______ is on my turntable right now.

Comments

• MedozKMedozK Posts: 9,209
    edited January 2017

MedozK said:

Hey Medozk I know you know your shit- I only have the wall, wish you were here and dark side, what are some good pressings of some other Floyd?
    I think Meddle and Animals are essential, but it really depends on how much you like the Floyd. If your just a casual listener anything before Meddle might be to different a sound. The Syd Barrett influence has a different sound. Test them out on YouTube and then get what you like, the new reissues have been great.
    Post edited by MedozK on
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,348
    I think Meddle came out fantastic. I was hoping Animals would be a little more dynamic. I always found the album to be a little muddy and distant. Perhaps that's what they were going for.. And the new remaster doesn't necessarily resolve that unfortunately.

For Meddle, I was hoping for a little more out of One of These Days which is one of my favorite songs by them. But after that song, I think the album explodes. Echoes is phenomenal on the new record.

And yes, the Syd years are very different..
  • MedozK said:

MedozK said:

Hey Medozk I know you know your shit- I only have the wall, wish you were here and dark side, what are some good pressings of some other Floyd?
    I think Meddle and Animals are essential, but it really depends on how much you like the Floyd. If your just a casual listener anything before Meddle might be to different a sound. The Syd Barrett influence has a different sound. Test them out on YouTube and then get what you like, the new reissues have been great.
    mrussel1 said:

I think Meddle came out fantastic. I was hoping Animals would be a little more dynamic. I always found the album to be a little muddy and distant. Perhaps that's what they were going for.. And the new remaster doesn't necessarily resolve that unfortunately.

For Meddle, I was hoping for a little more out of One of These Days which is one of my favorite songs by them. But after that song, I think the album explodes. Echoes is phenomenal on the new record.

And yes, the Syd years are very different..

Thanks guys- yeah I'm not asking about which album, I'm asking about which pressing... I know there have been some reissues lately but didn't know if any sound or are better than others. Thanks in advance.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • RYMERYME Posts: 1,904
    edited January 2017
    MedozK said:

2011 Impex Records Reissue Pressing. If you like this album... this is the pressing to have. Sounds Amazing!

Hey MedozK, I've had Red Headed Stranger on CD for a long time, I enjoy it from time to time. I was unaware of IMPEX, thanks to you, checked Amazon first & they had one for $88, So I dug around some more, and found a list of places that sell IMPEX records. Found a record store/online store in Kansas City and they had it for $32. So today I ordered myself a IMPEX copy of Red Headed Stranger.. Thanks for enlightening me.
    It's cold, foggy & snowy here in Wisconsin, need some mellow whisky sipping music. :)
    Post edited by RYME on
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,348
    I only have Meddle through the Wall. My DSOTM, WYWH and Wall were all part of the 2012ish pressings while the the others were the 2016. From what I understand, the only one that seems to have benefited a bit in 2016 is Wish, but only the European edition I believe. I'm not sure if it's the kind of benefit that would warrant another purchase if you have the 2012 press.
    @RoleModelsinBlood31 I think the new reissues are hard to beat for $25. You might find a better sounding pressing in a mint U.K. Original, but that would come at a much higher price,
    Cool, @RYME enjoy it.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    RYME said:

MedozK said:

2011 Impex Records Reissue Pressing. If you like this album... this is the pressing to have. Sounds Amazing!

Hey MedozK, I've had Red Headed Stranger on CD for a long time, I enjoy it from time to time. I was unaware of IMPEX, thanks to you, checked Amazon first & they had one for $88, So I dug around some more, and found a list of places that sell IMPEX records. Found a record store/online store in Kansas City and they had it for $32. So today I ordered myself a IMPEX copy of Red Headed Stranger.. Thanks for enlightening me.
    It's cold, foggy & snowy here in Wisconsin, need some mellow whisky sipping music. :)
    very cool! what store in KC had it?
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • offhegoes32offhegoes32 Posts: 415
    edited January 2017

Clearly I don't know how to post pictures here on an IPad.
    Album I was trying to paste is "Joe Cocker!"
    Post edited by offhegoes32 on
    No time to be void or save up on life, you gotta spend it all.
    mfc2006 said:

