Options

Marilyn Manson Quotes Ed on Stage

Comments

• Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,777
    RobbyD462 wrote:

Great show,Strange friendly people everywhere.

What a night.....

THE greatest place to people watch at a concert, ever. So many amazing costumes, half naked goth girls. Hells Angels at the merch booths. quite the scene.

ie:

HA1_zpsca1cf674.jpg

mansonstage_zpsec1994c5.jpg

jesus1_zpse5f6c61a.jpg

He must have been sore the next day the way he was giver to that podium!!

Fucking Awesome! lol

The first time I saw that shirt was at Slayer/Soulfly on Sept,11/2002!
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    Wow, that's only the second time i've seen someone wearing that Jesus is a C--- shirt. I forget what band it was --they were not good -- but I know the front of the shirt featured a nun going to town on herself with a crucifix.

The other time I saw it? Someone I grew up with. It got him brutally assaulted on the street. Funny ending is that he's now a born-again Christian as a result of his intense lifestyle.
    Haha that band is Cradle of Filth... i had a friend in middle school who loved them and wore it to school once... he got suspended of course.
    11/6/12 EV solo (got to meet him!!)
    7/19/13 Wrigley
    11/19/13 Phx
  • Options
    that is hilarious that you guys can remember the dates and times you first saw that shirt. speaks volumes about the statement, doesnt it. I wont forget it either. had to snap the shot.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    edited February 2013
    IQ does not indicate musical talent. Sorry MM! 8-) He's like a scary David Bowie nightmare.
    what a picture you create in my head..ill never forgive you for this.. :lol::lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,148
    Cradle of Filth? That's a real band name? :shock:
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    AfghanTwilightAfghanTwilight Rochester, NY Posts: 835
    Oh yes, COF. Terrible band. Honestly, I can't figure out why anyone likes their "music." It's like someone took King Diamond and ran him through a Vitamix.
  • Options
    IQ does not indicate musical talent. Sorry MM! 8-) He's like a scary David Bowie nightmare.
    what a picture you create in my head..ill never forget you for this.. :lol::lol::lol:

Let me further clarify - A REALLY BAD DAVID BOWIE. Like scary monster David Bowie.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Oh yes, COF. Terrible band. Honestly, I can't figure out why anyone likes their "music." It's like someone took King Diamond and ran him through a Vitamix.

I was searching for a reference on iTunes the other night - search DSM and it's the only listing under music. Take a listen. I think that might have this one beat.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    :lol: i spit out my drink :lol:
    7/19/13 Wrigley
    11/19/13 Phx
  • Options
    AfghanTwilightAfghanTwilight Rochester, NY Posts: 835
    Those of you who think MM is void of talent and musicality should really listen to their Mechanical Animals record. It's the most ambitious thing i've ever heard from them.
  • Options

my father in law bought us tickets to that shit for christmas one year. sold our tickets. :(

had never heard of them, youtubed it and made a quick, easy decision.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    what a picture you create in my head..ill never forget you for this.. :lol::lol::lol:

Let me further clarify - A REALLY BAD DAVID BOWIE. Like scary monster David Bowie.
    :lol::lol::lol:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    I wasn't ever trying to indicate that. Just saying he is litterally a
    proven genius was all.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,608
    I love MM's music. Shouldn't have read this thread. Am more and more regretting not going to the show....
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    I was in 8th grade when i saw MM & Slayer together for that one tour in 2007 :lol: interesting environment for a 13 year old for sure.
    7/19/13 Wrigley
    11/19/13 Phx
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I love MM's music. Shouldn't have read this thread. Am more and more regretting not going to the show....

especially after experiencing an IMMENSELY disappointing show the night before, to return to the scene of the crime so quickly and erase that concert was absolutely incredible. what a contrast the two shows were. sorry you couldnt make the SG pre party or Manson!
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:

especially after experiencing an IMMENSELY disappointing show the night before, to return to the scene of the crime so quickly and erase that concert was absolutely incredible. what a contrast the two shows were. sorry you couldnt make the SG pre party or Manson!
    I am too! ... Well, I actually had an AMAZING pre- and post-show time on Sunday, so not sorry exactly, but it was definitely too bad I didn't get to meet you and others! :) As for the Manson show... :fp: :fp: Mad at myself.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    I wasn't ever trying to indicate that. Just saying he is litterally a
    proven genius was all.

....and I wasn't arguing your specific point friend. We both happen to make mention of his very well known 'genius.'
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Don't get me wrong.
    I had a Great weekend.
    But Most thoughts are of the Manson show!
    Sounded incredible and swallowed up the lack luster sound of the night before.
    It's hard to believe it was the same theater!

I''ve can say this was one of the funnest shows I've been too!
    Had a Blast!
    I love Soundgarden but something should have been done.
    Were talking "Night and Day" sound wise.
    I looked around and you could tell something was wrong.

Anyways Thanks to Manson for delivering the Goods!
    Would do again. Even if you are a casual fan his stage presence
    is incredible.Too bad no Gig posters. :(
    This is the difference between a concert and a Show!

• Options
    curlygirly9curlygirly9 Vancouver, WA Posts: 1,872
    Going to see him tonight.
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
  • Options
    Give us details tomorrow :mrgreen:
  • Options

Have fun! :twisted:

• Options

Never heard of them? :D
  • Options

Never heard of them? :D
    I had a boyfriend for a year and a half who listened exclusively to death metal (with some Bowie thrown in - go figure), and this was his favorite band. I won't be going to see them (they are coming to Vancouver), because I heard enough death metal and Cradle of Filth during that year and a half to last a lifetime. :lol:
  • Options
    STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    This is hysterical. I hate manson concerts. I really H8 them.
    Too much black, goth, panty hose, and Goth people. I almost lost myself at the last show. I couldn't breathe, and I ended up pushed to the front of the stage, then someone lifted me up and tossed me backwards. The part of the crowd that caught me ... pushed me back up front. (This went on for a few songs... I didn't think I would survive, and I couldn't get out) I could have eaten his microphone, lucky for me the security dude saw my face and gave me a way out. I will never go again! Oxygen and a secluded corner helped me survive.

I don't want it to end like that!
  • Options
    RobbyD462 wrote:

Too bad no Gig posters. :(

my SIGNED beauty from 2008 Vancouver show.

963c027f-e913-41f5-a828-95829aac43b6_zpsfabc7208.jpg
  • Options

report back!
  • Options
    curlygirly9curlygirly9 Vancouver, WA Posts: 1,872
    Just got home, Manson played for 45 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF Manson?! I hope he's not seriously ill; I know he collapsed a few days ago, but he looked and sounded amazing, and there was no warning whatsoever, no goodbye Portland. The show ended abruptly and everyone just stood there confused when the house lights came on. I'm kind of worried.

However, in the 45 minutes, there were numerous costume changes, podium, brass knuckles/blade/laser microphones, confetti, balloons, american flag, giant mirror, crosses, etc. etc. etc. It's like he was cramming as much stuff as possible because he knew he was going to peace out early. It was a solid show, but very cut short.
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
  • Options
    Just got home, Manson played for 45 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF Manson?! I hope he's not seriously ill; I know he collapsed a few days ago, but he looked and sounded amazing, and there was no warning whatsoever, no goodbye Portland. The show ended abruptly and everyone just stood there confused when the house lights came on. I'm kind of worried.

However, in the 45 minutes, there were numerous costume changes, podium, brass knuckles/blade/laser microphones, confetti, balloons, american flag, giant mirror, crosses, etc. etc. etc. It's like he was cramming as much stuff as possible because he knew he was going to peace out early. It was a solid show, but very cut short.

45 minutes!!! unreal. sorry, but as a headliner, that is unacceptable!!!

:nono:

glad you had a good time though!

he is dialing these shows in now at this point.....i think we should be happy we even saw him and these werent cancelled honestly.