Options

Dallas 11/15 Roll Call

Comments

• Options
    themessengerthemessenger Dallas Posts: 1,320
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Wish I could party with you guys in Dallas, but I'm beyond stoked that the Dallas crew is coming to the NW!! See you guys soon!

I'm gonna end up with behind the stage stubhub for Seattle. I didn't realize how many were going until I posted that status.

Guess I'll see you there too! There's at least 4 of us from Dallas going to the Seattle show.
  • Options
    Friends, has anyone set up something to do on Thursday night??
  • Options
    shep wrote:
    shep wrote:

Well, it sounds like it's a plan....

so how you wanna tag cars? (suggested method should be non-permanent in nature)

I was thinking find your biggest PJ sticker and slap it on the ass-end of your car? (would suggest going to the nearest michael's and picking up a sheet of magnet paper and sticking it on that, then slapping in on your car)...

open to other suggestions?

Also - official departure time? I'm thinking not before 9 am (to accommodate those of us who will be drinking the night before ;) )

I've got stickman on my back windshield?

So should I start an " ******Official PJ Gumball Rally - Dallas to OKC***** " thread and require everyone participating to provide the make and model of their car... or can we just do it here?

Official Start time 9 am.... second place finisher gets to buy me a beer at the nearest establishment to the Hampton Inn OKC ;)

Black 2009 Mazda RX-8 - shep

Anyone up for wearing the most ridiculous hat you own in your car on the way up and then we can wear them to the OKC pre-party? I'm running the party in OKC and was attempted to try to get something fun going on besides all the obvious fun we'll be having.
    I have to be at Tapwerks by 11:30 to set up but let me know and I'll start something up with crazy hats in the Wishlist event page for OKC.
  • Options
    I've got a crazy hat...Im in
  • Options
    So there is a Pearl Jam preparty? At HOB? "Foundation Room? Set up for the wishlist foundation? I am way late getting back to this thread? HOB Foundation Room sounds tiny? How much $$$ are we talking? Is it already sold out? Other meet ups? I would love to mingle and sample decent beers. But only a couple don't want to pee every 20 mins during the show.

Can someone give me some insight and highlights from the 23 pages of this thread? :lol:
  • Options
    So there is a Pearl Jam preparty? At HOB? "Foundation Room? Set up for the wishlist foundation? I am way late getting back to this thread? HOB Foundation Room sounds tiny? How much $$$ are we talking? Is it already sold out? Other meet ups? I would love to mingle and sample decent beers. But only a couple don't want to pee every 20 mins during the show.

Can someone give me some insight and highlights from the 23 pages of this thread? :lol:

Here is the event page on Facebook. Yes, there is a Wishlist party in the Foundation Room at HOB. 3-6 p.m.
    See you there!
    https://www.facebook.com/events/643158815713239/
  • Options
    So what is admission price/donation? And is it already packed? Don't want to be one of 600 people standing outside of a venue with a fire code of 250 or so?
  • Options
    So what is admission price/donation? And is it already packed? Don't want to be one of 600 people standing outside of a venue with a fire code of 250 or so?

No admission price.
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,617
    My buddy is driving us from Dallas to okc in his grey Prius. I think it'd be hilarious for me if everyone that passes is flicks him off.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    ComeToTX wrote:
    My buddy is driving us from Dallas to okc in his grey Prius. I think it'd be hilarious for me if everyone that passes is flicks him off.
    When are you guys leaving The big D to OKC? And will there be any distinguishing marks to identify it? Other than that whole Prius factor??
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Me and my MINI will be flying up I-35 around noon probably.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    ComeToTX wrote:
    When are you guys leaving The big D to OKC? And will there be any distinguishing marks to identify it? Other than that whole Prius factor??
    Joey and I will just flip off anyone we see in a grey Prius ;):lol:
    "I am myself...like you, somehow."
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,652
    alright, so far we have:

shep - RX8
    messanger - MINI
    gish - (stickman sticker)
    CometoTX - Prius (clearly gonna lose)
    PillowPants - Rental - so I'll assume a some hyundai product ;)
    Kimmy - ?
    Drving Grl - ?

Whose Robley driving with? I assume he's coming to OKC.... right?

And just so everyone's aware - i'll be at the bar in OKC first thing, complaining to anyone who will listen. ;)

You're all gonna lose.
    twosdaygrl wrote:
    Anyone up for wearing the most ridiculous hat you own in your car on the way up and then we can wear them to the OKC pre-party? I'm running the party in OKC and was attempted to try to get something fun going on besides all the obvious fun we'll be having.
    I have to be at Tapwerks by 11:30 to set up but let me know and I'll start something up with crazy hats in the Wishlist event page for OKC.

