Men Friends Questions???

supersonicyearssupersonicyears Posts: 2,619
edited April 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Ok, I have a question for the men here. I went down to the local bar after shopping last night and sat with someone I recently became friends with. He said he's upset because he's having a hard time attracting the kind of girls he likes and asks me to tell him how he appears to me and what he should do. Whenever I've seen him he dresses in jeans, shirt, leather biker vest complete with harley davidson logo and his medals from the military. He has long hair and wears one of those doo rag thingy's. I tell him he's a nice guy, looks like a biker so he will definately attract biker girls. He gets upset and says you think I look like a biker? I wear this because I ride my motorcycle. I said yes I know that. He said, what do I need to change my appearance. I told him no, to be himself and the right girl will come along. He was still a bit upset by what I said????? Do you guys not want the honest answer to the questions you ask? :?
"In the age of darkness
want to be enlightened"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i know the answers, so i don't the question. :mrgreen:

but yeah...i want honest answers...

perhaps he was trying to ascertain if you had any interest in him.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    ^^^ oh good answer didn't think of that 81

I was just going to say honest answers pretty much no one wants and I wonder
    what kind of girls he wants ...
    he also sounds hot to me :D
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    tell him to just give up and enjoy the freedom
  • 81 wrote:

That's good. :lol:

He knows I just want to be friends with him.
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    81 wrote:

That's good. :lol:

He knows I just want to be friends with him.

Tell him skinny jeans and salmon colored fitted shirts are all the rage.
  • jasonjason Posts: 468
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276

it appears you will be well prepared for chicago.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • pandora wrote:

I tried asking what kind of girls he's looking for but he didn't really give me an answer because he kept talking about what I had said. :?
    Do you think my answer was harsh? :?
    Pandora, if you weren't already taken, I would hook you two up.
    Got any sisters? ;)
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • 81 wrote:

stay out of my closet ..... wait .... there is a joke here somewhere
    81 wrote:

I will round it all off with thong mandals.
  • in response to the OP - i have found when people ask for advice - or insight - if you tell the truth (often not what they WANT to hear) they will initially balk at your response, but later be thankful for it.
  • jason wrote:
    :lol: I don't think that would work. He's not going to Wrigley to my knowledge. He's seems more into classic hard rock.
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
    in response to the OP - i have found when people ask for advice - or insight - if you tell the truth (often not what they WANT to hear) they will initially balk at your response, but later be thankful for it.

THIS
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    pandora wrote:

I tried asking what kind of girls he's looking for but he didn't really give me an answer because he kept talking about what I had said. :?
    Do you think my answer was harsh? :?
    Pandora, if you weren't already taken, I would hook you two up.
    Got any sisters? ;)
    :D I do like it when JB dresses like that, I bought him a rad do rag with a painted eagle it 8-)

I have two sisters, old enough to be his Mom though and I think their motorcycle days are over
    I know mine are and I'm the youngest. :lol:

No I don't think your answer was harsh at all, I think people rarely see themselves as they are.
    But I bet he is thinking much about what you said and he may want to change his style
    to attract the women of his dreams. Maybe another conversation.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    If he doesn't think he looks like a biker with a leather vest and a doo rag, then I don't think any answer is going to help him.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    JK_Livin wrote:
    If he doesn't think he looks like a biker with a leather vest and a doo rag, then I don't think any answer is going to help him.

^^^ This, tell him to clean up his act! Girls like bad boys, but not dirt bags.
    JK_Livin wrote:

This reminds me of a joke:

What's the difference between a Harley and a Hoover?

A Hoover has the dirt bag on the inside.

Thank you, thank you.
  • SG64159SG64159 Posts: 18
    i was going to say, oh what was that? something eddie said way back and still every now and then...

"... i can't help myself, don't talk to me." :oops:

-willy
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    he dresses in jeans, shirt, leather biker vest complete with harley davidson logo and his medals from the military. He has long hair and wears one of those doo rag thingy's. I tell him he's a nice guy, looks like a biker so he will definately attract biker girls. He gets upset and says you think I look like a biker? I wear this because I ride my motorcycle.

:fp: :fp:

Confusing. I think 81 was right. And this:

:lol::lol:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • JK_Livin wrote:

He's not a dirt bag. I don't think dressing like a biker makes you a dirt bag. He said he only dresses like that when he rides his bike but he rides his bike most of the time. :?
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    JK_Livin wrote:

He's not a dirt bag. I don't think dressing like a biker makes you a dirt bag. He said he only dresses like that when he rides his bike but he rides his bike most of the time. :?

Some time you have to be cruel to kind, perhaps dirt bag was harsh, but clean cut will give him more opportunities.
    IMO
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    JK_Livin wrote:

I'm not saying he is a dirt bag. It's an obvious association people make that he's a biker based on how he's dressed. Just like if he wore tights and one of those Death Star helmets, he'd look like a different kind of biker.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • JK_Livin wrote:
    [

I'm not saying he is a dirt bag. It's an obvious association people make that he's a biker based on how he's dressed. Just like if he wore tights and one of those Death Star helmets, he'd look like a different kind of biker.
    :lol:
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    I tell him he's a nice guy, looks like a biker so he will definitely attract biker girls. He gets upset and says you think I look like a biker?

no, you look like a ballerina :roll: :? :lol:
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,424
    Just my opinion.

The Whole Biker Look?

Give me a fucking break. Leather vests and doo rags?
    I have always found the "Biker Look" to be utterly fucking ridiclous.
    Many a time I have been out and about, and 5-10 bikers will roll in to the bar, all sporting their matching leather vests, their matching leather gloves, their matching leather boots, etc.

And it always just cracks me the fuck up.

Easy tough guy.
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • this should work for him
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS1aTV27rYMJDyUQc5jJFmK4PBrLzXgzQo7RXRCYUC1ieJHhN8n
    Just my opinion.

The Whole Biker Look?

Many a time I have been out and about, and 5-10 bikers will roll in to the bar, all sporting their matching leather vests, their matching leather gloves, their matching leather boots, etc.

Easy tough guy.

this

and does one need to wear this crap to ride a bike?

exactly
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,424
    norm wrote:
    Just my opinion.

The Whole Biker Look?

Easy tough guy.

this

and does one need to wear this crap to ride a bike?

exactly
    http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q= ... 7210180205

Im sorry.
    But this just cracks me the fuck up.

Easy Tough Guy.
    :lol::lol::lol:
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    wildhogs-64013441jpg-450859ffa5f01ff5.jpg
    :lol::lol::lol:

hey, if one wants to dress like that and are happy about it, more power to them

but if you're shocked that a large segment of women don't find it attractive don't act surprised...you look like a hells angel member :lol: