Men Friends Questions???

Comments

• PJ_Soul wrote:
    We are just friends. Men and women can be just friends.
    This just isn't true.
    See the TV series "How I Met Your Mother" for proof.

...... oh my god ..... You are Robin!
    It can be true. My best friend in the world, who I've been friends with since I was 13, is a guy. I was the groomswoman at his wedding. He's like a brother to me. And I get along great with his wife and 2 kids as well. In fact, she dropped us off at the bar on my bday, and then picked him up from my place in the morning, where he passed out on my couch. She brought him a breakfast sandwich. ;) It is possible.... It's just rare!
    always an exception to every rule .
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    This just isn't true.

It can be true. My best friend in the world, who I've been friends with since I was 13, is a guy. I was the groomswoman at his wedding. He's like a brother to me. And I get along great with his wife and 2 kids as well. In fact, she dropped us off at the bar on my bday, and then picked him up from my place in the morning, where he passed out on my couch. She brought him a breakfast sandwich. ;) It is possible.... It's just rare!

Would he if given the opportunity?
    No. That would be like fucking his sister!
    We've been friends for 24 years. There has been plenty of opportunity. We go on trips alone together and stuff (when I'm not going on trips with him, his wife and kids, and/or his parents and brother). And no jealousy from our respective partners at any point in our friendship. When they see us together, they just know there is nothing to worry about. But I absolutely admit that it's a very rare and strange kind of relationship. I mean, I have really close friendships with guys several times, where I just really valued their friendship and nothing more... they always eventually fell in love with me (which sucks). I think that is more the norm.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    This just isn't true.

always an exception to every rule .
    True.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    RKCNDY wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Is this the person who nicknamed you 'Boobs'?
    No... that's my other close male friend, whose wife I'm also very close friends with. :lol: Okay, I have 2 examples!
  • STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    98 out 100 of my friends are male. I have 2 female friends. The brains work different. I generally clash with other females.

My first friend I haven't talked to in 14 months. She conned me into going to the mall. I agreed. We were there to buy perfume.

We must have gone to 60 stores. I smelled almost every thing for sale. Hours later... She decided to buy a bottle of her usual brand.

I don't get it? Later she bought me dinner. *scores.

Next time we went to the mall. I had to show up and act like we just bumped into each other to save her from her In laws. Every Halloween she would spend 3 months on the costume. I'd show up in mine. She had to change 4 more times and redo her make up for a few hours. Some times we missed the whole party.

Every Halloween she knows she wants to dress like a Sluk. She buys something else anyway and changes her mind.

My point is. She buys the exact same things over and over. She wears the same type of costume over and over. She knows what she likes. What are the extra hours for?

Guys are mostly at my pace. We are leaving a 9pm. They don't ask me if the eye shadow is a good match for their outfit.

I forget my point. I'm sorry. :oops:
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    STAYSEA wrote:
    98 out 100 of my friends are male. I have 2 female friends. The brains work different. I generally clash with other females.

My first friend I haven't talked to in 14 months. She conned me into going to the mall. I agreed. We were there to buy perfume.

We must have gone to 60 stores. I smelled almost every thing for sale. Hours later... She decided to buy a bottle of her usual brand.

Next time we went to the mall. I had to show up and act like we just bumped into each other to save her from her In laws. Every Halloween she would spend 3 months on the costume. I'd show up in mine. She had to change 4 more times and redo her make up for a few hours. Some times we missed the whole party.

Every Halloween she knows she wants to dress like a Sluk. She buys something else anyway and changes her mind.

My point is. She buys the exact same things over and over. She wears the same type of costume over and over. She knows what she likes. What are the extra hours for?

Guys are mostly at my pace. We are leaving a 9pm. They don't ask me if the eye shadow is a good match for their outfit.

I think your point was that you prefer guy friends over female friends. I'm the same way, though a guy friend had a girlfriend who was totally kick ass...she didn't care about the frilly prissy shit and she liked me! We were planning on having a 'girls night out' but then he got drunk and said some really mean things to her, so they broke up and I just feel weird to call her to hang out. (sorry to derail the thread supersonic!)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    STAYSEA wrote:
    I think he's clueless about looking good and since he's your friend he's hinting.

I've done this for a majority of my guy friends. They feel like a shiny new puppy.

Post his picture if he gives you the okay. I'll know more.

This was my point. He's hinting he needs your awesome female skills and advice. Do you feel uncomfortable telling him you think his hair would be cuter if he cut it or his mustache is a little much.