RYME said:

MedozK said:

Actually it's called ACOUSTIC SOUNDS.
    Out of Salina, Kansas.
    And they have a fantastic website called acousticsounds.com I loved it. Keep in touch you have a good taste.
    RYME said:

mfc2006 said:

RYME said:

MedozK said:

Out of Salina, Kansas.
    And they have a fantastic website called acousticsounds.com I loved it. Keep in touch you have a good taste.
    I use Acoustic Sounds for almost all of the "audiophile" releases I purchase. That is actually where I got the Impex Records Red Headed Stranger, enjoy that when you get it.
  • mrussel1 said:

I only have Meddle through the Wall. My DSOTM, WYWH and Wall were all part of the 2012ish pressings while the the others were the 2016. From what I understand, the only one that seems to have benefited a bit in 2016 is Wish, but only the European edition I believe. I'm not sure if it's the kind of benefit that would warrant another purchase if you have the 2012 press.

MedozK said:

@RoleModelsinBlood31 I think the new reissues are hard to beat for $25. You might find a better sounding pressing in a mint U.K. Original, but that would come at a much higher price,

Awesome, thank you guys.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
    MedozK said:

RYME said:

mfc2006 said:

RYME said:

MedozK said:

Out of Salina, Kansas.
    I use Acoustic Sounds for almost all of the "audiophile" releases I purchase. That is actually where I got the Impex Records Red Headed Stranger, enjoy that when you get it.
    Thanks, I haven't listened to that one in quite a while. The movie that goes with it is quite good if you haven't seen it.
    I hope you got that PJ 3 Man Record.
    If for nothing else the packaging & the black and gold vinal. Pretty cool. Love the extended jam at the end of Of the Earth!
    RYME said:

If for nothing else the packaging & the black and gold vinal. Pretty cool. Love the extended jam at the end of Of the Earth!

Yea, I got it. I was actually one of the 10C members that got to go the show. It was unbelievable.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    RYME said:

mfc2006 said:

RYME said:

MedozK said:

Out of Salina, Kansas.
    that's a great site...I've ordered from there before.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    edited January 2017
    MedozK said:

RYME said:

Yea, I got it. I was actually one of the 10C members that got to go the show. It was unbelievable.
    Oh boy, well, that's awesome. I was at the Eddie shows at the Ryman, a few years ago. I love Nashville. Anyway If you are thinking about getting into Waylon a little bit, that Acoustic Sound has some good ones.
    Right for the Time 1996 is great. And then What Goes Around, & The Ramblin Man are really good. They don't have Waylon Live there, but is one of my favorites. The double CD of Waylon Live is better because it has way more songs than the LP did.
    Here is Waylon at a country music award show in about 93 I think. So you had all these country "Stars" Alan Jackson and Reba McEntire, Brooks & Dunn, George Strait, Billy Ray Cyrus, you know I'm not into of that style of country. But I watched it because Waylon was hosting the show that night, and then in the middle of that award show, Waylon performed this tune, & showed them all how it's done.
    https://youtu.be/8V6-AeeQbkw
    Post edited by RYME on
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    Vault six again. Soooo good
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • GM17961GM17961 Posts: 158
    Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool
    1st - Randalls Island 1 '96
    20 shows in-between
    Most recent - St Louis '22
  • bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    Patti Smith - Horses
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,561

It's a hopeless situation...
  • bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    Blind Melon - Soup
    The Flaming Lips - Oczy Mlody
    20 shows in-between
    The Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots
    20 shows in-between
    edited January 2017
    Had never heard of this untill I saw this WLP in the bins this week. Finally got to clean it and listen this morning. Pretty good.
    Various Artist (3 LPs)
    No Nukes - From The Muse Concerts For A Non-Nuclear Future - Madison Square Garden - September 19-23, 1979

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Nukes:_The_Muse_Concerts_for_a_Non-Nuclear_Future
    Post edited by MedozK on
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,834
    Far out, man.

I SAW PEARL JAM

I SAW PEARL JAM

I SAW PEARL JAM
    Johnny Cash - American IV
    20 shows in-between