YOUR Top 10 Bootlegs???

24567

Comments

  • YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IAPosts: 5,533
    It is sooooo difficult not to be able to include some of those 2000 and 2003 boots in the top 10. So many great boots from those tours.

    I would be very curious to hear that The Rob's top 10 boots are of all time.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

  • TamaDrummer91TamaDrummer91 VAPosts: 1,152
    With as many bootleg fans as it seems on here, we should be to page 10. I love reading about the less known boots that are people's favs, like Fresno 00 or Montreal 05. There is truly some great lesser known shows, those tend to be the ones I listen to the most.
    2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

    For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UKPosts: 6,524
    I'm just going to go with each tour. I have a marking system on my bootleg spreadsheet now so I can remember my favourite boots.

    2000 - St Louis, Albuquerque, Sacramento, Portland, Seattle II. I need to listen to Europe and US leg 1 again cos I wasn't using my marking system last time I listened to them!! Though I do remember enjoying Oslo.

    2003 - Alot still to listen to here, whilst I've been finishing off the set I've put off listening to the new ones I've acquired. But I do enjoy Sydney I, Adelaide, Melbourne I, Osaka, Denver, Buffalo, Dallas, Bonner Springs, Detroit I and Holmdel as well as Mansfield III.

    2005 - Some cracking shows here, pity I can't remember them all but London, both St Johns and Philly were great. Still to listen to the SA shows.

    2006 - Currently listening to this tour in show order, finished Antwerp today. Highlights so far are Grand Rapids, Boston II, East Rutherford II, San Diego, San Francisco II, Gorge I and Arnhem. Remember the Italian shows being great and the Newcastle show also.

    2008 - Bonnaroo, Virginia Beach, Camden I and MSG 1.

    2009 - From what I've heard, Calgary, San Diego, Melbourne, Sydney and Christchurch

    2010 - Cleveland, Hartford, Boston, Newark. Still to listen to the Euro tour.

    2011 - Only heard the SA tour so its Curitiba, Porto Alegre and Lima.

    2012 - Both Manchester shows, Arras, Oslo, Copenhagen and Atlanta
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

    Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPROPosts: 135,667
    YLed2 wrote:
    It is sooooo difficult not to be able to include some of those 2000 and 2003 boots in the top 10. So many great boots from those tours.

    I would be very curious to hear that The Rob's top 10 boots are of all time.
    his number 1 must be seattle 2 00

    its so hard..

    i mean,i can add 15 boots only from 2000 tour..and i left out a couple of amazing at 2005 cana da and BA shows..

    and again..the 90=99 era isnt fair..we dont have good quazlity at all shows..wish we have all at cd or good recording-quality mp3 atleast version
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPROPosts: 135,667
    fresno 2000

    lissabon 2 2006
    marseille 2006
    those i put in and out of my list..its impossible..

    maybe top 3 from each tour???year??lol..

    awesome thread!!

    need to be sticky to porch
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • ragejoeragejoe Agawam MassPosts: 1,406
    BinFrog wrote:
    damn,i love this band..


    Really? I had no idea ;)
    haha..man,i can talk about bootlegs,and shows and songs and version..like forever..

    best band ever!! :) ;)


    Thats awesome dimitris i was thinking that exact same thing as i was reading these and then read yours

    I love this band so much and have so much respect for them... How a band of their caliber has managed to make almost every single individual one of their shows unique and special... it just blows my mind... And I honestly..think they get better and better every tour... Im not one of those people who only like the first 10 years, I would rather see a movie based on the years 2000-current than the old half...

    Their tours and shows and setlists get better and more predictable each year I think... and Ed really , the way he continues to put so much effort in his/their relationship with us is unimaginable in Pop/Rock music these days!

    OK... Back to the Bootlegs...

    I gotta say when I think about the 2005 & 2011 Canadian tours... if you really look at all the shows and setlists from those 2 tours.. .I think they are 2 of their most consistent tours ever as far as exceptional shows almost every night.

    As a 10c member and active fan who appreciates everything the band does and all the friendships i have formed with you guys... Its hard not to feel like Amsterdam 2 2012 isnt as special as any other show ever...
    1998 Tour- Hartford 9/13
    2000 Tour- Saratoga 8/27 Boston 8/29, 8/30
    2003 Tour- Albany 4/29 Boston 7/2,7/3,7/11 Philadelphia 7/5,7/6 MSG 7/8,7/9
    2004 Tour-
    Boston 9/28,9/29
    2006 Tour-
    Albany 5/12 Hartford 5/13 Boston 5/24,5/25
    2008 Tour-
    MSG 6/24,6/25 Hartford 6/27 Boston 6/28,6/30 Eddie- Boston 8/1
    2009 Tour-
    Eddie- Albany 6/9 Philly Spectrum- 10/30, 10/31
    2010 Tour-
    Hartford 5/15 MSG 5/20,5/21
    2011 Tour-
    Eddie- Hartford 6/18
    2013 Tour- Worcester,MA 10/15,10/16 Hartford 10/25
    2016 Tour- MSG 5/1,5/2 FENWAY 8/5,8/7
    2018 Tour- Fenway 9/2, 9/4 (My 40th show)!
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPROPosts: 135,667
    ragejoe wrote:
    haha..man,i can talk about bootlegs,and shows and songs and version..like forever..

    best band ever!! :) ;)


    Thats awesome dimitris i was thinking that exact same thing as i was reading these and then read yours

    I love this band so much and have so much respect for them... How a band of their caliber has managed to make almost every single individual one of their shows unique and special... it just blows my mind... And I honestly..think they get better and better every tour... Im not one of those people who only like the first 10 years, I would rather see a movie based on the years 2000-current than the old half...

    Their tours and shows and setlists get better and more predictable each year I think... and Ed really , the way he continues to put so much effort in his/their relationship with us is unimaginable in Pop/Rock music these days!

    OK... Back to the Bootlegs...

    I gotta say when I think about the 2005 & 2011 Canadian tours... if you really look at all the shows and setlists from those 2 tours.. .I think they are 2 of their most consistent tours ever as far as exceptional shows almost every night.

    As a 10c member and active fan who appreciates everything the band does and all the friendships i have formed with you guys... Its hard not to feel like Amsterdam 2 2012 isnt as special as any other show ever...
    hello there!!!i agree so much with what you said..
    every show is special,and has something you can love so much!!!!:)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IAPosts: 5,533
    YLed2 wrote:
    Atlanta 2012
    Very biased here, but I hate to say that this is one of the best sounding, if not the best, boots of all 2012. The 2012 had some epic shows and I think the quality of the 2012 boots is best of all, and this boot might be the best sounding boot of them all. Typical festival set list that everyone rolls their eyes at, but the performance is top notch from the band and they are extremely tight. Great energy from the crowd as well as the band. Biased again, but I'm able to scratch an item off my bucket list because you can clearly hear me in the boot - when Ed first addresses the crowd and talking for a bit, you can clearly hear me scream "McCREADYYYYYYY!!!!!". I was rail in front of Mike and was yelling at him the entire night, as well as Matt. Got the point, smile, and thumbs up numerous times from both of them.

    God damn, listening to this boot right now and it's so good. Opening punch to the drum kit of Why Go just gets things going. Really good fucking boot......deserves much more love around the forums. Gets looked over because of the set list. Such a tight show and fucking great energy in front of 60,000+ people. Great night, they were on fire.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

  • TamaDrummer91TamaDrummer91 VAPosts: 1,152
    YLed2 wrote:
    YLed2 wrote:
    Atlanta 2012
    Very biased here, but I hate to say that this is one of the best sounding, if not the best, boots of all 2012. The 2012 had some epic shows and I think the quality of the 2012 boots is best of all, and this boot might be the best sounding boot of them all. Typical festival set list that everyone rolls their eyes at, but the performance is top notch from the band and they are extremely tight. Great energy from the crowd as well as the band. Biased again, but I'm able to scratch an item off my bucket list because you can clearly hear me in the boot - when Ed first addresses the crowd and talking for a bit, you can clearly hear me scream "McCREADYYYYYYY!!!!!". I was rail in front of Mike and was yelling at him the entire night, as well as Matt. Got the point, smile, and thumbs up numerous times from both of them.

    God damn, listening to this boot right now and it's so good. Opening punch to the drum kit of Why Go just gets things going. Really good fucking boot......deserves much more love around the forums. Gets looked over because of the set list. Such a tight show and fucking great energy in front of 60,000+ people. Great night, they were on fire.

    Damn right. Seems Pensacola got all the love. Nonetheless, it's always striked me as something very interesting when Boyo79 has mentioned several times around here that on paper he thought deluna would be a far superior show to Atlanta and listened to both boots. He loved Atlanta and was surprised, but was left underwhelmed by Pensacola. I really dig both shows and the boots are played often on my phone. Always wanted to know your two cents on Pensacola 2012, Yled2 and how the boot compares to atl boot; being as least biased as possible. Do you feel you missed out on what some on the board called the show of NA last year?
    2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

    For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    Thx for opening this thread because there is so much wisdom here that needs to be studied tightly. Since I also have some of 2000-2003 boots now, I do not read these infos anymore with jealousy but with new-found interest. :)

    As dimi said, smtg should be done to prevent this thread being lost from all those dogcollar, dating service or pictures of eddie looking hot threads.

    Thank God someone mentioned Berlin 2, 2012. IMO, it was a great show that I've been to and I thought it would be always overshadowed with Amsterdam shows of last year.
    I think you are all slightly nuts and I LOVE it!!! I have a bunch of newly acquired boots to listen to thx to an awesome 10c member and am enjoying reading your conversation and plan to use you all as guidance as I dive into this unimaginable sea of bootlegs at my finger tips. Keep talkin'.... I'm listening and am a very good student. :lol: I'm having a blast!
    What's your part, who you are?

    2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IAPosts: 5,533
    YLed2 wrote:
    YLed2 wrote:
    Atlanta 2012
    Very biased here, but I hate to say that this is one of the best sounding, if not the best, boots of all 2012. The 2012 had some epic shows and I think the quality of the 2012 boots is best of all, and this boot might be the best sounding boot of them all. Typical festival set list that everyone rolls their eyes at, but the performance is top notch from the band and they are extremely tight. Great energy from the crowd as well as the band. Biased again, but I'm able to scratch an item off my bucket list because you can clearly hear me in the boot - when Ed first addresses the crowd and talking for a bit, you can clearly hear me scream "McCREADYYYYYYY!!!!!". I was rail in front of Mike and was yelling at him the entire night, as well as Matt. Got the point, smile, and thumbs up numerous times from both of them.

    God damn, listening to this boot right now and it's so good. Opening punch to the drum kit of Why Go just gets things going. Really good fucking boot......deserves much more love around the forums. Gets looked over because of the set list. Such a tight show and fucking great energy in front of 60,000+ people. Great night, they were on fire.

    Damn right. Seems Pensacola got all the love. Nonetheless, it's always striked me as something very interesting when Boyo79 has mentioned several times around here that on paper he thought deluna would be a far superior show to Atlanta and listened to both boots. He loved Atlanta and was surprised, but was left underwhelmed by Pensacola. I really dig both shows and the boots are played often on my phone. Always wanted to know your two cents on Pensacola 2012, Yled2 and how the boot compares to atl boot; being as least biased as possible. Do you feel you missed out on what some on the board called the show of NA last year?

    Really, and without trying to sound as biased as possible - I really truly do feel Atlanta is one of the top, if not the best boot of 2012. The quality of all the 2012 boots are the best in my opinion and top notch, but there is something different on the Atlanta boot where it sounds better. It's just a great boot. By far the best part of that show and boot is the opening three song sequence Why Go > Save You > Animal. The set list isn't anything special, but it flows so great and the band was super tight that night. I like the Deluna boot as well, and the set list is great especially for a festival, but there's something about that boot that sounds off a little bit and they don't sound as tight. But damn, what a show to have been at seeing PJ right on the beach. In my opinion, Missoula is a far better boot than Deluna. Missoula is another one of my favorites from 2012 and it sounds great and obviously was a great show.

    I am 100% sure that whenever those Alpine boots are released, and with all the time they are taking I hope they are mixed and mastered to perfection, that they will for sure find their way in my top 10. I really hope those boots capture the energy from the crowd and band. There were a lot of special things going through the air those two nights and I hope the boots captures it.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

  • ragejoeragejoe Agawam MassPosts: 1,406
    boyo79 wrote:
    I'm just going to go with each tour. I have a marking system on my bootleg spreadsheet now so I can remember my favourite boots.

    2000 - St Louis, Albuquerque, Sacramento, Portland, Seattle II. I need to listen to Europe and US leg 1 again cos I wasn't using my marking system last time I listened to them!! Though I do remember enjoying Oslo.

    2003 - Alot still to listen to here, whilst I've been finishing off the set I've put off listening to the new ones I've acquired. But I do enjoy Sydney I, Adelaide, Melbourne I, Osaka, Denver, Buffalo, Dallas, Bonner Springs, Detroit I and Holmdel as well as Mansfield III.

    2005 - Some cracking shows here, pity I can't remember them all but London, both St Johns and Philly were great. Still to listen to the SA shows.

    2006 - Currently listening to this tour in show order, finished Antwerp today. Highlights so far are Grand Rapids, Boston II, East Rutherford II, San Diego, San Francisco II, Gorge I and Arnhem. Remember the Italian shows being great and the Newcastle show also.

    2008 - Bonnaroo, Virginia Beach, Camden I and MSG 1.

    2009 - From what I've heard, Calgary, San Diego, Melbourne, Sydney and Christchurch

    2010 - Cleveland, Hartford, Boston, Newark. Still to listen to the Euro tour.

    2011 - Only heard the SA tour so its Curitiba, Porto Alegre and Lima.

    2012 - Both Manchester shows, Arras, Oslo, Copenhagen and Atlanta

    You had a good catch in your group... that Japan 2003 tour was amazing setlist wise... it was just weird crowds and not alot for ed to say really but the setlists were phenomenal... I kind of feel like on the 03 tour they really loosend up too kind of the way they are now and the past few years... Ed loosend up alot on the 03 tour... more upbeat i thought in his words and the sets and the creativeness
    1998 Tour- Hartford 9/13
    2000 Tour- Saratoga 8/27 Boston 8/29, 8/30
    2003 Tour- Albany 4/29 Boston 7/2,7/3,7/11 Philadelphia 7/5,7/6 MSG 7/8,7/9
    2004 Tour-
    Boston 9/28,9/29
    2006 Tour-
    Albany 5/12 Hartford 5/13 Boston 5/24,5/25
    2008 Tour-
    MSG 6/24,6/25 Hartford 6/27 Boston 6/28,6/30 Eddie- Boston 8/1
    2009 Tour-
    Eddie- Albany 6/9 Philly Spectrum- 10/30, 10/31
    2010 Tour-
    Hartford 5/15 MSG 5/20,5/21
    2011 Tour-
    Eddie- Hartford 6/18
    2013 Tour- Worcester,MA 10/15,10/16 Hartford 10/25
    2016 Tour- MSG 5/1,5/2 FENWAY 8/5,8/7
    2018 Tour- Fenway 9/2, 9/4 (My 40th show)!
  • TamaDrummer91TamaDrummer91 VAPosts: 1,152
    YLed2 wrote:
    YLed2 wrote:
    Atlanta 2012

    Really, and without trying to sound as biased as possible - I really truly do feel Atlanta is one of the top, if not the best boot of 2012. The quality of all the 2012 boots are the best in my opinion and top notch, but there is something different on the Atlanta boot where it sounds better. It's just a great boot. By far the best part of that show and boot is the opening three song sequence Why Go > Save You > Animal. The set list isn't anything special, but it flows so great and the band was super tight that night. I like the Deluna boot as well, and the set list is great especially for a festival, but there's something about that boot that sounds off a little bit and they don't sound as tight. But damn, what a show to have been at seeing PJ right on the beach. In my opinion, Missoula is a far better boot than Deluna. Missoula is another one of my favorites from 2012 and it sounds great and obviously was a great show.

    I am 100% sure that whenever those Alpine boots are released, and with all the time they are taking I hope they are mixed and mastered to perfection, that they will for sure find their way in my top 10. I really hope those boots capture the energy from the crowd and band. There were a lot of special things going through the air those two nights and I hope the boots captures it.

    Interesting insights. Hopefully one day the alpine boots will be released, I'm anxious to hear them. I've went through a spell where I've done my best to look outside the box so to speak at how I view the Atlanta boot. Basically trying very hard to analyze it from a perspective as if I did not attend the show and just judge the boot as i do others. To echo your thoughts, it's hard not love that show. The beauty of live unedited shows is not the fact mistakes are made, being sloppy is never worthy of praise, but rather sometimes mistakes can bring a new element to a song. At Atlanta for instance, Stones guitar rig dying during the second half if Why Go really puts a strong emphasis on the rhythm section of the song. Jeff's bass lines, along with Matt's strong accents on the main beat, gives the song a different feel that's very interesting. Jeff carries that song, so this type of technical error may be viewed as a positive rather than a negative.

    I love the Pensacola boot and found Missoula to be solid, but I don't feel either are technically really better of a bootleg than Atlanta and I think we both can present a strong case to support that opinion, rather than just pointing to setlists. I bring this up so often because both Pensacola and Atlanta are very unappreciated, especially Atlanta. I listen to these boots all the time now and feel its us seeing/hearing the band at a point where they are so happy and play very well.
    2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

    For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • ladydocNYCladydocNYC Posts: 628
    I don't even know you, dmitiri, but you just set my listening list for awhile. NY2 98 is my favorite ever, and Amsterdam2 12, and Toronto 9/11/11 are probably next. I call those "shows that changed my life even though I wasn't even there."
  • ladydocNYCladydocNYC Posts: 628
    [1998-07-02 St. Louis, MO
    This was just such a cool show. Unique, varied set list. Oceans as opener, Brain of J, I Got Shit, ect. Just awesome.[/quote]

    Interesting factoid about this show-- as I posted on another thread, for some reason last night I got obsessed with the question of when did the crowd take over Better Man? I went through systematically everything I could find and as far as I can tell, though it builds over 2003 (and never really happened before that anything like the way it does now), St Louis was the first show I could find where Ed doesn't sing or say a word at the beginning, it's all audience, just the guitar then the audience starting up. Other shows he usually either says "you sing it" or he sings at least the first few words himself.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPROPosts: 135,667
    ladydocNYC wrote:
    I don't even know you, dmitiri, but you just set my listening list for awhile. NY2 98 is my favorite ever, and Amsterdam2 12, and Toronto 9/11/11 are probably next. I call those "shows that changed my life even though I wasn't even there."
    never late to meet!!glad u love this shows too..are so many and amazing moments!!
    cheers!!have fun
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • I think that Buenos Aires 2011 and Berlin 2012 must be in the top ten, but the best ever is Verona 2006 (the one with release at the start of twenty) so, this is my top ten
    10 Torino, Italy 2006 (they play the full avocados one!!!!)
    9 Boston, USA 1994 (The crew decide the set list!!!!)
    8 Manchester, Tennessee 2008
    7 Venice, Italy 2009
    6 Amsterdam, Holland 2012 (The second night)
    5 Madison Square Garden, New York 2009
    4 Adelaide, Australia 2006 (The first night)
    3 Buenos Aires, Argentina 2011
    2 Berlin, Germany 2012 (The first night)
    1 Verona, Italy 2006
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPROPosts: 135,667
    I
    7 Venice, Italy 2009
    2010 :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New JerseyPosts: 17,027
    I think that Buenos Aires 2011 and Berlin 2012 must be in the top ten, but the best ever is Verona 2006 (the one with release at the start of twenty) so, this is my top ten
    5 Madison Square Garden, New York 2009
    1 Verona, Italy 2006

    msg, new york 2010 :D

    it's all good
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • FlyingwFlyingw BrantfordPosts: 435
    I just redeemed some bootleg coupons with the recommendations from many of you. Picked up Philadelphia 4, Berlin 2010, and Buenos Aries 2011. Thanks for all the great input. It would be great to have a dynamic list of the top bootlegs purchased off this site. With filters for All time, This year, this month... Should be easy enough to incorporate into the website. Can wait to listen...well I'm not.
    How many sleeps until PJ in London?!!
    Aug 18/93 Toronto, May 9/06 Toronto, Sept 11/11 Toronto, Sept 15/11 Hamilton,
    July 16/13 London, Oct 12/13 Buffalo, Oct 17/14 Detroit,
    April 8/16, Ft. Lauderdale, April 9/16 Miami, May 8/16 Ottawa, May 10/16 Toronto
    May 11/16 Toronto, Aug 20/16 Wrigley, Aug 22/16 Wrigley, TOTD Nov 5/16 Philly
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 3,577
    ladydocNYC wrote:
    [1998-07-02 St. Louis, MO
    This was just such a cool show. Unique, varied set list. Oceans as opener, Brain of J, I Got Shit, ect. Just awesome.

    Interesting factoid about this show-- as I posted on another thread, for some reason last night I got obsessed with the question of when did the crowd take over Better Man? I went through systematically everything I could find and as far as I can tell, though it builds over 2003 (and never really happened before that anything like the way it does now), St Louis was the first show I could find where Ed doesn't sing or say a word at the beginning, it's all audience, just the guitar then the audience starting up. Other shows he usually either says "you sing it" or he sings at least the first few words himself.[/quote]


    Very cool! Weird too, this just came on my Ipod yesterday and I thought about your thread not realizing this was done that long ago.
  • YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IAPosts: 5,533
    The Vault #3 may have creeped its way into my top 10 - it's that good of a boot. I can't say enough how pleased I've been with the Vault releases thus far.

    It's awful tough leaving Berlin 2010 out though, it's another great one.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

  • gobr0309gobr0309 Posts: 83
    bonnaroo 2008
  • gunter1976gunter1976 Posts: 582
    Damn fine thread. Marked for future reference, and I will post 10 of my favorite bootlegs soon.
    "...Bring it back someway bring it back, back, back... To the clean form, to the pure form..."

    anothersievefistedfind.tumblr.com
  • BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,018
    Hello,

    Could someone please point me in the direction of where to find a solid/the best sounding '95 Soldier Field bootleg?

    I had downloaded one copy years ago and I was not really pleased with the sound. I expected it to be similar in sound quality to the '98 Melbourne or the '94 Atlanta bootlegs and the one I found wasn't. Is the best sounding '95 Soldier Field bootleg just not as good sounding as the two aforementioned bootlegs?

    Thank you for your time and efforts.
  • RoeghmannRoeghmann Posts: 949
    edited December 2014
    In No particular order.....But my favorite boot are the ones from the shows I was at!
    London 02 - 2009
    Berlin - 2010
    Copenhagen -2012
    Katowice - 2000
    Philly - 2005
    The Vic - 2007
    Berlin - 2006
    Berlin - 2014
    Atlanta - 1994
    Philly III - 2009
    Post edited by Roeghmann on
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh see the world.
  • msjpearsonmsjpearson Posts: 97
    I've enjoyed back-reading this thread. I went with Atlanta 2012 for my afternoon listening pleasure.
  • Hello! What an awesome thread. This is my first post in years. I also haven't listened to a lot of shows in a while, as I went on exploring all kinds of different music. Recently though I have been rediscovering a lot of great PJ shows. Mostly I've started by listening to all of the 2000 shows. What an awesome tour. I must admit that I haven't heard many from the last few years, apart from the shows I attended. At any rate, I'll do my best to point out standout ones:

    2000 - Where to start? Maybe not as tight as '06 and more recent shows, but great varied setlists; good representation of what now might be considered their 'middle material' (No Code, Yield, Binaural), and possibly the most psychedelic sounding of all their tours. I miss the vibe of Nothing As It Seems; the way it was played, and the fact that it was played often and whatnot. Today, on the other hand, they'll play a huge portion of Ten, yet gloss over entire albums. Anyhoo: Cardiff, Katowice II, Tampa, Jones Beach III, and Boise might be my favs. Milan, Verona, Columbus, Chicago, D.C., St. Louis, San Diego, Detroit, and Seattle I and II are great too. There are more (especially from Europe), but it's been a while....

    2003 - Again, I'm very fond of this tour. Buffalo, Irvine I, Sydney II, Lexington, Bonner Springs, Missoula, Boston III, the Japan shows. Also Perth, Mexico City I and III, St. Louis, MSG II, and so on....

    2005 - Lotta good ones. Calgary's crowds, though polite, are often somewhat lame. The energy in that building that night was incredible. Great show. Also: Gorge (somewhat sloppy yet special), Ottawa, London, Philly. Winnipeg and a good chunk of the Latin American shows were great. I really, really, really, REALLY wish they'd release these boots in lossloss. I don't know about y'all's ears, but these shows sound even crappier to me than they did back in '05. There is ZERO reason to use MP3s today, or in recent years, given the ubiquity of cheap bandwidth and fast connections, as well as how inexpensive storage is.

    2006 - Wow. Great tour. Tight as ever, I'd say. Gorge I, Portland, San Diego, Pistoia, Grand Rapids, Torino, for a start.

    2008 - Bonnaroo. Of the 13 shows of theirs I've been fortunate enough to attend, I wouldn't necessarily put this one at the top, but it was a great show, and it was part of one of the absolute best days (and weekends) of my life.

    2011 - Edmonton was great. Calgary wasn't bad either.

    Other random nominees: Vancouver '09, Soldier Field, D.C. '98.

    Update: Upon looking at setlists from recent shows, it looks like they're really changing 'em up more than they were in say, 2009.
    05/30/03 Van, 09/01/05 Gorge, 09/02/05 Van, 09/04/05 Cal, 09/05/05 Ed, 09/07/05 S'toon, 09/08/05 'Peg, 07/22&23/06 Gorge, 06/14/08 'Roo, 08/08/09 Cal, 09/21/11 Cal, 09/23/11 Ed, 12/02/13 Cal
  • YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IAPosts: 5,533
    Hello! What an awesome thread. This is my first post in years. I also haven't listened to a lot of shows in a while, as I went on exploring all kinds of different music. Recently though I have been rediscovering a lot of great PJ shows. Mostly I've started by listening to all of the 2000 shows. What an awesome tour. I must admit that I haven't heard many from the last few years, apart from the shows I attended. At any rate, I'll do my best to point out standout ones:

    2000 - Where to start? Maybe not as tight as '06 and more recent shows, but great varied setlists; good representation of what now might be considered their 'middle material' (No Code, Yield, Binaural), and possibly the most psychedelic sounding of all their tours. I miss the vibe of Nothing As It Seems; the way it was played, and the fact that it was played often and whatnot. Today, on the other hand, they'll play a huge portion of Ten, yet gloss over entire albums. Anyhoo: Cardiff, Katowice II, Tampa, Jones Beach III, and Boise might be my favs. Milan, Verona, Columbus, Chicago, D.C., St. Louis, San Diego, Detroit, and Seattle I and II are great too. There are more (especially from Europe), but it's been a while....

    2003 - Again, I'm very fond of this tour. Buffalo, Irvine I, Sydney II, Lexington, Bonner Springs, Missoula, Boston III, the Japan shows. Also Perth, Mexico City I and III, St. Louis, MSG II, and so on....

    2005 - Lotta good ones. Calgary's crowds, though polite, are often somewhat lame. The energy in that building that night was incredible. Great show. Also: Gorge (somewhat sloppy yet special), Ottawa, London, Philly. Winnipeg and a good chunk of the Latin American shows were great. I really, really, really, REALLY wish they'd release these boots in lossloss. I don't know about y'all's ears, but these shows sound even crappier to me than they did back in '05. There is ZERO reason to use MP3s today, or in recent years, given the ubiquity of cheap bandwidth and fast connections, as well as how inexpensive storage is.

    2006 - Wow. Great tour. Tight as ever, I'd say. Gorge I, Portland, San Diego, Pistoia, Grand Rapids, Torino, for a start.

    2008 - Bonnaroo. Of the 13 shows of theirs I've been fortunate enough to attend, I wouldn't necessarily put this one at the top, but it was a great show, and it was part of one of the absolute best days (and weekends) of my life.

    2011 - Edmonton was great. Calgary wasn't bad either.

    Other random nominees: Vancouver '09, Soldier Field, D.C. '98.

    Update: Upon looking at setlists from recent shows, it looks like they're really changing 'em up more than they were in say, 2009.

    Thanks for making it back to provide some your thoughts on your favorite boots. I love hearing everyone's different takes and opinions on all kinds of boots. There are a ton of people on here who listen to boots rather religiously, and it's always great to have a forum for those of us to come together and share our opinions on our boot listening.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

  • I have stated in other threads I am listening to the boots in chronological order. I have only gotten to early '95 so far but I will post my finding. Now I have not listened to all shows but have listened to over 100 so far. Some sound quality was horrible on some of them but I listened through the whole thing anyway. It is definitely hard to rank them but I'll try.
    1990 - 10/22 - Obviously
    1992 - 6/8 (Pink Pop) & 6/18 (Zurich)
    1993 - 11/5 (Indio) & 11/30 (Las Vegas)
    1994 - 4/12 (Boston) & 4/2 & 4/3 (Atlanta)
    1995 - 1/8 (Monkeywrench Radio) & 2/5 & 2/6 (Seattle)
    "Not only do you have sunshine but you have better thunder...fuckers." -Ed, Phx 10/21/00
    PJ * 10/21/00 - Phx * 6/7/03 - Phx * 6/29/06 - Milwaukee * 6/30/06 - Milwaukee * 11/19/13 - Phx *
    EV * 11/4/12 - Phx, AZ *
Sign In or Register to comment.