Options

***Portland 11/29 ROLLCALL***

Comments

• Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    anakin_pdx wrote:
    For some reason I really want Leatherman to be played at this show. It just fits for some reason

Well they have played the Rose Garden twice before ('98 & '00) and they played it both times. So they could keep up the tradition. It's never been a that common of a song, but even less so lately, so I wouldn't mind hearing it again.

...gimme sum skin.

piss break ;)
  • Options
    In reserved - SO EXCITED!!!
  • Options
    Here's a good place to meet before Portland. Just a couple blocks away. There's really not much near the Rose Garden.

http://www.uprightbrewing.com/tasting-room.html
    I got id
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,353
    bump... would the double tree be a good choice for hotel?

just trying to find out if it would be difficult to access downtown and the venue without driving
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,084

just trying to find out if it would be difficult to access downtown and the venue without driving

Not sure how far The Double Tree is but I'm staying @ Crowne Plaza which is just a 7 minute walk to the Rose Quarter.
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

Not sure how far The Double Tree is but I'm staying @ Crowne Plaza which is just a 7 minute walk to the Rose Quarter.

I'll look into that, thanks
  • Options
    Looks like only scattered single tickets in the 300 level are left for the show (through the rose quarter ticketing). Unless they open up some more sections behind the stage which I imagine they'll do since there's still 2 months until the show.
  • Options
    For anyone looking for a Portland hotel, I just did a Name Your Own Price on Priceline and got one for $50 ($64.51 US with tax).

http://www.redlion.com/our-hotels/orego ... ion-center

Looks decent, less than a mile cab ride to the venue and the regular price is $100 so it's a pretty good deal. If you want to try for the same deal and have never used Priceline before, do the following:

1. Go to priceline.com
    2. In the 'Hotels' tab, type 'Portland OR' and enter arrival and departure dates as Nov 29/13 and 30/13 respectively.
    3. In the 'Name Your Own Price' Tab; Step 1 - select area 3 for 'Convention Center - Lloyd Center', Step 2 - 3-star upscale, Step 3 - Enter your bid. My first bid of $50 was accepted so you could possibly bid lower. If you do bid lower and your bid is not accepted, you must wait 24 hours before you may bid again OR change something in your hotel criteria (e.g. city area, star rating).

You must fill out all of your contact info and credit card info; then if your bid is accepted, the charge goes through immediately and they send you your booking info. I've used Priceline for quite a few hotels for PJ tours and have never had a complaint with it. It's a great way to save a few bucks if you don't mind gambling a little bit. If you have questions, feel free to message me and I'd be happy to help out :)
  • Options
    just about 2 months... not that far...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo1bJfQWIIY
  • Options
    choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    i think this has been mentioned in this thread, but staying near the venue is not really a great option if you plan to do anything else in the city. it's in a weird spot that is kind of dull and the only thing fairly close by is one of portland's mall.

would recommend either staying downtown or somewhere else on the east side near better neighborhoods so that you can go eat or drink or anything else before or after the show.
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • Options
    DFBrooks wrote:
    Here's a good place to meet before Portland. Just a couple blocks away. There's really not much near the Rose Garden.

Have you been here? There is enough room for about 6 people in that place. Its only a tiny tasting room in the basement. No way is this a good place to meet.

Choop is right about the hotels. Stay downtown and catch MAX. Downtown = west side of the river.
    Gorge
  • Options
    DFBrooks wrote:

Have you been here? There is enough room for about 6 people in that place. Its only a tiny tasting room in the basement. No way is this a good place to meet.

Choop is right about the hotels. Stay downtown and catch MAX. Downtown = west side of the river.

Getting to the Rose Garden is so easy. Stay downtown and enjoy the city.

I will be at the Crystal...anyone else?
  • Options
    Reserved here - 348xxx
  • Options
    Hey everyone. I'm organizing Wishlist Foundation preparty. I'm working on a few last details before we confirm the venue for the preparty.

If you have questions, you can hit me up here. But I'll report back as soon as I have the official word.

It is true that there's nothing nearby that can hold a whole lot of us, but I'm working on something that's easy and on the Max line to the Rose Garden/Moda Center....whatever it is we call it these days.

I mostly operate on Facebook but that doesn't mean I love you any less. :D
  • Options
    It's most definitely not on the MAX line, but Base Camp Brewing is pretty close. According to google maps it's under 2 miles from the Rose Garden, off of Sandy. Directions aside, I was there for the first time last weekend. Great beers, plenty of room, and food options. So for those driving, that's an option. Forgot to scope out the tv situation for those with an emotional investment in the Civil War...
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    Lets have it at the first vegan strip club in the world? maybe we'll run into Cory B.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politic ... -1.1467687
  • Options
    I'm in and so looking forward to it 494XXX
    9/6/93: Portland Meadows Portland, OR
    7/22/98: Memorial Stadium Seattle, WA
    11/5/00: Key Arena Seattle, WA
    11/29/13: Rose Garden Portland, OR
    11/30/13: Rogers Arena Vancouver, BC
    12/6/13: Key Arena Seattle, WA
    10/22/14: Pepsi Center Denver, CO
  • Options
    choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    they announced that for blazers and winterhawks games that fire on the mountain (wings), sizzle pie (pizza), and bunk (sandwiches) all have a spot in the moda center. that's good eating. hopefully they are in there for shows too, not sure.
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • Options
    Just gotta say, I love the idea of all you PJ fans descending on Portland and checking out our local businesses and just enjoying this town i love so much. There's so many good places to eat and beautiful parks, etc... you can't go wrong. I almost have no suggestions because there's so much good stuff. But... try some beer from Laurelwood and Commons Brewing, which are both beyond excellent and made by pals of mine. Hopefully the weather won't be super rough. Usually all you need is some warm, semi-waterproof clothes, and you just set forth in the rain. It's simply how we roll here. (umbrellas are for tourists!)

oh yeah, and if your in southeast.... stop by and see us for coffee!

http://commongroundspdx.com/
    Your light made us stars
  • Options
    choop wrote:
    they announced that for blazers and winterhawks games that fire on the mountain (wings), sizzle pie (pizza), and bunk (sandwiches) all have a spot in the moda center. that's good eating. hopefully they are in there for shows too, not sure.
    I was one of the first cooks hired at Fire on the Mountain! Worked for them for nearly 5 years. THE BEST people to work for. They've done so well, with 4 locations and counting. Really good indulgent fried delicious food. The El Jefe wings are the spiciest goddamn thing known to man, I swear to god. One taste of that stuff is an out of body experience.
    Your light made us stars
  • Options
    ... and I pretty much turned the owners on to Pearl Jam! They are huge Widespread Panic fans and I'd always sneak in a PJ bootleg now and again... :D
    Your light made us stars
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,706
    gus stills wrote:
    It's most definitely not on the MAX line, but Base Camp Brewing is pretty close. According to google maps it's under 2 miles from the Rose Garden, off of Sandy. Directions aside, I was there for the first time last weekend. Great beers, plenty of room, and food options. So for those driving, that's an option. Forgot to scope out the tv situation for those with an emotional investment in the Civil War...

Someone point this place out earlier regarding the game, and it's right on MLK:
    http://www.spiritof77bar.com/

Skee ball and and 9' x 16' big screen. I'll be there!

Edit: and "gourmet stoner food" :lol:
  • Options
    TheGhost wrote:
    Just gotta say, I love the idea of all you PJ fans descending on Portland and checking out our local businesses and just enjoying this town i love so much. There's so many good places to eat and beautiful parks, etc... you can't go wrong. I almost have no suggestions because there's so much good stuff. But... try some beer from Laurelwood and Commons Brewing, which are both beyond excellent and made by pals of mine. Hopefully the weather won't be super rough. Usually all you need is some warm, semi-waterproof clothes, and you just set forth in the rain. It's simply how we roll here. (umbrellas are for tourists!)

oh yeah, and if your in southeast.... stop by and see us for coffee!

http://commongroundspdx.com/

yes yes and yes.
  • Options
    I've lived in Portland for a long time, but have never been to the Rose Garden (or whatever it is now called). I am trying to decide whether to dish out the money for tickets. How bad are the nose bleeds (i.e. section 303, etc.)? I'm getting old and I'm not sure I want to be so far that I can't see a thing . . .

Thanks!
  • Options
    HI everyone. I'm going to create a separate post with all the information, but here's the low down on the Wishlist Foundation preparty and fundraiser for Portland. Hope you can join us!

https://www.facebook.com/events/167407030114039/

We're going to be at Kells Irish Pub. It's right on the Max light rail line in downtown Portland. I had looked into Spirit of 77 but the owner felt that because they are usually full on game and event days, they would already packed. If we tried to host something there, many people would be shut out because of that.

Kells has quite a few city parking lots nearby and you could easily Max-it to the preparty and to the concert. If you opt to drive, its only about 2 miles but it's on the other side of the river. Either way it's pretty simple.

We're raising funds for Children's Cancer Association and their MusicRX program which brings music to children in the hospital when they are undergoing treatment for life threatening illness.

Please consider donating any PJ stuff you might have that you've been hoarding. Contact me by emailing <!-- e --><a href="mailto:jenny@wishlistfoundation.org">jenny@wishlistfoundation.org</a><!-- e -->.

Thanks for your consideration. :D
  • Options
    Add me + 1
    HI everyone. I'm going to create a separate post with all the information, but here's the low down on the Wishlist Foundation preparty and fundraiser for Portland. Hope you can join us!

We're going to be at Kells Irish Pub. It's right on the Max light rail line in downtown Portland. I had looked into Spirit of 77 but the owner felt that because they are usually full on game and event days, they would already packed. If we tried to host something there, many people would be shut out because of that.

Kells has quite a few city parking lots nearby and you could easily Max-it to the preparty and to the concert. If you opt to drive, its only about 2 miles but it's on the other side of the river. Either way it's pretty simple.

We're raising funds for Children's Cancer Association and their MusicRX program which brings music to children in the hospital when they are undergoing treatment for life threatening illness.

Please consider donating any PJ stuff you might have that you've been hoarding. Contact me by emailing <!-- e --><a href="mailto:jenny@wishlistfoundation.org">jenny@wishlistfoundation.org</a><!-- e -->.

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385

Woohoo!!! See you there! :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    :mrgreen:

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,084

Sweet! Can't wait! I'll bring some PJ goodies to the pre parties. :)
  • Options
    anothercloneanotherclone Posts: 1,688
    demetrios wrote:

Sweet! Can't wait! I'll bring some PJ goodies to the pre parties. :)

Thanks D. You know I appreciate you. :mrgreen: