Options

How Would You personally Rank the Studio Albums? Updated

Comments

• Options
    STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    [quote="PJ_Soul"
    Fuck, FINE. Just note that this subject to change every 5 minutes. And i do consider Rearviewmirror and Lost Dogs studio albums (Lost Dogs isn't a compilation IMO. Just an album they were saving up for).
    G
    1. Lost Dogs
    2. No Code
    3. Vitalogy
    4. Yield
    5. Riot Act
    6. Ten
    7. Binaural
    8. Avocado
    9. Vs.
    10. Rearviewmirror
    11. Backspacer

:fp: That just feels really wrong.[/quote= PJ_Soul"]

No one has a gun to your head? This is a voluntary fun time that a few here have put several hours into. So it you want trash it. We won't feel bad. :crazy: :problem:
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,552
    STAYSEA wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Fuck, FINE. Just note that this subject to change every 5 minutes. And i do consider Rearviewmirror and Lost Dogs studio albums (Lost Dogs isn't a compilation IMO. Just an album they were saving up for).
    G
    1. Lost Dogs
    2. No Code
    3. Vitalogy
    4. Yield
    5. Riot Act
    6. Ten
    7. Binaural
    8. Avocado
    9. Vs.
    10. Rearviewmirror
    11. Backspacer

:fp: That just feels really wrong.

No one has a gun to your head? This is a voluntary fun time that a few here have put several hours into. So it you want trash it. We won't feel bad. :crazy: :problem:
    [/quote]
    Huh? I think you are misreading me. I have no problem, was feeling friendly. I wasn't trashing anything at all. Perhaps i should have used an emoticon. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,733
    It really is just slightly mind numbing to rank PJ's output, isn't it! I get it!

We should do this every few years to see how the trends change. But STAYSEA, we have to make sure you or Dimitris know how to calculate "intervals of favored variances within a chronological framework"... or what ever form of math is required to make the computations. I wouldn't have the foggiest notion. :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux wrote:
    It really is just slightly mind numbing to rank PJ's output, isn't it! I get it!

We should do this every few years to see how the trends change. But STAYSEA, we have to make sure you or Dimitris know how to calculate "intervals of favored variances within a chronological framework"... or what ever form of math is required to make the computations. I wouldn't have the foggiest notion. :lol:

We all 3 count differently. I want to scan my notes on my printer tomorrow. The results are odd. It's going to be a bunch of fun if we all submit together. It's going to be funky. I sure as heck couldn't have guessed the order myself.

No one else did either. But together we built it?
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    I wish I'd have voted!!!
  • Options
    moses562moses562 Posts: 1,382
    It changes every now and then...it is hard for me to really have a solid list but...

No Code
    Yield
    Binuaral
    Vs.
    Riot Act
    Ten
    Vitalogy
    S/T
    New Album
    Backspacer

Listened to Backspacer the other day...such a short album...and there are two or three songs that are just Ed...solo material. I will keep listening though...maybe one of these days I will appreciate it. That is what it took for Binuaual and Riot Act to grow on me.
    "A man has the right to be as big as he feels it in him to be." Ken Kesey
  • Options
    rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

I just CAN'T! I tried. Couldn't do it. :oops:

Lol, I know it is hard. I second guess my list every day but with the support of the forum, I get through it and so can you. NOW CHOOSE!
    G
    1. Lost Dogs
    2. No Code
    3. Vitalogy
    4. Yield
    5. Riot Act
    6. Ten
    7. Binaural
    8. Avocado
    9. Vs.
    10. Rearviewmirror
    11. Backspacer

:fp: That just feels really wrong.

There, now dont you feel worse? Kind of like you just told one of your kids you like the other one better.

Lost Dogs is the definition of a compilation album and Rearview mirror is a greatest hits/best of album. Neither are studio albums. :D
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I have finished my results.

This is the Order That the Albums are Played 3/29/2013.

Starting with the first album you play ending with the album you play the least

#1 Ten

#2 Yield

#3 Vitalogy

#4 No Code

#5 Vs

#6 Binaural Is the dominating number 6 spot by a landslide.

#7 Riot Act

#8 Avocado/ ST/ Pearl Jam

#9 Backspacer

So, in theory if any one of us went over to a ten club members house for tea. This is the most popular order they "we" play Pearl Jam's albums, and now we know. ... For now

(I scanned my notes but I didn't feel the need to post them, but I will if you want.)
    Post edited by STAYSEA on
  • Options
    Wow!! That's awesome!!
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    How is Vs tied for both #1 and #2 and #5?

Not sure I get the list and how you numbered it.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    How is Vs tied for both #1 and #2 and #5?

Not sure I get the list and how you numbered it.
    First place is.. Ten high play time over VS. low play time..
    And so on.. Was how I was reading it.. Am I wrong STAYSEA?
  • Options
    STAYSEA wrote:

#1 Ten and Vs

#2 Yield and Vs

#3 Yield and Vitalogy

#4 No Code and Vitalogy

#5 No code and Vs

#7 Riot Act and Avocado/ ST/ Pearl Jam

#8 Avocado/ ST/ Pearl Jam and Riot Act

#9 Backspacer

So, in theory if any one of us went over to a ten club members house for tea. This is the most popular order they "we" play Pearl Jam's albums, and now we know. ... For now

(I scanned my notes but I didn't feel the need to post them, but I will if you want.)

I don't get it. :?
  • Options
    JB128716JB128716 Posts: 2,064
    STAYSEA wrote:

So, in theory if any one of us went over to a ten club members house for tea. This is the most popular order they "we" play Pearl Jam's albums, and now we know. [/i])

Wait, I didn't know this was a list that I would play in order if I had a ten club member over my house for some tea. That changes everything!!!
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
    12 - DeLuna Fest, EV Orlando 1 & 2, EV Ft Lauderdale 1 & 2
    13 - Wrigley!!! ,Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford, OKC, Seattle
    14 - Leeds, Milton Keynes, St Louis
    16 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options
    I knew all along two of my three favorites, self-titled and Riot Act, would score low. What can I say- I dance to a different tune. :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I don't get it. :?
    I still dont.

How I'm reading it, Ten and Vs are tied at #1 for being people favorite.
    I dont understand how Vs can also be tied with Yield for #2 and then again at #5? :crazy:
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    brianlux wrote:

Okay Dimi ,and Brains... How do we score this one?

When I started setting up a tally chart I listed the 9 studio albums with halves like this:
    1 1/2
    2 1/2
    3 1/2
    4 1/2
    5 1/5
    6 1/2
    7 1/2
    8 1/2

So if someone rated two albums a tie after, lets say, their third choice, those two would each get 4 1/2 points instead of a 4 and 5 and then move on to 6 though 9.

For the situation with the last three being a tie, I would count all three as an 8 since 8 is the average of 7, 8 and 9. If someone rated the first three 1, 2, and 3 and then the next three a tie, those three would each get a 5 because the average of 4, 5 and 6 is 5.

Or you could tell anyone that uses ties to please try again.

Now you see why I got burned out fast trying to tally these scores. :lol: I would recommend everyone try to just list the 9 studio albums in a strict 1 to 9 order with no ties. If you feel two albums tie, flip a coin?[/quote]
  • Options
    the one with the lower number is leading,with the system i count them..

1.Yield 223
    2.Ten 234
    3.No Code 254
    4.Vs 263
    5.Vitalogy 321
    6.Binaural 411
    7.Riot Act 462
    8.S/T 491
    9.Backspacer 587

my head hurts.. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

ill do later a better count at 3 first,in case i miss anything..the rest are clear the difference
  • Options
    All three of us had a different way to keep score.
  • Options
    1. Yield
    2. No Code
    3. Vitalogy
    4. Binaural
    5. Riot Act
    6. Vs.
    7. Ten
    8. Avacodo
    9. Backspacer
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    Eh... what happened here?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,552
    october22 wrote:
    Eh... what happened here?
    :?: :?: :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    :lol::lol:

my two cents... I think Dimitris way makes most sense(at least I think it was his). If Vs is 1 and Yield is 2 then you give one point to Vs and 2 points to Yield. When it is all tallied order them by lowest to highest. Throw out the ties. ;)
  • Options
    :lol::lol:

my two cents... I think Dimitris way makes most sense(at least I think it was his). If Vs is 1 and Yield is 2 then you give one point to Vs and 2 points to Yield. When it is all tallied order them by lowest to highest. Throw out the ties. ;)

I like cents. Keep in mind Dimitri posted his count one month before I posted mine. Things change and they will always.
  • Options
    STAYSEA wrote:

#1 Ten

#2 Yield

#3 Vitalogy

#4 No Code

#5 Vs

#7 Riot Act

#9 Backspacer

HAPPY rearviewross???
  • Options
    Here is what I came up with. I abandoned the 1/2 point system in favor of equal points for albums listed as ties. Albums listed first got one point and last got nine. I only counted the nine studio albums since that is what most people listed.

So, the grand totals-- plus or minus a few points for errors (this was harder to do that it looks!) are as follows:

Yield............ 317
    No Code........ 339
    Ten...............346
    VS.................394
    Vitalogy...........422
    Binaural...........553
    Riot Act...........661
    Pearl Jam.........699
    Backspacer........823

Yield is the winner with No Code and Ten vying closely for second place. Good job everybody. :D

Happy listening and remember- the least favorite Pearl Jam album is better than no Pearl Jam at all. All told, it's a great body of work!

• Options
    brianlux wrote:
    Here is what I came up with. I abandoned the 1/2 point system in favor of equal points for albums listed as ties. Albums listed first got one point and last got nine. I only counted the nine studio albums since that is what most people listed.

So, the grand totals-- plus or minus a few points for errors (this was harder to do that it looks!) are as follows:

Yield............ 317
    No Code........ 339
    Ten...............346
    VS.................394
    Vitalogy...........422
    Binaural...........553
    Riot Act...........661
    Pearl Jam.........699
    Backspacer........823

Yield is the winner with No Code and Ten vying closely for second place. Good job everybody. :D

Happy listening and remember- the least favorite Pearl Jam album is better than no Pearl Jam at all. All told, it's a great body of work!

:D

So the most popular time for the band was the Jack Irons era, followed in order by the Daves. Which is pretty much how I feel. Also interesting that it is in chronological order with the Jack albums removed and put on top.

Thanks for putting the time and effort into this guys.
  • Options
    STAYSEA wrote:
    STAYSEA wrote:

#1 Ten

#2 Yield

#3 Vitalogy

#4 No Code

#5 Vs

#7 Riot Act

#9 Backspacer

HAPPY rearviewross???

:lol: I knew I turned into a pain in the ass. Sorry. Nice work. Thanks for all the time you put in Staysea. :D
  • Options

So the most popular time for the band was the Jack Irons era, followed in order by the Daves.

This is an excellent observation, rearviewross. I think all the Pearl Jam drummers have done fine work and would never slight any of them. Yet at the same time, I'm a big Jack Irons fan and it's great to see his influence acknowledged here. Thanks for pointing that out. :)

• Options
    edited April 2013
    STAYSEA wrote:
    STAYSEA wrote:

#1 Ten

#2 Yield

#3 Vitalogy

#4 No Code

#5 Vs

#7 Riot Act

#9 Backspacer

HAPPY rearviewross???

:lol: I knew I turned into a pain in the ass. Sorry. Nice work. Thanks for all the time you put in Staysea. :D

It wasn't just me. Everyone helped. It would have been nothing with out the posts and thoughts from everyone.

Brian and Dimitris Are Super awesome. I couldn't have done it with out them and Mamasan Bren. But we will keep it going.? I wanted to get opinions before the next shows. But it will always change. We are snowflakes.
    Post edited by STAYSEA on
  • Options
    It's been fun and interesting! Thanks for getting it started, STAYSEA. :)