The ongoing pursuit of an AMC Eagle ... Car people needed

Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
edited July 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
I have been looking into getting a car for myself during the last couple of weeks and now have found one that looks promising, but the problem is that the car is situated practically on the other side of the country. We are in MI, the car is near Denver. If we want to go for this one, we need to know more about the car than just looking at pics, reading emails and talking to the seller on the phone. So we are looking for a person who knows what to look for in a used car and go to check this one out for us in person ...

If there is anybody on here from the Denver area who would be willing and able to help us out, please pm and we will provide more info. We will think of something to reward them :)

Thanks for reading!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    good thing you married a mechanic cuz yous gonna need one :lol::lol:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    norm wrote:

do they still make parts for it?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    81 wrote:
    norm wrote:

I have a feeling there are many 'pull-a-part' junkyards in the Detroit area...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Trying to think if my parents know anyone in the area anymore :think:
    81 wrote:
    norm wrote:

hell, i don't think they made parts for it back then
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:
    norm wrote:

hell, i don't think they made parts for it back then

:lol::lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,798
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:
    norm wrote:

I have a feeling there are many 'pull-a-part' junkyards in the Detroit area...
    Theres one in the woods off of US23 near Milan. Can see it from the highway!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    81 wrote:

I've done my research ;) But we thought we ask here, because we don't know anybody on that other forum. They might even just jump on it and take it before we could ... It might be a long shot, and I might be too impatient :oops: But it's a pretty one and it's worth a try.

They don't make parts for it anymore, I think. But you can get stuff online. I'm not looking for a wreck that always needs repair, though. I want Cav to be happy :D And I know he will enjoy driving that car too :P
    81 wrote:

I've done my research ;) But we thought we ask here, because we don't know anybody on that other forum. They might even just jump on it and take it before we could ... It might be a long shot, and I might be too impatient :oops: But it's a pretty one and it's worth a try.

They don't make parts for it anymore, I think. But you can get stuff online. I'm not looking for a wreck that always needs repair, though. I want Cav to be happy :D And I know he will enjoy driving that car too :P

i'm sure we have 10clubbers in denver,...i just can't think of any of the top of my head.

i know i'm razzing you....but i know where you are coming from. i drove a 25 year car for a few years....because i had to have it.....then i wised up. :lol:

good luck.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

i'm sure we have 10clubbers in denver,...i just can't think of any of the top of my head.

i know i'm razzing you....but i know where you are coming from. i drove a 25 year car for a few years....because i had to have it.....then i wised up. :lol:

good luck.

are you talking 'bout the 'vette?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:

good luck.

maybe
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    :lol::lol::lol:

- Christopher McCandless
    81 wrote:

good luck.

I can wise up when I'm old :lol: Thank you! It's gonna be my first car ever. I kind of like the idea of it not being something totally random and boring. And the 4WD comes in handy in MI ;)

Peacefrompaul - thanks for thinking about it!
    what men do for their woman :corn:
    81 wrote:

good luck.

I can wise up when I'm old :lol: Thank you! It's gonna be my first car ever. I kind of like the idea of it not being something totally random and boring. And the 4WD comes in handy in MI ;)

POSI is where it's at. ;)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

good luck.

Whispering hands lives in C Springs

Not far from Denver
    norm wrote:

you've clearly seen my closet of boots. :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:

good luck.

maybe
    just seen a white one for sale somewhere in the region here. Somewhere in easern ohio maybe? Looked good in the brief moment as I was driving by.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    just seen a white one for sale somewhere in the region here. Somewhere in easern ohio maybe? Looked good in the brief moment as I was driving by.

of course it did. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

of course it did. :lol:
    well, the paint wasnt faded anyway.

Not far from Denver

:think: I just looked it up, it's a one hour drive to Denver, and the car is a little outside ... That might be too much to ask.

Dammit, why can't there be a decent one closer to us :|
    norm wrote:

Cav's my superhero :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Not far from Denver

:think: I just looked it up, it's a one hour drive to Denver, and the car is a little outside ... That might be too much to ask.

Dammit, why can't there be a decent one closer to us :|

Where is the car?
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Looked good in the brief moment as I was driving by.

said everybody in 1973
    norm wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Looked good in the brief moment as I was driving by.

said everybody in 1973

you....out
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    :lol:
    I saw the car of my choice popping up in lists of the "ugliest cars ever made", but I don't care. I love it :mrgreen: Cars nowadays look all the same. Just plain boring.
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    Did I miss something? What kind of car are you looking at?
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."

she's got a hankering for an AMC Eagle

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:

she's got a hankering for an AMC Eagle

There's a nice one sitting in Seattle too ... We are living on the wrong coast! :lol: