Options

Shows you couldn't believe you got tickets to?

124»

Comments

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    pearljim wrote:
    Pink Floyd - The Wall February 24th, 1980 (opening night) Nassau Coliseum!
    well if we are gonna go there...
    Rolling Stones Hartford Civic center 1981 2nd row

The tour was sponsored by Jovan musk and tix were $15.00 :lol::lol:
  • Options
    pulling69pulling69 KIAD Posts: 982
    PJ Wrigley
    3 of the 4 nights at the Spectrum in Philly(could have gotten the 1st day to do all 4 but did not want to take an entire week off from work) :lol:
    The Smashing Pumpkins finale show in Chicago
    The Smashing Pumpkins 1st "Arising" show in Detroit
    The Red Hot Chili Peppers show last week at the Fonda Theater in Hollywood...I live near DC 8-) and made the show
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • Options
    fsunoles30fsunoles30 Posts: 143
    Not PJ related, but I drove 2 hrs to the NCAA Mens basketball National Championship Louisville vs Michigan last Monday night. Took my son and was willing to shell out 300 for a pair of tix. After arriving and seeing that the cheapest seats were going for 360/piece, I gave up all hope but didn't tell my 7 yr old son that. About 2 hrs before tipoff, a guy walks up and hands me an envelope with a pair of tix in section 110 row 31. My immediate response was "I can't afford these(tix in lowers were going for 1500/piece). The guy said "take them, they are yours..I'm giving them to you and your son, enjoy the game". I almost cried . Seriously. The guy was the Assistant director for scouting for the Chicago White Sox. I offered him some cash, but he declined. This was truly a miracle. I sent him a kind email and intend to get him with a shirt or poster from the Wrigley show in July. I offered to take him to dinner while in Chicago, but he said he wouldn't be in town the week of the PJ show. Amazing. I hope my son never forgets that moment.
    BHAM 98
    BHAM 03
    ATLANTA 03
    LOLLA 07
    ROO 08
    EV SOLO Memphis
    EV SOLO ATL 1
    Music Midtown Speptember 22, 2012
    EV SOLO Memphis Nov. 21
    WRIGLEY FIELD JULY 19...and 20!!! 2013

I will light a match this morning so I won't be alone
  • Options
    63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    fsunoles30 wrote:
    Not PJ related, but I drove 2 hrs to the NCAA Mens basketball National Championship Louisville vs Michigan last Monday night. Took my son and was willing to shell out 300 for a pair of tix. After arriving and seeing that the cheapest seats were going for 360/piece, I gave up all hope but didn't tell my 7 yr old son that. About 2 hrs before tipoff, a guy walks up and hands me an envelope with a pair of tix in section 110 row 31. My immediate response was "I can't afford these(tix in lowers were going for 1500/piece). The guy said "take them, they are yours..I'm giving them to you and your son, enjoy the game". I almost cried . Seriously. The guy was the Assistant director for scouting for the Chicago White Sox. I offered him some cash, but he declined. This was truly a miracle. I sent him a kind email and intend to get him with a shirt or poster from the Wrigley show in July. I offered to take him to dinner while in Chicago, but he said he wouldn't be in town the week of the PJ show. Amazing. I hope my son never forgets that moment.

Dude that is one of the coolest stories ever. :D
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    Elderly ManElderly Man Posts: 235
    Irving Plaza
    MSG 2 - 03
    Ed Sullivan Theater - 06
    Irving Plaza - 06
    Albany - 06
    Hartford - 06
    East Rutherford 1 & 2 - 06
    San Francisco 1 & 2 - 06
    Bonnaroo - 08
    MSG 1 & 2 - 08
    Hartford - 08
    Mansfield 1 - 08
  • Options
    Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,239
    Great thread!! Here are my shows (in no particular order):

Benaroya Hall 2003 - I was going to be in a meeting when the tickets went on sale and with the venue only holding 2,500 people I just knew it would sell out quick so I asked one of my friends if they could try to get the ticket for me. I figured since I wasn't trying to get tickets myself that my chances would be slim so when he e-mailed me to tell me he got through and scored a ticket I was blown away!!

