Girls on HBO

Comments

• BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Girls :roll: fat white girl with tattoo's has sex with gay dude and a black guy, Shocking, what is this 1994?
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    wait...there's nudity?

what time is this one :corn:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Mamasan23 wrote:
    I havent seen it, but it looks as though the men in here dont care for it.. but there are enough mentions of nudity, and the ratings slip just a tad, maybe this Marnie will unveil her highly coveted nips, and fix what is apparently the only thing missing in this show. :P

cn_image.size.allison-williams-girls.jpg

She's quickly becoming my new girl crush!

Hot. Ok, they just need to hire a writer from Game of Thrones for a week, we'll have her nekkid humping a homeless guy in no time..
    Girls :roll: fat white girl with tattoo's has sex with gay dude and a black guy, Shocking, what is this 1994?

:lol: perfect. I just realized who the other girl is too.. Lena whatever.. I saw a movie called Tiny Furniture on nextflix streaming. It was by far the worst pile of steamy poo I've ever smelt, but I thought it looked like a 90's flick.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813

1994?
    if you caught the cocaine episode with a night of raving
    you could easily mistake it for a typical NYC night in the 80s
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • im a fan. I loved Lenas film Tiny Furniture and checked out the show as a result. Its incredible she's only 25, has a Sundance selected hit film, and writes and sometimes directs episodes. I think the film and in alot of the dialogue in the show she is indeed able to capture the feeling of being 20 something in 2013. and the cast is interesting. Adam Driver seems like an odd guy, in real life and on the show. And seeing Alex Karpovsky in it, any fan of Mumblecore films knows who he is. ive seen it described as the "real" sex and the city, or the one for hipsters and that seems fitting.

Not sure how people think this is dated 90's material. from lenas music choices, to the dialogue and references, to where they live, this is clearly of the 2000's, and hipster focused. Lenas 25, so she was what 3 or 4 when Nevermind came out? PLus using actors from indie mumblecore films also clearly places the show in contemperary brooklyn
  • Girls :roll: fat white girl with tattoo's has sex with gay dude and a black guy, Shocking, what is this 1994?

i think any character on the show identifies more with Grizzly Bear and Bright Eyes and Iron and Wine than Kurt and Ed.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Not gonna lie... I watch it and like it.

Allison Williams is HOT
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    im a fan. I loved Lenas film Tiny Furniture and checked out the show as a result. Its incredible she's only 25, has a Sundance selected hit film, and writes and sometimes directs episodes. I think the film and in alot of the dialogue in the show she is indeed able to capture the feeling of being 20 something in 2013. and the cast is interesting. Adam Driver seems like an odd guy, in real life and on the show. And seeing Alex Karpovsky in it, any fan of Mumblecore films knows who he is. ive seen it described as the "real" sex and the city, or the one for hipsters and that seems fitting.

Not sure how people think this is dated 90's material. from lenas music choices, to the dialogue and references, to where they live, this is clearly of the 2000's, and hipster focused. Lenas 25, so she was what 3 or 4 when Nevermind came out? PLus using actors from indie mumblecore films also clearly places the show in contemperary brooklyn

Yeah I definitely agree. I mean honestly the 80s and 90s are coming back in a huge way right now, so I get the reference but you have to understand that this is what hipsters in their early 20s are doing!

I have to say that I LOVE Adam's character. Super weird but that's what makes him. And yes the dialogue is quick and witty. I really thought I was going to hate it but I find myself not being able to not watch it.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Mamasan23 wrote:
    rival. wrote:
    i'll keep my pants on if we are allowed to play flip cup on them!
    :fp:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    is it a really 'girlie' girl show? like Gossip Girl or Gilmore Girls or Popular or Buffy?
    or is it more like My So Called Life, Freaks and Geeks?

You can't really compare it to anything out there. It's basically a show about this group of girlfriends in their early 20's that live in NYC. It basically shows how they get through life, their job debacles, family debacles, relationships. Some things are a little far-fetched, but for the most part it's a very honest and real show. Some of the characters are amazing.

Well, back to House of Cards
  • Not gonna lie... I watch it and like it.

Allison Williams is HOT
    no question,..she is hot
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Pretty strange episode this week.

Right? That whole episode was totally far-fetched. No way would that ever happen. Any of it!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Right? That whole episode was totally far-fetched. No way would that ever happen. Any of it!
    I guess it was to show us just how whacked out and desperate her character is right now.
    whew
    no nude ping pong shots with hannah this week.

interesting storyline between the fellas this week,
    alltho adam remains real tool.
    ( cant help liking the doggie Mikey, tho )

marnie being disappointed with the status
    of her relationship/arrangement with the artist dude.
    I cant decipher weather it was him being a deuche,
    or was she just jumping to conclusions.
    platessmall.jpg
  • my mom put an episode on the other day (we've never watched it before) and it was the most uncomfortable thing to watch ever because i'm still immature when it comes to sex scenes, especially when i'm watching super realistic ones with my mom??
    11/6/12 EV solo (got to meet him!!)
    7/19/13 Wrigley
    11/19/13 Phx
    my mom put an episode on the other day (we've never watched it before) and it was the most uncomfortable thing to watch ever because i'm still immature when it comes to sex scenes, especially when i'm watching super realistic ones with my mom??

:shock: Oooh that just sounds awkward!
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    whew

The girlfriend HATES Adam.
    That artist dude is a douche, he was basically using her like his personal assistant.
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    whew

That artist dude is a douche, he was basically using her like his personal assistant.

I LOVE Adam....he's completely insane, what a great character!! But yeah I agree about Booth Jonathon. WTH kind of name is that anyway? Supreme douchelord.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    whew

I LOVE Adam....he's completely insane, what a great character!! But yeah I agree about Booth Jonathon. WTH kind of name is that anyway? Supreme douchelord.

i used to think he was a dick but by the end of the season hed redeemed himself in my eyes.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    can't stand the girl that talks too fast :lol: little miss innocent annoyance
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
    wow
    i've been upsate NY before,
    but they make it look terrible.
    :lol:

next week looks 10 times more interesting.
    platessmall.jpg
  • YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Judd Apatow is one of the co creators.

According to Internet Movie Database, Lena Dunham is the sole creator of the show.
    Apatow is Executive Producer and has written 2 episodes thus far.
    I don't have HBO and haven't seen this yet. I'll have to check it out on DVD at some point.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • madtowndavemadtowndave Posts: 4,012
    This is an incredibly well written show, that does make you uncomfortable, that I totally dig!
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
    Yefa wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Judd Apatow is one of the co creators.

Apatow is Executive Producer

holy knitpicker batman.

whats the difference

:lol:
    platessmall.jpg
    Great episode...funny as hell.
    That Frank character with the turtleneck and jorts on was hilarious.
    Looks like theres some action for Adam next week.
    platessmall.jpg
    Finally caught this week's ep last night. I hope this doesn't mean that Jessa will be gone for the rest of the season :( I absolutely love her character. I like that they focused on her family so you could kind of see why she is the way that she is.

And come on Lena thank you for not showing your boobs this time but did we have to see your bum?? Come on already!!!!

Other than that, can't wait for next week's ep, looks great!
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Finally caught this week's ep last night. I hope this doesn't mean that Jessa will be gone for the rest of the season :( I absolutely love her character. I like that they focused on her family so you could kind of see why she is the way that she is.

And come on Lena thank you for not showing your boobs this time but did we have to see your bum?? Come on already!!!!

Other than that, can't wait for next week's ep, looks great!
    No bewbs...but a squating ass by the railroad tracks.
    Can't believe this season is wrapping up already.
    What do they have, a 6 week season?
    Holy crap.

Adam is awkward, funny seeing him run into Hannah.

And , I had no idea about the extent of her OCD.
    WOW
    platessmall.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless