For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    It's a pretty good way to go though, for the dead person. Quick and no suffering. Very traumatic for the family, but maybe not as traumatic as watching your family member rot away in pain for weeks, months, or years, like most people do. :|

I'll give you that its better than watching a loved one live thru hell for an extended period. But, I'm guessing that for the affected one, when your heart stops working, its not without pain/suffering. Never had one though (wood, knocked on), so who knows. Hate to hear it happened to anyone...famous or not
    aqo2t.jpg
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    yeah, I haven't never seen an ep of Sopranos either. But I always planned to. Maybe this winter.

I'm actually kind of jealous that you're going to get to see it for the first time.
  • CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,256
    It's hit me to the core today. Listening to Journey, going to watch Season 1 of the Sopranos soon as the kids go down. Sad. Sad for a lot of people across this world. It's amazing how someone you've never met can give you that hole in your heart feeling when they pass. I hope the big man upstairs can provide us with understanding one day...
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Was shocked and devastated to hear the news.
    I am in the middle of watching The Sopranos on dvd, I only watched the first episode of season 4 the night before he died.
    I found out during my work lunch break when I hopped online to a news site, bummed out the rest of the day.
    Can't believe he's dead, one of my favourite actors ever. R.I.P. :cry:
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    I usually watch a few episodes each week.
    Haven't been able to watch one episode since. :(
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,511
    being part italian in my heritage I can proudly say, watching the Sopranos made me proud to be Italian. Family, food, togetherness. The language-gabbagool, mozarel.

agreed. i think my mom still uses that sopranos cook book i got her 10 years ago from time to time.

sunday dinners......i can't watch an episode of this show without getting hungry.

can't believe there are people who have not watched it yet.
    www.myspace.com
    being part italian in my heritage I can proudly say, watching the Sopranos made me proud to be Italian. Family, food, togetherness. The language-gabbagool, mozarel.

You Italian-Americans are different to Italian-Australians.
    Italians here don't say gabbagool and mozarel.....
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560

agreed. i think my mom still uses that sopranos cook book i got her 10 years ago from time to time.

sunday dinners......i can't watch an episode of this show without getting hungry.

can't believe there are people who have not watched it yet.
    :oops:

I miss the Wednesday night dinners and Sunday afternoon lunches we would have when my grandfather was alive. It's been 10 years and I still sometimes wonder what I'm going to have for dinner and lunch on those days. I was so accustomed to have pasta on those days.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful