______ is on my turntable right now.

1205206208210211346

Comments

  • Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO NativePosts: 2,133

    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Today is both "Cat's day" and "Vinyl's day" in Sweden


    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

  • "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • MedozKMedozK TennesseePosts: 9,095

  • MedozKMedozK TennesseePosts: 9,095
    2003 AAA Kevin Gray Cut


  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 25,660
    MedozK said:
    2003 AAA Kevin Gray Cut


    Someone had a sealed one on FB for $150 I think.  I was tempted but didn't do it.  The 2016 BG/Sax one is pretty amazing on its own.  Can you tell a difference?
  • May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,413
    Terms of Surrender 
  • MedozKMedozK TennesseePosts: 9,095
    edited November 2020
    I didn't feel I needed to get the BG cut, so I have never heard it. I do know the KG is cut 'Hot', and sounds great. I think its the last true AAA we will have of this album, so it has that going for it.

    I'm listening to my original US 1973 Wally Traugott cut now, I can tell its a smoother cut, sounds good except for the noise in the quiet parts, but I guess that's what you kinda get with an OG. I love this album, will prolly try to eventually pick up a clean original UK pressing just for fun.


  • May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,413

  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 25,660
    MedozK said:
    I didn't feel I needed to get the BG cut, so I have never heard it. I do know the KG is cut 'Hot', and sounds great. I think its the last true AAA we will have of this album, so it has that going for it.

    I'm listening to my original US 1973 Wally Traugott cut now, I can tell its a smoother cut, sounds good except for the noise in the quiet parts, but I guess that's what you kinda get with an OG. I love this album, will prolly try to eventually pick up a clean original UK pressing just for fun.


    Once you upgrade your TT, I'd be interested to hear if you think it's still hot.  I have read that it's just really hard to track for mid level stuff.  
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NYPosts: 5,715
    MedozK said:
    2003 AAA Kevin Gray Cut


    One of my local record stores has a sealed original first pressing copy of Dark Side displayed on the wall. They are asking $500.
  • MedozKMedozK TennesseePosts: 9,095
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    I didn't feel I needed to get the BG cut, so I have never heard it. I do know the KG is cut 'Hot', and sounds great. I think its the last true AAA we will have of this album, so it has that going for it.

    I'm listening to my original US 1973 Wally Traugott cut now, I can tell its a smoother cut, sounds good except for the noise in the quiet parts, but I guess that's what you kinda get with an OG. I love this album, will prolly try to eventually pick up a clean original UK pressing just for fun.


    Once you upgrade your TT, I'd be interested to hear if you think it's still hot.  I have read that it's just really hard to track for mid level stuff.  
    Definitely will let you know, I have read the same things.
  • MedozKMedozK TennesseePosts: 9,095
    GlowGirl said:
    MedozK said:
    2003 AAA Kevin Gray Cut


    One of my local record stores has a sealed original first pressing copy of Dark Side displayed on the wall. They are asking $500.
    The problem you have with sealed "OG" copies, is your really never sure what cuts (pressings) you really have. An album that has sold as many as DSOTM, there is really no telling what pressings you have until you open them.
  • May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,413

  • BALLBOYBALLBOY AustraliaPosts: 917

    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
  • May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,413
    Sleep Well Beast 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 25,652
    BALLBOY said:


    is that a lamp?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

    Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,499
    mickeyrat said:
    BALLBOY said:


    is that a lamp?
    That's no lamp. Its a spaceststion!
    Virginia Bach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 25,660
    pjpjpaul said:
    mickeyrat said:
    BALLBOY said:


    is that a lamp?
    That's no lamp. Its a spaceststion!
    WHAT'S THAT FLASHING!?!?
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,622

    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • BALLBOYBALLBOY AustraliaPosts: 917
    mickeyrat said:
    BALLBOY said:


    is that a lamp?
    Yes it is. The Falcon is very strong here 
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NYPosts: 5,715

  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon WinnipegPosts: 32,273
    Today is both "Cat's day" and "Vinyl's day" in Sweden


    you spend an inordinate amount of time on your bed. 
    I think I'll move to Australia


  • MedozKMedozK TennesseePosts: 9,095
    GlowGirl said:

    Classic, That is an interesting pressing on Virgin. I think 80s UK pressing.. maybe. How is the sound?
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NYPosts: 5,715
    MedozK said:
    GlowGirl said:

    Classic, That is an interesting pressing on Virgin. I think 80s UK pressing.. maybe. How is the sound?
    You are good. I bought it on a trip to London in the 80's. You can see the price tag is in pounds - 3.99. It is a bit different from the American version which I believe is called The Who Sings My Generation. To me, the sound is great. But I likely don't have your audiophile ears :)

  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NYPosts: 5,715



    I’m having a Pete Townshend day. 
  • MedozKMedozK TennesseePosts: 9,095

  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NYPosts: 5,715
    MedozK said:

    Nice. I love this one. I have it on CD. I just ordered Nevermind on vinyl. I realized I didn't have it in any tangible format. It should come soon.

  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon WinnipegPosts: 32,273
    I think I might have to get both Nirvana's and AIC's unplugged albums on wax. those just seem to scream vinyl to me. 
    I think I'll move to Australia


  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 25,652
    I think I might have to get both Nirvana's and AIC's unplugged albums on wax. those just seem to scream vinyl to me. 

    you wont be disappointed
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

    Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
Sign In or Register to comment.