Options

NBA's Jason Collins comes out as gay

13»

Comments

• Options
    MoonpigMoonpig Posts: 659
    Godfather. wrote:
    if he does not gets singed with a new team will he pull the bigot card ? (nobody signed me because I'm gay)
    usally when a celeb "comes out of the closset" it marks the end of their career or at least a rocky road ahead,look at what happened with Ellan Degenrous ,she was in the news defending her self for quite a while before she landed her own talk show so
    I can only imagine what this basketball player is going to have to deal with sense most sports fans you see or hear about are "straight" hedro people.

Godfather.

if that's all you can imagine, then you have a silly imagination.
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    Moonpig wrote:
    Godfather. wrote:
    if he does not gets singed with a new team will he pull the bigot card ? (nobody signed me because I'm gay)
    usally when a celeb "comes out of the closset" it marks the end of their career or at least a rocky road ahead,look at what happened with Ellan Degenrous ,she was in the news defending her self for quite a while before she landed her own talk show so
    I can only imagine what this basketball player is going to have to deal with sense most sports fans you see or hear about are "straight" hedro people.

Godfather.

if that's all you can imagine, then you have a silly imagination.

just calling it like I see it, maybe he should have left his personal life in the closet because it wont be easy selling his trade that will be over shadowed by his personal life.

Godfather.
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Godfather. wrote:
    just calling it like I see it, maybe he should have left his personal life in the closet because it wont be easy selling his trade that will be over shadowed by his personal life.

Godfather.

the overwhelming response from people has been very positive ... if he doesn't get signed - it's cuz he sucks ... no pun intended ... :lol:
  • Options
    MoonpigMoonpig Posts: 659
    Godfather. wrote:

Godfather.

actually it speaks more of the morals and attitudes of those who would judge him by his personal life. I agree that it's not worthy of the front page, fair fucks for coming out all the same, not an easy choice.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,941
    He'll get signed.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    Godfather. wrote:

Godfather.

the overwhelming response from people has been very positive ... if he doesn't get signed - it's cuz he sucks ... no pun intended ... :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: OOOOHHHHHH SH*T i CAN'T STOP LAUGHING :lol::lol:
    that was funny !!

Godfather.
  • Options
    Godfather. wrote:
    usally when a celeb "comes out of the closset" it marks the end of their career or at least a rocky road ahead,look at what happened with Ellan Degenrous ,she was in the news defending her self for quite a while before she landed her own talk show so I can only imagine what this basketball player is going to have to deal with sense most sports fans you see or hear about are "straight" hedro people.

Godfather.

hedro?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Godfather. wrote:
    usally when a celeb "comes out of the closset" it marks the end of their career or at least a rocky road ahead,look at what happened with Ellan Degenrous ,she was in the news defending her self for quite a while before she landed her own talk show so I can only imagine what this basketball player is going to have to deal with sense most sports fans you see or hear about are "straight" hedro people.

Godfather.

hedro?

ahhh forgive me my friend,I tried to abrieveate "hedrsexual" and you must be used to my spelling errors by now :lol: did I use the word in it's right context ?

Godfather.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,645
    edited May 2013
    Moonpig wrote:
    cp3iverson wrote:
    The guy is garbage as a player but now he's definitely getting another NBA deal. Some owner wants to be the groundbreaking owner who hired the first openly gay player. It's a good PR move for teams.

Hopefully after this though stars won't have to announce it and we won't have to act like we care and blow it up. Honestly it's no one's business and it shouldn't be news after this. Be comfortable and live your life. Let others live their lives and everyone wins.

Can you elaborate please - I find it hard to believe he is garbage as a player if he plays in the NBA. Would you class yourself as a better player?

So if he was a better player would it be less of a PR move. I'm sorry but your comment made absolutely no sense, I don't know why or how his athletic skills are relevant.

When you're 34 years old and you haven't averaged over 2 points PER GAME since you were 31 you're garbage as a player. Hell, the term is even called "garbage time" for the players who only play during blowouts. AKA he sucks at his current job. If he played in a lesser pro league he wouldn't be garbage but right now he's scoring 1 point every other game.

I've followed Jason Collins' career for 15 years going back to college. He was never going to be a star and to last this long in the NBA is a hell of an accomplishment but there's more deserving players these days for the job that he's filling. Credit to him for being true to himself and being a pioneer. I hope this helps a lot of people. This will definitely help his odds of getting signed next season though. Was that his intention? I don't think so but he was more than likely finished this season. I think the teams will come calling.

Anything else? :lol:
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    lukin2006 wrote:
    I look forward to the day when people who do not have to disclose their sexual orientation ... afterall its nobodies business.
    Well unless your attracted to them and want to know if you have a shot.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG