Options

Dallas 11/15 Roll Call

Comments

• Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    carmenere wrote:
    My friend and I will be flying from Nashville to Dallas and are going to the Dallas and OKC shows. Anyone want to give us a lift from Dallas to OKC? Will split gas and throw in a few beers! One way rentals are expensive and we're trying to avoid going that route!

Hey guys!! I am Leslie...good to know we can meet new friends through PJ. We surely will have a great trip to OKC
    Hey we're ( my sister a d I) are driving. If you still need a lift, PM me. We can at least GET you TO OKC. But we're leaving out after the show Sat. Straight into Joplin Mo.
  • Options
    kcherubkcherub Posts: 961
    The Wishlist preparty and fundraiser at Dallas House of Blues is shaping up to be awesome!

Hope to see you all there!

XOXO
    KBB
    I still want you all to "take care"--I am just damn tired of typing it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kcherub#p/a/u/0/N-UQprRqSwo
  • Options
    carmenere wrote:
    My friend and I will be flying from Nashville to Dallas and are going to the Dallas and OKC shows. Anyone want to give us a lift from Dallas to OKC? Will split gas and throw in a few beers! One way rentals are expensive and we're trying to avoid going that route!

Hey guys!! I am Leslie...good to know we can meet new friends through PJ. We surely will have a great trip to OKC

Hi Leslie! We are looking forward to it. :) Thanks for the generosity!
  • Options
    cmm6734cmm6734 Houston, TX Posts: 569
    kcherub wrote:
    The Wishlist preparty and fundraiser at Dallas House of Blues is shaping up to be awesome!

XOXO
    KBB

So the preparty is at HoB?
    40+ shows, it is never enough!
  • Options
    KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,494
    Anyone meeting up before the show? We're driving in from Houston
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • Options
    its just gishits just gish San Antonio, TX Posts: 880
    KV4053 wrote:
    Anyone meeting up before the show? We're driving in from Houston

cmm6734 » 28 Oct 2013 07:57

kcherub wrote:

XOXO
    KBB

So the preparty is at HoB?

House of Blues.
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Preparty Location:

House of Blues Dallas
    Foundation Room
    White Swan Building
    2200 N. Lamar Street
    Dallas, TX 75202

Time: Friday November 15th (3:00 - 6:00 PM)

Cover band Pearl Gem will be performing.

It will be a fun time!! Looking forward to seeing everyone there!
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    themessengerthemessenger Dallas Posts: 1,320
    edited October 2013
    Better Dan wrote:
    Preparty Location:

House of Blues Dallas
    Foundation Room
    White Swan Building
    2200 N. Lamar Street
    Dallas, TX 75202

I was thinking pre-preparty at the Katy Trail Ice House. They probably have the best patio in that part of Dallas, so it's a cool spot assuming the weather is nice. http://katyicehouse.com/index.html

It's right on the Katy Trail, and we can walk to the AAC and HoB area in about 10 minutes.
    Post edited by themessenger on
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:
    Preparty Location:

House of Blues Dallas
    Foundation Room
    White Swan Building
    2200 N. Lamar Street
    Dallas, TX 75202

I was thinking pre-preparty at the Katy Trail Ice House. They probably have the best patio in that part of Dallas, so it's a cool spot assuming the weather is nice. http://katyicehouse.com/index.html

It's right on the Katy Trail, and we can walk to the AAC and HoB area in about a 10 minutes.

Sounds great! Anyone getting into town on Thursday planning anything?
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    White DiscussionWhite Discussion Melissa Texas Posts: 2,812
    I guess since I'll be with you Mike I'm there 8-):D

Better Dan wrote:
    Preparty Location:

House of Blues Dallas
    Foundation Room
    White Swan Building
    2200 N. Lamar Street
    Dallas, TX 75202

It's right on the Katy Trail, and we can walk to the AAC and HoB area in about a 10 minutes.
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,617
    KTIH is a great spot. I'm down.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    Joined this party late.

So Katy Trail first, then HOB? Sounds like fun.
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    Less than two weeks people and for me personally, my first shows of the tour in Dallas and OKC. Seeing the first leg shows from the sidelines has been absolute torture.

I couldn't be more stoked. Dallas/OKC will be a special weekend. With 10 years from playing Dallas proper, nothing but good vibes rolling in.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    themessengerthemessenger Dallas Posts: 1,320
    For Thursday night the 14th, I was thinking about Capital Pub for a get together for everyone that is already in town. It's about 3-4 miles from the AAC and the downtown area so it should be a convenient drive and/or cheap taxi ride from your hotel.

What does everyone think? I'm open to other ideas, but wanted to throw this out there to get the ball rolling towards having a meeting spot for Thursday night. Can't wait! :D

http://www.capitolpubdallas.com/
    https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en& ... =addr&om=1

DIRECTIONS:
    We are located at 2401 North Henderson
    1/2 mile east of Central/75 on your right at Capitol,
    1 block past the light at Belmont.

We have 2 parking lots (and valet), both entrances on Capitol.
  • Options
    For Thursday night the 14th, I was thinking about Capital Pub for a get together for everyone that is already in town. It's about 3-4 miles from the AAC and the downtown area so it should be a convenient drive and/or cheap taxi ride from your hotel.

What does everyone think? I'm open to other ideas, but wanted to throw this out there to get the ball rolling towards having a meeting spot for Thursday night. Can't wait! :D

DIRECTIONS:

if you organize it...they will come :) Just tell me where to be, and I will be there with bells on
  • Options
    11 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!! Hells yeah!!
  • Options
    KimmiebyromKimmiebyrom Posts: 1,832
    Having followed the first leg of shows, I cannot WAIT to do this thing FOR REAL!
    Gonna be an amazing to see both shows back to back!
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV
  • Options
    jwhjr17jwhjr17 Posts: 1,924
    Having followed the first leg of shows, I cannot WAIT to do this thing FOR REAL!

+1
    1998-06-30 Mpls | 2006-07-06 Las Vegas | 2010-05-03 Kansas City | 2011-07-01 St. Louis EV | 2011-07-02 Mpls EV | 2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20 | 2011-09-17 Winnipeg | 2012-09-30 Missoula | 2012-11-18 Tulsa EV | 2013-07-19 Chicago | 2013-11-15 Dallas
    2013-11-16 OKC | 2014-10-09 Lincoln | 2014-10-17 Moline | 2014-10-19 St. Paul | 2014-10-20 Milwaukee | 2016-08-20 Chicago
    2016-08-22 Chicago | 2018-08-18 Chicago | 2018-08-20 Chicago | 2022-05-09 Phoenix | 2022-05-20 Las Vegas | 2022-09-18 St. Louis 
    2022-09-20 OKC | 2023-08-31 St. Paul | 2023-09-02 St. Paul | 2024-05-16 Las Vegas | 2024-05-18 Las Vegas |
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,652

DIRECTIONS:

Damn....

Sounds like fun, too bad I can't make it.

Unfortunately have to work Friday morning... we're going to peel out of Houston around 11-11:30, so hopefully checking into the hotel and heading to a pre-party somewhere... the Katy Ice House looks like my kind of place over the HoB, so hopefully there's enough time to make it there between checking in at the hotel, ticket pick-up/merch and eating!

Looking forward to the fun weekend!
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    White DiscussionWhite Discussion Melissa Texas Posts: 2,812
    Yes sir 8-)

shep wrote:

DIRECTIONS:

Damn....

Sounds like fun, too bad I can't make it.

Unfortunately have to work Friday morning... we're going to peel out of Houston around 11-11:30, so hopefully checking into the hotel and heading to a pre-party somewhere... the Katy Ice House looks like my kind of place over the HoB, so hopefully there's enough time to make it there between checking in at the hotel, ticket pick-up/merch and eating!

Looking forward to the fun weekend!
  • Options
    OMG YEAH!! I am
    So excited!! The setlists have been fucking amazing!! And I can't wait to show my sister the magic of seeing these guys back to back like this!! She wants to join the 10c now lol!! Annnnnd my work there is done!!
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,617
    About 5,000 miles from Dallas right now crossing from Belfast to Scotland but I'm still looking forward to this show.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    KimmiebyromKimmiebyrom Posts: 1,832
    ComeToTX wrote:
    About 5,000 miles from Dallas right now crossing from Belfast to Scotland but I'm still looking forward to this show.

Wow!
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV
  • Options
    ComeToTX wrote:

Nice.

I actually have to go to Orange County, CA again this weekend...

my fiance was organizing a party at the house saturday night...

when I told her I had to go to Cali again for work, she yelled at me: "I've been organizing this party for a month... I'm gonna cancel it. You need to be there. If this were your Pearl Jam weekend, you'd tell them you're not going"

.... I silently thought to myself "Bloody right I'd tell them I'm not going".... :lol:

Has there been any motion to tag all the cars driving from Dallas to OKC on Saturday morning with something? So that we can all identify who's taking part in the PJ Gumball rally and see who wins?
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    RFTCRFTC Posts: 723
    is it really 10 days till the gig? i am splitting around 12 from h-town, will roll into hotel for check in then search for the party.

re. the rally from dfw to okc, get a pj sticker or 20 on your vehicle, this is going to be fun.
    San Diego Sports Arena - Oct 25, 2000
    MGM Grand - Jul 6, 2006
    Cox Arena - Jul 7, 2006
    New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival - May 1, 2010
    Alpine Valley Music Theater - Sep 3-4 2011
    Made In America, Philly - Sep 2, 2012
    EV, Houston - Nov 12-13, 2012
    Dallas-November 2013
    OKC-November 2013
    ACL 2-October 2014
    Fenway Night 1, August 2016
    Wrigley, Night 1 August 2018
    Fort Worth, Night 1 September 2023
    Fort Worth, Night 2 September 2023
    Austin, Night 1 September 2023
    Austin, Night 2 September 2023
  • Options
    its just gishits just gish San Antonio, TX Posts: 880
    shep wrote:
    ComeToTX wrote:

Nice.

I actually have to go to Orange County, CA again this weekend...

my fiance was organizing a party at the house saturday night...

when I told her I had to go to Cali again for work, she yelled at me: "I've been organizing this party for a month... I'm gonna cancel it. You need to be there. If this were your Pearl Jam weekend, you'd tell them you're not going"

.... I silently thought to myself "Bloody right I'd tell them I'm not going".... :lol:

Has there been any motion to tag all the cars driving from Dallas to OKC on Saturday morning with something? So that we can all identify who's taking part in the PJ Gumball rally and see who wins?

Hmm..
  • Options
    RFTC wrote:
    is it really 10 days till the gig? i am splitting around 12 from h-town, will roll into hotel for check in then search for the party.

re. the rally from dfw to okc, get a pj sticker or 20 on your vehicle, this is going to be fun.

The only sticker on my car (and it's not really a sticker, it's a sticker stuck to a magnet sheet so that I can take it off) is one of the 10C 2013 member stickers....

Any interest in sharing a bottle or two somewhere the weekend? I have been to Orange county twice in the last 2 weeks.... I raided every bottle shop in the greater Orange area for The Bruery stuff... I will actually be picking up 2 bottles of Black Tuesday this Thursday night when I go back...

the hype better be worth it.
  • Options
    TP80932TP80932 Flagstaff, AZ Posts: 45
    i'm flying in to DFW late on Thursday night next week. I was originally going to get in Friday morning, but got nervous in case it got delayed or whatever, so I changed it.

sooooo, any good breakfast places in dallas? I've got a lot of hours to kill before the show.
    I still can't figure out how to change my username...
  • Options
    RFTCRFTC Posts: 723
    shep wrote:
    RFTC wrote:

The only sticker on my car (and it's not really a sticker, it's a sticker stuck to a magnet sheet so that I can take it off) is one of the 10C 2013 member stickers....

Any interest in sharing a bottle or two somewhere the weekend? I have been to Orange county twice in the last 2 weeks.... I raided every bottle shop in the greater Orange area for The Bruery stuff... I will actually be picking up 2 bottles of Black Tuesday this Thursday night when I go back...

the hype better be worth it.

absolutely shep, the bruery is very good imo, the really hard to find stuff is from alpine, if you spot a bottle, snag it. i might have some surly shipped in this week and will bring that up, other than that, it will be texas brews, which i wish i bought more pumpkinator, what a great beer that is.
    San Diego Sports Arena - Oct 25, 2000
    MGM Grand - Jul 6, 2006
    Cox Arena - Jul 7, 2006
    New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival - May 1, 2010
    Alpine Valley Music Theater - Sep 3-4 2011
    Made In America, Philly - Sep 2, 2012
    EV, Houston - Nov 12-13, 2012
    Dallas-November 2013
    OKC-November 2013
    ACL 2-October 2014
    Fenway Night 1, August 2016
    Wrigley, Night 1 August 2018
    Fort Worth, Night 1 September 2023
    Fort Worth, Night 2 September 2023
    Austin, Night 1 September 2023
    Austin, Night 2 September 2023
  • Options
    TP80932 wrote:
    i'm flying in to DFW late on Thursday night next week. I was originally going to get in Friday morning, but got nervous in case it got delayed or whatever, so I changed it.

sooooo, any good breakfast places in dallas? I've got a lot of hours to kill before the show.

Not sure where you are staying, but here are a couple of places in the downtown area. I've been to all but Ellen's.

Breadwinners http://www.breadwinnerscafe.com/ (Uptown location)

Allgood Cafe in Deep Ellum http://www.allgoodcafe.com/

Cafe Brazil in Deep Ellum http://cafebrazil.com/2011/07/cafe-braz ... eep-ellum/

Ellen's Southern Kitchen http://www.ellenssouthernkitchen.com/