Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 2 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    9 to 10,000

That's plenty!!!
    It's time to mosh Radelaide!!!
    Just had a look at the 2nd Leg and realised that my girlfriend's in Vegas around the time PJ are there!!!
    If she gets to meet the guys i'll be sooooooooo jealous
  • illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    Oz Jammer wrote:
    That's plenty!!!
    It's time to mosh Radelaide!!!

lmao!

i've never been to a gig at memorial drive, maybe this will be the first
    wah
    News just in........................ 2 SONGS ON LETTERMAN!!!!

That's huge!!!
    Does anyone know if a performer has ever played 2 songs on Letterman before??
  • MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,140
    Oz Jammer wrote:
    News just in........................ 2 SONGS ON LETTERMAN!!!!

That's huge!!!
    Does anyone know if a performer has ever played 2 songs on Letterman before??

Yes. Pearl Jam in 2003. (Or maybe it was that they were on 2 nights in a row) Can't remember.

Do you watch Letterman in Australasia?
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.  5-10-2024 Portland.  5-30-2024 Seattle.
  • Hey anybody got a link to those rumoured tour dates that were on the Big Day Out forum??? I wanna see if the 2nd leg matches up with the rumoured ones.
    Milestone wrote:
    Yes. Pearl Jam in 2003. (Or maybe it was that they were on 2 nights in a row) Can't remember.

They were on two nights in a row.
    'I Am Mine' on night 1
    'Save You' on night 2

To answer your second question i would have to say sometimes but mostly when PJ are on
    Heading off :(
    Catch ya later!!!
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    Hey anybody got a link to those rumoured tour dates that were on the Big Day Out forum??? I wanna see if the 2nd leg matches up with the rumoured ones.

The 2nd leg rumoured dates don't match up with the official ones... There has to be a third leg announced soon also.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
    Milestone wrote:

Its on channel 9 very late.... Don't think many ppl watch it except for when PJ are on it hehe.

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
    Zoso wrote:
    Its on channel 9 very late.... Don't think many ppl watch it except for when PJ are on it hehe.

its on in a few hours live at my place :D
    wah
    Pappas wrote:
    dun think those are official
    dont thin PJ would play memorial drive again, how many ppl can that hold

the adel e-centre is the worst arena in the known universe so they better play at the tennis centre!

its on in a few hours live at my place :D

oh? hows that I have foxtel and its not on that either live..... explain please

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers will be touring this summer. The final schedule will not be available until next week at which time you will be notified. Meanwhile we want you to be the first to know that the tour which celebrates the bands 30th anniversary and will start on June 9, will include some dates with some very special friends and opening acts. For example we can confirm that Pearl Jam will be on two Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers shows in St Paul at the Excel Arena on June 26 and 27 and also two shows in Denver at the Pepsi Center on July 2 and 3.

There will be more shows with Pearl Jam and other exciting announcements will follow. Presales and other special opportunities for Tom Petty and the Heartbreaker’s fans will be available so please stay tuned and keep checking TomPetty.Com for details.

You have probably read that a new Tom Petty album will be released this summer. Although there is no official release date confirmed yet, Highway Companion will be released in July.

more shows with pearl jam? :)
    wah
    Zoso wrote:
    oh? hows that I have foxtel and its not on that either live..... explain please

we dont have cable, i dunno what it is, but we get a live feed of prime time and late night cbs :eek:
    wah
    we dont have cable, i dunno what it is, but we get a live feed of prime time and late night cbs :eek:

sounds kinda special.. your dad isnt john howard is he.

I'm jealous!!
    Some more 'hot off the press' news............. Pearl Jam's performance on Letterman to be streamed live on the internet!!!!
    :D
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Oz Jammer wrote:
    Some more 'hot off the press' news............. Pearl Jam's performance on Letterman to be streamed live on the internet!!!!

Awesome..... :D
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • ozpjmanozpjman Posts: 870
    Oz Jammer wrote:

Very nice!

Also, another thread stated that 1 song will be the "Late Night Classic" ' Will it Float.'

I have no idea what that song is
    Stars walk the red carpet because they're famous - I walk the toilet paper because im the shit.
    ozpjman wrote:
    Very nice!

Also, another thread stated that 1 song will be the "Late Night Classic" ' Will it Float.'

I have no idea what that song is

It's the 'jingle' for a contest they run, where they ask people whether a certain item will sink or float and then they throw the item into a pool.
    Saw it about a month ago when they did it from the Playboy mansion.
    I pray to god every day hoping that i'm Hugh Hefner's lovechild :)
  • Oz Jammer wrote:

I can't see anthing about it yet.
    Anybody have any thoughts about who'll support PJ over here?
    I've been told by a 'little birdie' that it'll be Kings of Leon, but who knows, anything coould happen.
    I can't see anthing about it yet.
    eitheer can I... anyway I have dial-up so its no use to me anyways......

Oz Jammer wrote:
    I've been told by a 'little birdie' that it'll be Kings of Leon, but who knows, anything coould happen.

kings of leon would be pretty damn awesome I would have thought!! I have heard this rumour also... I do hope its an Aussie act though. Please not Powderfinger hehe

• Zoso wrote:
    kings of leon would be pretty damn awesome I would have thought!! I have heard this rumour also... I do hope its an Aussie act though. Please not Powderfinger hehe

Would love to see The Grates support them
    Wave came crashing...
    Zoso wrote:

Unfortunately I think Bernard Fanning's ego would stop him ever supporting anyone else.
    Powderfinger rock!!
    Saw them at the Brisbane Riverstage in 03. Awesome show!! Awesome venue!!
    Pearl Jam should definately consider this venue when they tour. Right in the heart of the city, directly on the river. One of the best venues i've ever been to
    Would love to see The Grates support them

Yeah the grates would be alright..... Their is a band called Mexico City from Brissy who would fit into the opening act slot nicely for PJ....

• worldsrivalworldsrival Posts: 260
    Oz Jammer wrote:

damn that'd be so good! anyone else see em at the BDO this year?

if nothing is everything i would have it all
    They usually bring a support with them, don't they? (excluding Betchadupa in 03)
    Maybe it's time for the boys to promote some Aussie rockers for a change............. Wolfmother maybe?
This discussion has been closed.