PJ - come to Scotland in 2007!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    bay city rollers....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

hay loved looking through your "Kilt" pics ! very funny :p
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Are you another 'kindered spirit'? Do you like kilts too? Or were the pics just funny?????
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    redrock wrote:
    Ooooohhhh Dunky..... you've got your thread back... :D:D:D

to be honest... it had never left me ;)

John Logie Baird
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Are you another 'kindered spirit'? Do you like kilts too? Or were the pics just funny?????

well pics were very funny !

sometimes i like a kilt really depends on whos in it ;):p
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    merlyn wrote:
    question for dunkman
    where's the best place to live in scotland i'm thinkin of movin up there?
    oh n don't be picky bout Mcready ire's only next door!!!!! everyone else

depends if you like cities or country living really dudsical :)

Dundee, Aberdeen, Glasgow Edinburgh if you like city life... as for large towns Stirling and Perth are lovely places... Dunfermlines a nice place.

avoid new towns like East Kilbride though...

actually, its a big place Scotland... any ideas what area you want to stay in? Highlands, central belt or lowlands?

Alexander Fleming and Lulu :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    vedder
    gossard
    Ament

wonder where those surnames originate from... ??

Vedder sounds Czech

Ament sounds Belgian/Dutch

Gossard...... dunno!!!
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    vedder
    gossard
    Ament

wonder where those surnames originate from... ??

Vedder sounds Czech

Ament sounds Belgian/Dutch

Gossard...... dunno!!!

You mean you didn't check on your house of names website :o I think you'll find a couple may be English :)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    Chime wrote:
    You mean you didn't check on your house of names website :o I think you'll find a couple may be English :)

ament definitely sounds frenchish

*he signs the petition* *oh and while theyre at it in scotland nip over to county antrim wood ye;s*
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
  • Options
    Chime wrote:

my house of names website only did Scottish names though.... hence McCready and Cameron :)

Vedder, Ament and Gossard... someone look them up for me :p
  • Options
    my house of names website only did Scottish names though.... hence McCready and Cameron :)

Vedder, Ament and Gossard... someone look them up for me :p

No it doesn't it also does the above, German, English, English.
  • Options
    on the pink pop 92 the interview with Ed after the chap says its Flemish ! (i think ) :o

Dunk , are u boycoting the Dublin thread and only posting here now ?????? lol
  • Options
    V V wrote:
    on the pink pop 92 the interview with Ed after the chap says its Flemish ! (i think ) :o

Dunk , are u boycoting the Dublin thread and only posting here now ?????? lol

so Vedder is Belgian then... wow!

no, no... i just havent been on much and i got kinda lost on the Dublin thread... basically it was about hoodies :confused:
  • Options
    Chime wrote:
    No it doesn't it also does the above, German, English, English.

wow... as usual you are more correct than me :(

vedder

Origin Displayed: German

Medieval Austria is the ancient homeland of the vedder family. Austria,
    which was originally home to a Celtic people, was conquered by the Roman
    Empire in about 15 BC. Following the fall of Rome, Austria was repeatedly
    invaded by barbarian tribes, such as the Vandals, Visigoths, and Huns, who
    swept in from the east. During the 5th and 6th centuries, the Alemanni,
    Avars and Slavs settled Austria. The Avars were defeated in 785 by the
    Frankish emperor Charlemagne, who set up the East Mark, which later became known as the Österreich. Austria was ruled by the Babenburger dynasty until 1278, when they were succeeded by the Hapsburg dynasty, which ruled Austria until the 20th century.

Spelling variations include: Vetter, Voetter (Bavaria), Votter (Bavaria), Vetters, Vetterle, Voetterl, Vetterling, Vetterlein, Vetterley,
    Vetterline, Vedder (northern Germany), Vett, Veth, Vether, Fett, Fetter,
    Fetters, Fetterle and many more.

First found in Bavaria, where the name, historically associated with the
    landed aristocracy, could be considered to have played a major role in the
    feudal society which became the backbone of early development of Europe.

Some of the first settlers of this name or some of its variants were: Georg Vetter, who came to Philadelphia in 1729. David Vetter arrived in Philadelphia in 1731; as did Lucas Vetter and his family, Margerita Vetter, and Sophia Vetter. Henrich Vetterley settled in Georgia in 1741. Settling in Texas were Andreas Vetter in 1851.

(Above is a small excerpt from our 1800 word history)
  • Options
    wow... as usual you are more correct than me :(

Why so sad :o it has to happen occassionally ;):p

Nah that was why I had posted that you might find a couple were English as I had looked them all up on the site when you first posted it :)
  • Options
    Chime wrote:
    Why so sad :o it has to happen occassionally ;):p

Nah that was why I had posted that you might find a couple were English as I had looked them all up on the site when you first posted it :)

ok.. just this once i stand corrected ;):)

gossard

Origin Displayed: English

Spelling variations include: Gossett, Gosset, Josset, Jossett, Gazzard and many more.

First found in Cambridgeshire where they were anciently seated as Lords of
    the Manor. Some of the first settlers of this name or some of its variants were: Peter Gossett, his wife Catherine Du Four, and their four children, who
    arrived in Pennsylvania between the years 1650-1765; Andrew E. Gossett, was on record in Texas in 1833.
  • Options
    ament

Origin Displayed: English

The Anglo-Saxon name ament comes from Hamon, an Old French personal name brought to England after the Norman Conquest in 1066.

Spelling variations include: Hammond, Hammon, Hammons, Hamon, Hamond and others.

First found in Kent where they were seated from very ancient times, some
    say well before the Norman Conquest and the arrival of Duke William at
    Hastings in 1066 A.D.
    Some of the first settlers of this name or some of its variants were:
    Daniel Hammond settled in Bermuda in 1635; Elizabeth Hammond and her
    husband settled in Boston Mass. in 1630 with their four children; Henry
    Hammond arrived in Fort Cumberland Nova Scotia with his wife and three
    children in 1774.
  • Options
    cameron

Origin Displayed: Scottish

The rugged west coast of Scotland and the desolate Hebrides islands are
    the ancestral home of the cameron family. Their name indicates that the
    original bearer lived in either Cameron near Edinburgh, Cameron in Lennox,
    or Cameron in Fife. Thus, the name Camerons of the Lowlands is of
    territorial origin, from one of the three places so called. The Highland
    clan name Cameron may come from the Lowland name, but it is also derived
    from the Gaelic word "cam-shron," which means "wry" or "hook-nosed." The
    Cameron Clan was described as 'Fiercer than fierceness itself' and it was
    reputed to be one of the most ancient clans of Scotland. The hereditary
    name of the chiefs of the Clan is MacDhomnuill Duibh, from their ancestor
    "Black Donald." The first assured chief of the clan was not found until
    1411, when Donald Du reigned in that year. Following this date, the clan
    split into three separate branches, one each at Letterfinlay, Strone and
    Glen Nevis, with the clan seat at Lochaber.

Spelling variations include: Cameron, MacGuillonies, MacSorlies and many
    more.
    First found in Angus where they were traditionally descended from the
    Kings of Denmark and assisted in the restoration of King Fergus II in the
    year 404.
    Some of the first settlers of this name or some of its variants were: the
    group who arrived on the ships, the "Sarah" and the "Dove" in Upper Canada
    in 1801; their holds filled with 700 Camerons and Frasers from the
    Lochaber country. The Camerons also settled in the U.S.A. in Carolina,
    Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, St. Christopher, Virginia, New York, Georgia,
    and California, in the 18th and 19th centuries. In Newfoundland, Alexander
    Cameron settled in St. John's in 1744.
  • Options
    JaymacJaymac Posts: 513
    The fact is.. they hated Scotland so much that they upped and left :D:D:D
    23/08/2006 - Dublin; 29/08/2006 - Arnhem; 30/08/2006 - Antwerp; 18/06/2007 - London; 18/08/2009 - London<br>

Proud member of the European Touring Bus 2006!
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    McCready: Origin...Ireland

First born son of the high king Mac Readie. Became a talented axeman who travelled far and wide. Raped a pillaged in the villages of scotlandia causeing all the inhabitants to believe that they too would become axemen and axebirds but alas it didn't materialise. All the great axemen did come from ireland. All McCreadys children in scotlandia became Dunkmen and lived happily ever after

:D
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Jaymac wrote:
    The fact is.. they hated Scotland so much that they upped and left :D:D:D

you're confusing Ireland and Scotland again :rolleyes:

Ireland = starvation and semtex importers

Scotland = education and inventors

its quite easy to remember which is which!!

:)
  • Options
    you're confusing Ireland and Scotland again :rolleyes:

Ireland = starvation and semtex importers

Scotland = education and inventors

its quite easy to remember which is which!!

:)

I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:
    McCready: Origin...Ireland

First born son of the high king Mac Readie. Became a talented axeman who travelled far and wide. Raped a pillaged in the villages of scotlandia causeing all the inhabitants to believe that they too would become axemen and axebirds but alas it didn't materialise. All the great axemen did come from ireland. All McCreadys children in scotlandia became Dunkmen and lived happily ever after

i see you have been quoting from irelands only joke book again... McCready is a scottish name... get over it!!

in fact... not one of our hallowed musical icons comes from Ireland... thats a bit of a fucker isnt it for you 'patriots'..... 2 englishmen, 2 scotsmen, one german/belgian and a hawaiian..

all that emigrating and you still couldnt even do that right... :)
  • Options
    i see you have been quoting from irelands only joke book again... McCready is a scottish name... get over it!!

in fact... not one of our hallowed musical icons comes from Ireland... thats a bit of a fucker isnt it for you 'patriots'..... 2 englishmen, 2 scotsmen, one german/belgian and a hawaiian..

all that emigrating and you still couldnt even do that right... :)

They're all from Ireland my good (dunk)man......have you not learned yet....Ireland is the centre of the universe :D:D:D
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:

Their all from Ireland my good (dunk)man......have you not learned yet....Ireland is the centre of the universe :D:D:D

their or there... yer thicker than a whale omelette :D
  • Options
    their or there... yer thicker than a whale omelette :D

Pardon??? I think you meant you are instead of yer thats not even a fucking word.......man YOU ARE thicker than a whale omelette ;)
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:
    Ireland is the centre of the universe :D:D:D

and your star sign has just told me that, and i quote... "as ireland is the centre of the universe, expect to see the whole of Ireland coming into Uranus.... "

hopefully that one comes true for you... :D
  • Options
    ok.. i stand corrected ;):)

At fucking last :D
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    and your star sign has just told me that, and i quote... "as ireland is the centre of the universe, expect to see the whole of Ireland coming into Uranus.... "

hopefully that one comes true for you... :D

No I'm a libra not a cancer like you ;)
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:
    Pardon??? I think you meant you are instead of yer thats not even a fucking word.......man YOU ARE thicker than a whale omelette ;)

*sighs*

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yer

obviously i meant yer in the colloquial scottish sense... but i give it to you in the bulgarian/russian cyrllic sense of the word ;):p

oh... and its "you're a whale..." NOT "you are a whale..." the latter is a comparative pro-noun and the former is an accusationary pro-noun :cool:
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:
    At fucking last :D

fuck... i forgot to edit that one :D:D