Options

Tragically Hip Vinyl Reissues

13»

Comments

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,141
    edited May 2017
    CJ260717 said:
    I'm happy these are getting released.  I got the last three a few weeks ago and glad I got them.  But making these 2 LPs is starting to get me thinking it's time to boycott this trend. Screws up the flow.

But I will probably cave in....
    How else do deal with the fact CD's can hold up to 80 minutes but record's were only designed to hold a maximum of roughly 45 minutes?    90's albums were designed for the cd format which can hold up to 80 minutes.    Lot's of my original pressings from the 90s were on double lps because the cd's were too long.

Not much you can do if your album is 50 minutes+.  You need more space :(

I guess the hard one is when all they really need is 1.5 sides of a record to make it fit.  They either stretch the albums over all 4 sides to improve sound quality, or leave the 4th side blank.   I'm not sure which I prefer.    It seems kind of silly leaving half a record blank, but it's one less time you have to flip it.
    Post edited by Zod on
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533
    edited May 2017
    Zod said:
    CJ260717 said:
    I'm happy these are getting released.  I got the last three a few weeks ago and glad I got them.  But making these 2 LPs is starting to get me thinking it's time to boycott this trend. Screws up the flow.

But I will probably cave in....
    How else do deal with the fact CD's can hold up to 80 minutes but record's were only designed to hold a maximum of roughly 45 minutes?    90's albums were designed for the cd format which can hold up to 80 minutes.    Lot's of my original pressings from the 90s were on double lps because the cd's were too long.

Not much you can do if your album is 50 minutes+.  You need more space :(

I guess the hard one is when all they really need is 1.5 sides of a record to make it fit.  They either stretch the albums over all 4 sides to improve sound quality, or leave the 4th side blank.   I'm not sure which I prefer.    It seems kind of silly leaving half a record blank, but it's one less time you have to flip it.
    I LOVE it when they have the courtesy to have 3 sides instead of 4. I really don't understand why this isn't a lot more common, and it irritates me that it's not. I'm not sure why you would think having 1 side blank is silly....
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    I think it should have B sides/rarities on the fourth side. 
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    holy shit..... awesome. just made a missing vinyl list for the hip, pj, sg, and radiohead for future purchases.... i will put it on the fridge hehehe... pj and hip re-releases going to be expensive this summer... along with the next vault.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533
    RobbyD462 said:
    I think it should have B sides/rarities on the fourth side. 
    That would also be awesome.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Music at work, In violet light and Phantom power vinyl preorders are up on the hip website and amazonca.
  • Options
    willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298

Day for night getting another release.

One is silver vinyl and the other is a half speed master from Abbey Road studios.

https://shop.musicvaultz.com/*/*/Day-For-Night-2-LP-Anniversary-Half-Speed-Master/67K20000000

• Options
    LukinAtULukinAtU Posts: 694
    edited July 2019

Poster for Sale:  2017 Gord Downie RIP Feldman AP S/N (1 OF 60) $125.00 S/H/I within US/CAN.
    Post edited by LukinAtU on
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,231

Day for night getting another release.

One is silver vinyl and the other is a half speed master from Abbey Road studios.

https://shop.musicvaultz.com/*/*/Day-For-Night-2-LP-Anniversary-Half-Speed-Master/67K20000000

I wonder how many of the half speeds they actually have and if people will be refunded as theyve been sold out at the Hip store for awhile.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13