Unwritten Rules

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:
    I never understood the concept of automatically walking someone, like back in the day, :lol: Ryan Howard, just because you don’t want “that guy” to be the one to beat you. Well, if you walk him, you’re just increasing the scoring opportunity for that same team.

Barry Bonds....120 times in 2004

would you rather face a guy hitting 360 with big time power with 2 on and 2 out, or the next guy that is hitting 275 with less power and a higher strike out ratio

that said, i would not walk him with the bases loaded, although that happened a few times

No one has a higher strike out ratio than Ryan Howard :lol::lol: (actually I have no clue, just had to say it)

Bonds was the first one I thought of. But there is NO guarantee he's going to beat you, so I don't get it being automatic

I understand the odds, but it's still not a guarantee

i hear ya, but if given the choice of faceing one of the most dangerous hitters ever in his prime, vs. a avg hitter, i'd pocket the differnce in averages and face the weaker guy in a game winning situation.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    was thinking this had to do with consequences of forum behaviors... :roll:
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    I say do whatever it take to get a hit, all the time.

I dont even agree with lightening up when there's a blow-out. play hard all the time I say, and when you're on fire, take advantage. Embarrass the other team, I dont care.
    I totally agree. When those Canadian and US hockey teams catch shit for crushing some horrible team 25 - 2, I get pissed off. Athletes should be playing their best ALL the time, especially during big tournaments or series. If the opponents are so pathetic that they get humiliated, that's their problem.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Never bang your best friends mom
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    LloydXmas wrote:

Or your mom's best friend. :P
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,423
    LloydXmas wrote:

what about your best friend's sister?

or your sister's best friend?

unwritten rule - never admit you like the song Last Kiss
    pjhawks wrote:
    LloydXmas wrote:

:think:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    pjhawks wrote:
    LloydXmas wrote:

unwritten rule - never admit you like the song Last Kiss
    Or "Every Rose Has Its Thorn" :P
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,798
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Barry Bonds....120 times in 2004

would you rather face a guy hitting 360 with big time power with 2 on and 2 out, or the next guy that is hitting 275 with less power and a higher strike out ratio

that said, i would not walk him with the bases loaded, although that happened a few times

No one has a higher strike out ratio than Ryan Howard :lol::lol: (actually I have no clue, just had to say it)

Bonds was the first one I thought of. But there is NO guarantee he's going to beat you, so I don't get it being automatic

I understand the odds, but it's still not a guarantee

i hear ya, but if given the choice of faceing one of the most dangerous hitters ever in his juiced up prime*, vs. a avg hitter, i'd pocket the differnce in averages and face the weaker guy in a game winning situation.
    fixed that up for ya.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Posts: 3,365
    LloydXmas wrote:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQn6hdDWzlFFaWUDu-q2eda02VMLjq6VSbvr1sVt2qWbPNKGPrz
    I lost a bet...
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,798
    LloydXmas wrote:
    fuck him, I never REALLY liked him anyway!!!! :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • 81 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

:think:

:lol:

Me too on this one. Hey, I was 21!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    wipe the seat after you piss on it.

said no one at my job. fucking pigs. :fp:
  • If buying groceries, only buy what you can carry in on 1 trip from the car to the house.
  • donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    If buying groceries, only buy what you can carry in on 1 trip from the car to the house.

How many trips to the store do you make a week??? :)
    donnaruhl wrote:
    If buying groceries, only buy what you can carry in on 1 trip from the car to the house.

just gonna say...pretty odd rule.

oops...sorry...you only get TP this week.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    donnaruhl wrote:

How much TP do you use in a week?? :shock: :lol:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

roll or two or three...i dunno

but when you buy

1001029_037000123972_A_400.jpg

and this

bounty-paper-towel-coupons.jpg

well...my hands get full
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • donnaruhl wrote:

:D
    I actually am the "cook" in the house and it is one of the things I love to do....so I go almost every day. Fresh for dinner almost all of the time. The picture below is not me but it could be.
    Man-Carrying-Bags-Yorkie.jpg
    That, however, does not apply to Home Depot, the Liquor Store or other places I might go.
  • PJ_Soul wrote:
    81 wrote:
    donnaruhl wrote:

Wife buys TP and other shit like that from Costco, where I do not go unless I am buying booze or electronics.
    ;)
    the Liquor Store

what if you buy beer at the grocery store? are you allowed to make a second trip for that stuff :corn:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    the Liquor Store

what if you buy beer at the grocery store? are you allowed to make a second trip for that stuff :corn:

Believe it or not but they dont sell beer at the frigging grocery store in NJ. Huge shock from when I moved here last year.
    Yes, I break rules with a disconcerting regularity when it comes to booze! :lol:
  • Here is an easier one:

In a line of urinals dont take the one next to someone if you can leave an open/unused urinal in between.
    &
    Don't touch me while I am taking a leak. I have one friend who thinks this is funny. I do not.
    Don't touch me while I am taking a leak. I have one friend who thinks this is funny. I do not.

they woudl end up with piss on their shoes
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    enhanced-buzz-28806-1369339391-17.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:

they woudl end up with piss on their shoes

:lol:
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    don't piss me off
    Just wanted too inform you of a new rule......

Carrt on
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Never use the middle urinal of three, if one of the end units is in use.
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    Never use the middle urinal of three, if one of the end units is in use.

I like to walk back and forth and piss in all three :P
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)