Options

MOTHER..... FUCKING......... HARTFORD

Comments

• Options
    calvo17calvo17 Posts: 440
    smanchac1 wrote:
    calvo17 wrote:
    Hello,
    I will be coming from abroad to the show and will be staying at the Ramada Plaza, located at 50 Morgan Street. By looking at Google maps it doesn’t seem that far from the venue and I was planning to come back to the hotel walking after the show. I would appreciate any advice from the locals, as far as how safe that would be… thanks in advance!

Have you checked the Hilton? It's connected to the venue... No worries that way! Plus a big party I'm sure!

Yes, but it's out of my budget unfortunately!!
    If I knew where it was, I would take you there.
    11/20/11 San Jose, Costa Rica
    10/18/13 Brooklyn 1
    10/19/13 Brooklyn 2
    10/21/13 Philly 1
    10/22/13 Philly 2 (BREATH!!)
    10/25/13 Hartford
    10/22/14 Denver (BREATH!!!)
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    smanchac1 wrote:
    calvo17 wrote:
    Hello,
    I will be coming from abroad to the show and will be staying at the Ramada Plaza, located at 50 Morgan Street. By looking at Google maps it doesn’t seem that far from the venue and I was planning to come back to the hotel walking after the show. I would appreciate any advice from the locals, as far as how safe that would be… thanks in advance!

Have you checked the Hilton? It's connected to the venue... No worries that way! Plus a big party I'm sure!

for shits and giggles I checked it out
    and they said no rooms available.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    53 days
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    solat72 will be there

2 Brooklyn
    2 Philly
    Hartford
    Woosta
    Hold On
  • Options
    52 days
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    everytime i drive past Hartford (4 days a week) i think...October cant get here fast enough!
    Shoes...Shoes for my friends!
  • Options
    everytime i drive past Hartford (4 days a week) i think...October cant get here fast enough!
    :D :thumbup: Now that we're in September, I'm getting extra excited about the show!
  • Options
    51 days
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    Newch91 wrote:
    51 days

Yeah. It's officially "on" now.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    [b]Hello all! Thanks to all who have started this thread...it took Matt and I a bit to get this going with all the planning...I didn't see this thread and posted another one it is on the board as well! We can have 2!

Here is the info below...We are looking for volunteers to help the day of! Contact us at our email below if you are willing to volunteer or donate an item!

[/b]

We are still working out the finer details to help ROCK these fundraisers. In the meantime we invite you to RSVP, volunteer, and donate!

Pre-Party Event Info: 21+ event
    Date: Friday October 25th
    Time: 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
    Location: Pig's Eye Pub 356 Asylum St, Hartford CT 06103 (860) 278-4747
    Venue Website: http://pigseyepub.com/

******There is NO cover. Because this venue is a bar- this party will be open to attendees who are 21 years of age or older.

Facebook Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/145258022342292/

Beneficiary:
    Team Hardcore, of FIRST DESCENTS... http://tfd.firstdescents.org/site/TR?te ... 40&pg=team

This is an amazing cause, in honor of Worcester native, Kristen Schraven Mawn. First Descents (FD) offers young adult cancer fighters and survivors a free outdoor adventure experience designed to empower them to climb, paddle, and surf beyond their diagnoses, defy their cancers, reclaim their lives, and connect with others doing the same. Kristen participated in one such adventure with FD in June of 2012, when she was considered “cancer free”, after vigorously battling breast cancer with rounds of chemo, surgery, and radiation. In the Outer Banks of North Carolina she learned much more than just how to surf... she chose the nickname “Hardcore” there, and returned feeling renewed and looking forward to the future. Tragically, two months later she discovered that the cancer cells had metastasized to her lungs, and though she fought it bravely until the end of her treatment, Kristen passed away on March 16th, 2013. "Team Hardcore" was developed to sponsor FD camps in Kristen's honor, specifically the 2013 surf camp in Santa Barbara (where Kristen had planned to go next), and also a NEW camp in North Conway, NH (hopefully to be established in 2014). The team's mission is to have an impact in the lives of other young adults with cancer by helping them realize the FD motto, to be “Out Living It.”

Organizers:
    Matt F
    funnygirl (Lani)

* We are looking for auction and raffle item donations, as well as event volunteers. Your generosity is appreciated! :D

TO VOLUNTEER
    We are always in need of volunteers to help run the fundraisers – no experience necessary! It’s a great way to directly meet new Pearl Jam fans and help out worthy organizations. If you’re interested in becoming a volunteer, please send an email to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:worcester@wishlistfoundation.org">worcester@wishlistfoundation.org</a><!-- e --> and include your full name, email address, phone and what fundraisers you are interested in volunteering at. All volunteers are required to read and sign off on our Guide to Organizing.

TO DONATE
    If you have official t-shirts, posters, stickers or any other cool Pearl Jam or side project merchandise memorabilia, music/pop culture related items, gift cards, original art or anything else you would like to donate to a preparty fundraiser, please send an email to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:worcester@wishlistfoundation.org">worcester@wishlistfoundation.org</a><!-- e -->. So we can promote your item in advance and provide you with a tax receipt, please include the following info in your email...

Full Name:
    Address:
    Email Address:
    Phone:
    Donated item(s):
    City/Fundraiser (which night) for donation:
    Are you shipping beforehand or bringing it day of?

* No bootlegs or items that violate any trademark or copyrights, please.

Raffle Ticket Donations:
    3 tickets for $5
    8 tickets for $10

Wishlist Fundraiser Gift Items (for Monetary Donations):
    ·T-shirts
    ·Wristbands
    ·Stadium cups
    ·Stickers
    ·Keychains
    ·Mousepads
    ·Wishlist art prints
    ·Ticket albums
    ·Other stuff

Questions?
    Email: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:hartford@wishlistfoundation.org">hartford@wishlistfoundation.org</a><!-- e -->
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,847
    calvo17 wrote:
    Hello,

I'm in the Ramada as well, I'm sure there are a lot more as well.
  • Options
    it's gonna be on in Hartford!!!

looking forward to meeting some long time people from the area i once knew. :mrgreen:
    "Music's at its best when it has a purpose." EV
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Post edited by Bathgate66 on
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    eddiec wrote:
    calvo17 wrote:
    Hello,

the downtown or east hartford location ?
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    eddiec wrote:
    calvo17 wrote:
    Hello,

Cool! See u there!!
    10/18/13 Brooklyn 1
    10/19/13 Brooklyn 2
    10/21/13 Philly 1
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    marjenmarjen CT Posts: 805
    I will be there. Can't wait.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I can guarantee all that Dave Chappelle will not be attending.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    oysterjaroysterjar NH Posts: 1,235
    I can guarantee all that Dave Chappelle will not be attending.

Well played :lol: :fp:

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    calvo17 wrote:
    eddiec wrote:
    calvo17 wrote:
    Hello,

Cool! See u there!!

Its not far at all and very safe...there will be lots of other PJ peeps around..No worries! Have fun! We look forward to seeing you there!
  • Options
    ragejoeragejoe Agawam Mass Posts: 1,413
    I will be coming from abroad to the show and will be staying at the Ramada Plaza, located at 50 Morgan Street. By looking at Google maps it doesn’t seem that far from the venue and I was planning to come back to the hotel walking after the show. I would appreciate any advice from the locals, as far as how safe that would be… thanks in advance![/quote]

Its not far at all and very safe...there will be lots of other PJ peeps around..No worries! Have fun! We look forward to seeing you there![/quote][/quote]

Exactly what she said... we all be right around there so if your feeling lost or need anything, you just let us know... we will show you a good time! Thanks for coming. It will be an incredible show and we will show you a good time drinkin at the bar before the show!!!!!! You wont forget Hartford after 10-25 haha
    1998 Tour- Hartford 9/13
    2000 Tour- Saratoga 8/27 Boston 8/29, 8/30
    2003 Tour- Albany 4/29 Boston 7/2,7/3,7/11 Philadelphia 7/5,7/6 MSG 7/8,7/9
    2004 Tour-
    Boston 9/28,9/29
    2006 Tour-
    Albany 5/12 Hartford 5/13 Boston 5/24,5/25
    2008 Tour-
    MSG 6/24,6/25 Hartford 6/27 Boston 6/28,6/30 Eddie- Boston 8/1
    2009 Tour-
    Eddie- Albany 6/9 Philly Spectrum- 10/30, 10/31
    2010 Tour-
    Hartford 5/15 MSG 5/20,5/21
    2011 Tour-
    Eddie- Hartford 6/18
    2013 Tour- Worcester,MA 10/15,10/16 Hartford 10/25
    2016 Tour- MSG 5/1,5/2 FENWAY 8/5,8/7
    2018 Tour- Fenway 9/2, 9/4 (My 40th show)!
  • Options

DUDE< thats awesome, I was thinking that this morning... I live in Mass but work downtown Hartford I drive there every day and just Anticpate the electricity in the city that there will be on PJ day... Its gonna awesome! Ill be at the bar by lunch!
    1998 Tour- Hartford 9/13
    2004 Tour-
    Boston 9/28,9/29
    2006 Tour-
    2008 Tour-
    2009 Tour-
    2010 Tour-
    2011 Tour-
    Eddie- Hartford 6/18
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,500
    Franklin Ave bump
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    eddiec wrote:
    calvo17 wrote:
    Hello,

the downtown or east hartford location ?
    :lol: you know damn well someone made that error and when they head out on their walk they will get quite the surprise.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    The weather the last few days has been perfect. Can't wait for this show
  • Options
    For anyone who has a long commute to Hartford for the show... I work downtown and it took me 2 hours to get home from work Friday night due to an accident on 91 and an accident on the backroads... So if you have a commute of a couple hours i would suggest leaving EARLY AFTERNOON... If you leave at 4 or 5 and you strike the badluck of an accident... it could very easily RUIN any preparty plans you had Just wanted to give everyone a warning

39 days till my first show of tour ( worcester) !!!!
    1998 Tour- Hartford 9/13
    2004 Tour-
    Boston 9/28,9/29
    2006 Tour-
    2008 Tour-
    2009 Tour-
    2010 Tour-
    2011 Tour-
    Eddie- Hartford 6/18
  • Options
    brett15lightyearsbrett15lightyears Bear, DE Posts: 69
    well it looks like were all here and accounted for ....
    In Pearl Jam we TRUST!
  • Options
    ragejoe wrote:

Its not far at all and very safe...there will be lots of other PJ peeps around..No worries! Have fun! We look forward to seeing you there![/quote][/quote]

Exactly what she said... we all be right around there so if your feeling lost or need anything, you just let us know... we will show you a good time! Thanks for coming. It will be an incredible show and we will show you a good time drinkin at the bar before the show!!!!!! You wont forget Hartford after 10-25 haha[/quote]

Thank you both, I have received great advice from several people already, on this thread, and I'm sure this is going to be an unforgettable experience. Thank you, I look forward to enjoying this show with you all!!!
    10/18/13 Brooklyn 1
    10/19/13 Brooklyn 2
    10/21/13 Philly 1
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    HAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRTFOOOOOOOOOORD
  • Options
    This tour stop has become my fav to attend out of all the east coast & yeah that includes NY,BOSTON,PHILLY :P bump it ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    cfbd68cfbd68 Posts: 228
    This tour stop has become my fav to attend out of all the east coast & yeah that includes NY,BOSTON,PHILLY :P bump it ....

And it'll be on a FRIDAY BITCHES :mrgreen: .

I'll be at the 2 NY & 2 Philly shows too 8-) .
    Seems that needlessly it's getting harder, to find an approach and a way to live
    Constant Recoil..Sometimes life, Don't leave you alone
    When the anxious is the present, unwrap your gifts, take your time