Rock Werchter 07

Comments

• Isnt is a git getting old... im 25 now but by June im 26, and have to pay 1/3 extra for trains, talk about discrimination! Maybe when you get to 26 you weigh more!

Thanks Butterfly Thoughts,

Should be pretty cool, were staying at http://www.hotelcatharina.nl/hotel_en.html in Holland then training it to Leuven for the Werchter and staying in a hostel at http://www.leuven-hostel.com/faq_en.html.

Fun and games, btw, i have the email address for hotel catharina as its not (i cant find it!) on there webby.

cheers
  • parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    Isnt is a git getting old... im 25 now but by June im 26, and have to pay 1/3 extra for trains, talk about discrimination! Maybe when you get to 26 you weigh more!

Thanks Butterfly Thoughts,

Should be pretty cool, were staying at http://www.hotelcatharina.nl/hotel_en.html in Holland then training it to Leuven for the Werchter and staying in a hostel at http://www.leuven-hostel.com/faq_en.html.

Fun and games, btw, i have the email address for hotel catharina as its not (i cant find it!) on there webby.

cheers

Just pretend you're a student. I ain't a student since 2 years, but still using the EUROLINES bus services through Europe as a student (lots of discount :) )...

Just try...
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
  • don't you have to show some kind of "Young Person" railcard or smth?
    I didn't expect you can get away with that kind of stuff anywhere else but my homeland... I thought the north of Europe had strict rules 'bout stuff like that
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Me and a buddy are seriously considering flying over to this festival from the states. Only thing is, I know nothing about the country. Absolutely nothing. Are there hotels to stay at? Where would we fly into? ANY info at all would be appreciated. The only thing that could make this concert more perfect would be Radiohead.
  • Me and a buddy are seriously considering flying over to this festival from the states. Only thing is, I know nothing about the country. Absolutely nothing. Are there hotels to stay at? Where would we fly into? ANY info at all would be appreciated. The only thing that could make this concert more perfect would be Radiohead.

If Radiohead plays on night 2 I might need to reconsider my trip.......

SHOW COUNT: (157) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=97, US=116, CAN=15, Europe=20 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

You could take a little tent with you, and stay on one of the many festival campings in werchter.
    17/07/93 Ahoy Rotterdam
    31/06/00
    29/08/06 Gelredome Arnhem
    21/06/07 LTU Arena Dusseldorf
    29/06/07 Rock Werchter (my tenth Werchter)
  • Here is a challenge for those of you familiar with northern europe - I am sure a number of people do this trip every year so someone might be able to help me. After finding out the poor line-ups of most of the English festivals this year including Glastonbury, and the fact that the prices have still gone up by about 10% from last year I have decided to venture to Europe for my festival jaunt this summer since the mighty PJ are playing Rock Werchter - but I was wondering if anyone has any advice on travelling from Werchter to Roskilde which happens the weekend after. I know its a long way and I can't find any cheap flights friom Belgium to Denmark...

Anyone??!
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    How about taking the train?
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    Here is a challenge for those of you familiar with northern europe - I am sure a number of people do this trip every year so someone might be able to help me. After finding out the poor line-ups of most of the English festivals this year including Glastonbury, and the fact that the prices have still gone up by about 10% from last year I have decided to venture to Europe for my festival jaunt this summer since the mighty PJ are playing Rock Werchter - but I was wondering if anyone has any advice on travelling from Werchter to Roskilde which happens the weekend after. I know its a long way and I can't find any cheap flights friom Belgium to Denmark...

Anyone??!

I looked last week for a flight Brussels (Werchter's not far) to Copenhagen (I don't knwo the distance to Roskilde) and the flights are quite cheap (between 120 and 180 €).
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • CollinCollin Posts: 4,931
    Me and a buddy are seriously considering flying over to this festival from the states. Only thing is, I know nothing about the country. Absolutely nothing. Are there hotels to stay at? Where would we fly into? ANY info at all would be appreciated. The only thing that could make this concert more perfect would be Radiohead.

