Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 2 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• heyjoseheyjose Posts: 503
    evenin everyone...

thought i'd share this. please don't flame haha. had to turn it around very quickly over the weekend for today's issue of Inpress. wish i could've spent more time on it, but i think it's ok. if you're a fan of big wave, well, sorry! :)

ps. can i get a hands up of who's in melbourne??

PEARL JAM PEARL JAM
    J Records / Sony BMG

15 years ago, Pearl Jam had one album to their name, but what an album it was. Home to impassioned, reverb-soaked, giant epics, Ten remains to this day one of the best debuts ever. And if Ten launched Pearl Jam into the stratosphere, the often ferocious follow-up Vs kicked them right into orbit. But at the top of their game, Pearl Jam backed away, refusing to play the music video game whilst mounting a hard-fought battle against a ticketing giant, amongst other notable causes. Yet as their commendable, anti-commercial stance was met with both respect and impatience, the music never waned. Well, not till the millennium anyway. From the slightly darker, more twisted and more experimental Vitalogy through to the looser, transcendental No Code and the richly-inspired Yield, Pearl Jam continued to thrive, even if the sales figures weren’t a smidge of what they once were. But then, as even hardcore fans have come to admit, something was sorely missing from 2000’s Binaural and 2002’s Riot Act, whether it be in the production, the performance, or even the songwriting.

So please welcome back the mojo. Fittingly self-titled, album #8 is Pearl Jam’s first non-Epic studio release. As for the avocado on the front, who really knows why, but one thing’s for sure: with a renewed sense of vigour, the Seattle Five are once again firing on all rawk cylinders. But now the fight isn’t against just one or two big corporations: it’s pretty much all of them, plus, of course, a Government failing its citizens. However, don’t just expect to be bombarded by anti-war sentiment. As Pearl Jam get down in the trenches, Eddie Vedder calculatedly speaks his mind with articulated prose, berating Bush on the deceivingly radio-friendly groove of World Wide Suicide for “writing cheques that others pay” and then scuffing along with the blue-collar man on the street to the rolling, dry rock rumble of Unemployable.

Elsewhere, intensity abounds on barnstorming opener Life Wasted and the devilish fury of Severed Hand. While the former kicks things off on a nice ‘n’ crunchy garage rock note (with Mike McCready shredding to high heaven), it’s the latter that finds the band in top notch. Though the verse riff is mighty similar to Ten’s Porch, the guitar barrage is superb as Vedder goes three sheets to the wind as a careless character primed to get his kicks. But for a quick fix, try punk highlight Comatose. With shades of Spin the Black Circle and Habit, this is Pearl Jam sounding as alive as ever; Vedder in full, teeth-gnashing flight over 2:19 of pure McCready/Gossard magic. “Feel it rising!” he strains. “Yeh, next stop falling.”

Pearl Jam is not solely a hard rock affair; that crooning baritone returns for Stone Gossard’s Beatles-esque, sunset dance Parachutes and the affecting, old-school R&B ballad that is Come Back. In fact, despite its simplicity, Come Back gets better and more poignant as the seconds tick over, with smoky guitar lines and a teary-eyed Vedder pleading “come back…I’ll be here.” Unlike Black, a despondent tale of heartbreak written by a 25-year-old, this is from the heart of a much wiser lover at 41. But if it’s hair-raising chills you’re after, look no further than Marker in the Sand, the best tasting part of this avocado. Expressive drumming from Matt Cameron (harking back to his Soundgarden days) and a stop-start McCready riff give way to a stunning chorus which elevates this to classic status. “What went wrong? / Walking tightrope high / Over moral ground,” sings a wary but open-hearted Vedder, posing questions to religious faithful the world over. And as the song skips along to a faster outro that ends all too soon, you just know it’ll go down a treat live, as will so many on this new record.

Seven-minute closer Inside Job, the first Pearl Jam track with music and words by McCready, initially bears a little too much similarity to Vedder’s part sombre, part uplifting escape tale Gone. But as the song builds, it earns its bookend position with several Stairway to Heaven-esque moments. As for Big Wave, it’s fairly forgettable filler, save for the final 30 seconds (which recall Yield’s Push Me, Pull Me, also by Jeff Ament). A minor glitch.

As so many of Pearl Jam’s peers lose the plot, this cohesive instalment must lay to rest any doubts of relevancy. Ain’t bad going for a bunch of guys mostly in their 40’s.
    1995: Melbourne 1
    1998: Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2003: Sydney 1, 2, 3, Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2006: Sydney 1, 2, Melbourne 1, 2, 3, Sydney 3, Newcastle, Adelaide 1, 2, Perth
    2009: LA 1, 2, Melbourne, Sydney
    2014: Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney

• ved_zep wrote:
    its the intro to alive, the first few notes is just the slide on the start of the studio track.
    im thinking of updating it. any suggestions??

Yellow Led???

9---h11--9
    9---h11--
    Wave came crashing...
  • ved_zepved_zep Posts: 50
    yea that might look good actually, i might type it up
    -|
    |
    |
    |
    -|
    |
    |
    |
    -|
    0-|-2
    2-2-2-|-2
    0-|
    -|
    0---|-2----0h7h9---7vvv--2-2-2-|-2----0h7h9--7-9b10r9-7-0-|
    -|-10\
    |-0-/7
    0-0-0-|-0-/7
    |
    -|
    |
    |
    |

• rocketrocket Posts: 78
    ticket details pushed back to monday aaaaaarrggghh!!!!!!
    someday you'll have a beautiful life i know you'll be a star.why can't it be ,can't it be in mine?
  • E.KE.K Posts: 7,709
    heyjose wrote:
    As for Big Wave, it’s fairly forgettable filler

Sacrilege! Big Wave is one of the best songs on the album.
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

• HeyJose...cool article!
    Wave came crashing...
  • Ian_LIan_L Posts: 101
    HeyJose...cool article!

QFT
    A good read.
  • rocketrocket Posts: 78
    jose great article.well worth the read
    someday you'll have a beautiful life i know you'll be a star.why can't it be ,can't it be in mine?
  • UNDONE*21UNDONE*21 Posts: 207
    Good writting jose ;)

Just pondering on the GA or seating situation. Is the Europe tour GA?

for a guy like me GA would be awsome, but i can understand how some people would rather seating which is fine. Either way its Pearl Jam and we are all going to have the time of our lives!!! :)
    Like a cloud dropping rain, I'm discarding allllll thought.
  • jemmsjemms Posts: 664
    Pappas wrote:
    i have the whole australian 03 tour boots stella

if u want official tho, perth 03 was the most sold boot of that year according to hte ten club, beat the american shows :)

Wooooooooooo shit yeah!!! GO PERTH
    I'm the same pappas, got the whole set plus japans but I was at that Perth gig!!! YAY...they brought mark seymour out!!! wooot

p.s. i'm trying to catch up on the past posts!! fckn hell 2 days of job interviews and i have a bible to read did i miss any heaps important info?
    OFFICIAL AUSTRALIAN TOUR MEMBER #77

Ten Club (289xxx)

http://www.myspace.com/k_r_y_s_t_i_e

www.rarerecords.com.au =)
    DonJon wrote:
    We'd have to hear it first from 10c as opposed to Cockheads website wouldn't we??

HAHA...HAHA (10 character extension)

Ten Club (289xxx)

• SarahCanadaSarahCanada Posts: 196
    UNDONE*21 wrote:
    Good writting jose ;)

Just pondering on the GA or seating situation. Is the Europe tour GA?

for a guy like me GA would be awsome, but i can understand how some people would rather seating which is fine. Either way its Pearl Jam and we are all going to have the time of our lives!!! :)

Verona is seated, alll the other shows are GA.

The 'time of your life' can be greatly altered if you in the middle of a mosh pit.. heres to SEATS~!
    I went to the concert
    And I fought through the crowd
    Guess I got a little too excited
    When I thought you were around
    Ian_L wrote:
    If anyone hears about anything new about the Aus. tour please send an email or something to "cropduster_@hotmail.com".

I've never been to a concert before and I'm having some trouble trying to figure out what's going on. :(

Thanks

good idea ...me too...can someone please email me at krystiedotcom@hotmail.com with info?! i'd really appreciate the help

Ten Club (289xxx)

i have it from a good source that pearl jam is playing the burswood dome in perth on december 5th

awesome cheers judd =) what about the rest of the dates?? and are you going to the perth gig??

Ten Club (289xxx)

heyjose wrote:
    evenin everyone...

thought i'd share this. please don't flame haha. had to turn it around very quickly over the weekend for today's issue of Inpress. wish i could've spent more time on it, but i think it's ok. if you're a fan of big wave, well, sorry! :)

ps. can i get a hands up of who's in melbourne??

PEARL JAM PEARL JAM
    J Records / Sony BMG

15 years ago, Pearl Jam had one album to their name, but what an album it was. Home to impassioned, reverb-soaked, giant epics, Ten remains to this day one of the best debuts ever. And if Ten launched Pearl Jam into the stratosphere, the often ferocious follow-up Vs kicked them right into orbit. But at the top of their game, Pearl Jam backed away, refusing to play the music video game whilst mounting a hard-fought battle against a ticketing giant, amongst other notable causes. Yet as their commendable, anti-commercial stance was met with both respect and impatience, the music never waned. Well, not till the millennium anyway. From the slightly darker, more twisted and more experimental Vitalogy through to the looser, transcendental No Code and the richly-inspired Yield, Pearl Jam continued to thrive, even if the sales figures weren’t a smidge of what they once were. But then, as even hardcore fans have come to admit, something was sorely missing from 2000’s Binaural and 2002’s Riot Act, whether it be in the production, the performance, or even the songwriting.

So please welcome back the mojo. Fittingly self-titled, album #8 is Pearl Jam’s first non-Epic studio release. As for the avocado on the front, who really knows why, but one thing’s for sure: with a renewed sense of vigour, the Seattle Five are once again firing on all rawk cylinders. But now the fight isn’t against just one or two big corporations: it’s pretty much all of them, plus, of course, a Government failing its citizens. However, don’t just expect to be bombarded by anti-war sentiment. As Pearl Jam get down in the trenches, Eddie Vedder calculatedly speaks his mind with articulated prose, berating Bush on the deceivingly radio-friendly groove of World Wide Suicide for “writing cheques that others pay” and then scuffing along with the blue-collar man on the street to the rolling, dry rock rumble of Unemployable.

Elsewhere, intensity abounds on barnstorming opener Life Wasted and the devilish fury of Severed Hand. While the former kicks things off on a nice ‘n’ crunchy garage rock note (with Mike McCready shredding to high heaven), it’s the latter that finds the band in top notch. Though the verse riff is mighty similar to Ten’s Porch, the guitar barrage is superb as Vedder goes three sheets to the wind as a careless character primed to get his kicks. But for a quick fix, try punk highlight Comatose. With shades of Spin the Black Circle and Habit, this is Pearl Jam sounding as alive as ever; Vedder in full, teeth-gnashing flight over 2:19 of pure McCready/Gossard magic. “Feel it rising!” he strains. “Yeh, next stop falling.”

Pearl Jam is not solely a hard rock affair; that crooning baritone returns for Stone Gossard’s Beatles-esque, sunset dance Parachutes and the affecting, old-school R&B ballad that is Come Back. In fact, despite its simplicity, Come Back gets better and more poignant as the seconds tick over, with smoky guitar lines and a teary-eyed Vedder pleading “come back…I’ll be here.” Unlike Black, a despondent tale of heartbreak written by a 25-year-old, this is from the heart of a much wiser lover at 41. But if it’s hair-raising chills you’re after, look no further than Marker in the Sand, the best tasting part of this avocado. Expressive drumming from Matt Cameron (harking back to his Soundgarden days) and a stop-start McCready riff give way to a stunning chorus which elevates this to classic status. “What went wrong? / Walking tightrope high / Over moral ground,” sings a wary but open-hearted Vedder, posing questions to religious faithful the world over. And as the song skips along to a faster outro that ends all too soon, you just know it’ll go down a treat live, as will so many on this new record.

Seven-minute closer Inside Job, the first Pearl Jam track with music and words by McCready, initially bears a little too much similarity to Vedder’s part sombre, part uplifting escape tale Gone. But as the song builds, it earns its bookend position with several Stairway to Heaven-esque moments. As for Big Wave, it’s fairly forgettable filler, save for the final 30 seconds (which recall Yield’s Push Me, Pull Me, also by Jeff Ament). A minor glitch.

As so many of Pearl Jam’s peers lose the plot, this cohesive instalment must lay to rest any doubts of relevancy. Ain’t bad going for a bunch of guys mostly in their 40’s.

this is sweet as jose!! now you gotta post me a copy of inpress to perth :D haha

Ten Club (289xxx)

oh fuck!! when did i turn a soldier of love :eek: oh i missed it :( but still sweeet!!!

Ten Club (289xxx)

• ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    jemms wrote:
    oh fuck!! when did i turn a soldier of love :eek: oh i missed it :( but still sweeet!!!

I had no idea you were a soldier of love K? hehe
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
    hey T!! yeah i know hahaha it crept up on me!! and that was probably the fastest 558 posts I've ever made haha, how are you anyways? FUCK IT I'm going to be at a trial run from 7-6pm on monday for a new job!!!!!!!!! :eek: I hope the tix go on sale on the day the tours announced!!!

Ten Club (289xxx)

hey T!! yeah i know hahaha it crept up on me!! and that was probably the fastest 558 posts I've ever made haha, how are you anyways? FUCK IT I'm going to be at a trial run from 7-6pm on monday for a new job!!!!!!!!! :eek: I hope the tix dont go on sale on the day the tours announced!!!

Ten Club (289xxx)

hey T!! yeah i know hahaha it crept up on me!! and that was probably the fastest 558 posts I've ever made haha, how are you anyways? FUCK IT I'm going to be at a trial run from 7-6pm on monday for a new job!!!!!!!!! :eek: I hope the tix dont go on sale on the day the tours announced!!!

Ten Club (289xxx)

• Burswood Dome...lets pray for it people of perth
    Wave came crashing...
  • anyone else finding the website is a little jammed at the moment?
    Wave came crashing...
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    jemms wrote:
    hey T!! yeah i know hahaha it crept up on me!! and that was probably the fastest 558 posts I've ever made haha, how are you anyways? FUCK IT I'm going to be at a trial run from 7-6pm on monday for a new job!!!!!!!!! :eek: I hope the tix go on sale on the day the tours announced!!!

aww I didnt deserve 3 replies of the same message but thanks hehe.... you will be right and gets tixs fine...
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
    oh fck sorry guys something is heaps wrong with my computer its soooooooooo fckn slow to reply that it freezes up and shit. :( pisses me off

Ten Club (289xxx)

• Zoso wrote:
    aww I didnt deserve 3 replies of the same message but thanks hehe.... you will be right and gets tixs fine...

Zoso...I see you are an "All Those Yesterdays" fan!
    It has slowly over the years crept up on me and it is actually one of my favourites now...which is surprising.
    Wave came crashing...
    Burswood Dome...lets pray for it people of perth

oh fck yeah!! where bouts in perth are you??? I'm keen as..was it you before who was talking about buying tix and freaking out?? haha well im with you

Ten Club (289xxx)

• Ian_LIan_L Posts: 101
    It has slowly over the years crept up on me and it is actually the most listened to song on my Ipod...which is surprising.

I can't get enough of "All Those Yesterdays". :D
    That and "Push Me, Pull Me".
    oi do you reckon the site is jammed coz they're posting new stuff on here?? :eek: coz thats what I reckon..they're loading up the oz tour dates or emailing the 10C members in oz!! :D

Ten Club (289xxx)

oh shit edit...there's my posts!!! haha my computer is heaps slow :eek: this is kindof scaring me since i need it to purchase good seated tickets to PJ's gig :eek:

Ten Club (289xxx)

• illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    It has slowly over the years crept up on me and it is actually one of my favourites now...which is surprising.

one of my faves too :)

this board is on crack, lol
    wah
This discussion has been closed.