Options

My Story of Meeting ED and Mike

Comments

• Options
    that is rad
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    culot4 wrote:
    Really nice story. Look how happy this dude looks next to Ed.
    And Ed actually looks happy too :eek: first time for everything ;)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    ChazzChazz Somerset, UK Posts: 1,093
    I loved reading your story, made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside :o
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
  • Options
    kmrockkmrock Posts: 31
    I want to thank everyone again for their super responses to my story. I never expected the post to generate such a great reaction of love and support. I was really only hoping a couple people would be able to read it and see my pictures before it got relegated to the back pages.
    Really, all of you have been great, and it means a lot to me. I know each of you has things in life to deal with that makes life seem overwhelming and difficult at times. I suppose, my difficulties are just more outwardly visible--but I don't consider myself any worse off than the billions of people who face the many hardships of life on a daily basis. On the other side, though, I think there are many great and positive aspects of the human heart/soul/spirit that can, and must, overcome.
    To those of you, however, who do have physical disabilities and/or diseases (jenbedder, blondieblue, etc.) I just want to say to remember you're not alone, and that I appreciate the support you've shown me.
    Even though I don't personally know any of you, the response to this simple internet posting has given me a boost of positive energy, and reaffirmed my belief in humanity. Thank you so much, all of you.
    "My back is broken, and my hands are blistered"
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    kmrock wrote:
    I want to thank everyone again for their super responses to my story. I never expected the post to generate such a great reaction of love and support. I was really only hoping a couple people would be able to read it and see my pictures before it got relegated to the back pages.
    Really, all of you have been great, and it means a lot to me. I know each of you has things in life to deal with that makes life seem overwhelming and difficult at times. I suppose, my difficulties are just more outwardly visible--but I don't consider myself any worse off than the billions of people who face the many hardships of life on a daily basis. On the other side, though, I think there are many great and positive aspects of the human heart/soul/spirit that can, and must, overcome.
    To those of you, however, who do have physical disabilities and/or diseases (jenbedder, blondieblue, etc.) I just want to say to remember you're not alone, and that I appreciate the support you've shown me.
    Even though I don't personally know any of you, the response to this simple internet posting has given me a boost of positive energy, and reaffirmed my belief in humanity. Thank you so much, all of you.

:o wow! If everyone had your outlook, the world would be heaven.

Thank YOU :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    soulshinesoulshine Posts: 120
    Wow! Congratulations!! What an incredible experience. I would be totally freaked out and probably not able to produce words out of my mouth if face to face....I was in Columbia and you got an awesome show on top of it!

Splendid memories! and Photos to boot!

:)
    Make sure the fortune that you seek
    Is the fortune that you need ~ BenHarper

http://www.myspace.com/soulshine70
  • Options
    Wow.
    Sounds like this great story couldn't have happened to a better guy.
    & what a cool message Eddie wrote on your pic.
    "to my new friend....."
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    kmrock wrote:

wow. ed DID make a great friend that night he met you!

i agree with everything you just said.
    one of the reasons i'm a fan is because of other fans. silly sounding but true. pj fans are special, handicapped or not. and i have proof i'm not just saying that.

have you read GIMP: The Story Behind the Star of Murderball by mark zupan? he's a huge pj fan too. for the preface he has a pj song!
    here's the link, sorry it's too long
    http://www.amazon.com/GIMP-Story-Behind-Star-Murderball/dp/0061127698/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1214927210&sr=8-1

anyway, thanks again!
    for posting
    .......and replying. hehehe
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    kmrock wrote:

I don't know this guy, but I like him. This thread should be back on page 1.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    it tickles me pink when i see this on page ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    BlackCorduroyBlackCorduroy Posts: 1,374
    i love the second picture of you and Ed! :D
  • Options
    the pic of you and ed smiling together is priceless! thank you for sharing this.
    all the best to you with your Phd! that is quite inspiring!
    Fill the air up with love...
  • Options
    PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    culot4 wrote:
    I don't know this guy, but I like him. This thread should be back on page 1.
    I was thinking the same thing. Never met him, but I like this guy too!
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • Options
    [
    Even though I don't personally know any of you, the response to this simple internet posting has given me a boost of positive energy, and reaffirmed my belief in humanity. Thank you so much, all of you.[/quote]

It is you that has reaffirmed my belief in humanity. Cheers to you.

Thank you for taking the time to share.
    "When a person's soul is born in a country, nets are flung at it to hold it back from flight. You speak to me of nationality, language, religion. I shall try to fly past those nets." - James Joyce
  • Options
    nycnptnycnpt Posts: 71
    God bless you man!

Peace,

Christian
    96- Ed in Pvd, NYC 1, Hartford, Ft Lauderdale
    98- Hartford, BOS 1&2 00- Bos 1&2
    03- BOS 1,2&3, NYC 1 - 04- BOS 1 &2
    05 - Borgotta 1&2
    06 - Albany, CT, BOS 1&2, NYC 1&2, Vegas
    08- MSG I & II - EV Solo NYC 1&2
    10- BOS, MSG2
    11- Ed PVD, NYC1

And a ton more. 80 something.
  • Options
    krzzzymarykrzzzymary Posts: 458
    WOW!
    I swear everytime I hear stories like this it just really puts my faith back in humans.
    I love Ed!

Thanks for sharing your great night.
    "You can bomb the world to pieces but you can't bomb into peace"
    Michael Franti
  • Options
    jammerfalljammerfall Posts: 908
    After spending a shitty day at work this story gave me something to smile about. :)
    "Hello Oregonians. Hello Washingtonians. Hello Portland..where the fuck are we? We're in Ridgefield!"
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    Awesome, awesome story!! :)
  • Options
    MakeMeCry43MakeMeCry43 Posts: 355
    Thank you so much for sharing you're amazing and beautiful story! It's also very inspirational like so many others have said! Because it's amazing to hear stories of people triumphing and end up on top, it's an inspiration to all really! And I'm soo glad you got to meet those guys! It's probably every fan's dream to! And I'm ecstatic that you got to :D And seriously, good luck on your Phd and like someone here before mentioned that the teachers are heroes and I totally agree with that, they just do so much for us and we take them for granted and also reading your story just reminded me that life is definietly worth living no matter what! Heineken Helen is right, if the whole world had your outlook on life it would be heaven and also we wouldn't take so many things for granted as well....And I love the picture of you and Eddie smiling, it looks so sweet and geniune, Eddie should actually smile more often because he has a beautiful smile and so do you hehe! You look like you could scream from joy :D Again thank you so much for your story, it has also really made my day! :D This truly has my faith in humanity reassured :)
    "Does anyone remember laughter?"

"Where's Mike McCready? My god he's been ate!"

"If you're an Elvis fan, there's no explanation necessary; if you're not, there's no explanation possible."

"Sometimes God makes perfect people and Paul Newman was one of them." - RIP Paul Newman
  • Options
    DarbyCrashDarbyCrash Posts: 223
    That is the sweetest story I have ever, ever heard.
    I'm not lost, but I don't know where I am...David Byrne, Talking Heads

Regal Theater, 1994--most amazing night ever.
  • Options
    WindNoSailWindNoSail Posts: 580
    kmrock wrote:
    Thanks for sharing in my story. peace to you all.

http://s304.photobucket.com/albums/nn164/kmrok/

Of all the things I have seen and read on this board, that is one of the best!!! Congrats to you. That's a couple of great pics.

Peace
    HOB 10.05.2005, E Rutherford 06.03.2006, The Gorge 07.22.2006, Lolla 08.05.2007, West Palm 06.11.2008, Tampa 06.12.2008, Columbia 06.16.2008, EV Memphis 06.20.2009, New Orleans 05.01.2010, Kansas City 05.03.2010
  • Options
    cd21millercd21miller Columbia, MO Posts: 302
    i know it's been said before...

but a great story.

if that doesn't put things into perspective, then i don't know what does.

best of luck!
  • Options
    krayzie40krayzie40 Posts: 6
    awesome story. nice shirt mike was wearing. good job man!
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    Great Story, you rock!!
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    i like matt.ci like matt.c Posts: 1,121
    Awesome!!!!!! That's such a cool story.
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Thank you for sharing :)

... and awesome photos :D
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    yielderyielder Posts: 160
    i'm really happy for you !! great !! !

' my new friend ' very nice !!!!!
    Greets Dave
    Antwerp -Belgium- Europe
  • Options
    NYCPJNYCPJ nyc Posts: 761
    Great story and, like many others who have read it, it really brightened my day. Good luck to you.
    6/3/06 (East Rutherford 2)
    6/24/08 (MSG1)
    6/25/08 (MSG2)
    7/1/08 (Beacon Theater -NYC)
    10/30/09 (Philly3)
    5/18/10 (Newark, NJ)
    5/20/10 (MSG1)
    5/21/10 (MSG2)
    10/18/13 (Brooklyn 1)
    10/19/13 (Brooklyn 2)
    5/1/16 (MSG 1)
    5/2/16 (MSG 2)
    3/30/20 (MSG)
  • Options
    alabamaalabama Posts: 101
    I don't post a lot around here, but I've got to tell you...I love your story, and it warmed my heart! You seem like a really, really cool guy, and I'm so glad you got the opportunity to meet Ed and Mike. Thanks for sharing those awesome pics, also. I know they'll be a cool thing to have and remember forever. Again, thanks for sharing, and keep on keepin' on!!!!!
  • Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. I just joined the message boards a few days ago, because it seems like a great community. That's really amazing that you got to meet the band. Great pictures, too.