Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 2 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• imtheoceanimtheocean Posts: 8
    Pretty sure it was last night.
  • SarahCanadaSarahCanada Posts: 196
    this fell to page nine!

supposed to get the dates tomorrow! someone must know something by now yeah? leaks?
    I went to the concert
    And I fought through the crowd
    Guess I got a little too excited
    When I thought you were around
  • galvanise wrote:
    Hi I work at the festival centre in adelaide AND TODAY I NEARLY SHAT MY SELF FROM HAPPINESS. There was a newsletter on the wall and it said that the organisers from event groups are talking to the promotors who are promoting pearl jam in australia. They are are trying to secure a date and loaction at the present moment. There was a message on the bottom of the page to register name for tickets and how many we want. How cool is that this is no bull shit. I had to share the info

What about NZ? We havnt had them since 98.
  • galvanise wrote:
    Hi I work at the festival centre in adelaide AND TODAY I NEARLY SHAT MY SELF FROM HAPPINESS. There was a newsletter on the wall and it said that the organisers from event groups are talking to the promotors who are promoting pearl jam in australia. They are are trying to secure a date and loaction at the present moment. There was a message on the bottom of the page to register name for tickets and how many we want. How cool is that this is no bull shit. I had to share the info

awesome! thanks for the info :) please keep us informed if anything new pops up!
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour: Member No.5-+--+
    ~~~~~http://www.myspace.com/breakerfallpj~~~~~

YieldInHiding: "RED DOT is an intermission...not "filler." I hate that word. Filler is what's in a Twinkie."
  • filthy_canvisfilthy_canvis Posts: 813
    galvanise wrote:
    WOW thats cool news but i really hope that the employees don't get too many or the best tix that should be reserved for 10c members
    Bitch Be Cool 8)
    BRISBANE 1998,2003,2006,2009!!!
    Christchurch 2009
    Oh I'm a lucky man to count those I love on two hands

come say hi on facebook http://www.facebook.com/sean.montgomery
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    galvanise wrote:

well i hope with tour dates being annouced tomorrow they would have got a date and venue already?
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • ramspamramspam Posts: 130
    So are the tour dates being announced tommorow and the tickets going on sale or are the tickets going on sale later? I'm kinda screwed if they go on sale tommorow as I'll be in school.
    Only fools have signatures...

+--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour:Member #20-+--+
  • illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    ramspam wrote:
    So are the tour dates being announced tommorow and the tickets going on sale or are the tickets going on sale later? I'm kinda screwed if they go on sale tommorow as I'll be in school.

i think it's a safe bet tix aren't on sale tomorrow :)
    wah
    i think it's a safe bet tix aren't on sale tomorrow :)
    seems to be within a week of announcement the start to go on sale

pretty hyped though
    Bitch Be Cool 8)
    Christchurch 2009

seems to be within a week of announcement the start to go on sale

pretty hyped though

nah not long at all

all happening this week!
    wah
  • heyjoseheyjose Posts: 503
    hey everyone

edit : we'll have just over a week to buy tix from tomorrow. or gen public anyways. ;)
    1995: Melbourne 1
    1998: Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2003: Sydney 1, 2, 3, Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2006: Sydney 1, 2, Melbourne 1, 2, 3, Sydney 3, Newcastle, Adelaide 1, 2, Perth
    2009: LA 1, 2, Melbourne, Sydney
    2014: Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney

• threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    heyjose wrote:
    hey everyone

edit : we'll have just over a week to buy tix from tomorrow. or gen public anyways. ;)

cool you answered my question with your edit
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
    yeah i dunno about 10c

all i know is gen public is on sale not this week, but later in the week after

• aurgh! im soo pissed off! i started downloading the after show concert on friday (160mg on a 256k connection) and it stopped at 87%!!!!!!! man im pissed! i really wanted to see that again! :( oh and has anyone watched the encore thats up on the letterman website now?? my net has since slowed down (went over my limit with the last download) and so i cant stream it!

man i could go some tour announcements to cheer me up.... :rolleyes:
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour: Member No.5-+--+
    ~~~~~http://www.myspace.com/breakerfallpj~~~~~

YieldInHiding: "RED DOT is an intermission...not "filler." I hate that word. Filler is what's in a Twinkie."
  • soapyrowssoapyrows Posts: 235
    i wanna follow pj around australia!!! but i really need to know when u2 are coming back so i can make plans!!! obviously they're not going to clash or it would upset too many people, but i would like to have some idea as to when it is so that i can figure out which pj shows i'm going to!!!! i know the tour was postponed for a perfectly good reason, and my wishes go to edge's family, but i need a general idea!!! anyone else in this boat?? actually i'm sure there are quite a few of us.......

ps. bring on the myer music bowl for pj!!!!
    EVENFLOW MEMBER #009 and i'm LOVIN the new PJ!!!! avacado all the way!!

i know someday you'll have a beautiful life,
    i HOPE you'll be a star,
    in somebody elses sky, but why, why, why can't it be, why can't it be mine?!
    PJ_Mad_Mel wrote:
    Gee, there's lotsa people posting today,this was on page 2, although i missed it first time round and ended up at some ridiculous page before giving up and finding my last post!!!
    So tomorrow is the big day, yay!!! However, i have a couple of q's that seasoned 10C members will hopefully clear up for me.
    Tour dates are announced tomorrow, 10C tix go on the sale next week or week after seems to be the general concesus, and I'm assuming we'll get emails telling us when to jump on and buy them, but what about for shows they tack on? The last 2 times PJ has come to Oz, Brissy has always been allocated 1 show, and then another show after the first tour announcement. Is the added show announed early enough so that we can still get 10C tix for it in the same way? Actually I s'pose it wouldn't really matter cos they'd still have alloated 10C tix. Don't mind me guys, all the fumes from the floor washing detergent stuff seem to have seeped into my brain!!!!
    Anyway, a question that I can't answer mself after raving on for 5 mins, if we don't buy 10c tix for the first show does this mean we can buy them for the 2nd? An dif we do buy tix for the first show, dos this preclude us from buying them for the 2nd?? The plan is for me to buy tix to one show, an my sister to buy tix for the other show so we get 10c tix for both brissy shows however i don't want a monumental fuck up and end up with 4 tix to one show and none to the 2nd!!!!!!!
    Any idea what time will the announcment go up? Are we talking midnight tonight, or are we talking 9am tomorrow morning????
    Yours in eager anticipation (and surrounded by a cloud of fumes apparently!!!)

lol!!! monumental fuck up!!! that's an awesome line!!

o yeah, and are they basing 10C ticket sales on seniority still?

i HOPE you'll be a star,
    PJ_Mad_Mel wrote:
    why thank you, unfortunately they seem to be the kind I'm best at!! And ending up with 4 tix to 1 show and none to the 2nd would definitely fall into that category!!!!!
    I'm going on the assumption that they're allocating tix to seniority so my sister and I are screwed in that regard. our numbers start with 366xxx so that pretty much whacks us at the end of the queue, unless there's not too many brisvegas fans who'e been joined since time began, don't see us getting that lucky tho!!!!

yeah my no's not so great either at 337xxx but there's probably a lot more melbournian 10C members than brissy ones, so i'd say we're kinda in a similar boat

i HOPE you'll be a star,
    PJ_Mad_Mel wrote:
    why thank you, unfortunately they seem to be the kind I'm best at!! And ending up with 4 tix to 1 show and none to the 2nd would definitely fall into that category!!!!!
    I'm going on the assumption that they're allocating tix to seniority so my sister and I are screwed in that regard. our numbers start with 366xxx so that pretty much whacks us at the end of the queue, unless there's not too many brisvegas fans who'e been joined since time began, don't see us getting that lucky tho!!!!
    well at least i know i'll be in front of you lol
    Bitch Be Cool 8)
    Christchurch 2009

PJ_Mad_Mel wrote:
    we'll all have to compare numbers and seating, although that may end up causing heart ache!!!!! Any other Brisvegas 10c members out there care to put me out of my misery and give me a vague idea of where i'll end up in the pecking order of numbers?!!!!!! This is much better than doing my psych board stuff!!! It's such a good thing i didn't discover this message board whil I was still at uni, or I'd still be there now!!!!

start a thread for brisvegas 10C members and find out!! i'll do a melb one

i HOPE you'll be a star,
    LOL congrats :D there's most of our 10c numbers on post 1

this has been bugging me pappas.. can you fix the spelling of original :eek:
    wah
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    soapyrows wrote:
    i wanna follow pj around australia!!! but i really need to know when u2 are coming back so i can make plans!!! obviously they're not going to clash or it would upset too many people, but i would like to have some idea as to when it is so that i can figure out which pj shows i'm going to!!!! i know the tour was postponed for a perfectly good reason, and my wishes go to edge's family, but i need a general idea!!! anyone else in this boat?? actually i'm sure there are quite a few of us.......

ps. bring on the myer music bowl for pj!!!!

I couldnt give a flying fuck abitu U2 hehe... but thats just me!

I would love to follow PJ around Aus but couldnt afford it seeing I have tixs to 3 show in the states..
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
    PJ_Mad_Mel wrote:
    hmmm, aren't too many greater than my number darn it!!! Not sure tho, which city all those people will be getting tix for, when i get obsessive about soemthing I tend to go the whole way, and PJ is probably my greatest obsession, well that and diet coke!!!!! Altho diet coke ismore of an addiction. same can be said PJ as well tho!

i used to be so obsessed with PJ. it's died down a lot now cos i've found heaps of other bands that i love. although PJ are still the greatest. man i was so sad i used to have to have every single little thing to do with PJ or hear it or see it.

i HOPE you'll be a star,
    PJ_Mad_Mel wrote:
    oh you poor thing, that sux for you...NOT!!! You'l have to let us know if there's difference between states shows and oz shows (apart from all the americans of course!)

well I wasnt complaining! I'm very lucky to have a chance to see pj in the states.

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
    PJ_Mad_Mel wrote:
    no, i wouldn't imagine that would be something you'd be able to complain about!!!!! Except for maybe the weather if you went soemwhre really hot or cold. i wish my piggy bank lent itself to that kinda concert going, damn piggy bank, damn peter beattie and his crappy paying government jobs!!!

yeah its not cheap.... I have no money left haha

i won some money last year, spent some and still have some left over, so that'll be taking me round to 5 or so aussie pj shows. :):)

i HOPE you'll be a star,
    yeah, this can do your head in a bit when you obsess... it's that fear of not making the best of it. i really regret only going to one show back in 95 and that's carried over!

think i'll do all melb, a couple of syd and possibly one other city, but will decide that this week!

PJ_Mad_Mel wrote:
    You'll have to let us know if there's difference between states shows and oz shows (apart from all the americans of course!)

there will be americans at the shows here too.

in general the fans of the radio hits aka 1991-1994 will walk in and out of the show the entire time, more focused on buying beer than what is happening on stage. the 10C unfortunately as no exception to this.. definitely not all, but there are some people that are there for reasons other than the music. but, front few rows are always awesome.
    I went to the concert
    heyjose wrote:
    yeah, this can do your head in a bit when you obsess... it's that fear of not making the best of it. i really regret only going to one show back in 95 and that's carried over!

think i'll do all melb, a couple of syd and possibly one other city, but will decide that this week!

i regret every show i could have gone to and didnt for whatever reason- oh yeah, life, school, exams etc.

need to make the most of the dates that pop up here. soon, i hope. anticipation is killing me.
    I went to the concert
    http://www.ariacharts.com.au/pages/charts_display.asp?chart=1A50

well we saw that coming :D

i like to say 'the avo is GOLD' haha

dates in just over 14 hours... whoaaa
    wah
    PJ_Mad_Mel wrote:
    well realistically if you're going to be in america for some of he concerts, then you won't need a house or a car in Oz anyway!!! Although the car could be handy to sleep in once yo get back!! Besides, the momeories will be awesome, i'd do it if i had the money for sure!! Damn cruise, i knew soemthing else would come along! Altho, the cruie was fantastic, despite what the media says about them!

well I will have a little money left over when I get back to oz... very tempting to grab tickets to a melb show but realistically can't afford it for good reason. I'm extrmely satisified with 3 shows on the west coast of America! I cant ask for more than that..

This discussion has been closed.