Options

Under the Dome

124»

Comments

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    We're still watching....it's ok. But the book is fucking awesome.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    GivenToLukinKPGivenToLukinKP Chicago Posts: 3,075
    mfc2006 wrote:
    We're still watching....it's ok. But the book is fucking awesome.

We've been watching it...letting the DVR gather up 2 or 3 episodes at a time, then we watch them all in a row. We have discussed reading the book together after the mini-series is over-- good to hear the book was awesome cuz the show has really lost steam with me!
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    Yeah, I liked the book a great deal.

Just try to wash your brain of this crap. The series is terribly cast as well. Other than maybe Barbie, they missed the mark by miles on almost everyone

Big Jim Rennie is definitely more John Goodman.
  • Options
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Yeah, I liked the book a great deal.

Just try to wash your brain of this crap. The series is terribly cast as well. Other than maybe Barbie, they missed the mark by miles on almost everyone

Big Jim Rennie is definitely more John Goodman.

Agreed. Tons of characters that are in the show, aren't in the book. And tons of characters that were in the book, aren't in the show. :crazy: And nothing after the 2nd episode actually happened in the book. Im not sure how you could read the book after watching the series without having it in your mind... maybe a few years down the road when its all forgotten. Its wierd to do it that way, because the picture has already been painted for you, rather than letting your mind paint its own picture based off the author's words alone.

I thought Dean Norris as Jim Rennie had great potential. But they softened up his character in the show so much, its just not working out as well as I had thought. Now if they'd just stick to the script... :x

And, we're on day 8 now on the show, with a second season coming up and no end in sight... The book only covered the course of a week.
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    Without trying to see a lot of spoilers in this thread...just a question: Is this show good enough for me to download from my on-demand? I don't want to go through the whole process of the downloading the series if it isn't living up to expectations.

Yes? No? Give me some advice.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    Omg, finally got around to watching this week's episode, I might be done with this series. I'm a huge Stephen King fan and trying to stick with this but the show is just so bad at this point. You've got bad acting, feels the writer's have no clue where the story is going, the annoying "tension" music before every commercial break, no interesting story lines :fp:
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    Without trying to see a lot of spoilers in this thread...just a question: Is this show good enough for me to download from my on-demand? I don't want to go through the whole process of the downloading the series if it isn't living up to expectations.

PBM
    If you like train wrecks . . .
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    well..was kinda intresting the last scene
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747

PBM

No, no, and no! Awful show. Don't waste your time.
  • Options
    I havent watched 1 minute the past 2 weeks, and the 2 weeks before that I had in the background while I read a book.
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    Thanks for the heads up.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    when you think it can't possibly get any worse... :fp:
    why am i still watching?!?!?!

the last scene of the last episode... Junior went full Keanu.
    I was just waiting for him to drop a "whoa"
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options
    the last scene of the last episode... Junior went full Keanu.
    I was just waiting for him to drop a "whoa"
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    its boring..
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    its boring..
    :lol::lol::lol:

I don't know why this made me laugh because it's true! Every time I catch some of it there's a lot going on but none of it's interesting enough to make me want to watch.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    I think this came on late here on Monday for some reason and our DVR messed up and didn't record all of it. We decided it was a sign that we should just give up on this show, I'm out.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    Anyone make it to season 2?

I havent watched at all since the 4th or 5th episode?

Anyways, I love reading reviews to this day for each episode. It is great comedy, along with the comments which are 100% negative.

I cant believe they still have 7 million people with nothing to do at 9 or 10PM on Monday nights in the Summer who watch this.

I cant believe this "thing" made it to season 2
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I watched the 2 episodes of Season 2 because Mr. RK likes it. I keep pointing out continuity errors-I gotta keep it interesting for me somehow. ahahhahaha
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

I watched the 2 episodes of Season 2 because Mr. RK likes it. I keep pointing out continuity errors-I gotta keep it interesting for me somehow. ahahhahaha

lol
  • Options
    rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    I treat the show mostly as a comedy. Once you realize that, the show gets much better.
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    I cannot believe this show is still on. Even worse is that 7 million people watch it every week?!?! Crazy. I lasted 3-4 episodes last year and it was just too ridiculous to handle.

Too bad for Dean Norris to go from one of the best TV shows ever (breaking bad) to this nonsense...
  • Options
    Its getting worst every week
  • Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,413
    I'm losing interest in it as well. Does anyone watch the red head walk? She's got some sort of weird manly strut to her...it's disturbing once you notice it...
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.