Options

SIMPLE POLL: LIKE/DISLIKE LOTTERY

Comments

• Options
    tapags723tapags723 Posts: 28
    LOTTERY IS BS!!!!!!

0-8 IN SHOWS, 0-12 IN OPTIONS FOR THOSE SHOWS! AND STILL NO ONE HAS GOTTEN BACK TO ME!!!
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    tapags723 wrote:
    LOTTERY IS BS!!!!!!

0-8 IN SHOWS, 0-12 IN OPTIONS FOR THOSE SHOWS! AND STILL NO ONE HAS GOTTEN BACK TO ME!!!

Gotten back to you about what? Nothing to really say if you didnt get picked right? Or did you email asking why??

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    tapags723 wrote:
    LOTTERY IS BS!!!!!!

Gotten back to you about what? Nothing to really say if you didnt get picked right? Or did you email asking why??

I emailed them back on the 15th with no response as of yet. You can't tell me that a selection process is fair if you put in for that many options and do not get one pair of tickets....
  • Options
    tapags723 wrote:
    tapags723 wrote:
    LOTTERY IS BS!!!!!!

I emailed them back on the 15th with no response as of yet. You can't tell me that a selection process is fair if you put in for that many options and do not get one pair of tickets....

BTW this was all for leg 1 of the upcoming tour....
  • Options
    tapags723 wrote:
    tapags723 wrote:
    LOTTERY IS BS!!!!!!

Thats what I thought...1...do you know how many of those angry emails they got? 2...how many of said emails do you think they will answer given the criteria that was laid out for us...3...you ever spend $40 and play your state lottery and lose? Would you email them and tell them its not fair?? Didnt think so....that's why they call it a LOTTERY... .4....dont lose your cool just yet, arent the public onsales this sat?..5....stop complaing to them and instead, try and be proactive, reach out and make some friends here and FIND yourself a ticket to the shows you want to go too...I assume you know a few people here? If not, get to know some folks and do some networking....I was 2 for 4, so while I didnt get them all, I know I am already in the doors for whatever show in whatever city I decide to land in...I could go anywhere in the world and find a place to crash and a ticket to a show with just a phonecall or an email, because I have made a point to not sweat this kind of thing and get what I want when I want...Not bragging at all or trying to be condecending at all, just pointing you in a different direction that will help you get into the show(s) you want. There are a TON of cool people on this board and if you take some time to get to know some and reach out as I suggest, you will have tickets to some if not all of the shows you want to attend...but wasting your time asking for answers from the 10C will get you nowhere and you will only lose precious time.....just my 2 cents... :-) Good luck and I hope you get to some shows here, or have luck with the public tickets..

• Options
    Thats what I thought...1...do you know how many of those angry emails they got? 2...how many of said emails do you think they will answer given the criteria that was laid out for us...3...you ever spend $40 and play your state lottery and lose? Would you email them and tell them its not fair?? Didnt think so....that's why they call it a LOTTERY... .4....dont lose your cool just yet, arent the public onsales this sat?..5....stop complaing to them and instead, try and be proactive, reach out and make some friends here and FIND yourself a ticket to the shows you want to go too...I assume you know a few people here? If not, get to know some folks and do some networking....I was 2 for 4, so while I didnt get them all, I know I am already in the doors for whatever show in whatever city I decide to land in...I could go anywhere in the world and find a place to crash and a ticket to a show with just a phonecall or an email, because I have made a point to not sweat this kind of thing and get what I want when I want...Not bragging at all or trying to be condecending at all, just pointing you in a different direction that will help you get into the show(s) you want. There are a TGON of cool people on this board and if you take some time to get to know some and reach out as I suggest, you will have tickets to some if not all of the shows you want to attend...but wasting your time asking for answers from the 10C will get you nowhere and you will only lose precious time.....just my 2 cents... :-) Good luck and I hope you get to some shows, or have luck with the public tickets..[/quote]

Well obviously I plan on trying to get public tickets. this isn't about a public lottery in any way. It is about how it works. I spoke to at least 20 different "cool" people at Wrigley and they all felt is was BS. Listen, I understand it is what it is, but i'm still not happy.

I posted about this and I had one reply from one person in Philly who might have an extra ticket which was very nice of them and I appreciate it believe me.

I am going to go to all eight shows regardless, but it would have been nice to have some tickets secured without paying twice their value. Or 10x their value in Wrigley's case...