You'd probably flight into Zaventem. Your ticket includes the train rides to Leuven from which you can take a free bus, if you show your ticket, I think.

Just take a tent with you, you'll have tons of fun!
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • http://www.trabel.com/airport-information.htm

info about all the airports in Belgium. I'm sure Brussels would be convinient for you, and you'll find more flights from the States for Brussels than other airports, probably! :)
  • Julien wrote:
    I looked last week for a flight Brussels (Werchter's not far) to Copenhagen (I don't knwo the distance to Roskilde) and the flights are quite cheap (between 120 and 180 €).

Do you know which airline that is??
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    Do you know which airline that is??

The easiest and the cheapest seems to be Scandinavian Airlines...
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • silly question, i know, but still :
    any of you have ANY clue as what the weather would be like those days in Werchter? I mean, does it usually pour down with rain that period? Or is it more dry (hopefully) and sunny than what i fear?
    I have the same question about Nijmegen by the way
    You can never be sure about Nothern Europe. The only relieable thing is rain...
  • oh, someone mentioned maybe taking the train from Belgium to Denmark. Apologies for my ignorance about the geography of Europe, but do you know about how long that would take to take a train from Werchter/Brussels to Roskilde/Copenhagen and how much it would cost (would it be cheaper than a flight?). And would I have to stay somewhere over night? cheers

London 30/05/00, Sydney 13/02/03, Dublin 23/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Berlin 23/09/06, Vienna 25/09/06, Zagreb 26/09/06, London 18/06/07
    Rock Werchter!
  • Not sure if anyone noticed - but the website is up and running with more details:

http://www.rockwerchter.be/RW2007/fase2/live.asp

Can anyone confirm the Leuven bars during the festival will be open late.....as I'll be staying up all night to catch a train to Brussels in the morning after Pearl Jam.....

SHOW COUNT: (157) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=97, US=116, CAN=15, Europe=20 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Yup..and it seems that they've got everything all planned out. They are ready ;)
    If there is anyone going from Slovenia orCroatia...to that festival (for all four days) by car or bus and has got room for two, three people, please let me know.
    The worst enemies of music? Money and Mathematics. Combined with music, they both do the exact opposite of what they're supposed to do. Money makes music cheap, mathematics makes it stupid and predictable.

____

Zagreb 2006/ Munich 2007/ Venice 2007/ Berlin 2009 / Venice 2010 / 2 x Berlin 2012 / Stockholm 2012 / Milan 2014 / Trieste 2014 / Vienna 2014 / Florence (EV) 2019 / Padova 2018 / Prague 2018 / Imola 2022 / Budapest 2022 / Vienna 2022 / Prague 2022 

• ParasolParasol Posts: 319
    Can anyone confirm the Leuven bars during the festival will be open late.....as I'll be staying up all night to catch a train to Brussels in the morning after Pearl Jam.....

can i join you? :P :D
    --- Barcelona 01/09/2006 ---
    ---- Lisbon 04/09/2006
    ---- Lisbon 05/09/2006
    "One of the best...The Best! Thank You!" Eddie Vedder. 05/09/2006 Lisbon, Portugal
    2007:
    ---- Lisbon 08/06/2007 ----
    ---- London 18/06/2007 ----
    --- Nijmegen 28/06/2007 ---
    --- Werchter 29/06/2007 ---
  • redladyredlady Posts: 602
    silly question, i know, but still :
    any of you have ANY clue as what the weather would be like those days in Werchter? I mean, does it usually pour down with rain that period? Or is it more dry (hopefully) and sunny than what i fear?
    I have the same question about Nijmegen by the way
    You can never be sure about Nothern Europe. The only relieable thing is rain...
    Last year HOT the year before wet but the day we went was dry but clowdy.....as it seems that the earth is warming up and weather is changing it's difficult to say something about that but i know the times that we went it mostly rained....that reminds me i think it was our first time werchter it poooooreedddd rain from morning untill the evening we were soaking wet....
    Pukkelpop '95 Neil Young with Pearl Jam without EV
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010
    redlady wrote:
    Last year HOT the year before wet but the day we went was dry but clowdy.....as it seems that the earth is warming up and weather is changing it's difficult to say something about that but i know the times that we went it mostly rained....that reminds me i think it was our first time werchter it poooooreedddd rain from morning untill the evening we were soaking wet....

2003 was really hot...my first and only time being there...

It was too hot...
    ♪♫♪♫♫

♪♫♪♫♫
    parel jam wrote:
    2003 was really hot...my first and only time being there...

It was too hot...
    well in the beginnings there were more trees so more shade but they all took them away thats a shame i think....we went once to Pukkelpop at it was 35 degrees that day oohhh men that wasen't pleasant i can tell you that
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010
  • 35 degrees is a breeze for me! Bring it on!
    I'm counting on Global Warming for those open air concerts. It's a terrible thing to say, but there , i said it
    (how very un-pearl jam of me:D )
    35 degrees is a breeze for me! Bring it on!
    I'm counting on Global Warming for those open air concerts. It's a terrible thing to say, but there , i said it
    (how very un-pearl jam of me:D )
    I guess it's not exactly the same as in Greece...considering humidity and so...

Global warming also means lots of heavy thunderstorms, heavy rainfalls, floodings...Am I satisfying you?? :)
    ♪♫♪♫♫

♪♫♪♫♫
  • metallica AND pearl jam :eek:

damn that's amazing
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
    parel jam wrote:
    I guess it's not exactly the same as in Greece...considering humidity and so...

Global warming also means lots of heavy thunderstorms, heavy rainfalls, floodings...Am I satisfying you?? :)
    Yup Greece is different then here with the heat ...we went on holidays there and you easely can stand the heat but here it's a totall different concept....
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010
  • i hate to say it, but i never cared for Metallica... :D (but that's just me)
    In general though, the line up of the festival is really good.If only Muse could play the 3rd day instead of the 1st, why oh why? :(

Will be interesting to see how the distinctively british sound of Arctic Monkeys and Bloc Party is combined with Pearl Jam's sound.

p.s. Parel Jam, you like jinxing things, don't you? Don't say floods and rainfalls!
    i hate to say it, but i never cared for Metallica... :D (but that's just me)
    In general though, the line up of the festival is really good.If only Muse could play the 3rd day instead of the 1st, why oh why? :(

Will be interesting to see how the distinctively british sound of Arctic Monkeys and Bloc Party is combined with Pearl Jam's sound.

p.s. Parel Jam, you like jinxing things, don't you? Don't say floods and rainfalls!
    i only like there album Black thats all actually....so your not alone...LOL...why third day you are going the second day to see PJ ????...and Bloc Party is really great live...saw them 2 years ago on werchter...and it's verry different of sound then PJ
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010
    i hate to say it, but i never cared for Metallica... :D (but that's just me)

Please explain (I am reading your signature about riding waves :) )
    ♪♫♪♫♫

♪♫♪♫♫
  • parel jam wrote:
    Please explain (I am reading your signature about riding waves :) )

If you start saying about floods it might actually happen! and then i'll know who to blaim :D

Redlady, i AM going to the 2nd day to see pj, i'm just saying that if Muse played on the 3rd day, i'd go to that one too. I love Muse *sigh * . I'm excited about Bloc Party, they're great, and so young! Making such good music when you're like 17? Remarkable
  • AngusAngus Posts: 376
    If you start saying about floods it might actually happen! and then i'll know who to blaim :D

Redlady, i AM going to the 2nd day to see pj, i'm just saying that if Muse played on the 3rd day, i'd go to that one too. I love Muse *sigh * . I'm excited about Bloc Party, they're great, and so young! Making such good music when you're like 17? Remarkable

Frontman is 25. :)

But I absolutely love them as well. I'm really happy they're playing the same day as PJ.
    00: 7/2 (cancelled...)
    05: 9/11,9/12,9/13,9/15,9/16,9/19
    06: 8/23,8/30, 9/9, 9/11
    07: 6/26, 6/29