably and safely to any destination within a 3-mile radius of our hotel.

Crown Plaza = close to the Rose Garden
    Crown Plaza = Not Downtown

I don't know anyone who considers anything on the east side of the river "downtown". Not that it matters much, but its not downtown....just interesting how hotels market themselves online to out-of-towners.

Can still take the free shuttle service they offer to go downtown, right? :)
  • Options
    strilostrilo Portland OR Posts: 483
    Or take the Max Light Rail train. It goes right by the Rose Garden area.
    PORTLAND - 18 JUL 98 // TAMPA - 12 AUG 00 // PORTLAND - 02 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 05 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 09 DEC 02
    BERN, SWITZERLAND - 13 SEP 06 // PORTLAND - 26 SEP 09 // CHICAGO - 19 JUL 13 // PORTLAND - 29 NOV 13
    CHICAGO - 20 AUG 16 // CHICAGO - 22 AUG 16 // PHOENIX - 09 MAY 22 // CHICAGO - 05 SEP 23 // CHICAGO - 07 SEP 23
  • Options
    JMoJMo Posts: 1,071
    Given2Fly wrote:
    I'll be in reserved 180xxx. I have a question! Anybody have suggestions of a place nearby (as close as possible) to watch the Civil War. That's the reason I picked reserved because I can't miss that game (Go Ducks!). Oh yeah, good chance I'm taking my almost 6 year old daughter to the concert so the place needs to be kid friendly... anything? :/

There's a pretty great sports bar called the Spirit of 77, right accross from the Convention center. It's walking distance. Otherwise, there is Widmer or Gotham Tavern on the yellow line, about a mile from the Rose Garden. However, I'm not sure how big their screens are.
  • Options
    JMo wrote:
    Given2Fly wrote:

There's a pretty great sports bar called the Spirit of 77, right accross from the Convention center. It's walking distance. Otherwise, there is Widmer or Gotham Tavern on the yellow line, about a mile from the Rose Garden. However, I'm not sure how big their screens are.

Do you know if kids are allowed in Spirit of 77? Thanks for the input :)
  • Options
    Given2Fly wrote:
    JMo wrote:

I just called and they allow minors until 10pm!

This place may be a good pre party spot. Has one been choosen yet?
  • Options
    JMo wrote:
    Given2Fly wrote:
    JMo wrote:

Nice! Thanks! Not sure a sports bar on Civil War day would be the best place to try and gather even more people FWIW :-D
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,729
    Given2Fly wrote:
    JMo wrote:
    Given2Fly wrote:

Nice! Thanks! Not sure a sports bar on Civil War day would be the best place to try and gather even more people FWIW :-D

Thanks for posting that, jmo, I didn't see it come up on any searches. It looks like a place I can be pretty obnoxious during the game and not be considered embarrassing like if I was at a regular bar.
  • Options
    JMo wrote:
    Given2Fly wrote:
    JMo wrote:

Not yet ..

Pearl Jam Portland, OR Preparty and Fundraiser
    [url=ttps://www.facebook.com/events/167407030114039/]ttps://www.facebook.com/events/167407030114039/[/url]
  • Options
    Go Beavers wrote:
    Given2Fly wrote:
    JMo wrote:

Thanks for posting that, jmo, I didn't see it come up on any searches. It looks like a place I can be pretty obnoxious during the game and not be considered embarrassing like if I was at a regular bar.

I've only been here a couple times before Blazers games, but it's a cool space. Because of their location, they really only get a huge crowd before games. It could be an option for the pre party. What do you guys think? Should I give them a call?
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    Anyone else flying out of JFK on the 28th?
  • Options
    YAYYYY!!!! 10c GA ticket sorted for my travel buddy ketray2412 so we're both definitely in!!! :D
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    morello wrote:
    YAYYYY!!!! 10c GA ticket sorted for my travel buddy ketray2412 so we're both definitely in!!! :D
    Woo hoo!
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    morello wrote:
    Woo hoo!
    Cheers luv. So stoked to have another ticket/show sorted, now just Oakland to sort & Seattle2x if it happens.:)
    <hr>
  • Options
    AnesthaAnestha Posts: 126
    edited November 2013
    :corn:
    Post edited by Anestha on
  • Options
    ejb770ejb770 Posts: 88
    I'm in! Reserved 218xxx
    "Counts his money every morning, the only thing that keeps him horny"
  • Options
    tedbreentedbreen San Francisco Posts: 4
    Reserved, 453xxx.

Coming up from San Francisco.
  • Options
    slingsling Posts: 169
    I'm in (+1) for GA. Guaranteed to be the shortest there, at 4'11". Hope I get to see something!
    So what time are you GA folks getting there? (So I can beat you by 5 minutes ;) )
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    Woooooooooohoooooooo!!!!!!!! :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Reserved x 2 - coming in fr NJ, first time to Portland! Excited!!
  • Options
    COPJCOPJ Posts: 3
    think I missed getting on the list
    PJCO is in for reserved #498xxx, coming in from Colorado
  • Options
    Mudhoney opening for Pearl Jam @ Portland this Fall!

a6liTd6.png?1