Options

I lost my wife a week ago (play Come Back at Wrigley)

Comments

• Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,778
    very sorry for your loss

I'm pretty sure you will get your wish at Wrigley, I think the mods tend to pass notices like this on.

Take care.
  • Options
    HEXHEX Posts: 221
    I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. My heart goes out to you and your family.
    Wishing you strength and all the best. Peace.
    I hope Come Back will be played at Wrigley.
  • Options
    PorchgirlCOPorchgirlCO Colorado Posts: 1,375
    So sorry for your loss!! I hope they play your requeat and I agree with boxorbag...
    boxorbag wrote:
    I don't think it's asking too much to dedicate it to her also. If they don't dedicate it to her every ten club member will know it is for her and be thinking of her.
    Shawn

Take care,
    ginger
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...

Orlando 4/24/92 & 8/23/92, Miami 3/28/94, Ft Laud 10/7/96, Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Missoula 9/30/12, EV Jax 11/24/12 & 11/25/12, Chicago (Wrigley) 7/19/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Tulsa 10/8/14, Lincoln 10/9/14, Denver 10/22/14, Jacksonville 4/12/16, Greenville 4/16/16, Telluride 7/9/16, Boston (Fenway) 8/5/16 & 8/7/16, Seattle (Safeco) 8/10/18, Boston (Fenway) 9/2/18 & 9/4/18, Dana Point 10/1/21 & 10/2/21, MSG 9/11/22, Denver 9/22/22, Austin 9/18/23 & 9/19/23.
  • Options
    So sorry for your loss. The 10C community is here for you. Please play this at Wrigley! Eddie performed "Man of the Hour" for my grandfather who passed away shortly before the last Detroit solo show. I handed Eddie a letter before the show, so I hope this message reaches the band.
  • Options
    LB113337LB113337 Posts: 25
    Hoosiers wrote:
    My decision to post this has gone over better than even I imagined. I appreciate all of the kind words everyone has shared with me...it really does help.

I really can't explain the emotion I am feeling. I tear up at random times that are out of my control (I did it in a fast food drive thru line waiting to get a soda and I also did it at a public park). I wish those around me knew what I was going through so I don't have to hide it. The hardest things are the constant reminders of her presence around our house (even small things like a hair dryer, house plants, her DVR recordings, etc.) that always tug at my heart.

I go back to work Thursday, so that is when things will probably start getting back to normal. I'm just not ready for it though. Sometimes reality doesn't seem real...and I wish it weren't.

I miss my wife so much.

I am so sorry for your loss. While I can't know exactly what you are going through, the feelings you describe are very familiar to me.

Last January, we unexpectedly lost our 5-year-old daughter, Maddy. On the second day back at kindergarten after Xmas break, during the after school care at her school, she complained about a headache, vomited, and quickly became unresponsive. Paramedics beat my wife to the school, and I was told to go straight to the emergency room to wait for them. "Pediatric code blue arriving in 5 minutes" was announced over the hospital intercom, and my heart sank. A few moments later I was met by a nurse and the hospital chaplain and brought to a small room to wait with my wife. Maddy's heart had stopped on the way to the hospital and they were currently trying to resuscitate her. They were able to restart her heart and immediately took her to have a CT scan.

They told us that she had a massive hemorrhage in her brain and that there was zero brain activity. The next morning she was officially pronounced dead.

Two weeks later I went back to work. I hope that returning to work helps you, but for me it did not. I could not concentrate on work, and I just felt so alone. Everyone was so afraid to upset me that they avoided me like the plague. I could only handle being at work for a few hours at a time at first. Luckily, my employer was very understanding.

My only advice is to listen to your self, and do what it helping you.

My wife and I will be at the Wrigley show. I'm hoping to hear Light Years, as that is the one that has been most meaningful to me. I hope they play Come Back for you. It's a great song, and is special for me too.
  • Options
    letimletim Posts: 60
    Hoosiers wrote:
    My decision to post this has gone over better than even I imagined. I appreciate all of the kind words everyone has shared with me...it really does help.

