Options

I lost my wife a week ago (play Come Back at Wrigley)

Comments

• Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783
    Bump for Come Back at wrigley
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    My sincerest condolences to you. What a heartbreaking experience to go through. She was so young and it's obvious you loved her very much. I wish you peace and serenity.
  • Options
    boxorbagboxorbag Posts: 246
    Man I don't have the words. Really hope they play the song for Sarah and I don't think it's asking too much to dedicate it to her also. If they don't dedicate it to her every ten club member will know it is for her and be thinking of her. My prayers are with you and your family. If you need anything when your in chicago send me a PM.
    Shawn
  • Options
    chimpatchimpat Posts: 590
    Heartbreaking to read this, my condolences to you.
    "This is about as perfect a crowd as you can get. I hate to placate, I ain't placating...." - EV, 9/29/96

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,120
    You know I often find the song request threads to be quite annoying. Not this one.

Can't even begin to imagine what you are going through. Don't want to know that much pain really. Take care and I hope you get your wish.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,310
    Man that is so sad please accept my deepest condolences and i hope someone from here gets the word to Ed ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Nevermind90Nevermind90 Posts: 722
    Im so sorry to hear about your wife! thoughts & prayers for you brother.. I hope PJ will play Come Back for you.

<3
    ~ Enjoy The Struggle
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I was very saddened by this post and the tribute video. I can't imagine what you're going through; I only know that it's gotta hurt like hell. You have my condolences and my deepest sympathies.

Please play it, Pearl Jam. Play it for a lovely woman who has sadly shuffled off this mortal coil, and play it for the man who wants her to "Come Back."
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,850
    Wow, Adam. So, so sad. You put together a beautiful video that brought me to tears. Hold tight to your times together, there were a lot of smiles captured in the pictures. I'm so sorry for your loss and sincerely hope you get to hear your and Sarah's song at Wrigley. Your continued strength and healing are in my prayers.
  • Options
    front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246
    Adam:

I'm so sorry to see this post. You obviously had an enormous amount of love for our wife, and I'm sure she knew that all the way until the end. Death shouldn't be part of life! Try to stay strong, lean on your family, and try to find happiness in every place you can! From one Hoosier to another......may you find healing, peace, and solace in the memories you have.

I hope we hear Come Back at Wrigley, I hope it brings you a smile through the tears.
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • Options
    don smithdon smith Posts: 833
    so sorry! i lost my wife when she was 36. sucks is such a small word!
    peace be with you
    06/12/03,06/13/03
    10-05-04 09-09-05
    05-16-06-5-17-06-5-19-06,06-26-06-06-27-06 05-03-10 09-04-11
    07/19/13 11-15-13
  • Options
    UtahBoltUtahBolt Posts: 188
    From the video you put together, she seemed to be very happy, happiness was in her soul. Her time here was not just a blessing to you but to the rest of us as well. May she be at peace and may God bless you Adam.
  • Options
    KimmiebyromKimmiebyrom Posts: 1,832
    I'm so very sorry for your loss. I have found much comfort in PJ's music as well as my PJ family in times of loss.
    My heart and prayers are with you.
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV
  • Options
    rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    I hope they do play it. So sorry about your loss.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • Options
    bbrinkebbrinke Posts: 98
    Adam, I saw your post and the video this morning and I have been thinking about you and Sarah all day long. Come Back has been running through my head and there is no way I could imagine what you just went through. Keep your head up, you don't have to do this alone. When the boys play Come Back there will be several clubbers crying, this one included..
  • Options
    HoosiersHoosiers Indiana Posts: 189
    My decision to post this has gone over better than even I imagined. I appreciate all of the kind words everyone has shared with me...it really does help.

I really can't explain the emotion I am feeling. I tear up at random times that are out of my control (I did it in a fast food drive thru line waiting to get a soda and I also did it at a public park). I wish those around me knew what I was going through so I don't have to hide it. The hardest things are the constant reminders of her presence around our house (even small things like a hair dryer, house plants, her DVR recordings, etc.) that always tug at my heart.

I go back to work Thursday, so that is when things will probably start getting back to normal. I'm just not ready for it though. Sometimes reality doesn't seem real...and I wish it weren't.

I miss my wife so much.
    ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
    For the love of God, please Kat, Sea, Santos or whoever...please pass this along to the band. I can't even fathom they wouldn't do this knowing his story. So sorry for your loss.
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    What a beautiful video....tears in my eyes. Please PJ play Come Back at Wrigley. Sarah will, as always, still be smiling down upon us and singing along.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,936
    Sorry for your loss, Hopefully the band receives your request.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    adusickadusick Posts: 1,367
    Adam,

I'm terribly sorry for your loss, I was moved to tears watching your video and I imagine you've been through an incredible amount of pain. Thinking of you! I lost my father years ago and still choke up at random times out of the blue. Just try to remember the good times and what she gave to the world, and by telling your story, think of how many people you've motivated to live just a little bit harder, give just a little bit more of themselves today.

Hang in there, you're among friends. The best advice I've ever received after losing someone was simple... Don't Wait.
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Adam, wow, fuck bro, I dnt have the words........this song WILL BE PLAYED at wrigley and about 3/4 of the fans there will all be singing it WITH SARAH. Hang in there man, sorry just doesn't cut it.
  • Options
    -Buru--Buru- Santa Barbara, CA Posts: 1,292
    I'm really sorry for your loss. I hope they play Come Back for you, and any other people that may have recently lost someone they love.
    I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

• Options
    mead60mead60 Posts: 31
    Wow. I don't even know where to begin. Having been a part of the PJ family for years, going to concerts, meeting people, listening to the most amazing music ever made, I have been incredibly fortunate to do so among friends and the most amazing person I can imagine (my wife). I truly can't fathom what you must be going through Adam. I do know that faith is a huge part of my life, and I am able to hold steadfast in the fact that eventually all things will work itself out. I have no doubt that Come Back will be played at Wrigley, and 3/4 of the crowd will be crying along with you in memory of Sarah and the amazing bond that you formed. It pains me to think of what life would be like without my wife and our connection to this amazing music that we not only listen to each day, but signify every moment by and enjoy because we have each other. I will pray for you each day before this concert and can't wait to share a small part in your joy/grieving/happiness that your wife's memory is honored in the correct way during this concert.
  • Options
    acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    Oh man, too young. Too young. So sorry for your loss. I have always thought come back would be a good closer, but I hope they work it in nearer the middle to give you some time to just rage at the injustice of it all....

"I'm on pain killers tonight because ... you know ... life." --Eddie Vedder, 6/12/09
    [sic] happens
  • Options
    DrdealDrdeal Posts: 693
    Adam,

Very sorry to hear of your loss. I am sure her song will be played and that she will be there in spirit to hear it with you. You and your wife are in my thoughts.

Andrew
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,909
    Very sorry about your loss. :(
  • Options
    pretextpretext Posts: 1,294
    Oh, man, what a terrible loss. Many, many condolences. I think I stand for everyone here saying that it'd be great to meet you and offer support at Wrigley. This is great community to rally for someone in times of need. Take care of yourself.
  • Options
    skanji32skanji32 Posts: 592
    Sorry for the abosoultely devestating news...

Thoughts, prayers and love from Ottawa, Canada...
    My 22 shows:
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Montreal, Toronto
    2000 - Montreal, Toronto
    2003 - Toronto, Montreal
    2004 - Boston I, Boston II
    2005 - Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa
    2013 - London, Seattle
    2016 - Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
  • Options
    skanji32skanji32 Posts: 592
    Hoosiers wrote:
    My decision to post this has gone over better than even I imagined. I appreciate all of the kind words everyone has shared with me...it really does help.

I really can't explain the emotion I am feeling. I tear up at random times that are out of my control (I did it in a fast food drive thru line waiting to get a soda and I also did it at a public park). I wish those around me knew what I was going through so I don't have to hide it. The hardest things are the constant reminders of her presence around our house (even small things like a hair dryer, house plants, her DVR recordings, etc.) that always tug at my heart.

I go back to work Thursday, so that is when things will probably start getting back to normal. I'm just not ready for it though. Sometimes reality doesn't seem real...and I wish it weren't.

I miss my wife so much.

Things aren't okay now, and they won't be for a while. Let yourself feel what you have to feel. Cry. Scream. Shout. Just express yourself, and get help if and when you think you need it. You have the entire Pearl Jam family around you. You are not alone...
    My 22 shows:
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Montreal, Toronto
    2000 - Montreal, Toronto
    2003 - Toronto, Montreal
    2004 - Boston I, Boston II
    2005 - Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa
    2013 - London, Seattle
    2016 - Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
  • Options
    PJForceofNaturePJForceofNature Posts: 3,087
    skanji32 wrote:
    Hoosiers wrote:

I miss my wife so much.

Things aren't okay now, and they won't be for a while. Let yourself feel what you have to feel. Cry. Scream. Shout. Just express yourself, and get help if and when you think you need it. You have the entire Pearl Jam family around you. You are not alone...

This is so true. You are not alone. We are here for you, sending love and prayers your way. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you.
    "A beacon on dry land"