201&%$

reserved and in the hizzouse
  • Options
    joebotjoebot Posts: 372
    so there !
    409*** reserved
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,934
    Its just kind of a dead zone around the Rose Garden and I don't think "walking distance" should be the #1 deciding factor for most people on where to stay if they want to check out the city at all.

Nice places to stay downtown:

http://www.governorhotel.com/about.html

http://www.thenines.com/

http://www.vintageplaza.com/

http://www.coasthotels.com/hotels/orego ... son-hotel/

Less expensive downtown options:

http://hotelmodera.com/?gclid=CNyL8JXOy ... Qgod4mEAAQ

http://www.acehotel.com/portland

http://www.markspencer.com/

Downtown also has a Hilton, Westin and a Marriott in case anyone likes to use SPG or Hilton points. If you have Hilton points, Embassy Suites would be better than the Hilton itself downtown.

Thanks for the info! :)

Will be in Portland on Thursday. Leaving early Saturday morning for Spokane.
    Something close to the arena & preparty would be sweet!
    Coupon code would be an added bonus!!
  • Options
    AC41750AC41750 Posts: 305
    In for reserved seating 190XXX
    09/12/92 11/05/93 09/13/95 07/11/98 07/13/98 10/30/99 10/22/00 10/25/00 10/28/00 10/30/00 06/01/03 06/03/03 07/06/06 07/09/06 07/10/06 07/15/06 07/16/06 08/24/09 10/06/09 10/07/09 09/03/11 09/04/11
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Go Beavers wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    I hope you guys staying right by the Rose Garden just to be within walking distance don't plan on doing anything in Portland besides seeing the show and leaving town. Otherwise you would stay downtown where there are infinitely better dining/drinking/sleeping options and still inside of a 10 minute cab ride, or 10-15 minute light rail ride to the venue. Keep in mind its going to be raining and not warm so how far are you willing to walk in the cold rain anyway?

rain? walking? walking in the rain bothers people?

rain-schmain...I'll walk 15 blocks in the rain if I have to.

anybody interested in carpooling, let me know...hopefully booking hotels this weekend.

Staying downtown and walking to the Rose Garden shouldn't be that big a deal. Probably around a mile or so. We'll know who the California fans are by their umbrellas.

:lol::lol::lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    jmuscatellojmuscatello Colorado Posts: 332
    in for reserved, member #492xxx (very first PJ show)
    staying at the Hotel Monaco
  • Options
    jammergirljammergirl Posts: 598
    I hope you guys staying right by the Rose Garden just to be within walking distance don't plan on doing anything in Portland besides seeing the show and leaving town. Otherwise you would stay downtown where there are infinitely better dining/drinking/sleeping options and still inside of a 10 minute cab ride, or 10-15 minute light rail ride to the venue. Keep in mind its going to be raining and not warm so how far are you willing to walk in the cold rain anyway?

oh, I plan on exploring the city, flying in Thanksgiving and hopefully finding a few places to check out that day. But I'm traveling alone and didn't fancy a long commute back to the hotel by myself after the concert, that was my main reason for picking a place near the venue. thanks for the info though, walking in a little rain doesn't scare me! ;)
  • Options
    jammergirljammergirl Posts: 598
    jimed14 wrote:
    jammergirl wrote:
    just booked a room at the Crown Plaza, they looked like the nicest hotel in the immediate vicinity of the concert venue. free shuttle to the airport, lounge, and indoor pool and spa! :)
    their prices are not bad if you book online, didn't really price a lot of other places since my main objective was to be near the venue in a safe-looking place. hope this helps some people!

Damn, this ain't half bad ... we should have a bay area invasion here!

do it!! post-concert party at the hotel lounge!! :D
  • Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    jammergirl wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:
    jammergirl wrote:
    just booked a room at the Crown Plaza, they looked like the nicest hotel in the immediate vicinity of the concert venue. free shuttle to the airport, lounge, and indoor pool and spa! :)
    their prices are not bad if you book online, didn't really price a lot of other places since my main objective was to be near the venue in a safe-looking place. hope this helps some people!

we're planning on booking there as well!

not sure how many of us there'll be yet, but at least 3-4...we're a nice little international group of a couple girls (and possibly one guy if he decides to do portland too), let us know if you want to maybe walk together to the pre-party/venue and back, or do a little post-partying! :)
  • Options
    I would describe the area around the Rose Garden as safe. Its not a dangerous or bad part of town from a crime standpoint so no worries about walking around, its just a part of town with not much to offer.
    Gorge
  • Options
    karicorbittkaricorbitt Posts: 207
    jammergirl wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:
    jammergirl wrote:

I will be booking here as well
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    For those who like to use Priceline I got a 3.5* Hilton downtown for $80. I'm not sure what you guys are paying bit that seems decent. Ptown said above its not the best hotel but it has decent reviews on Priceline.
  • Options
    Reserved 269XXX
    See the path cut by the moon
    For you to walk on
    See the waves on distant shores
    Waiting your arrival
  • Options
    thebuilderthebuilder Rifle, CO Posts: 119
    Ga for me see u there!
    Feel free 2 feel free
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    Still looking for a spare 10c GA for Portland. My travel buddy(ketray2412 on here) & I are travelling from Australia/NZ & we've scored 1x 10c GA between us so really need another one. We don't have anything to trade but can paypal or give cash on the day. Thnx. :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    Ince.esInce.es BCN - Spain Posts: 306
    Hotel booked!

Quality Inn Downtown Convention Center Portland - $90 a double room, breakfast included.
    Hey Foxymophandlemama, That's Me -> Stupid Mop -> Estúpida Fregona -> www.estupidafregona.net
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,350
    list updated... 73 and counting!... let me know if I missed you.

Waiting/hoping for an approved timeoff request before I book a room... fingers crossed
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    just tried 3.5 downtown on priceline for $70 per night thur. to Saturday and

LOST.
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    Sure hope the Courtyard Downtown is a nice place to stay! ;)

add me to the list of reserved!

unless i can score a GA ticket... :think:

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    In for PDX - Reserved 400xxx (old account expired, so sad)
    I gather speed from you fucking with me
  • Options
    Vital_73Vital_73 Posts: 75
    Reserved 79XXX
  • Options
    COPJCOPJ Posts: 3
    In for Portland Reserved #498xxx
  • Options
    crazy88scrazy88s Posts: 8
    Another one for Reserved # 484XXX
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    rssesq wrote:
    just tried 3.5 downtown on priceline for $70 per night thur. to Saturday and

LOST.

I lost at $70 and $75 and won at $80. I'd try $78 and if you lose try $80. Good luck.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    :corn: :corn: :corn: :corn:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    YieldToNothingYieldToNothing Posts: 3,667
    i vote for afterparty at mary's club
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    i vote for afterparty at mary's club

IN! :)
  • Options
    I'll be there in GA!
  • Options
    fdl9fdl9 Posts: 22
    in for Portland, reserved.
    PJ: Polo Fields, SF 6/24/95; Seattle 9/16/96; Sacramento 7/16/98; Mountain View 10/31/2000; Bridge School 10/23/10, Prague 7/2/12, Berlin 7/4/12, 7/5/12, Wrigley 7/19/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Portland 11/29/13; Bridge School 10/29/2014; Jacksonville 4/13/2016; Greenville 4/16/2016.
    EV: Oakland 7/11/11 and 7/12/11
  • Options
    JMoJMo Posts: 1,071
    Back in Portland! They haven't played my hometown since 2006!

Reserved seats for me.

If you get a hotel anywhere near light rail, you're golden!

There are a few budget options. Downtown value Inn offers hostel type rooms, is on the street car, and pretty good option. Juniper hotel is a 'hip' option next to the Doug Fir. A Few motor inns on the max line, as well.

Thanksgiving dinner at my house!