I am also not wasting my time IMO. Just voicing my displeasure. Believe me I will be on my computer at 10 am on Saturday!
  • Options
    tapags723 wrote:
    Thats what I thought...1...do you know how many of those angry emails they got? 2...how many of said emails do you think they will answer given the criteria that was laid out for us...3...you ever spend $40 and play your state lottery and lose? Would you email them and tell them its not fair?? Didnt think so....that's why they call it a LOTTERY... .4....dont lose your cool just yet, arent the public onsales this sat?..5....stop complaing to them and instead, try and be proactive, reach out and make some friends here and FIND yourself a ticket to the shows you want to go too...I assume you know a few people here? If not, get to know some folks and do some networking....I was 2 for 4, so while I didnt get them all, I know I am already in the doors for whatever show in whatever city I decide to land in...I could go anywhere in the world and find a place to crash and a ticket to a show with just a phonecall or an email, because I have made a point to not sweat this kind of thing and get what I want when I want...Not bragging at all or trying to be condecending at all, just pointing you in a different direction that will help you get into the show(s) you want. There are a TGON of cool people on this board and if you take some time to get to know some and reach out as I suggest, you will have tickets to some if not all of the shows you want to attend...but wasting your time asking for answers from the 10C will get you nowhere and you will only lose precious time.....just my 2 cents... :-) Good luck and I hope you get to some shows, or have luck with the public tickets..

Well obviously I plan on trying to get public tickets. this isn't about a public lottery in any way. It is about how it works. I spoke to at least 20 different "cool" people at Wrigley and they all felt is was BS. Listen, I understand it is what it is, but i'm still not happy.

I posted about this and I had one reply from one person in Philly who might have an extra ticket which was very nice of them and I appreciate it believe me.

I am going to go to all eight shows regardless, but it would have been nice to have some tickets secured without paying twice their value. Or 10x their value in Wrigley's case...

I am also not wasting my time IMO. Just voicing my displeasure. Believe me I will be on my computer at 10 am on Saturday![/quote]

Again...wasnt trying to get your goat, was just trying to point you in a different direction....seems EVERYONE here these days is so angry, I just happned on your replay and thought I would speak my pc is all....Sounds like u got it covered....sorry if I offended.

• Options
    tapags723 wrote:
    Thats what I thought...1...do you know how many of those angry emails they got? 2...how many of said emails do you think they will answer given the criteria that was laid out for us...3...you ever spend $40 and play your state lottery and lose? Would you email them and tell them its not fair?? Didnt think so....that's why they call it a LOTTERY... .4....dont lose your cool just yet, arent the public onsales this sat?..5....stop complaing to them and instead, try and be proactive, reach out and make some friends here and FIND yourself a ticket to the shows you want to go too...I assume you know a few people here? If not, get to know some folks and do some networking....I was 2 for 4, so while I didnt get them all, I know I am already in the doors for whatever show in whatever city I decide to land in...I could go anywhere in the world and find a place to crash and a ticket to a show with just a phonecall or an email, because I have made a point to not sweat this kind of thing and get what I want when I want...Not bragging at all or trying to be condecending at all, just pointing you in a different direction that will help you get into the show(s) you want. There are a TGON of cool people on this board and if you take some time to get to know some and reach out as I suggest, you will have tickets to some if not all of the shows you want to attend...but wasting your time asking for answers from the 10C will get you nowhere and you will only lose precious time.....just my 2 cents... :-) Good luck and I hope you get to some shows, or have luck with the public tickets..

I am also not wasting my time IMO. Just voicing my displeasure. Believe me I will be on my computer at 10 am on Saturday!

Again...wasnt trying to get your goat, was just trying to point you in a different direction....seems EVERYONE here these days is so angry, I just happned on your replay and thought I would speak my pc is all....Sounds like u got it covered....sorry if I offended.[/quote]

No offense taken buddy. This is more out of frustration than anything. I appreciate your views/opinions on this.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,544
    Dislike but don't go back to the old way where those with computer programming knowledge had an edge on getting tickets.
  • Options
    SH10924SH10924 Posts: 7
    Absolute Dislike.

Been a member since 1995 and am going to miss out on tickets for this tour because I didn't apply for a ticket lottery?

Lame doesn't even begin to describe how disappointed I am.
  • Options
    ambrasjesambrasjes Posts: 124
    gibbits wrote:

What I really don't understand is why we aren't able to buy posters with our tickets beforehand. I know most posters end up on sale here months after the show, but I loved the peace of mind I got from knowing I didn't have to stress about damaging my poster or them running out, etc.

I think they should expand the idea and do a tour mailer if you have tickets where you can pick if you want to buy tour merch (excluding show specific merch) beforehand. Pick it up in a package with your 10C tickets or have them ship it from the warehouse. I figure that would save the band some weight to make touring a little cheaper (less gas, plus we would be paying the shipping anyhow so no loss there!) I would pay the shipping charges to be able to not stand in line and enjoy a beer before the show.

Exactly what he said! :idea:
    Antwerp/London/Nijmegen/Werchter/Camden2/NewYork2/EVChicago1&2/Chicago1&2/
    Werchter/A'dam1/Werchter/EVA'dam2/EVLondon1/Portland/Spokane/Calgary/Vancouver/
    Seattle

Longtime ghost
  • Options
    Karmaholic1Karmaholic1 SoCal Posts: 83
    Like. Hoping to be on or near the holy rail in SD and LA; will be happy if some merch is left over after the show.
    I wish I was a radio song, the one that you turned up
  • Options
    MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,628
    I'm curious; how many people dislike the lottery because they go to 5+ shows per tour? I get the impression that people who like the lottery are those who can for various reasons, only afford to go to 1-2 shows per tour.

The lottery obviously makes it easier for a larger number of fans to get a pair of tickets but it makes it difficult for hardcore fans to score multiple shows. I suppose if you're someone who is used to going to a bunch of shows each tour the lottery would really suck, but if you are looking for only a couple of shows the lottery probably works in your favour (unless you live in NYC). The same thing can be said of GA. If you have a low 10C number, GA is probably the worst thing to happen in years but if your number is in the 300,000 range it's great. This survey would probably be more revealing if people stated how many shows they were looking for and roughly where they are in the 10C.

Good point, there are a lot of factors to consider. This poll is far from scientific, and it's results are essentially meaningless.
  • Options
    ambrasjes wrote:
    gibbits wrote:

What I really don't understand is why we aren't able to buy posters with our tickets beforehand. I know most posters end up on sale here months after the show, but I loved the peace of mind I got from knowing I didn't have to stress about damaging my poster or them running out, etc.

I think they should expand the idea and do a tour mailer if you have tickets where you can pick if you want to buy tour merch (excluding show specific merch) beforehand. Pick it up in a package with your 10C tickets or have them ship it from the warehouse. I figure that would save the band some weight to make touring a little cheaper (less gas, plus we would be paying the shipping anyhow so no loss there!) I would pay the shipping charges to be able to not stand in line and enjoy a beer before the show.

Exactly what he said! :idea:

I'll never understand why so many people on this board will complain about hitting F5 for 40 minutes to score tickets in the comfort of their own home. Yet will stand outside in 100°F temperatures for 12 hours to be the first in the venue, or 3 hours in line to buy merchandise.

If tickets are by lottery, then so should venue entry and merchandise.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    people still talking about it?

its more than a year the new system on....

is like someone still talking about an ex girlfriend the one cheat on him 18 months ago..

get over it and go for a new partner..sex,especially with new partner is so good you know..!!

p.s...i love Baseball!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

is like someone still talking about an ex girlfriend the one cheat on him 18 months ago..

get over it and go for a new partner..sex,especially with new partner is so good you know..!!

It's more like F5 was our faithful wife, and we cheated on her with the lottery. Now that we know the grass isn't greener, we want to go back to the good old days.

The F5 Faithfull are here to stay, get over it. I love how it was OK for people to bitch for YEARS about F5, but now the debate is closed? :fp:
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    It's ok but I don't like that they lumped all the shows from one leg into one lottery instead of doing a separate lottery for each show.
  • Options
    ptricia435ptricia435 Posts: 76
    dislike
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,310
    Don't care .....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    MG79478 wrote:

It's more like F5 was our faithful wife, and we cheated on her with the lottery. Now that we know the grass isn't greener, we want to go back to the good old days.

The F5 Faithfull are here to stay, get over it. I love how it was OK for people to bitch for YEARS about F5, but now the debate is closed? :fp:
    You can debate all day long...
    F5 is an ex wife..get over it. She dump you..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    PJStatTrackerPJStatTracker Posts: 2,400
    Like.
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,065
    The women tear their blouses off
    and the men they dance on the polka-dots
    and it's partner found, it's partner lost
    and it's hell to pay when the fiddler stops
    it's Closing time
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    KC2917KC2917 Posts: 871
    despise
  • Options
    I like it a great deal.
    I didn't have to sit around the computer all day putting in the contra code to score tickets, now that was a terrible system.
    I believe the only ones upset are the ones that expected to be up front for every show they chose to attend, which is ridiculous.
    I picked one show, GA first , reserved as my second.
    If I missed out on both, I would have been fine about taking my chances with the general public sale tomorrow.
    I realized that nothing was guaranteed going in, nothing. But that's just me .

Oh, and I have also been a member since 1995.
  • Options
    lpeddlelpeddle Posts: 293
    Like.
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    Dislike...but unfortunately I don't know if there's a better way...
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    MG79478 wrote:

You can debate all day long...

Why you get decide when debate over?

Heaven forbid you have an open mind and listen to the many people who have a different point of view than you. Instead you just post your close minded and selfish point of view over and over.

Now... try to stay on topic next time you reply to one of my posts.
  • Options
    MG79478 wrote:

Why you get decide when debate over?

Heaven forbid you have an open mind and listen to the many people who have a different point of view than you. Instead you just post your close minded and selfish point of view over and over.

Now... try to stay on topic next time you reply to one of my posts.
    blah blah blah..i know you love me..i love you too..we belong together