Options

I want I want I want!

Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
edited July 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
Wow... so many people seem to turn despicable as soon as they get their hands on something other people desperately want.

I want front row DEAD centre... you must be firsst in line and carry my poster throughout the show for me BITCH! And lick my shoes clean while you're at it :mad:

Whatever happened to face value and making others happy? That's the best reward you'll get instead of making people submit to SLAVERY for something that we all had a chance of getting :mad: . There's nothing better than seeing the pure gratitude on someones face when they don't have to perform like a seal for something you have and they want.

Well karma's a bitch :cool:

Just take a good hard look at yourselves!
The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
Verona??? it's all surmountable
Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
Wembley? We all believe!
Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
Chicago 07? And love
What a different life
Had I not found this love with you
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pj4lifepj4life Posts: 11
    Yeah, I'd just love to go. I'd buy the person a couple drinks and poster/shirt no problem out of sheer gratitude but the indenturedness is taking things farther than I'm willing to go. If I can't go it just wasn't meant to be, right?
  • Options
    pj4life wrote:
    Yeah, I'd just love to go. I'd buy the person a couple drinks and poster/shirt no problem out of sheer gratitude but the indenturedness is taking things farther than I'm willing to go. If I can't go it just wasn't meant to be, right?
    There's nothing wrong with grateful people making it worth their while and offering stuff... hell I would have offered anything last night before I got mine... but to DEMAND this shit is little short of ridiculous... and then you have people saying 'I know I'm picky but hey, everyone wants this right?' so that makes it ok to turn into a dick that's no better than a scalper? They do it for money, you do it for personal favours!

I know it's hardly the same... but I bought 4 extra tickets (not 10c) for the Dublin concert last year cos I knew I'd be able to get them... I didn't take a penny over the value for them, didn't even charge the 1euro service cost :D and I know SEVERAL others who do the same... we're all in this together. Just cos it's a more in demand show than others doesn't give people the right to turn into a feckin princess.

We talk about family this family that... where's the fucking family now?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    pj4lifepj4life Posts: 11
    but I bought 4 extra tickets (not 10c) for the Dublin concert last year cos I knew I'd be able to get them... I didn't take a penny over the value for them, didn't even charge the 1euro service cost :D and I know SEVERAL others who do the same... we're all in this together. Just cos it's a more in demand show than others doesn't give people the right to turn into a feckin princess.

I know what thats like. I've given extra 10c seats away to fans at shows. Once inside I've handed a ticket or two off and the looks are just amazing. Stuff like that is awesome.
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    Wow... so many people seem to turn despicable as soon as they get their hands on something other people desperately want.

I want front row DEAD centre... you must be firsst in line and carry my poster throughout the show for me BITCH! And lick my shoes clean while you're at it :mad:

Whatever happened to face value and making others happy? That's the best reward you'll get instead of making people submit to SLAVERY for something that we all had a chance of getting :mad: . There's nothing better than seeing the pure gratitude on someones face when they don't have to perform like a seal for something you have and they want.

well put. some of the stuff going on around here is sickening.
  • Options
    pj4life wrote:
    I know what thats like. I've given extra 10c seats away to fans at shows. Once inside I've handed a ticket or two off and the looks are just amazing. Stuff like that is awesome.
    :) good on ya! well like I said, I really hope karma comes back to bite them in their collective arses.

I'd like to think it's the pay it forward kinda thing, that once others see you behave like that they'll do the same for others in future... but when something like the vic happens apparently not eh? :o

I'm lucky the girl I've got it off has become a good friend and there's no demands from her. I'll never forget it though.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    nfanel wrote:
    well put. some of the stuff going on around here is sickening.
    :( and sad. I actually feel a bit upset about it. I really hope I don't meet any of these slave drivers in the queue.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    :( and sad. I actually feel a bit upset about it. I really hope I don't meet any of these slave drivers in the queue.
    it is depressing that people are willing to take such advantage of each other....
    oh well...i'm glad thursday wasn't an option for me and i can just enjoy lolla. hail hail to all of you lucky ones going! :)
  • Options
    sickgirlsickgirl Posts: 139
    The last concert I went to (Social D a few weeks ago). I had money to buy an extra ticket to just give someone at the show. I was always bummed because I would see people trying to get a ticket (or even money to buy one if it wasn't sold out), and I was never able to help anyone. My boyfriend that I live with hurt himself a few weeks before the show and couldn't work. So we ended up being pretty broke and almost didn't go. I still gave the ticket away, even though I really could have used the money I had spent on the ticket, not that it was much, but still.

I knew I wasn't going to be able to go to this show, so I didn't get tickets for it. If I had I would have loved to give a ticket away, to someone who couldn't offer me money or a collectible.

Jasmine
    Fuck Cancer, fucking jerk
  • Options
    UndyTakerUndyTaker Posts: 358
    Whatever happened to face value and making others happy?

Unfortunately a thing called GREED happened. I blame ebay. There was never anything like this before it.
    I shit and I stink. I'm real, join the club.

A friend, he called, I didn't mention a thing. The last thing he said was, "Be sound". Sound. I contemplated an awful thing, I hate to admit. I just thought those would be such appropriate last words. But I'm still here.
  • Options
    AllNiteThingAllNiteThing Posts: 1,114
    There's nothing wrong with grateful people making it worth their while and offering stuff... hell I would have offered anything last night before I got mine... but to DEMAND this shit is little short of ridiculous... and then you have people saying 'I know I'm picky but hey, everyone wants this right?' so that makes it ok to turn into a dick that's no better than a scalper? They do it for money, you do it for personal favours!

I know it's hardly the same... but I bought 4 extra tickets (not 10c) for the Dublin concert last year cos I knew I'd be able to get them... I didn't take a penny over the value for them, didn't even charge the 1euro service cost :D and I know SEVERAL others who do the same... we're all in this together. Just cos it's a more in demand show than others doesn't give people the right to turn into a feckin princess.

Hey..congrats on getting a ticket! :)

I hope I wasn't part of the group you're referring to. My 'demands' thread was kind of a joke title. I was just looking to share a room/apt, share a ride and maybe get some drinks. It's crazy some people offering like Matt drumsticks, guitars, one of a kind collectibles, limos, etc etc. I'd feel so bad if I took any of those offers.

Anyway, sorry I couldn't help you out and maybe I'll see you there. :cool:
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young
  • Options
    sickgirl wrote:
    The last concert I went to (Social D a few weeks ago). I had money to buy an extra ticket to just give someone at the show. I was always bummed because I would see people trying to get a ticket (or even money to buy one if it wasn't sold out), and I was never able to help anyone. My boyfriend that I live with hurt himself a few weeks before the show and couldn't work. So we ended up being pretty broke and almost didn't go. I still gave the ticket away, even though I really could have used the money I had spent on the ticket, not that it was much, but still.

I knew I wasn't going to be able to go to this show, so I didn't get tickets for it. If I had I would have loved to give a ticket away, to someone who couldn't offer me money or a collectible.

Jasmine
    Yep, it was all the crap at the Astoria last year that made me get the extras for Dublin... I wasn't in the fan club then so that was all I could do... but could we not all do a bit of that.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Hey..congrats on getting a ticket! :)

I hope I wasn't part of the group you're referring to. My 'demands' thread was kind of a joke title. I was just looking to share a room/apt, share a ride and maybe get some drinks. It's crazy some people offering like Matt drumsticks, guitars, one of a kind collectibles, limos, etc etc. I'd feel so bad if I took any of those offers.

Anyway, sorry I couldn't help you out and maybe I'll see you there. :cool:
    No, not you... there was one in particular today that pissed me off... but I hope you bring someone deserving and I'll see you there... and kick your ass :p

You mean you weren't gonna choose me? :eek:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    :) good on ya! well like I said, I really hope karma comes back to bite them in their collective arses.

