Options

Marilyn Manson Quotes Ed on Stage

restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
edited February 2013 in The Porch
Was at the Vancouver Marilyn Manson show, two dates after he collapsed from the flu.

Here is what he said about the situation:

:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r99QffG8-jo

The show was amazing by the way. So much fun. It snowed inside the venue. We snuck down to GA, ended up 3rd row the whole show....incredible. He knows how to put on a show, regardless of your like/dislike of him as a person. The music rocks.
Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I cant understand what he was saying.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    Blocked at work...

Phone service to shoddy...

Can you recap? Please ;)
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    Was at the Vancouver Marilyn Manson show, two dates after he collapsed from the flu.

Here is what he said about the situation:

:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r99QffG8-jo

The show was amazing by the way. So much fun. It snowed inside the venue. We snuck down to GA, ended up 3rd row the whole show....incredible. He knows how to put on a show, regardless of your like/dislike of him as a person. The music rocks.

Okay, you got me wondering about the snow... You provide just enough info to drive me nuts! :lol:
  • Options
    he said basically.

a lot of you know that I almost collapsed from the Canadian AIDS a couple of days ago, but but in the words of Eddie Vedder, I'm not gonna say I'm sorry, Im not, im not gonna say it........IM STILL ALIVE!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    the snow:

it was this really creepy, slow song song, with just manson on stage in a hat and they had a machine that made it snow over the whole GA pit. "real" snow. it was cold, it accumulated on speakers, you could catch it on your mouth, it stuck to your eyelids. it was really fucking cool. totally transported you.

this was only for one song. almost eveyr song had something totally memorable like this, surrounding you in some new atmosphere.

had so much fun, it's my show of the year thus far, and I had front row tragically hip tickets and saw soundgarden.

smallmanson3_zps14531ec1.jpg

smallmanson2_zps9396e83a.jpg

mansoonthisone_zps8fcf8e91.jpg
  • Options
    IgotshitIDIgotshitID St.john's Newfoundland Posts: 894
    he said basically.

a lot of you know that I almost collapsed from the Canadian AIDS a couple of days ago, but but in the words of Eddie Vedder, I'm not gonna say I'm sorry, Im not, im not gonna say it........IM STILL ALIVE!

He has aids?
    St.John's 9/24/2005
    St.John's 9/25/2005
    Toronto 9/11/2011
    Toronto 9/12/2011
    Quebec City 5/5/2016
    Ottawa 5/8/2016
  • Options
    he said basically.

:lol:

Awesome

Manson is the shit
  • Options
    awilkinsawilkins Posts: 984
    What's Canadian AIDS?
  • Options

Manson is the shit

Manson really is the shit....fucking love seeing him live. His scream is just so great. Love his voice.
  • Options
    mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    awilkins wrote:
    What's Canadian AIDS?

bump
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • Options

Manson is the shit

Manson really is the shit....fucking love seeing him live. His scream is just so great. Love his voice.

Production for his first few albums was just awesome, too. Fucking Trent Reznor is brilliant.
  • Options
    mysticweed wrote:
    awilkins wrote:
    What's Canadian AIDS?

bump

its nothing. he is on a canadian tour, he got the flu. thus dubbing it Canadian AIDS. he's making an offensive, distasteful joke. why? because he's Manson.

there is no such thing as Canadian AIDS :roll:
  • Options
    mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    i wasn't there
    so
    thanks
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Did you know he has an IQ if like 169?????? A fucking
    Genius!!! I just don't listen to him, cause he talks so much
    shit on God... But I totally respect his musical genius!
    He's in his own class in that department!
  • Options
    AfghanTwilightAfghanTwilight Rochester, NY Posts: 835
    edited February 2013
    Their shows are always a blast. He knows exactly why he's popular and he's not afraid to immerse the audience in his vibe. I've seen them a few times. First was as an opener for NIN. He brought a girl out who helped "drain" him, if you will. Then later on in their career, I saw him perform from stilts about 3 stories high. The snow machine idea is brilliant and something I think bands should explore more.

I met him back in their early days and he was very cool to talk with.

PS: Mechanical Animals is my favorite album of theirs - It's their White Album...their No Code.
    PSS: I miss Daisy Berkowitz.
  • Options
    I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Milwaukee Posts: 3,508
    awilkins wrote:
    What's Canadian AIDS?
    A hangover?
  • Options
    Did you know he has an IQ if like 169?????? A fucking
    Genius!!! I just don't listen to him, cause he talks so much
    shit on God... But I totally respect his musical genius!
    He's in his own class in that department!

Absolutely and having one of the best producers of all time for many years, especially in industrial metal, is something that is really hard to beat. Incredible, incredible stuff.
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Canadian AIDs

LOL
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    Amazing!

One of the most amazing things I have seen and been a part of! 8-)

Great pictures of the snow and lasers!
    GA was sick!!

Thanks to everyone involved!
    You know who you are!! :)

Oh and thanks to the Fungus!! ;)
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    RobbyD462 wrote:
    Amazing!

GA was sick!!

Damn... that's more intense than the acid at A Perfect Circle :lol:
  • Options
    RobbyD462 wrote:
    Amazing!

GA was sick!!

Damn... that's more intense than the acid at A Perfect Circle :lol:

LOL
    Apples and Oranges!
    :corn:

• Options
    i had row 11 in orchestra center. i FOUND one GA ticket outside near the coat check.

i went down to GA with the ticket, got the wrist band, came back out. Gave my wife the ticket, she went and got the wrist band, so now we both can in/out GA without showing tickets. ended up 3rd row the whole show..

my pictures are much better when normal size too...had to shrink them for this.

yeah,. Butcher Babies were something else. :oops:
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    edited February 2013
    Post edited by peacefrompaul on
  • Options
    Thanks for clearing that up for me, really.

I've never cared for him, but you have piqued my interest in his live show. Not that he will ever come close to my neighborhood. I almost remember him being in salt lake and there being quite a bit of drama from the religilous folk there.
  • Options
    i had row 11 in orchestra center. i FOUND one GA ticket outside near the coat check.

i went down to GA with the ticket, got the wrist band, came back out. Gave my wife the ticket, she went and got the wrist band, so now we both can in/out GA without showing tickets. ended up 3rd row the whole show..

my pictures are much better when normal size too...had to shrink them for this.

yeah,. Butcher Babies were something else. :oops:

That's awesome!!
    Great idea! lol

Great show,Strange friendly people everywhere.

What a night.....

• Options
    RobbyD462 wrote:

Great show,Strange friendly people everywhere.

What a night.....

THE greatest place to people watch at a concert, ever. So many amazing costumes, half naked goth girls. Hells Angels at the merch booths. quite the scene.

ie:

HA1_zpsca1cf674.jpg

mansonstage_zpsec1994c5.jpg

jesus1_zpse5f6c61a.jpg
  • Options
    good read here too about this tour and Manson coming back to the form we are used to

http://www.vancouversun.com/Shock+rocke ... story.html
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    its all Chinese to me
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    IQ does not indicate musical talent. Sorry MM! 8-) He's like a scary David Bowie nightmare.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    AfghanTwilightAfghanTwilight Rochester, NY Posts: 835
    Wow, that's only the second time i've seen someone wearing that Jesus is a C--- shirt. I forget what band it was --they were not good -- but I know the front of the shirt featured a nun going to town on herself with a crucifix.

The other time I saw it? Someone I grew up with. It got him brutally assaulted on the street. Funny ending is that he's now a born-again Christian as a result of his intense lifestyle.