Options

***Portland 11/29 ROLLCALL***

Comments

• Options
    RESERVED......MY TEN CLUB # IS 480xxx.....jge is a pearl jam and ten club fan
    Seattle 2000, Las Vegas 2003, Portland 2009, Seattle(EV) 2011, Portland 2013
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    Still in need of one GA ticket for Portland. Drop me a line anyone who has a spare for a girl from New Zealnnd!!

Hey also, so I pretty well know nothing about Thanksgiving except that it's HUGE in the US. Is this show on Thanksgiving day or?!?!??! Anyway, count me & ketray2412(my 10c travel buddy from Australia) in for some Thanksgiving festivities. It'll be fab to get to expereince that. :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,656
    morello wrote:
    Still in need of one GA ticket for Portland. Drop me a line anyone who has a spare for a girl from New Zealnnd!!

Hey also, so I pretty well know nothing about Thanksgiving except that it's HUGE in the US. Is this show on Thanksgiving day or?!?!??! Anyway, count me & ketray2412(my 10c travel buddy from Australia) in for some Thanksgiving festivities. It'll be fab to get to expereince that. :)

Thanksgiving is the day before the show. Festivities generally include overeating, napping in front the t.v. with the (American) football game on, and heavy drinking in order to make certain family members more tolerable. :lol:

There could be some bands playing Thanksgiving night as people get antsy from being cooped up all day and they don't have to work the next day, but a lot things will be closed.
  • Options
    jammergirljammergirl Posts: 598
    I'll be there! flying in on Thanksgiving, hope to have a crowd of people to celebrate the holiday with...even if it's just in the hotel room with whatever we can find to eat from the 7-11! :lol:

reserved #189XXX
  • Options
    PJPJ Posts: 282
    Flying in from jersey! GA for me, can't wait! Perfect excuse to plan a trip and visit the west coast for the first time. Looking forward to meeting you all! :)
    2006-06-01 E. Rutherford 1
    2008-06-24 NYC: MSG 1
    2008-06-25 NYC: MSG 2
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    Go Beavers wrote:
    morello wrote:

Thanksgiving is the day before the show. Festivities generally include overeating, napping in front the t.v. with the (American) football game on, and heavy drinking in order to make certain family members more tolerable. :lol:

There could be some bands playing Thanksgiving night as people get antsy from being cooped up all day and they don't have to work the next day, but a lot things will be closed.
    Cool. Thnx for the info. Is Thanksgiving when it's traditional to eat turkey? Mmmmm
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    Still looking for a spare if anyone has one! :)

I heard they do traditional thanksgiving dinner in restaurants too, so I definitely want to try that! :D
  • Options
    countonbothhandscountonbothhands OR Posts: 252
    Yes, Oh Yes. I live in Portland area and was shut out of lottery! I joined club in 2011 so I'm sure I have a high number. Anyway, I am very bummed. I have never seen Pearl Jam live. If anyone out there has a spare GA, just 1 ticket for GA, I will pay graciously! You will have a friend for life and beyond! Please be that person that keeps me from crying all night for the next 4 months! Thank you all for your time and consideration!

Thank you,

Dawn
    "If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done."
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    morello wrote:
    Go Beavers wrote:
    morello wrote:

Cool. Thnx for the info. Is Thanksgiving when it's traditional to eat turkey? Mmmmm

yes, with a bunch of other high carb dishes...stuffing/dressing (basically chopped up stale bread mixed with butter and seasonings), mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, etc.

WARNING: DO NOT attempt to go to ANY department store/do any shopping, on Friday the 29th...the stores will all be crazy and you will not be able to get out in less than an hour. People will be lining up at 4am to do holiday shopping.
    Best bet, find a Fred Meyer (it's like WalMart-but clean and organized, and they sufficiently stock cashiers), get what you need, and check out in the grocery area.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    richieheapsrichieheaps Posts: 182
    Hey locals....

How's the White Eagle? A friend keeps trying to turn me on to Mcminnemans hotels. I'm staying for a few days and thought I could get some opinions...so what's the skinny with these folks?

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Hey locals....

How's the White Eagle? A friend keeps trying to turn me on to Mcminnemans hotels. I'm staying for a few days and thought I could get some opinions...so what's the skinny with these folks?

Thanks in advance.

We've never stayed at any of their hotels, but I've heard nothing but good things! I've seen a few shows at their venues & it's always a good time! We live just outside of downtown in the Raleigh Hills area & may be able to offer some out of towners a ride. It just depends on how many Texas folks are staying with us for the show. Will keep you posted!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    robbierobbie Posts: 882
    Hey locals....

Thanks in advance.

not a luxury hotel by any means but it has alot going for it. for one, they are above a bar/nightclub, so they warn you when you make reservations that it will be loud until very late at night. what better place to hang out after a show and not worry about upsetting people right? another thing is it is reasonably priced. not great rooms, but not generic either, each room is different from one another. not too many rooms so you might want to reserve one quick, oh, and not ideal for people who dont like climbing stairs, all of the rooms are up a narrow flight and above the bar.
  • Options
    richieheapsrichieheaps Posts: 182
    Wow...that was quick.. :shock:

Sounds like I may be on to something...thanks!
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Does anyone have a seating chard for Portland or have any idea on how many people will be in GA? Thanks!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,349
    strilo wrote:
    This whole show is gonna be a blast... If my research is correct... Portland hasn't had a show since 2000??? I'm excluding the "Portland" show that was in Ridgefield, WA in 09 and the Theater they played in 06.
    Why would you exclude both of those shows? The Clark County Amphitheatre is pretty much in Portland and most of the people there were probably from the Portland metro area anyway. And the show in 2006 at the Schnitz totally counts. Plus it was an amazing show, even if I did miss it and have only heard it on bootleg.