PJ20 2011 - This is definitely the one show I absolutely couldn't believe I scored tickets to! It's also probably the longest amount of time I've ever spent online trying to get tickets for in my entire life. I spent an entire 8 hour day in my office at work hitting F5/refresh until those tickets found their way into my cart. One of the best & most fun weekends in my life!

Oracle Appreciation Event 2012 - I only caught wind of this show when I was on the forum trying to get info about the upcoming Missoula gig my brother in-law were going to attend. I immediately went into search mode asking my Oracle administrators if they were going to Open World and if they had access to the appreciation event. One of the admins said he had a pass and would give it to me...SCORE, or so I thought. The day of the event I head up to the city wih a couple of my co-workers badges to get the wristband needed to get onto Treasure Island. I met EdWho online and told him I got him a badge as well. Well when I went to claim my wristband the lady told me that it wasn't a badge that provided me entry for the show...CRAP! So EdWho and I decide to hang around and start asking folks if they were going to use their wristband. I ended up prematurely giving someone $100 for their wristband to the show but hung around afterwards to help EdWho find a ticket and as luck would have it we ended up getting one for him and another person here on the board...for FREE! Even though I spent $100 for my ticket it was well worth the memories.

Las Vegas 2003 - I wasn't really surprised that I got tickets to this show but I was definitely surprised to win the lottery and get front row tickets after waiting in the 10c ticket line for 5 hours with what was a high 10c membership number back then. And then having Ed throw me a tambourine during RITFW at the end of the show made this show epic for me!

RM
  • Options
    JB128716JB128716 Posts: 2,064
    2nd row U2 on the Zoo Station Tour.

I got tickets about an hour after it sold out. That's when tickets would magically just pop-up after the show was "sold out."

Some kid that was about 10 rows deep told us he slept out for days for the show (back before the internet and F5). Sucker.
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
    12 - DeLuna Fest, EV Orlando 1 & 2, EV Ft Lauderdale 1 & 2
    13 - Wrigley!!! ,Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford, OKC, Seattle
    14 - Leeds, Milton Keynes, St Louis
    16 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options
    korn-1korn-1 Los Angeles, transplanted from Chicago Posts: 930
    edited April 2013
    Rage Against the Machine Battle of Alpine Valley- Got the tix for just a little over face a couple weeks before the show, ended up on the rail right in front of Tom Morello, one of the best shows I've ever seen.

Nine Inch Nails Wave Goodbye at the Aragon- Got both nights, was offered a pretty penny for my +1's, sold them in line for face.

Smashing Pumpkins at Illinois State- Thought hey would play the arena, they ended up playing the auditorium in the student center. Scored 4 tix on one of the student message boards for under face if I remember correctly.

PJ Wrigley!
    ... oh and almost forgot first night of Lolla with NIN,QOTSA, and Band of Horses 2 weeks after Wrigley!
    Post edited by korn-1 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    Pearl Jam, Berlin 2010. I travelled the 1250km without a ticket although I was due to meet up with a forum member from NY to buy his spare but we never found each other to do the deal. I somehow got rid of my $100 cash in exchange for a photocopied piece of A4 with an e-ticket on it from a scalper with minutes to spare. I didn't expect to get in to be honest but the beep from the barcode scan at the gate was the greatest noise and it turned into a very special night indeed! ;)

Tom Waits, Amsterdam 2004. I only found out Tom was playing three nights in the Carre Theatre (where Ed played) around a week before and booked a week there with the final night of my trip being on his first night. Work prevented me from staying the final two days so I had one chance and no ticket for the sold out gig. Several trips up and down the queue and I was getting nowhere until two minutes to the doors being closed when I scored a ticket from someone carrying a spare for a friend who couldn't make it. No support act meant I was seeing Tom in five minutes or so and I was fourth row centre! Happy? :mrgreen:
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    kwdaleykwdaley Posts: 499
    London 2013!
    Ottawa 2011
    London 2013 "The Dundas Hookers on Crack" Show
  • Options
    starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    none really. getting tickets is easy... just not the day they go on sale.
  • Options
    63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    none really. getting tickets is easy... just not the day they go on sale.

Exactly. I don't know how it was 20 years ago but I've never not gotten a ticket to a show I wanted to go to. That Jim James show was the closest I've been to not getting one. If I didn't get one at drop that was it, unless I wanted to drop $200+ for a $25 ticket, ha.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,007
    Pearl jam 4/11/94 Boston garden (night 2 of three shows in boston)

Hardest ticket to acquire in the aftermath of the Vs release frenzy..

Easiest= 7/11/03 Mansfield (can you imagine?) lots of single seats still online week before the show..
    I was 14th row on stones side for the longest show in Pearl Jam history.
    When they announced the "no repeat song" experiment in the three Mansfield shows..
    (Yes I went to all three) and then announced they would play a "PRE-set" at 6pm before the back up band (sleater Kinney) I was in HEAVEN!

No f5 in 2003 for me..
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,348
    PJ Wrigley Field 2013
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    DischordVisionDischordVision SEAttle by way of WNY Posts: 532
    I will recall shows on not just my behalf but my girlfriend's who I met through a mutual love of live music and PJ :D

Her-
    Seattle 2000 both nights, last shows of the long, infamous Binaural tour
    Hawaii 2006 w/ Kings of Leon (for those that have never been to the islands, it truly is a state of mind like paradise. I can't imagine attending a PJ show there...

Me-
    Toledo 2004 Vote For Change tour, first time I paid the most for a PJ ticket ($50 + fees) I had a suspicion that this tour was special both politically and with the time it was happening. Needless to say, Neil Young performed along w/ his wife Pegi and Peter Frampton. Epic show. Mind blowing. I was drunk for part of it but still remember most. Also great to experience PJ in a small arena resembling a skating rink...

Seattle 2009 Backspacer tour. I almost didn't get tickets from the 10 Club pre-sale. Then somehow the page refreshed and I was in. The show was mediocre at best and was in the 100 section, first time I wasn't on the floor. I later emailed 10 Club about it and they always come through for me. They gave me a free year's membership. I feel bad for the former members who say they quit because 10 Club screwed them over...

EV solo Seattle 2011 Ukulele Songs tour, last show of the tour. I won tickets from Volcom online and was blown away how good the seats were. We sat next to people who knew Eddie personally and his wife & daughter were by us the whole show!
    U.S. / Canada Buffalo 1996 Barrie Ontario 1998 Saratoga Springs 2000 Toronto Ontario 2000 Albany 2003 Toronto Ontario 2003 Buffalo 2003 Toronto Ontario 2005 Toledo 2004 London Ontario 2005 Seattle 2009 Vancouver B.C. 2011 Seattle 2013
  • Options
    OkumOkum Vancouver, BC Posts: 231
    Benaroya - got 14 tickets (was able to hook up a bunch of friends and didn't sell and single one over face value) made some great friends, met friends after that missed show that I wished I would have known then.
    Waimea - didn't have a ticket but got into the show
    Storytellers @ Avalon - had a good friend get me in
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    PJ20, I was up until 5am in the morning to get them and was about to give up then success!! :D
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    its just gishits just gish San Antonio, TX Posts: 880
    We were upgraded to front row for Paul McCartney from .. the "$35 I could touch the top of the roof at the ballpark" seats all because I asked some random dude who I thought worked at the stadium where I could go smoke?
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    NIN at the Orphuem in Boston back in '05. 8th row.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,623
    We were upgraded to front row for Paul McCartney from .. the "$35 I could touch the top of the roof at the ballpark" seats all because I asked some random dude who I thought worked at the stadium where I could go smoke?

Very cool. Just got tix for both his austin shows. Can't wait.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.