Spirit Airllines: Is there a Standing Room Only option?

13»

Comments

• DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Dissidentman to stewardess: Is there a place I can wash up?

Stewardess: It's usually the beach.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146

dsc_8204brownies.jpg
    norm wrote:

dsc_8204brownies.jpg

Goddammit, it was a rice krispie treat!
    brownie, rice crispy, china white...you're going to fly on an airline that sounds like hells waiting room...make sure you're medicated!
    norm wrote:
    brownie, rice crispy, china white...you're going to fly on an airline that sounds like hells waiting room...make sure you're medicated!

Ugh, maybe I'll just hitchhike.
    norm wrote:

Ugh, maybe I'll just hitchhike.

that'd be a step up!

:lol::lol::lol:
  • I flew Spirit to Orlando and it was fine. I usually get on the plane, take 2 original dramamine and curl up in my seat and get a great sleep. Sometimes being short has its advantages :mrgreen: I sleep so good on a plane...and even I can get away with just a carryon for 4 days. Bunch of prima donnas worrying about getting to their destination alive :roll: :lol:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    I flew Spirit to Orlando and it was fine. I usually get on the plane, take 2 original dramamine and curl up in my seat and get a great sleep. Sometimes being short has its advantages :mrgreen: I sleep so good on a plane...and even I can get away with just a carryon for 4 days. Bunch of prima donnas worrying about getting to their destination alive :roll: :lol:

If you don't mind me asking? How tall are you? I have a friend that works for TSA... We are interested..

I forgot to unpack a weapon or something .. maybe I'm lying.
    I didn't notice until much later in the flight.
    She or he could have said
    "Oh, we probably guessed it was binaca... woops."
    If anyone has a fear of flying do not fly on SPIRIT. I have flown in twin prop planes (puddle jumpers, and felt safer) As the other posters have said.. faulty flaps... strange pilots ... Not enough gas.
    No amount of substances can ease your worries. (or just mine)
  • STAYSEA wrote:
    I flew Spirit to Orlando and it was fine. I usually get on the plane, take 2 original dramamine and curl up in my seat and get a great sleep. Sometimes being short has its advantages :mrgreen: I sleep so good on a plane...and even I can get away with just a carryon for 4 days. Bunch of prima donnas worrying about getting to their destination alive :roll: :lol:

If you don't mind me asking? How tall are you? I have a friend that works for TSA... We are interested..

I forgot to unpack a weapon or something .. maybe I'm lying.
    I didn't notice until much later in the flight.
    She or he could have said
    "Oh, we probably guessed it was binaca... woops."
    I'm 5'1" I try to get the window seat on the left side of the plane because that's my preferred sleeping side. Tuck my legs up under me, drape my sweater over me, lean my head on the window and I'm out like a light. :)

edited February 2013
    "
    I'm 5'1" I try to get the window seat on the left side of the plane because that's my preferred sleeping side. Tuck my legs up under me, drape my sweater over me, lean my head on the window and I'm out like a light. :)[/quote]

I am 4'10" and I find it impossible. The guy that is 6'2" posted never again!

I guess you are a true easy going free spirit. :D I will only fly on Virgin or Continental

If you went to Orlando... I was likely on the same plane.
    Post edited by STAYSEA on
  • I'm 6'1"

Should I ride on the Spirit?
    I'm 6'1"

Hell NO! Did you see the picture of the seats? OMG.
    It's comparable to you riding in the backseat of a two seater car.

Where is the seat?
  • STAYSEA wrote:

I guess you are a true easy going free spirit. :D I will only fly on Virgin or Continental

probably because I don't stretch my legs out...I have them tucked up under me most of the time so leg room doesn't matter. And I love love love to fly. Being in a confined space forces me to do nothing...so I actually sleep. I enjoy a little turbulence too (as long as I've taken the dramamine...otherwise I will vomit) :sick: :oops:

• I'm 6'1"

you can sit on my lap :think: :shifty:

STAYSEA wrote:

probably because I don't stretch my legs out...I have them tucked up under me most of the time so leg room doesn't matter. And I love love love to fly. Being in a confined space forces me to do nothing...so I actually sleep. I enjoy a little turbulence too (as long as I've taken the dramamine...otherwise I will vomit) :sick: :oops:

I took that stuff driving to North Cali, and I still got kinda sick. I've had my whole house shake because of NASA's sonic BOOM. IDK.... I would/will not fly spirit...

You remind me of those really cute 80's toys the "Popples". :D
  • STAYSEA wrote:
    STAYSEA wrote:

I took that stuff driving to North Cali, and I still got kinda sick. I've had my whole house shake because of NASA's sonic BOOM. IDK.... I would/will not fly spirit...

You remind me of those really cute 80's toys the "Popples". :D
    The dramamine works well for me, but you have to take it before you get nauseous. Knocks me out too. Slept like a baby all the way to Australia.

Thanks. I hear that comparison a lot.

If I was going to Australia I would be so excited, I couldn't be tranquilized and that is a really long flight.

Spirit doesn't go International so it all okay for me. No Worries.

You are a lucky duck!
  • I'm 6'1"

you can sit on my lap :think: :shifty:

:P
  • The dramamine works well for me, but you have to take it before you get nauseous. Knocks me out too. Slept like a baby all the way to Australia.

Did you know you can get high on dramamine? :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TK1bi4emEkk
  • And a big shout-out to my dad for allowing me to not ride on Spirit Airlines :lol:
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    so so so so soooooooooooooooooooo glad I did not book a flight i was looking at with this airline.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
    duska3419 wrote:
    so so so so soooooooooooooooooooo glad I did not book a flight i was looking at with this airline.

Someone is still "ALIVE" :D

Smarty Pants!!!!!!
    And a big shout-out to my dad for allowing me to not ride on Spirit Airlines :lol:

Go Peacefromlpaul's Dad ! Woo Hoo Some Parents give a Crape!

Seriously, This airline needs to be out of business . I'm waiting for personal feedback. Nothing is safe, right, reasonable or responsible....
    I think of this song mostly! when I flew on spirit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-EKcjpEIGo

:fp: :fp: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

Love this song!
  • STAYSEA wrote:
    And a big shout-out to my dad for allowing me to not ride on Spirit Airlines :lol:

Go Peacefromlpaul's Dad ! Woo Hoo Some Parents give a Crape!

Seriously, This airline needs to be out of business . I'm waiting for personal feedback. Nothing is safe, right, reasonable or responsible....

hah, my dad works for an airline... just lucky is all... VERY lucky
  • The dramamine works well for me, but you have to take it before you get nauseous. Knocks me out too. Slept like a baby all the way to Australia.

Did you know you can get high on dramamine? :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TK1bi4emEkk
    great...now I'm gonna need rehab :fp: :lol:

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,799
    Yeah I too saw the cheap fares and nearly booked it.
    After reading the reviews decided against it.
    Jet blue for me.