I'll where the craziest hat I can think of - a Montreal Canadian's 5950 ;) nobody in the south knows what the symbol is, so they always think im crazy....
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Driving up to okc with white discussion. Can't wait!
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    So is anyone else ready to blow the roof off of the AA arena yet or what???

This time next week I will be reeling and recovering from a mind blowing show in Dallas and more than likely a healthy hang over, getting ready to board my plane for my 40 minute flight to OKC.

GET SOME!
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    cmm6734cmm6734 Houston, TX Posts: 569
    Hell fucking yeah!! I can't wait! I'll be driving from Dallas to OKC, so hopefully I can leave early enough to hit the OKC pre party. I'm taking a good friend with me who is a PJ first timer. He saw Eddie solo twice with me, now he gets the whole experience.
    40+ shows, it is never enough!
  • Options
    MissPennyLaneMissPennyLane Redondo Beach, CA Posts: 687
    I have never needed something so bad.
  • Options
    hookemhookem Posts: 245
    Driving the 7 passenger SUV to OKC. Picking it up from rental car place at Love Field early Saturday morning so have no idea of description yet. Lightning Bolt shoe polish in the back window will probably happen.

Also, still looking for a Dallas pair. Will pay cash or trade PHX GA pair. PM me.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    Can't wait for Dallas and OKC!! Hell yes!!! Only my 6th and 7th shows but bringing my gf who is a first timer. So excited!! We'll be in reserved 10c for Dallas but shitty seats for OKC. pM me if you have an extra set for OKC, please, mine suck ass!!!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    KimmiebyromKimmiebyrom Posts: 1,832
    These 2 shows can't happen soon enough!
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV
  • Options
    yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661

I feel the same way. I am beyond ready !! Spinning some Pearl Jam vinyl and drinking a few adult beverages right now. .... In complete pre party mode !! :D Hell, I was even just clappping along with the audience of the record I'm listening to... (vault # 3)
  • Options
    KimmiebyromKimmiebyrom Posts: 1,832
    yellowwho wrote:

I feel the same way. I am beyond ready !! Spinning some Pearl Jam vinyl and drinking a few adult beverages right now. .... In complete pre party mode !! :D Hell, I was even just clappping along with the audience of the record I'm listening to... (vault # 3)

I love that freaking thing! I've been listening now for weeks and it's been my go-to in the evenings by the fire pit. STOKED!!
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV
  • Options
    yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
    yellowwho wrote:

I love that freaking thing! I've been listening now for weeks and it's been my go-to in the evenings by the fire pit. STOKED!!

:thumbup:
  • Options
    Dallas week bump! :D
  • Options
    Oh man oh man oh man...

Need to finish my kids project which is due Friday by Wednesday so we can fly out to the Big D...

Can't wait to meet/see you all..
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    lazlobluelazloblue Houston Posts: 738
    Super Excited for the road trip to see the Fellas!!

Houston to Dallas to OKC

Gonna be Fricking GREAT shows!!
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,617
    shep wrote:
    alright, so far we have:

shep - RX8
    messanger - MINI
    Kimmy - ?
    Drving Grl - ?

And just so everyone's aware - i'll be at the bar in OKC first thing, complaining to anyone who will listen. ;)

You're all gonna lose.
    twosdaygrl wrote:

I'll where the craziest hat I can think of - a Montreal Canadian's 5950 ;) nobody in the south knows what the symbol is, so they always think im crazy....

We got that Prius over 100 in Big Bend and we won't have to stop for gas!
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    CobCob Posts: 857
    Dallas and OKC for me and 3 others.
    [img][/img]9/5/92, 11/20/93, 3/14,15/94, 9/16/95, 10/14,15/2000
    4/5,6/9/2003, 9/1/05, 12/7/2005, 7/15,16,18/2006, 8/5/2007
    6/24,25/08,6/27/08,6/28/08,6/30/08
    9/21,22/2009, 10/4/2009
    5/6,7,9/2010, 9/3/2011 9/4/2011, 11/15/2013,
    11/16/2013, 12/8/2013, 10/5/2014, 10/12/2014,
    4/23, 5/10, 5/12, 8/20, 8/22 2016,
    8/8, 8/10, 8/18, 8/20 2018, 5/12, 5/13, 9/20 2022

• Options
    shep wrote:
    alright, so far we have:

shep - RX8
    messanger - MINI
    Kimmy - ?
    Drving Grl - ?

You're all gonna lose.
    twosdaygrl wrote:

Rental, I'll have Arq, Josh and Colemeiser in mine... Get the gumball machine ready..
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    its just gishits just gish San Antonio, TX Posts: 880
    shep wrote:
    alright, so far we have:

shep - RX8
    messanger - MINI
    Kimmy - ?
    Drving Grl - ?

You're all gonna lose.
    twosdaygrl wrote:

Should also mention it's a gray Lancer.. with a car full of people.