That said, I already have my tickets reserved for the 11/29 show!!!

Sorry not that they "dont count"... I just meant a show a lot of people will be able to attend and its not even outside the city. I don't know, for some reason its just more exciting to me when they're packing an arena right in the middle of town instead of 45 minutes out in the middle of nowhere (unless its the gorge or something). Know what I mean? having a hard time explaining lol
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    kneilkneil Posts: 23
    Can't wait!!! Reserved seats. Member #80xxx.
  • Options
    Mamasan BrenMamasan Bren Posts: 959
    I'll be in GA with my tryptophan grin.
    1/95 DC 7/95 Chicago Tor Tol Cha 96 AlpV I II Chi St L KC 98 BSB I II 99 Phx Vegas Fresno SBern 00 BSB I II 01 (met ed) Vegas Phx Fargo St. Paul Chicago Alpine V Indy Col Virg Phi I II MSG I II (got on DVD!) 03 Calg 05 Clev Vegas LA I II SBar 06 Lon Dus Cop Nij Bel 07 Phi I II DC MSG I II Har BOS I II 08, LA3/4, SD '09, MSG I II '10, Missoula, London ONT, Wrigley, SD, LA1/2, Portland. Wrigley '16 I and II. 
  • Options
    For those of you who might now know, despite the day after Thanksgiving being "Black Friday" (typically the busiest shopping day of the year) the great State of Oregon has no sales tax, so it is a great place to do some shopping.

Seating Chart Link:

http://cdn.rosequarter.com/SeatingMaps/ ... 3cf983.png
    Gorge
  • Options
    strilo wrote:
    This whole show is gonna be a blast... If my research is correct... Portland hasn't had a show since 2000??? I'm excluding the "Portland" show that was in Ridgefield, WA in 09 and the Theater they played in 06.
    Why would you exclude both of those shows? The Clark County Amphitheatre is pretty much in Portland and most of the people there were probably from the Portland metro area anyway. And the show in 2006 at the Schnitz totally counts. Plus it was an amazing show, even if I did miss it and have only heard it on bootleg.

That said, I already have my tickets reserved for the 11/29 show!!!

Sorry not that they "dont count"... I just meant a show a lot of people will be able to attend and its not even outside the city. I don't know, for some reason its just more exciting to me when they're packing an arena right in the middle of town instead of 45 minutes out in the middle of nowhere (unless its the gorge or something). Know what I mean? having a hard time explaining lol

Being from Portland, I totally know what you mean. The Clark County Amphetheater suckssssss and I'm happy for all who are traveling to the show that its taking place at the Rose Garden. Not that the Rose Garden is amazing, but its the best option by far.
    Gorge
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,924
    For those of you who might now know, despite the day after Thanksgiving being "Black Friday" (typically the busiest shopping day of the year) the great State of Oregon has no sales tax, so it is a great place to do some shopping.

Seating Chart Link:

http://cdn.rosequarter.com/SeatingMaps/ ... 3cf983.png

Tax free eh?
    Sweet!! 8-)

I'll be in Portland on Thursday.

Would it be wrong to celebrate 2 Thanksgivings?
  • Options
    GA for me!!!! Can't think about much else right now. Its gonna be a long 4 months!!!
  • Options
    wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 912
    Where is the Pre-Party . . .

GA for me
  • Options
    anakin_pdxanakin_pdx Posts: 389
    wbutler29 wrote:

GA for me

Pre-Party for me will be in the GA line :D
  • Options
    Ezo5000Ezo5000 Posts: 155
    Reserved checking in. \m/
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    i should be on this list as well... reserved

i could be looking for 1 GA

not going to hold my breath though, just happy to have tickets...

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    Crazy MarcusCrazy Marcus Posts: 1,823
    GA for me. :D
  • Options
    LD_and happyLD_and happy Portland, OR Posts: 107
    anakin_pdx wrote:
    wbutler29 wrote:

GA for me

Pre-Party for me will be in the GA line :D

What time you thinking of getting in line? Just read a tread from Wrigley and it seemed a little stressed.
    I hope we 10clubbers in line can make a civil time of it. Do you think someone will do a dreaded "list" ?
    I am old and happy as hell to be in GA for a chance close. My number is pretty good and I hope I don't regret dealing with some assholes pushing. What do you think friends?
  • Options
    LD_and happyLD_and happy Portland, OR Posts: 107
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    here i thought GA was for fan club members only...

:nono:

if you look you can find them for sale...

I emailed 10c about that issue when I looked on the Rose Quarter website for tix. They confirmed that all GA tix were just for 10c and not for sale - we shall see!
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,847
    See you there. My birthday that day too. Whooop! :D
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Options
    Ince.esInce.es BCN - Spain Posts: 306
    Two Spaniards will be there if we have no problems with flights. We arrive to Seattle a 12pm and we'll take a car to Portland... hope to arrive on time.
    We have reserved tickets and our numbers are 180xxx and 209xxx.
    Hey Foxymophandlemama, That's Me -> Stupid Mop -> Estúpida Fregona -> www.estupidafregona.net