Worst habit

13»

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    I always unconsciously swallow my gum.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I always unconsciously swallow my gum.
    One time when I was 12, I tried chewing tobacco, and I swallowed it! I was suck for DAYSSSSS!
  • donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    I still smoke,I throw out the F-Bomb too much. I talk to myself,
    Hell,I even answer myself. I'm basically my own best friend,and
    at times my own worst enemy. HOLY SHIT! there's more than one of me. :lol:
    donnaruhl wrote:
    I still smoke,I throw out the F-Bomb too much. I talk to myself,
    Hell,I even answer myself. I'm basically my own best friend,and
    at times my own worst enemy. HOLY SHIT! there's more than one of me. :lol:
    Lmao! I'm the same! Don't feel bad!!
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    duska3419 wrote:
    I'm physically incapable of getting anywhere on time, ever.
    Ugh!!!
    I am freakishly punctual - I hate people like you (it seems to me that almost EVERYONE is like you though, so no offense! :lol: ).

No offense taken, I hate people like me too :D
    I swear it's not intentional! it just happens! :lol:

Another bad habit I have, if im laying down watching tv or looking at the internet or anything else absentminded i sort of shake my foot. like u see people do when theyre anxious in a waiting room or something. I rarely even notice I'm doing it but I've been told it's unbearably annoying. :angel:
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
    Another quirk. I chew on the side of my mouth.. I go to the dentist... They're like: it looks like a minefield in here! Apparently .. It's annoying.
    P.S. this is the longest running thread I have ever posted!! Lol
  • rpech'erpech'e Twin Cities Posts: 1,106
    Is being organized a bad habit? I'm also a clean freak! :mrgreen:
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    rpech'e wrote:

not at all! people who don't like things clean are freaks!
    did you see me? i saw you.
    rpech'e wrote:
    No. These are the kinds of bad habits but actually good habits that you tell a job interviewer when they ask that stupid question about what your biggest flaws are, and then they sit there and listen to you lie to them. ;):lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,835
    duska3419 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    duska3419 wrote:
    I'm physically incapable of getting anywhere on time, ever.
    Ugh!!!
    I am freakishly punctual - I hate people like you (it seems to me that almost EVERYONE is like you though, so no offense! :lol: ).

No offense taken, I hate people like me too :D
    I swear it's not intentional! it just happens! :lol:

Another bad habit I have, if im laying down watching tv or looking at the internet or anything else absentminded i sort of shake my foot. like u see people do when theyre anxious in a waiting room or something. I rarely even notice I'm doing it but I've been told it's unbearably annoying. :angel:

In your defense, if your location is correct/up-to-date, you live in NYC, and it is nearly impossible to get anywhere on time here. Even if you leave early, you'll wind up being late. It's a strange thing. Those New York minutes really do go by faster.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    dankind wrote:

In your defense, if your location is correct/up-to-date, you live in NYC, and it is nearly impossible to get anywhere on time here. Even if you leave early, you'll wind up being late. It's a strange thing. Those New York minutes really do go by faster.

guess I'll have to try to get around in NYC...if I know it takes say 30-40 minutes to get to my destination, I will leave the house an HOUR before I'm supposed to be there.

another thing I do...I like to keep my stuff in really nice 'like-new' condition. Like my books, nothing pisses me off more than someone borrowing it, and cracking the spine, or eating and reading...'don't get your greasy fingerprints on the pages!'-I quit loaning out my books. :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    dankind wrote:

guess I'll have to try to get around in NYC...if I know it takes say 30-40 minutes to get to my destination, I will leave the house an HOUR before I'm supposed to be there.

another thing I do...I like to keep my stuff in really nice 'like-new' condition. Like my books, nothing pisses me off more than someone borrowing it, and cracking the spine, or eating and reading...'don't get your greasy fingerprints on the pages!'-I quit loaning out my books. :lol:
    I deStroy books. I break the spines (sometimes the pages start falling out eventually), dogear the pages, I don't really care if I spill shit on them, and write notes and phone numbers on them if it's all I have.... I don't usually borrow books from other people because of this, but I wouldn't destroy someone else's book if I could help it! That's so rude!
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,835
    RKCNDY wrote:
    dankind wrote:

I think the problem in NYC, too, is that your punctuality is often put in someone else's hands.

I will say that I'm much closer to being on time when I ride my bike, but even then, at work at least, I have to wait for the freight elevator operator to decide he's going to pick me up to take me down to the bike racks or up from the bike racks. Or there's always the in-the-way tourists, which I have mentioned/complained about in another thread. Or the pièce de résistance, the fucking protest march! This week, it was teachers who want contracts. And why do they have time for this march? Oh yeah, because they get the entire summer off! Get out of my way, you fucking crybabies. Most employees in this world are at-will, fucktards. Thanks for making me consider homeschooling my kids.

Edit: Sorry, I'm prone to hyperbole. I love teachers -- I just hate people who are in my way.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind wrote:
    I think the problem in NYC, too, is that your punctuality is often put in someone else's hands.

I will say that I'm much closer to being on time when I ride my bike, but even then, at work at least, I have to wait for the freight elevator operator to decide he's going to pick me up to take me down to the bike racks or up from the bike racks. Or there's always the in-the-way tourists, which I have mentioned/complained about in another thread. Or the pièce de résistance, the fucking protest march! This week, it was teachers who want contracts. And why do they have time for this march? Oh yeah, because they get the entire summer off! Get out of my way, you fucking crybabies. Most employees in this world are at-will, fucktards. Thanks for making me consider homeschooling my kids.

Edit: Sorry, I'm prone to hyperbole. I love teachers -- I just hate people who are in my way.

you are right about the travel time being in someone else's hands.However, I'm a straight up pedestrian. Worse than that really, I'm a pedestrian with a bad leg. So, in essence, you and I are pretty much mortal enemies :lol: I'm 100% with you on the tourists or just people who don't know how to walk in general. my favorite is when theres a group of 3-4 individuals walking together taking up the whole sidewalk and then one of them abruptly stops to do something on his/her phone and the WHOLE GROUP stops in turn so you have to weave your way between them. I don't drive, at all. I don't ride a bike for several reasons, including storage issues, mortal fear of cyclists, and fear of cycling through traffic. I know how to ride a bike and if I ever get over to governor's island I totally would rent a bike for that (I do know how to ride a bike though at this point I question my practical ability to do so. Stupid leg.) But to respond to RKCNDY's suggestion of leaving super early to ensure punctuality, I offer this tale:
    If the trains are running like they're supposed to ( :lol: ) and I am travelling in the 'sweet spot' in between rush hours or between post-evening rush & late night slow down, it takes ~60 minutes to get from point a to point b. And for reasons unclear ~45 minutes to get from point b to point a. However, I have to arrive at point b at the unfortunate hour of 930. Factoring in rush hour travel conditions, (and my unwillingness to become a human sardine) to arrive at point b in a timely fashion I leave point a at approximately 730. That is DOUBLE the amount of time travel *should* take. The first day, it's raining. a lot. I arrive just in the nick of time. The second day, its still raining but less so. I arrive ten minutes late. The next day it's sunny and humid as fuck. I arrive 45 minutes EARLY and have to sit around waiting for that time. It's completely unnatural to go from the manic rush of the commute to the dead standstill of waiting. The next day it's raining again. I leave a half an hour late (entirely my own fault) so I'm starting my journey at 8am instead of 730. Keep in mind that is still an adequate amount of travel time under "normal" circumstances. There's an issue with the first train. It's stuck in a station which connects to another train that I could use as an alternative. That train arrives, I make a mad dash for it. One station away from my transfer, THAT train has an issue and is stuck in THAT station. I think about where I am and realize I could walk a few blocks to get to the train I need to be on anyway. Unfortunately, I'm in midtown and it's raining, so there's a horde of doushebags in suits with umbrellas that could fit an entire family under them, who walk as if they think they own the place. I make it to the station I was aiming for, with barely a scratch on me. The train is crowded when it arrives, and at the next station a man with a bike forces his way on. I end up getting uncomfortably squished in a corner which isn't a big deal until the train lurches and my ankle gives out. This is a local train, I can switch for the express at the next stop in hopes of passing another local in the tunnel and getting back on that one to reach my destination. I try, but there's no other local in the tunnel as the express passes through. My entire leg is aching. I look at my watch as I'm waiting for the local, still 5 stops away from my destination, plus the walk from the train. It's 9:45. I admit defeat. I head over to the other platform to go back the way I came. I get on the local and stay there, because time no longer matters. I reach point a at 1015.

This was my week 2 or 3 weeks ago. The moral of the story is IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT YOU DO. If the gods of the subway don't want you to get somewhere on time, you won't. What we call 'normal' or 'typical' is not necessarily accurately translated into commute times for people who drive to work or take a bus that doesn't have to go through these areas. I have to agree with dankind, the only way you can ensure getting where you need to be is to walk or bike, but it's not always a practical solution. according to Google, walking directions puts my commute at 7 miles, driving puts it at 9.3

But NONE of that makes up for me telling people I'm walking out the door when in reality I'm just jumping in the shower :lol::lol: :P :P
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    I forget everything.
  • STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    edited June 2013
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Wow. I read "Worst HABIT" and assumed people would be talking about biting their nails and smoking and drinking too much Coke and clicking their tongue annoyingly and shit... instead everyone is talking about their worst personality traits. :lol: Pretty sure there is actually already another thread for that! :lol:

My worst HABIT is probably smoking. Luckily I'm not an addict, but I've definitely got a hand to mouth habit going on with cigarettes, especially when I'm drinking.

Another "Worst Habit", is gossiping about other people. That really annoys me. :corn:

We are all humans, and creatures of habits.
    Post edited by STAYSEA on
    STAYSEA wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Wow. I read "Worst HABIT" and assumed people would be talking about biting their nails and smoking and drinking too much Coke and clicking their tongue annoyingly and shit... instead everyone is talking about their worst personality traits. :lol: Pretty sure there is actually already another thread for that! :lol:

My worst HABIT is probably smoking. Luckily I'm not an addict, but I've definitely got a hand to mouth habit going on with cigarettes, especially when I'm drinking.

Another "Worst Habit", is gossiping about other people. That really annoys me. :corn:
    :wtf:
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Something something

Habiiiiiit

Something something

Habiiiiit
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    STAYSEA wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

:corn:
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    PJ_Soul wrote:

We have all been guilty of this. :silent: :oops:

It really annoys me when people talk or text while they are driving. I can't think of any HABIT worse than that!
    shortstack wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    STAYSEA wrote:

:corn:
    :lol: Okay, nothing to see here, move along.:lol: We talked - STAYSEA did not mean for her post to accuse me; it just looked that way. She was just quoting my original comment and then making a general statement. No harm, no foul. ;)
    Something something

Habiiiiiit

Something something

Habiiiiit
    never thought you'd
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    duska3419 wrote:
    Something something

Habiiiiiit

Something something

Habiiiiit
    never thought you'd

Thanks

I can never remember that one