Some guys are afraid to admit this. If he's looking for women. You rarely get noticed in your uniform.
    If he's not biking, and he's socializing . Perhaps you should give him friendly helpful opinions. Keep it even by asking him to give you opinions on your style.

I told my buddy the 1980's called and they want their hair back. He accepted my opinion but he will never cut it. I saw a really old picture of him with a shaved head. I told him that looked better to me. He told me I look hot with my black frames and not the blue ones. I still wear my blue frames because the lenses are better.
    Just buddies.
    But if he's hinting he likes you that is a whole separate ball of wax.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    STAYSEA wrote:

you have 100 friends?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    No I was exaggerating. :lol: I have about 26.
  • RKCNDY wrote:
    STAYSEA wrote:

I think your point was that you prefer guy friends over female friends. I'm the same way, though a guy friend had a girlfriend who was totally kick ass...she didn't care about the frilly prissy shit and she liked me! We were planning on having a 'girls night out' but then he got drunk and said some really mean things to her, so they broke up and I just feel weird to call her to hang out. (sorry to derail the thread supersonic!)
    Maybe after some time passes you will be able to hang out with her.
    I have no problem being friends with guys, and I know what you all mean. I don't understand the ones that don't think it's possible. You don't have to be attracted to everyone. You can just be friends.
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I think it's the guy parts we wonder about ;)
    STAYSEA wrote:
    STAYSEA wrote:
    I think he's clueless about looking good and since he's your friend he's hinting.

I've done this for a majority of my guy friends. They feel like a shiny new puppy.

Post his picture if he gives you the okay. I'll know more.

This was my point. He's hinting he needs your awesome female skills and advice. Do you feel uncomfortable telling him you think his hair would be cuter if he cut it or his mustache is a little much.

Some guys are afraid to admit this. If he's looking for women. You rarely get noticed in your uniform.
    If he's not biking, and he's socializing . Perhaps you should give him friendly helpful opinions. Keep it even by asking him to give you opinions on your style.

I told my buddy the 1980's called and they want their hair back. He accepted my opinion but he will never cut it. I saw a really old picture of him with a shaved head. I told him that looked better to me. He told me I look hot with my black frames and not the blue ones. I still wear my blue frames because the lenses are better.
    Just buddies.
    But if he's hinting he likes you that is a whole separate ball of wax.

This was my point. to the OP.
    pandora wrote:
    Yep.
  • PJ_Soul wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    Yep.
    You mean for the guy you're with or attracted to, yes? :shifty:
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    Yep.
    :fp: Fuck, I got that mixed up! :lol: I thought she meant it's the guy half of the relationshipwe worry about because, you know, they want to do every girl. Harry was right. :lol:
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Or.... I guess I didn't :lol:
    I'm not sure I even know what's going on. :lol:
  • pandora wrote:
    I think it's the guy parts we wonder about. ;)
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Yep.
    supersonicyears wrote:

PJ_Soul wrote:
    I'm not sure I even know what's going on. :lol:
    What didn't you do? :think:
    I'm confused. Pandora can you clarify. :lol:
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378

I've read a lot of Greeklish that makes more sense...
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

I've read a lot of Greeklish that makes more sense...

I have a 6 year old here that might be able to help. shes asleep now but I shall ask her in the morning. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    so when is the first date :corn:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    depends on who you ask..... he thought it was a couple years ago :lol::lol:
  • 81 wrote:
    :nono: 81 don't make me come over there :fp:
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:
    :nono: 81 don't make me come over there :fp:

i'm free sunday, if that works for you.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    Say what??
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
    81 wrote:
    Say what??
    You know, that time when he asked you to go for drinks and you naively thought it was just a couple of friends having drinks together. But his diary entry was something like, "Dear Diary, Tonight went really well - I think she is finally coming around!" :lol:;);):D
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    You know, that time when he asked you to go for drinks and you naively thought it was just a couple of friends having drinks together. But his diary entry was something like, "Dear Diary, Tonight went really well - I think she is finally coming around!" :lol:;);):D

Ow owww

:lol:
  • PJ_Soul wrote:
    Say what??
    this^

and perfectly stated.

odds are his boys think y'all are in a real casual relationship :lol:
  • PJ_Soul wrote:

this^

and perfectly stated.

odds are his boys think y'all are in a real casual relationship :lol:
    :fp: No
    Haven't any of you men on this board been friends with women?

:
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • :fp: No
    Haven't any of you men on this board been friends with women?

:

I am just giving you shit ..... and i have been friends with women - after i slept with them and it wasn't awesome :lol::lol::lol: