The Basement Project

13»

Comments

• afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    We may have added a "few" more books to our collection over the weekend... :shifty: :fp:
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    Looks awesome you guys!!!
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • jbarbianjbarbian Posts: 991
    The bookcase looks beautiful!!!
    Looks awesome you guys!!!
    jbarbian wrote:
    The bookcase looks beautiful!!!

Thanks guys!! :mrgreen:
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    nice wood!

:mrgreen:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    nice wood!

We only have the finest wood in our household... :D :corn:
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    afroannnie wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    nice wood!

We only have the finest wood in our household... :D :corn:

my wood is jealous :lol:
    Ok, guys! We need some help...and we thought we would ask you for your ideas/opinions :D

Kw is building a cabinet for our dart board and we need some suggestions for what we should paint on the cover. Of course, we'd like it to be Pearl Jam related...some ideas we've toss around are the No Code symbol (circle/triangle), the stickman, or a simple PJ stencil...

All ideas welcomed! :mrgreen:
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,316
    afroannnie wrote:
    Ok, guys! We need some help...and we thought we would ask you for your ideas/opinions :D

Kw is building a cabinet for our dart board and we need some suggestions for what we should paint on the cover. Of course, we'd like it to be Pearl Jam related...some ideas we've toss around are the No Code symbol (circle/triangle), the stickman, or a simple PJ stencil...

Not sure if you are also fans of The Who, but you could use the red, white and blue target logo that the band uses. Or you could us the modified EV version of the Who target logo (red, white and blue target with EV in the middle). I think some for of target on the outside of a dartboard cabinet wold be cool.

BTW - the basement looks great.
    PJ-Cubs wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

Not sure if you are also fans of The Who, but you could use the red, white and blue target logo that the band uses. Or you could us the modified EV version of the Who target logo (red, white and blue target with EV in the middle). I think some for of target on the outside of a dartboard cabinet wold be cool.

Thanks for the idea! We definitely like the Who...and the target would be cool since it's a dart board... :think: We'll have to add this one to the list of possibilities... :)
  • PJ-Cubs wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

Yep, I vote either this or the No Code circle (although that seems detailed as hell and could be pretty hard to pull off
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    PJ-Cubs wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

Yep, I vote either this or the No Code circle (although that seems detailed as hell and could be pretty hard to pull off

The No Code one I was thinking of was the same as this:

Disc%2B4.jpg

Relatively simple, although I'm not sure how hot it'll look on a cabinet. Maybe? I might take some of these ideas and do a mockup -- thanks, and keep 'em coming! :)
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    2112k0jaDgL.jpg

I'm getting a basement in a week!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    2112k0jaDgL.jpg

I'm getting a basement in a week!

YAY! Are you going to do a PJ Basement, too?
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
    Here are a few mockups of what the dartboard could look like with a couple designs I grabbed from the web and cobbled together:

9546529163_b775bf8d0d_n.jpg

9546529641_83cd784f79_n.jpg

9549318432_ec464520dc_n.jpg

9549318566_234957a3ef_n.jpg

9549318644_213834f119_n.jpg

Which one do you like the best? Or is there another I'm missing that we should consider?

Thanks in advance for all your input!
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
    kw18 wrote:

YAY! Are you going to do a PJ Basement, too?

well, the basement has flooded before (during a big rainstorm) but not horrible, so I'm apprehensive in putting things down there that I value (though the current owner is storing his vinyl collection down there, so maybe I will keep mine down there too?). Not really as big as I hoped-maybe 400 sq ft- but after we take the chimney out, we might be able to dig out the rest of it, finish it, and then use it for extra living space...it's the kind with outside entry only, laundry is gonna suck this winter. :(
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    I like the surfboard and No Code dart boards. 8-)
    ELITIST FUK
    I like the Ramones/PJ logo that you're not supposed to make T-shirts from...:shifty:

- Christopher McCandless
    kw18 wrote:
    Here are a few mockups of what the dartboard could look like with a couple designs I grabbed from the web and cobbled together:

9546529163_b775bf8d0d_n.jpg

9549318432_ec464520dc_n.jpg

9549318566_234957a3ef_n.jpg

9549318644_213834f119_n.jpg

Which one do you like the best? Or is there another I'm missing that we should consider?

Thanks in advance for all your input!

I'm kind of leaning towards this one now... :think:

• rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    leaning towards the stickman design mainly because the background is black.
    rival. wrote:
    leaning towards the stickman design mainly because the background is black.

Yeah, that one really stands out for me, too.

No matter what design we pick, the cabinet will be painted. Just not sure on the color, as that will depend on what design we pick. All the colors in my mockups can be changed ...
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    They're all cool, but I like #2 and #3.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    It looks great!

I have started the brainstorming stage of finishing my own basement, which at this point, is a blank canvas. It is kind of overwhelming, I am DIY-ing most of it. I am not really putting any aggressive timetable on it. I have been setting up "goals" that are fairly conservative (with many, many sub-goals)... for example, I want my design completed by the New Year... Along with having researched everything I can about framing so that I can immediately start framing through the rest of the winter.
    Things are still slowly coming along! We've framed a bunch of our posters, and now we're starting to hang them. Here are a few examples.

Stairwell leading to the basement:
    10676020366_2eabf7b8fd.jpg
    10675978715_fd240c1f74.jpg

This is a small section of a massive wall that will end up having about six or seven framed posters on it in total:
    10676245723_636676d373.jpg

A little bit to the right of the PJ20 posters is our Wrigley flag:
    10676484343_49651cdb2a.jpg

We plan on professionally framing our Wrigley poster (Cracker Jack) and hang it to the left of the flag. To the right of the flag will be the dart board cabinet, which I still have to finish up. All the pieces are cut, I just have to sand it, paint it and assemble it.

Not everything in the basement will be strictly PJ-related. In addition to the Tres Mts. poster on the wall down the staircase, we have these posters hanging up next to our record player:
    10676221275_c1c89da8da.jpg
    10676485633_ecbb5eb311.jpg

Still more to do, but I feel we're making a lot of good progress! :D
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
    kw18 wrote:
    Things are still slowly coming along! We've framed a bunch of our posters, and now we're starting to hang them. Here are a few examples.

Stairwell leading to the basement:
    10676020366_2eabf7b8fd.jpg
    10675978715_fd240c1f74.jpg

This is a small section of a massive wall that will end up having about six or seven framed posters on it in total:
    10676245723_636676d373.jpg

A little bit to the right of the PJ20 posters is our Wrigley flag:
    10676484343_49651cdb2a.jpg

We plan on professionally framing our Wrigley poster (Cracker Jack) and hang it to the left of the flag. To the right of the flag will be the dart board cabinet, which I still have to finish up. All the pieces are cut, I just have to sand it, paint it and assemble it.

Not everything in the basement will be strictly PJ-related. In addition to the Tres Mts. poster on the wall down the staircase, we have these posters hanging up next to our record player:
    10676221275_c1c89da8da.jpg
    10676485633_ecbb5eb311.jpg

Still more to do, but I feel we're making a lot of good progress! :D

So excited that we're beautifying our basement with so many cool posters :D I can't wait until we have them all up! :D