Options

Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 2 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• Options
    Milestone wrote:
    Because Americans take pride in our teeth. Some go as far as to bleach them. Strange as it may seem, this is an American tradition dating back to our separation from England.

hehe cause the english have horrible teeth, its funny cause its true! :D
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour: Member No.5-+--+
    ~~~~~http://www.myspace.com/breakerfallpj~~~~~

YieldInHiding: "RED DOT is an intermission...not "filler." I hate that word. Filler is what's in a Twinkie."
  • Options
    MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,140
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Americans in general....you hurt my ears....

Americans talk loudly because they feel they need to be heard. Everyone else's conversations will be drown out. Sadly, they are usually saying something embarassing, so everyone seems to hear it. This plays into why we have a reputation for being loud and obnoxious.
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.  5-10-2024 Portland.  5-30-2024 Seattle.
  • Options
    ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    hey has anyone heard/seen anything about the new pj video clip. one of my friends said she has seen it. and seeing the single has now been 'officially' released shouldnt the video clip be out as well? i was just curious cause i hadnt seen it mentioned anywhere.

She's SEEN it??? Where? When? How?

I didn't even know they were doing a filmclip until yesterday....I hope it's of them live and going off....
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Options
    Milestone wrote:
    Americans talk loudly because they feel they need to be heard. Everyone else's conversations will be drown out. Sadly, they are usually saying something embarassing, so everyone seems to hear it. This plays into why we have a reputation for being loud and obnoxious.

Thanks Milestone.....the teeth thing is VERY interesting!!!
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,702
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Me too...but I was wondering if she saw it get locked and THEN she got banned???? I just thought it would be strange for the other guy to get banned when she posted the link too....

HANG ON?!?!? Didn't Illegal Pants post a couple of links of it too....Yousendit or something?!?!?!

That's it......down to the end of the Member List for you! ;) Maybe she was smart enough to delete them before the mods saw...

I remember making a post in there yesterday warning people about posting links in case the thread got locked / deleted. I feel like I jinxed it! :(
  • Options
    Murder wrote:
    I think this thread restart has put a new spark into everything..

10 pages in a few hours!!! :D

I know! It's fantastic! It's good that the thread got deleted at a time when there's so much to talk about....singles, filmclips, tour dates, album cover art etc etc....we'll get back there in no time!
  • Options
    E.K wrote:
    I remember making a post in there yesterday warning people about posting links in case the thread got locked / deleted. I feel like I jinxed it! :(

I mentioned it too.....every thread/post regarding Unemployable was getting deleted though....not just ours -- they would have found it regardless.
  • Options
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    I mentioned it too.....every thread/post regarding Unemployable was getting deleted though....not just ours -- they would have found it regardless.

Deleted or just locked?
  • Options
    PappasPappas Posts: 809
    the list of australasian pit members is rapidly growing too! every few mins i get an email saying ive got a pm :)

question: whats the deal with this pre order from ten club an get the bonus stuff? if we pre order, will we get the album before or at the same time as everyone else or like the christmas single will we get it 3 months late?

Even Flow Psycho Member #039

******Message Pit Australian Tour Members********
    rumour starter President & Member #1

www.myspace.com/pappas99
  • Options
    MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,140
    I know that many of you in lands far away have not yet received your copy of "Deep". Some kind soul has scanned some of the pages, if you want a peek.

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=170931
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.  5-10-2024 Portland.  5-30-2024 Seattle.
  • Options
    Pappas wrote:
    the list of australasian pit members is rapidly growing too! every few mins i get an email saying ive got a pm :)

question: whats the deal with this pre order from ten club an get the bonus stuff? if we pre order, will we get the album before or at the same time as everyone else or like the christmas single will we get it 3 months late?

I pre-ordered the new CD this morning from the Ten Club. The CD costs $14 plus $11 shipping and they said to allow four weeks for delivery.
  • Options
    Pappas wrote:

That's what I want to know....and even if they say it will be here on time, will it really? I don't know whether I should do it or not -- because I'll be able to get that New Years Eve concert from somewhere else anyway, won't I? And is the New Years Eve concert a download? Or actual cd???

And we'll have postage on top of the price too!!!! Hardly seems worth it.
  • Options
    E.K wrote:
    I pre-ordered the new CD this morning from the Ten Club. The CD costs $14 plus $11 shipping and they said to allow four weeks for delivery.

So that's $25 American.....and converted that would be.....?
  • Options
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    She's SEEN it??? Where? When? How?

I didn't even know they were doing a filmclip until yesterday....I hope it's of them live and going off....

im still trying to work out if she is messing with me or not, she is a big fan but also has a warped sence of humour (which could b at work here) she said it is a lot of bombs goin off and that it is great. not much really and i dont know if its true. ill keep u informed

YieldInHiding: "RED DOT is an intermission...not "filler." I hate that word. Filler is what's in a Twinkie."
  • Options
    E.K wrote:
    Deleted or just locked?

Deleted from what I can understand.....
  • Options
    I refure to ever preorder stuff, how annoying is it when it hasnt arrived at the store you preordered and you see it for cheaper in another store.. and you cant buy it because it hasnt arrived in the lame store you chose to preorder it in.
    ...The Moon is Rollin' Round....
  • Options
    E.K wrote:

yeah tho the bit i dont think anyone is sure of yet is if that 4 weeks is as of now, or may 2nd... cause id happily pay more if i get it in 4 weeks!

• Options
    im still trying to work out if she is messing with me or not, she is a big fan but also has a warped sence of humour (which could b at work here) she said it is a lot of bombs goin off and that it is great. not much really and i dont know if its true. ill keep u informed

Thanks -- keep me informed!

However, if it would have been released, there would have been a million posts say "I HATE IT" "I LOVE IT" "THEY'RE SELLING OUT" etc....don't you think?
  • Options
    OK...you can imagine how i felt last night. i get home at 2am....scan thru 6 pages to get to the Aussie thread and see the little padlock on the title. My heart sunk...i didnt know what had happened.

so i start reading, i realise there are 10 pages of reading to do and something must have gone down after i left.

reading along.....see E.K's post about them shutting down threads and i knew straight away. I even sat there staring at the P.C and in my head i was yelling at Stella "Why didnt you ring me at work".....her posts saying Tig's at work im geting scared now. lol, the mind is a strange thing. Fuck.......i think i nearly cried. I spent the next hour and a half PMing and scanning all the 600 people on for an aussie so i had someone to share the pain with....to no avail.

So I did not get banned...didnt even get a pm from Kat or Sea.

I just want everyone to know that what I did was for the benefit of all us Aussies and at the time I was so excited because we had this new single all of a sudden and all I wanted to do was share it with you all. So again, im sorry.

The new thread has a good feeling bout it tho
    Wanna say thankyou to all whom I shared a post with in the old thread. It was a shit load of fun.
    and if you wanna burn down my house, put a funny name infront of my username, demote me or whatever, go ahead.

Its great to be back here. Told ya the Avo was BULLSHIT :D:D:D

ahhhhhh.....feels good :p
    he who forgets will be destined to remember
  • Options
    DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    That's what I want to know....and even if they say it will be here on time, will it really? I don't know whether I should do it or not -- because I'll be able to get that New Years Eve concert from somewhere else anyway, won't I? And is the New Years Eve concert a download? Or actual cd???

Yep thats my thoughts. Im just gonna get my sexy little arse down the the record store on the 29th.

Whats with the Australasian member number thinga me bob?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    yeah tho the bit i dont think anyone is sure of yet is if that 4 weeks is as of now, or may 2nd... cause id happily pay more if i get it in 4 weeks!

Yeah, if it's 4 weeks from now (I thought I read 4-6 weeks), I'll preorder it so I have it by mid-April instead of the beginning of May.

Is the New Years Eve concert a download or cd?

And didn't it say you can DOWNLOAD the song at midnight the night the album gets released???? Why would they do that if everyone had the album by then???
  • Options
    Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    ZiggyStar wrote:

All up it works out to be around AU$34. That's not too bad seeing as places like Sanity charge $29.99, and that's without the bonus disc.
    I don't mind getting it late cos you get the download, so i'll just burn the download onto a cd until i receive the proper one in the post.
    I'll probably get the new album before my xmas single
  • Options
    Milestone wrote:
    I know that many of you in lands far away have not yet received your copy of "Deep". Some kind soul has scanned some of the pages, if you want a peek.

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=170931
    thanks ambassador, much appreciated, good to see ur doing ur job :)

www.myspace.com/pappas99
  • Options
    DonJon wrote:
    Yep thats my thoughts. Im just gonna get my sexy little arse down the the record store on the 29th.

Whats with the Australasian member number thinga me bob?

PM Pappas with your name and 10c number (if you have one) and you can become an official member of this thread!
  • Options

Four weeks from May 2nd. People are talking about how they will just buy from a record store on May 2nd rather than wait for it to be shipped to them which is fair enough, but they won't get the bonus CD or the free download on May 2nd so I still think it is worth it.
  • Options
    Oz Jammer wrote:
    All up it works out to be around AU$34. That's not too bad seeing as places like Sanity charge $29.99, and that's without the bonus disc.
    I don't mind getting it late cos you get the download, so i'll just burn the download onto a cd until i receive the proper one in the post.
    I'll probably get the new album before my xmas single

Good points Oz Jammer....good points.....

hmmmm **ponders**
  • Options
    E.K wrote:
    Four weeks from May 2nd. People are talking about how they will just buy from a record store on May 2nd rather than wait for it to be shipped to them which is fair enough, but they won't get the bonus CD or the free download on May 2nd so I still think it is worth it.

Oh....4 weeks from 2 May....too long for me to wait because I'm impatient and I know I'll want to see all the artwork etc....nah, I'll just copy the bonus CD from someone else....
  • Options
    OK...you can imagine how i felt last night. i get home at 2am....scan thru 6 pages to get to the Aussie thread and see the little padlock on the title. My heart sunk...i didnt know what had happened.

so i start reading, i realise there are 10 pages of reading to do and something must have gone down after i left.

reading along.....see E.K's post about them shutting down threads and i knew straight away. I even sat there staring at the P.C and in my head i was yelling at Stella "Why didnt you ring me at work".....her posts saying Tig's at work im geting scared now. lol, the mind is a strange thing. Fuck.......i think i nearly cried. I spent the next hour and a half PMing and scanning all the 600 people on for an aussie so i had someone to share the pain with....to no avail.

I just want everyone to know that what I did was for the benefit of all us Aussies and at the time I was so excited because we had this new single all of a sudden and all I wanted to do was share it with you all. So again, im sorry.

Wanna say thankyou to all whom I shared a post with in the old thread. It was a shit load of fun.
    and if you wanna burn down my house, put a funny name infront of my username, demote me or whatever, go ahead.

there will be no burning...good to have ya back vice vice president :)

www.myspace.com/pappas99
  • Options
    Won't Tig have a pleasant surprise when she comes back and we're already over 200 posts!!!!

Where is she? I'm getting worried she's still banned....the other guys had to ask to be reinstated....hope she does too...
  • Options

Fuck....I totally missed this.....

Glad you're back....I was getting worried...
This discussion has been closed.