Options

PJ - come to Scotland in 2007!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    *sighs*

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yer

obviously i meant yer in the colloquial scottish sense... but i give it to you in the bulgarian/russian cyrllic sense of the word ;):p

oh... and its "you're a whale..." NOT "you are a whale..." the latter is a comparative pro-noun and the former is an accusationary pro-noun :cool:

SNORE**********

you must have wikipedia as your fucking homepage :rolleyes:
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    fuck... i forgot to edit that one :D:D

HEHEHEHEHEHEHE
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    their or there... yer thicker than a whale omelette :D

Actually I believe he meant 'they're' :p

Ya feckin omlette ya!!!!!!! :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    so Vedder is Belgian then... wow!

no, no... i just havent been on much and i got kinda lost on the Dublin thread... basically it was about hoodies :confused:

oh no , knowing your accent that took me straight to one of my fav. scetches in "green wing" when the mad sccottish woman takes the geek Dr. shopping and asks " do u have a hoodie???"
    replys "no, i'm umm cercumsized " sp???
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Irish Al wrote:
    SNORE**********

you must have wikipedia as your fucking homepage :rolleyes:

:D:D
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    Actually I believe he meant 'they're' :p

Ya feckin omlette ya!!!!!!! :D

i know what he meant :rolleyes:

i take it you havent read the book "there or their".... its all in there... or as Al would say... its all in their

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

:rolleyes: you beat me to it!!!!!!!! :p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    :rolleyes: you beat me to it!!!!!!!! :p

i normally do :)
  • Options
    i normally do :)
    What? Falling asleep because of your boring wiki rants?????? Of course you do... cos you know what you've typed before I read it.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    What? Falling asleep because of your boring wiki rants?????? Of course you do... cos you know what you've typed before I read it.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    this thread is awesome... i just re-read it today.... :D:D
  • Options
    Okay..... following a conversation with someone in the know. Mike believes his heritage to be scots irish, but a quick search of the tartan websites out there, shows no tartans available for maccready, mccready, mccrady, maccready on any site....

Looks like we'll have to buy him a leprachaun outfit instead of a kilt.....
  • Options
    DunDun Posts: 48
    According to "The Surnames of Ireland" by Edward MacLysaght:
    Mac Cready (Mac Riada). An erenagh family in the barony of Raphoe, Co. Donegal.
    (FYI, an erenagh was basically someone who looked after church lands on behalf of the clergy in Ireland way back in the Middle Ages and earlier).

That's cool, cause that's where I'm from, Co. Donegal.
  • Options
    We're back in Amsterdam.... tired, and concert weary.... my dad love's scottish history:

I stand corrected on the McCready theory. I gave it a first google. My dad went a wee bit further:

http://www.houseofnames.org/xq/asp.c/qx/mccreadie-coat-arms.htm

Looks like the name originates from Ayrshire... where me and fraser are from... Not far from home Dunk???
  • Options
    We're back in Amsterdam.... tired, and concert weary.... my dad love's scottish history:

I stand corrected on the McCready theory. I gave it a first google. My dad went a wee bit further:

http://www.houseofnames.org/xq/asp.c/qx/mccreadie-coat-arms.htm

Looks like the name originates from Ayrshire... where me and fraser are from... Not far from home Dunk???

i've went from rage to bliss in 1.4 seconds... :D

meant to say last night but forgot... the reason he doesnt have a tartan is because of the above heritage, he's a lowlander by ancestry (my grampas second name is McCreadie :cool: ) most tartans are from Highland clan names although the lowland and border names have designed tartans for themselves over the years... i.e. Grahams, Littles...

The House of Names link is the one i gave earlier in the thread, but its always nice to read it again ;):)
  • Options
    [size=+4]SIGNED![/size]
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    Okay..... following a conversation with someone in the know. Mike believes his heritage to be scots irish,
    That's all we need to know :)

Glad ya got home alright
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    related to V's post... and mine (well, Rob's.. can't find my maiden name in that one! Gotta search a similar Italian site!)

http://www.houseofnames.org/coatofarms_details.asp?sId=&s=docker
  • Options
    Origin Displayed: Scottish

The ancient Scottish name little was first used by the Strathclyde-Briton
    people of the Scottish/English Borderlands. The original bearer of the
    name lived in Lanarkshire.

Spelling variations include: Little, Littel, Littell and others.
    First found in Lanarkshire where they were seated from early times and
    their first records appeared on the early census rolls taken by the early
    Kings of Britain to determine the rate of taxation of their subjects.
    Some of the first settlers of this name or some of its variants were:
    Anthony and his wife Frances Little settled in Virginia in 1650; John
    Little settled in the Barbados in 1654; Archibald, Charles, David, George,
    James, John, Margaret, Thomas, Richard and William Little, all arrived in
    Philadelphia between 1840 and 1860.
  • Options
    That's all we need to know :)

Glad ya got home alright

he corrects it later :rolleyes:
  • Options
    V V wrote:

thats pretty cool VV :cool:

you are also a Mother arent you? you're a mother who loves bone ;);):D

mmmm Mother Love Bone
  • Options
    My mum's going mental.... she recently discovered google, and has discovered that the mccreadies are linked to my family name, and the region I'm from....
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    related to V's post... and mine (well, Rob's.. can't find my maiden name in that one! Gotta search a similar Italian site!)

http://www.houseofnames.org/coatofarms_details.asp?sId=&s=docker

another one that seems to be linked to 1066... pretty cool... i'm quite interested in all this names business... doing my family tree over the last year and i have got back to 1730 and the lazy fuckers have never strayed more than 20 miles from my home town... which is handy for grave visits and research stuff right enough... :)
  • Options
    thats pretty cool VV :cool:

you are also a Mother arent you? you're a mother who loves bone ;);):D

mmmm Mother Love Bone

Good one Dunk :D:D:D
  • Options
    My mum's going mental.... she recently discovered google, and has discovered that the mccreadies are linked to my family name, and the region I'm from....

my Grampa is a McCreadie... he's from Stranraer, but i think his grandparents came from Ayrshire... (Troon i think.. not sure though)!!!!
  • Options

OMG! Mike's your long lost brother!!!! :D
  • Options
    another one that seems to be linked to 1066... pretty cool... i'm quite interested in all this names business... doing my family tree over the last year and i have got back to 1730 and the lazy fuckers have never strayed more than 20 miles from my home town... which is handy for grave visits and research stuff right enough... :)

On my dad's side (the Italian side!), a cousin spent two years looking into our family. Traced the American Boggiano's way back to the beginning of immigration to the US! Traced the italian side of the family to 1017 (first reference of the name he could find). Got the coat of arms, etc. He did put all of the history together in a book but I don't have a copy (my sister does) and also, it's in Italian!
  • Options
    my Grampa is a McCreadie... he's from Stranraer, but i think his grandparents came from Ayrshire... (Troon i think.. not sure though)!!!!
    Hmm... aren't everyone in Scotland related? :rolleyes: :p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Hmm... aren't everyone in Scotland related? :rolleyes: :p

you mean 'isn't' :D :rolleyes:

do your name on the surname thing stinky!!! :cool: