Options

Marilyn Manson Quotes Ed on Stage

13»

Comments

• Options
    curlygirly9curlygirly9 Vancouver, WA Posts: 1,872
    Just got home, Manson played for 45 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF Manson?! I hope he's not seriously ill; I know he collapsed a few days ago, but he looked and sounded amazing, and there was no warning whatsoever, no goodbye Portland. The show ended abruptly and everyone just stood there confused when the house lights came on. I'm kind of worried.

However, in the 45 minutes, there were numerous costume changes, podium, brass knuckles/blade/laser microphones, confetti, balloons, american flag, giant mirror, crosses, etc. etc. etc. It's like he was cramming as much stuff as possible because he knew he was going to peace out early. It was a solid show, but very cut short.

45 minutes!!! unreal. sorry, but as a headliner, that is unacceptable!!!

:nono:

glad you had a good time though!

he is dialing these shows in now at this point.....i think we should be happy we even saw him and these werent cancelled honestly.

I'm so confused. My friend and I are sitting here like, "What the hell just happened?!" No update yet. I'm hoping some news outlets have info tomorrow if something's up.
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,608
    Just got home, Manson played for 45 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF Manson?! I hope he's not seriously ill; I know he collapsed a few days ago, but he looked and sounded amazing, and there was no warning whatsoever, no goodbye Portland. The show ended abruptly and everyone just stood there confused when the house lights came on. I'm kind of worried.

However, in the 45 minutes, there were numerous costume changes, podium, brass knuckles/blade/laser microphones, confetti, balloons, american flag, giant mirror, crosses, etc. etc. etc. It's like he was cramming as much stuff as possible because he knew he was going to peace out early. It was a solid show, but very cut short.
    Shitty! ... if it ended like that, I wonder if he didn't get too sick nor faint or whatever from his flu to go on. Maybe he passed out... :? Definitely sounds like something happened. Although you'd think there would be an announcement of some sort if that were the case.... unless they wanted to make sure they didn't have to refund tickets.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814

I am not concerned . IT SuckS!!!!!!
  • Options
    STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    edited February 2013
    :arrow:
    Post edited by STAYSEA on
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158

ok...45 min..to sort...bummer.....

i hope you enjoy atleast that,and had fan!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    STAYSEA wrote:

I am not concerned . IT SuckS!!!!!!

shouldnt you be off talking about important stuff in another thread, like, you know, Jimmy Eat World vinyl car stickers?

:lol:

setlist FM has the portland setlist listed as the same as vancouver and seattle. I wonder if it's accurate. still no news when you google it.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    MM5169MM5169 Posts: 84
    How much fun are we allowed to have speculating what Canadian Aids is ?
    Like, am I allowed to ask if you get it from a caribu ?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,608
    MM5169 wrote:
    How much fun are we allowed to have speculating what Canadian Aids is ?
    Like, am I allowed to ask if you get it from a caribu ?
    Pretty sure he just means the flu.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    curlygirly9curlygirly9 Vancouver, WA Posts: 1,872

setlist FM has the portland setlist listed as the same as vancouver and seattle. I wonder if it's accurate. still no news when you google it.

The setlist looks correct. Considering the lack of any info about the show and same setlists, I guess it's safe to assume he's cutting all his shows short? I had a good time, but am still a bit disappointed.
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    Antichrist Superstar is fucking perfect. I used to be obsessed with that record. One of those few albums that's perfect from top to bottom in every way including superb art direction.
  • Options
    Saw him on the ACSS, Mechanical Animals, and a couple years ago at Mayhem. Fantastic shows he puts on that MM. I kinda of strayed away from his music after Golden age .... but really like the first 4 and especially the first 3.
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options

The setlist looks correct. Considering the lack of any info about the show and same setlists, I guess it's safe to assume he's cutting all his shows short? I had a good time, but am still a bit disappointed.

just curious cause you stated 45 minute show. Manson was on for an hour and 7 minutes in Vancouver and Irresponsible Hate Anthem was absolutely NOT played in Vancouver as stated on the setlst FM site. You say your setlist is correct (longer) and he played shorter. doesnt make sense.

I think it may be a case of Mods copy/pasting setlists with no info to back it up.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    terrym08terrym08 Posts: 370
    I saw him a few years ago in Atlanta and he pitched a fit and walked off after about 30 minutes so it seems you're lucky to get 45 minutes out of him... :nono:
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Was at the Vancouver Marilyn Manson show, two dates after he collapsed from the flu.

Here is what he said about the situation:

:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r99QffG8-jo

The show was amazing by the way. So much fun. It snowed inside the venue. We snuck down to GA, ended up 3rd row the whole show....incredible. He knows how to put on a show, regardless of your like/dislike of him as a person. The music rocks.
    He looks great! Oh I am envious, would love to see his show and so close!
    And snow 8-) ... Glad you enjoyed :D
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    terrym08 wrote:
    I saw him a few years ago in Atlanta and he pitched a fit and walked off after about 30 minutes so it seems you're lucky to get 45 minutes out of him... :nono:
    I don't remember hearing this, wonder what the pitching was about?