I really can't explain the emotion I am feeling. I tear up at random times that are out of my control (I did it in a fast food drive thru line waiting to get a soda and I also did it at a public park). I wish those around me knew what I was going through so I don't have to hide it. The hardest things are the constant reminders of her presence around our house (even small things like a hair dryer, house plants, her DVR recordings, etc.) that always tug at my heart.

I go back to work Thursday, so that is when things will probably start getting back to normal. I'm just not ready for it though. Sometimes reality doesn't seem real...and I wish it weren't.

I miss my wife so much.

Adam,

We will be thinking of you tomorrow. Stay strong and cry like hell if you want to. You dont have to hide this. We're rooting for you and we are one big PJ Fam. Sarah will be with you always! WE WANT TO HEAR COME BACK AT WRIGLEY
    (twitter) @presleyleti
    4/21/2003 Lexington
    7/19/2013 Wrigley
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh
    10/12/13 Buffalo
    12/6/13 Seattle
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life....
  • Options
    HoosiersHoosiers Indiana Posts: 189
    LB113337 wrote:
    I am so sorry for your loss. While I can't know exactly what you are going through, the feelings you describe are very familiar to me.

Last January, we unexpectedly lost our 5-year-old daughter, Maddy. On the second day back at kindergarten after Xmas break, during the after school care at her school, she complained about a headache, vomited, and quickly became unresponsive. Paramedics beat my wife to the school, and I was told to go straight to the emergency room to wait for them. "Pediatric code blue arriving in 5 minutes" was announced over the hospital intercom, and my heart sank. A few moments later I was met by a nurse and the hospital chaplain and brought to a small room to wait with my wife. Maddy's heart had stopped on the way to the hospital and they were currently trying to resuscitate her. They were able to restart her heart and immediately took her to have a CT scan.

They told us that she had a massive hemorrhage in her brain and that there was zero brain activity. The next morning she was officially pronounced dead.

Two weeks later I went back to work. I hope that returning to work helps you, but for me it did not. I could not concentrate on work, and I just felt so alone. Everyone was so afraid to upset me that they avoided me like the plague. I could only handle being at work for a few hours at a time at first. Luckily, my employer was very understanding.

My wife and I will be at the Wrigley show. I'm hoping to hear Light Years, as that is the one that has been most meaningful to me. I hope they play Come Back for you. It's a great song, and is special for me too.

This just broke my heart. Poor, poor Maddy. Never had a chance at life. I couldn't imagine knowing what you went through. Unfortunately for me, I am all out of bereavement and vacation time and even though my employer told me I could take off more time, it would be out of my own pocket (I can't afford that right now).

Thank you for taking time to write me...it really helps.

It's amazing what this band's music can do for the healing process in humans...they amaze me more every day.
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Hoosiers wrote:
    LB113337 wrote:

This just broke my heart. Poor, poor Maddy. Never had a chance at life. I couldn't imagine knowing what you went through. Unfortunately for me, I am all out of bereavement and vacation time and even though my employer told me I could take off more time, it would be out of my own pocket (I can't afford that right now).

Thank you for taking time to write me...it really helps.

It's amazing what this band's music can do for the healing process in humans...they amaze me more every day.
    Hang in there man. I feel so bad for u and your family. I won't be at Wrigley, but ill be singing come back along with u guys in July.
  • Options
    Catwoman1Catwoman1 Posts: 482
    What a beautiful tribute. I am so sorry.

Please play Come Back at Wrigley.
    You can't be neutral on a moving train.
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    That was a very emotional video to watch. I'm very sorry for your loss. I hope Pearl Jam grants your wish.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    Bump!

So sorry for your loss.

Nice video too! :)
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783
    It is a beautiful video for a beautiful woman with a bright smile. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Pssst, Ed? Play Come Back at wrigley, please.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,936
    very touching video Adam :(
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. I can empathize with you regarding losing a loved one- my father passed away in September. There is nothing easy about it, but know you have an amazing community that has your back and is here for you. Please be easy on yourself through the grief process, take as much time as you need, and I really hope you enjoy the show in a couple months--whether Come Back is played or not (I sincerely hope the band somehow hears this and honors this wish!), it should be a very theraputic night. My heart goes out to you in this difficult time.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    yieldtrack11yieldtrack11 Posts: 163
    Heartbreaking. God be with you.

We've got to find a way to get the band to play Come Back for you...
  • Options
    JP153162JP153162 MN Posts: 25
    You can tell from her pictures what an amazing person she was! So sorry for your loss. I hope they play Come Back for you! If they do, I'll be thinking of you!
  • Options
    Tboz51Tboz51 Posts: 2,808
    I'm very sorry for your loss... I hope the memories of her were deep and lasting for your lifetime.

Good luck with your recovery
    "Honesty will always be construed as negative to a dumbass"
    :-)
  • Options
    JM44800JM44800 Posts: 106
    My deepest condolences to you for your loss. I don't know what it's like to lose a wife, but I lost my mom and mother-in-law in the span of 3 weeks a couple of years ago from cancer and I know how painful a loss of a loved one can be. As others have said, the grieving process will take some time and please make sure to let any of those feelings out be it sadness, anger, frustration whatever they may be. Too many times, we feel the need to get back to "normal" and while that is admirable, most times people do it at the expense of dealing with the loss and really being with their feelings. I will be at the Wrigley show and I would love to give you a hug, buy you a beer, and see how you are doing. I don't post here at all, but your story touched me and I wanted to lend my support to you during this difficult time. Come Back will be played and when it is, I know I will cry along with many others while thinking of you and Sarah. Thank you for sharing and the courage it took to do so!

Joe
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    heavy thread, very very sorry for your loss.

hope they play it for you!
  • Options
    ladydocNYCladydocNYC Posts: 635
    bump
  • Options
    KM78948KM78948 Posts: 107
    bump that

hey man, i can't even begin to imagine your hurt. hopefully you have a good group of support around you, use it. i'm so sorry for your loss.

kyle
    '98 - washington, dc (tfc) & columbia, md
    '00 - columbia, md
    '03 - bristow, va & hershey, pa
    '06 - washington, dc
    '08 - washington, dc
    '09 - philadelphia, pa (halloween)
    '10 - bristow, va
    '13 - baltimore, md & charlottesville, va
    '15 - new york, ny (gcf)
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717
    back up ......
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    Bump back to the top.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    lpeddlelpeddle Posts: 293
    Adam I am so so sorry for your loss. Your video tribute to her was beautiful, it had me in tears in the first 3 seconds. Come Back really is a beautiful song with a lot of meaning for anyone who has lost someone. It is one of my top 3 favourite songs as well. I really hope the band plays it for you and Sarah.
  • Options
    pulling69pulling69 KIAD Posts: 982
    I was thinking about starting a thread similar to this with a request for that show for what I have been going through for the past 10 months now(the actual anniversary date of my accident is the night before Wrigley)....but this trumps my fall and recovery by a mile. I hope this request gets to happen, you deserve it.
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    So sorry Hoosiers....I hope you get your wish
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    Off He Goes, Thumbing My Way and Come Back are all awesome songs, and not only do I hope they play Come Back, I hope they play all 3 because that would be the making of a great setlist and an awesome tribute.

and on a personal note I have lost many people close to me in recent years, and my best advice is to keep the good memories close to your heart because that is the thing that will get you through the tough times, and since she loves you she would not want to see you unhappy, while the second one will be a tougher task, just remembering that should bring you comfort, and to steal a line from Thumbing My Way "no matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime just ahead"
  • Options
    HoosiersHoosiers Indiana Posts: 189
    It was two weeks ago this morning.

Still miss her like crazy.
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    I hope your getting through this. I showed my wife your post (she is also from fort wayne) and she asks me how you are doing. Stay strong.
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    edited May 2013
    Hoosiers wrote:
    It was two weeks ago this morning.

Still miss her like crazy.
    Of course you do Hoosiers. Know that she wants you to get back to happiness as soon as you can.

I'm really sorry for your loss, am sending you healing thoughts from across the globe & hope Come Back is played for you at Wrigley.
    Post edited by morello on
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011