81 wrote:
    Maybe if he used Old Spice?

does anybody actually use that?

I won't anymore...
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889

Good thinking.
    070810_old_spice_boat_t.jpg
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    If he is indeed not into you, his next question might be, "do these chaps make my ass look fat?"
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Maybe if he used Old Spice?
    :lol: No
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408

Or Axe. That's apparently for the younger crowd. :D
    6a00d834519bc269e20120a64ed7ef970b-300wi
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    shower wash stuff good?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,460
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    81 wrote:

I won't anymore...

:lol:
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• rick1zoo2 wrote:
    81 wrote:

I won't anymore...
    I think people still do. :think:
    Not even if he wore Aqua Velva Ice Blue aftershave. I don't think anyone wears that one anymore.
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    leather vest & doo-rag head thing. pins & medals. nice. chain wallet? tattoos? greasy oily hands? dirty fingernails? holes in the crotch & ass of his jeans? hair has been wash recently?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I recently watched a doc on Bikers...their way of life is basically to treat women like a lower class, so in essence your friend is likely turning women off by his 'gruff' appearance.

You know he's a nice guy, but unfortunately we live in a society where we judge people based on looks, so the ladies he wants to talk to don't know he's a nice guy.

Maybe if he didn't wear the do rag and vest, he might have a little bit better luck.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293

Good stuff
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    tell him..to

wake up..wake up young man.,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!its fuckin - G time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    Ok, I have a question for the men here. I went down to the local bar after shopping last night and sat with someone I recently became friends with. He said he's upset because he's having a hard time attracting the kind of girls he likes and asks me to tell him how he appears to me and what he should do. Whenever I've seen him he dresses in jeans, shirt, leather biker vest complete with harley davidson logo and his medals from the military. He has long hair and wears one of those doo rag thingy's. I tell him he's a nice guy, looks like a biker so he will definately attract biker girls. He gets upset and says you think I look like a biker? I wear this because I ride my motorcycle. I said yes I know that. He said, what do I need to change my appearance. I told him no, to be himself and the right girl will come along. He was still a bit upset by what I said????? Do you guys not want the honest answer to the questions you ask? :?

Offer to take him clothes shopping and have him try on a few things you think would look good on him.

They are guys and not like us girls. They don't have the support . Shopping is a lost concept and they get scared. He will feel comfortable having a few things to wear or a few grooming tips from you when he wants to feel attractive.
  • STAYSEA wrote:
    Ok, I have a question for the men here. I went down to the local bar after shopping last night and sat with someone I recently became friends with. He said he's upset because he's having a hard time attracting the kind of girls he likes and asks me to tell him how he appears to me and what he should do. Whenever I've seen him he dresses in jeans, shirt, leather biker vest complete with harley davidson logo and his medals from the military. He has long hair and wears one of those doo rag thingy's. I tell him he's a nice guy, looks like a biker so he will definately attract biker girls. He gets upset and says you think I look like a biker? I wear this because I ride my motorcycle. I said yes I know that. He said, what do I need to change my appearance. I told him no, to be himself and the right girl will come along. He was still a bit upset by what I said????? Do you guys not want the honest answer to the questions you ask? :?

Offer to take him clothes shopping and have him try on a few things you think would look good on him.

They are guys and not like us girls. They don't have the support . Shopping is a lost concept and they get scared. He will feel comfortable having a few things to wear or a few grooming tips from you when he wants to feel attractive.
    I just can't do that. He said he supposedly has less bikerish clothes to wear. He just doesn't choose to wear them a lot. I think maybe he should just be himself, what makes him feel comfortable. There's someone for everyone and when he least expects it, the right girl that likes him for who he is will come along.
    Everyone's different in this world and that's good.
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
    STAYSEA wrote:

I just can't do that. He said he supposedly has less bikerish clothes to wear. He just doesn't choose to wear them a lot. I think maybe he should just be himself, what makes him feel comfortable. There's someone for everyone and when he least expects it, the right girl that likes him for who he is will come along.
    Everyone's different in this world and that's good.
    I agree. Does he really want to find a woman who finds the way he likes to dress off-putting?? I think not. He has to wait for someone who will take him just the way he is IMO.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    I think he's clueless about looking good and since he's your friend he's hinting.

I've done this for a majority of my guy friends. They feel like a shiny new puppy.

Post his picture if he gives you the okay. I'll know more.
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    He gets upset and says you think I look like a biker? I wear this because I ride my motorcycle.

:wtf:
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    did someone say ... pictures zl991f.gif
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    pandora wrote:

:lol::lol:
  • STAYSEA wrote:

I would take a hammer to my own nuts before i did this...... #justsaying
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,365

Supersonicyears,

This dude is definitely into you. He most likely got upset when you said, "the right girl will come along". He is hoping YOU are the right girl for him.
    old-biker-arms.jpg
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    old-biker-arms.jpg

he''s wearing a really wrinkly long-sleeved tan shirt right,

RIGHT?! :shock:

• Supersonicyears,

This dude is definitely into you. He most likely got upset when you said, "the right girl will come along". He is hoping YOU are the right girl for him.
    :fp: He got upset about me saying he looks like a biker. I'm not the girl for him. We are just friends. Men and women can be just friends.
    pandora wrote:

:lol: Youare all a trip. :lol: No pictures.
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • We are just friends. Men and women can be just friends.
    This just isn't true.
    See the TV series "How I Met Your Mother" for proof.

...... oh my god ..... You are Robin!
  • We are just friends. Men and women can be just friends.
    This just isn't true.

Only if Eddie thinks his Dad is Bob Barker. ;)
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
    We are just friends. Men and women can be just friends.
    This just isn't true.

It can be true. My best friend in the world, who I've been friends with since I was 13, is a guy. I was the groomswoman at his wedding. He's like a brother to me. And I get along great with his wife and 2 kids as well. In fact, she dropped us off at the bar on my bday, and then picked him up from my place in the morning, where he passed out on my couch. She brought him a breakfast sandwich. ;) It is possible.... It's just rare!
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    We are just friends. Men and women can be just friends.
    This just isn't true.

It can be true. My best friend in the world, who I've been friends with since I was 13, is a guy. I was the groomswoman at his wedding. He's like a brother to me. And I get along great with his wife and 2 kids as well. In fact, she dropped us off at the bar on my bday, and then picked him up from my place in the morning, where he passed out on my couch. She brought him a breakfast sandwich. ;) It is possible.... It's just rare!

Would he if given the opportunity?
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Is this the person who nicknamed you 'Boobs'?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless