Options

Dallas 11/15 Roll Call

Comments

• Options
    Ready to rock. Hard.
  • Options
    KimmiebyromKimmiebyrom Posts: 1,832
    shep wrote:
    Has there been any motion to tag all the cars driving from Dallas to OKC on Saturday morning with something? So that we can all identify who's taking part in the PJ Gumball rally and see who wins?

Motion seconded! Let's do it!
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873
    I am coming to Dallas

need a ticket and if anyone is cancelling a hotel near the venue please consider transferring it to me

thanks!!
  • Options
    My friend and I will be flying from Nashville to Dallas and are going to the Dallas and OKC shows. Anyone want to give us a lift from Dallas to OKC? Will split gas and throw in a few beers! One way rentals are expensive and we're trying to avoid going that route!

Bump!

just want to let everyone know that if you're doing a 1 way rental to try renting from the downtown Hertz location

I looked into a one way from DFW to OKC and it was 200ish... by picking up the car downtown it dropped under $90

not sure if it's still available but it's an option
  • Options
    drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    shep wrote:
    Has there been any motion to tag all the cars driving from Dallas to OKC on Saturday morning with something? So that we can all identify who's taking part in the PJ Gumball rally and see who wins?

This is a fun idea. :)
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,652
    drivingrl wrote:
    shep wrote:

Well, it sounds like it's a plan....

so how you wanna tag cars? (suggested method should be non-permanent in nature)

I was thinking find your biggest PJ sticker and slap it on the ass-end of your car? (would suggest going to the nearest michael's and picking up a sheet of magnet paper and sticking it on that, then slapping in on your car)...

open to other suggestions?

Also - official departure time? I'm thinking not before 9 am (to accommodate those of us who will be drinking the night before ;) )
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    Hi friends! I booked my airfare but have no tickets (never did this before, I suspect it's a new level of ever increasing maniacal fanship). I am ISO either 2 tickets seated or 1 ticket GA for the Dallas show. It's a homecoming show for me, a friend's first time, and will be bittersweet for a handful of reasons... I must get in!

Thanks!
    Amy
  • Options
    My friend and I will be flying from Nashville to Dallas and are going to the Dallas and OKC shows. Anyone want to give us a lift from Dallas to OKC? Will split gas and throw in a few beers! One way rentals are expensive and we're trying to avoid going that route!

Bump!

just want to let everyone know that if you're doing a 1 way rental to try renting from the downtown Hertz location

I looked into a one way from DFW to OKC and it was 200ish... by picking up the car downtown it dropped under $90

not sure if it's still available but it's an option

Wow! I am glad that I could book my one way rental with work discount. Feeling grateful I only have to pay around $60 a day. I don't think I realized how good a deal that was. Thanks be to job perks.
    Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see
  • Options
    its just gishits just gish San Antonio, TX Posts: 880
    shep wrote:
    drivingrl wrote:

I was thinking find your biggest PJ sticker and slap it on the ass-end of your car? (would suggest going to the nearest michael's and picking up a sheet of magnet paper and sticking it on that, then slapping in on your car)...

Also - official departure time? I'm thinking not before 9 am (to accommodate those of us who will be drinking the night before ;) )

I've got stickman on my back windshield?
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,652
    shep wrote:

I've got stickman on my back windshield?

So should I start an " ******Official PJ Gumball Rally - Dallas to OKC***** " thread and require everyone participating to provide the make and model of their car... or can we just do it here?

Official Start time 9 am.... second place finisher gets to buy me a beer at the nearest establishment to the Hampton Inn OKC ;)

Black 2009 Mazda RX-8 - shep
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    Only going to the Dallas show, but how cool if you could get a convoy from Dallas to OKC and drive with the windows down and PJ blaring from the speakers? Ah...

SO excited for the Dallas show, my first time. It's going to be grand!

M. xx
  • Options
    TP80932TP80932 Flagstaff, AZ Posts: 45
    Better Dan wrote:
    TP80932 wrote:
    i'm flying in to DFW late on Thursday night next week. I was originally going to get in Friday morning, but got nervous in case it got delayed or whatever, so I changed it.

sooooo, any good breakfast places in dallas? I've got a lot of hours to kill before the show.

Not sure where you are staying, but here are a couple of places in the downtown area. I've been to all but Ellen's.

Breadwinners http://www.breadwinnerscafe.com/ (Uptown location)

Allgood Cafe in Deep Ellum http://www.allgoodcafe.com/

Cafe Brazil in Deep Ellum http://cafebrazil.com/2011/07/cafe-braz ... eep-ellum/

Ellen's Southern Kitchen http://www.ellenssouthernkitchen.com/

right on, thanks man!
    I still can't figure out how to change my username...
  • Options
    LoveBoatJoshLoveBoatJosh The 405 Posts: 20
    Live in OKC, and scored pit tix for home, but looking to possibly head down to Dallas for the Friday show night before. Anyone have two extra tix they are selling? :corn:

Thanks!
    4/3/03 Oklahoma City, OK
    5/3/10 Kansas City,.MO
    9/3/11 PJ20 Alpine Valley
    9/4/11 PJ20 Alpine Valley
    11/18/12 (EV) Tulsa, OK
    11/19/12 (EV) Tulsa, OK
    7/19/13 Chicago Wrigley Field
    11/16/13 Oklahoma City, OK
    10/5/14 Austin City Limits
    10/8/14 Tulsa, OK
  • Options
    anyone considered doing the oklahoma sooners game??

too much??

i realize the time is TBD... but that would be a sweet little saturday
  • Options
    themessengerthemessenger Dallas Posts: 1,320
    anyone considered doing the oklahoma sooners game??

too much??

i realize the time is TBD... but that would be a sweet little saturday

My gf is an OU grad, so we'll be stopping in Norman for a few hours for lunch and hopefully see the campus and tailgate some. Their game is against Iowa State, who is abysmal, so it might be an early 11 or noon game.
  • Options
    LoveBoatJoshLoveBoatJosh The 405 Posts: 20
    Just FYI, OU vs. Iowa St. is 11am kickoff... :)

#BoomerSooner
    4/3/03 Oklahoma City, OK
    5/3/10 Kansas City,.MO
    9/3/11 PJ20 Alpine Valley
    9/4/11 PJ20 Alpine Valley
    11/18/12 (EV) Tulsa, OK
    11/19/12 (EV) Tulsa, OK
    7/19/13 Chicago Wrigley Field
    11/16/13 Oklahoma City, OK
    10/5/14 Austin City Limits
    10/8/14 Tulsa, OK
  • Options
    If you're interested in a Dallas reserve ticket, please pm me. All I ask in return is meeting cool PJ fans, having a great time at pre-parties, someone to enjoy the concert with, and transportation. Figure this is worth a try.
    I just want to say uhmmm, 1, 2, 3...
  • Options
    Interested in seeing how many fans will be at the Gaylodre Texan resort? Enough fans there maybe a shuttle or car service can be arranged?
  • Options
    [/quote]
    Better Dan wrote:
    Better Dan wrote:
    Preparty Location:

House of Blues Dallas
    Foundation Room
    White Swan Building
    2200 N. Lamar Street
    Dallas, TX 75202

Time: Friday November 15th (3:00 - 6:00 PM)

Cover band Pearl Gem will be performing.

It will be a fun time!! Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

I was thinking pre-preparty at the Katy Trail Ice House. They probably have the best patio in that part of Dallas, so it's a cool spot assuming the weather is nice. http://katyicehouse.com/index.html

cool beans!

It's right on the Katy Trail, and we can walk to the AAC and HoB area in about a 10 minutes.

Sounds great! Anyone getting into town on Thursday planning anything?
    I am mine.
  • Options
    drivingrl wrote:
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat! I can't wait for this show, you guys! :D

I am so ready!!
    I am mine.
  • Options
    carmenere wrote:

Hey guys!! I am Leslie...good to know we can meet new friends through PJ. We surely will have a great trip to OKC

Hi Leslie! We are looking forward to it. :) Thanks for the generosity!

You are very welcome...you guys can text us while in Dallas..we will be heading to downtown area around 11 in search of brunch. Cheers!!
    I am mine.
  • Options
    TP80932 wrote:
    i'm flying in to DFW late on Thursday night next week. I was originally going to get in Friday morning, but got nervous in case it got delayed or whatever, so I changed it.

sooooo, any good breakfast places in dallas? I've got a lot of hours to kill before the show.

My friend and I are heading to downtown area around 11ish..for brunch..let us know if you want to join us. Cheers!
    I am mine.
  • Options
    TP80932 wrote:
    Better Dan wrote:
    TP80932 wrote:

Not sure where you are staying, but here are a couple of places in the downtown area. I've been to all but Ellen's.

Breadwinners http://www.breadwinnerscafe.com/ (Uptown location)

Allgood Cafe in Deep Ellum http://www.allgoodcafe.com/

Cafe Brazil in Deep Ellum http://cafebrazil.com/2011/07/cafe-braz ... eep-ellum/

Ellen's Southern Kitchen http://www.ellenssouthernkitchen.com/

right on, thanks man!

Definitely Cafe Brazil in Deep Ellum
    I am mine.
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    Is anybody else riding the TRE from Ft. Worth? We can't leave early enough to make the pre-party but it would be nice to meet some folks on the train.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options

#BoomerSooner

Is this official? All I see is TBD but you may have some inside info being from the area. I wanted to check out a game if it was an early one.
  • Options
    shpride wrote:

#BoomerSooner

Is this official? All I see is TBD but you may have some inside info being from the area. I wanted to check out a game if it was an early one.

can we get a big group of us? how far is the game from OKC?
  • Options
    themessengerthemessenger Dallas Posts: 1,320
    shpride wrote:

#BoomerSooner

can we get a big group of us? how far is the game from OKC?

It's probably a 30 minute trip from Norman to OKC. Tickets start about $43 on stubhub. You'd have to leave Dallas pretty early though. It's about 200 miles or 3 hours to Norman, so if the game is at 11 am, you'd have to be out of Dallas at around 7 am.

http://www.stubhub.com/ou-football-tick ... 3-4183278/
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Wish I could party with you guys in Dallas, but I'm beyond stoked that the Dallas crew is coming to the NW!! See you guys soon!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    its just gishits just gish San Antonio, TX Posts: 880
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Wish I could party with you guys in Dallas, but I'm beyond stoked that the Dallas crew is coming to the NW!! See you guys soon!

I'm gonna end up with behind the stage stubhub for Seattle. I didn't realize how many were going until I posted that status.
  • Options
    It's probably a 30 minute trip from Norman to OKC. Tickets start about $43 on stubhub. You'd have to leave Dallas pretty early though. It's about 200 miles or 3 hours to Norman, so if the game is at 11 am, you'd have to be out of Dallas at around 7 am.

http://www.stubhub.com/ou-football-tick ... 3-4183278/

ugh... i forgot the 3 hours away piece ;)

and it's not the game so much as the tailgate that i'd like to experience

oh well

thanks for the info