Options

______ is on my turntable right now.

Comments

• Options
    Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,879

1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited June 2022
    mfc2006 said:

Awesome! Underrated album imo
  • Options
    beano.79beano.79 Posts: 640
    finally
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,689
    beano.79 said:
    finally

sound quality?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,756

• Options
    edited June 2022
    Post edited by beano.79 on
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    beano.79 said:
    finally

sound quality?
    My copy sounds good, no issues
  • Options

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034

• Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,835

How is it? Mine should be arriving on Tuesday. 
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:

How is it? Mine should be arriving on Tuesday. 
    It’s awesome. I haven’t streamed it so it was my first play through but I’ll be listening to it a lot for sure 

• Options
    edited June 2022
    Definitely different 

original is louder for sure

listening to corduroy back to back it seems Matt is turned down and Mike is turned up on the reissue. Mike’s guitar part midway through is more featured on the reissue and on the original Matt’s drumming is at the same level. 

Separation may be slightly better on the clear 

better or worse not sure yet.  I wasn’t even sure if it was remastered or not, it sounds like it is though.

Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Definitely different 

listening to corduroy back to back it seems Matt is turned down and Mike is turned up on the reissue. Mike’s guitar part midway through is more featured on the reissue and on the original Matt’s drumming is at the same level. 

better or worse not sure yet.  I wasn’t even sure if it was remastered or not, it sounds like it is though.

Nice, I will have to do an A/B when I have time.
  • Options
    Loujoe said:

🤙

Can’t wait to spin mine.  Prog-metal masterpiece.  
  • Options
    MedozK said:
    Definitely different 

Nice, I will have to do an A/B when I have time.
    I’d be curious to see what you think.

it’s a fine reissue and without an original I probably would not have any major issues. 

Kind of reminds me of the no code reissue.  It’s just missing something.  Maybe they are both a bit more two dimensional vs the originals as in there isn’t the same appearance of depth. Can’t really put my finger on what it is 
  • Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options
    edited June 2022
    mickeyrat said:

I found that one in VG+ condition last year. Had to create the listing for my copy on Discogs. Great record imo. 
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,756
    Loujoe said:

🤙

Yes. Enjoy! I was reminded of that. Loved it a long time ago and forgot.
    Went on a short hike after listening to it and walked by jupiter and saturn signs. It clicked. Coincidence? Or proof I'm from another planet.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    mickeyrat said:

I found that one in VG+ condition last year. Had to create the listing for my copy on Discogs. Great record imo. 

you got that right. mine is an 83 mono reissue. vinyl is vg++/nm. cover is a heavier stock but shows the usual wear out of shrink.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on

• Options
    Loujoe said:
    Loujoe said:

🤙

Yes. Enjoy! I was reminded of that. Loved it a long time ago and forgot.
    Went on a short hike after listening to it and walked by jupiter and saturn signs. It clicked. Coincidence? Or proof I'm from another planet.
    😂.  

Voivod got me into Pink Floyd because of this album.  I was 14 when this came out and they played the Astronomy Domine video on MuchMusic (Canada’s MTV if you didn’t know) on the metal show called the Power Hour (or was it Power 30?)
    I saw the video and loved the song. I thought it was theirs, no idea it was a cover. 

Once I learned it was, started diving deeper into the PF catalogue. 

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

you got that right.
    Yours looks like the same copy, (Fantasy 3245).  On my copy Side 1 is labelled as Side 2 on the record and Side 2 is labelled as Side 1. 
    The sleeve has the correct listing.  I put that in the notes on Discogs. I should probably add misprint in the description.

Shows their are four other owners now.