I'd like to think it's the pay it forward kinda thing, that once others see you behave like that they'll do the same for others in future... but when something like the vic happens apparently not eh? :o

I'm lucky the girl I've got it off has become a good friend and there's no demands from her. I'll never forget it though.
    oh you haven't seen my list about the things that you have to do for me!!!!;)

just kiddin! i'm so happy that i don't want even a penny!!!!!!:)))
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    tis all well and good when you have a ticket, but for those who don't, and maybe won't get a chance to see Pearl Jam in such an intimate venue ever again, I can see where they're coming from. Some of the demands are ridiculous, but if you get someone desperate enough, then they'll do it.

I think a lot of it has to do with the group hype too. I don't know of any other fanbase that would be this ridiculous when not getting enough tickets. if one person goes overboard, it just starts off a domino effect, each one getting worse than the other.

I used to always think that all Pearl Jam heads were cool, really nice people. But this years tour really made me hate half the people that were there. Just annoyed the fuck outta me... but thats for another rant. In conclusion, ye can't help it but some of us Pearl Jam 'fans' are just cunts.
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options

:D see THIS is what I'm talking about!

(don't worry... I'm gonna pay her though :D )
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    sadsad Posts: 6
    It's crazy some people offering like Matt drumsticks, guitars, one of a kind collectibles, limos, etc etc. I'd feel so bad if I took any of those offers.

As the guy who's offering up the strat for a ticket, I can say that there is no reason to feel bad about taking people up on their offers, no matter how crazy they seem. I don't look at it as me losing an expensive guitar - I look at it as an opportunity to gain something that is valuable to me personally, while offering something that you may find exciting and more valuable to you than an unused ticket.

You help me, I help you. It's the way of life!
  • Options
    Jenny :eek: Jaysus, that's some rant... and I thought you liked me :( :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    AllNiteThingAllNiteThing Posts: 1,114

Is this Barb...if so HEY!!! It's Mike. :)

You going to the show too?
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young
  • Options

yes,it's meeeee!!!!!!!

see ya there Mike!!!!!:))
  • Options

You know Barb???

Have I met ya?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    You know Barb???

Have I met ya?[/quote
    i met Mike @the VFC tour,then again @the gorge 2005,vancouver and calgary......
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Jenny :eek: Jaysus, that's some rant... and I thought you liked me :( :D

Ah, no, your grand... and the london/dublin crew are too... but some people really got on my nerves, just cos they're up their own arses, and wouldn't even give ye a fuckin light if ye asked for one, for fear they'd lose their place at the front of the queue.
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    Ah, no, your grand... and the london/dublin crew are too... but some people really got on my nerves, just cos they're up their own arses, and wouldn't even give ye a fuckin light if ye asked for one, for fear they'd lose their place at the front of the queue.
    :D You ARE talking about me aren't ya? :p

Nah, I know exactly what you mean... it's good to queue and have fun queueing and all that... jaysus, you HAVE to have fun queueing or what's the point? I wouldn't spend hours trying to sleep on feckin concrete if I wasn't enjoying it :confused:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    i dont think he was being unreasonable at all considering some assbag was offering to pay a grand for an extra.

what's a shirt, $20 bucks? big deal if he asked if someone would get that for him for giving up his extra. he could just as easily not give it to anyone.

if someone needs an extra and is willing to hang around in line because they're from the area the what's the big deal? driving through the night and then trying to keep yourself awake in line all day to see a show at night is torture.

forgive the kid is he'd like to catch some z's for a couple of hours while someone holds him a spot in line who's running on a full tank.

bottom line some people just need to accept things the way they are and mind their own business.

it's great to voice your opinion but i'd rather lose sleep over more important issues taking place in my life...
    Don't worry I won't be losing sleep over this prick.

Copenhagen, I went straight from the pub to the queue, NO sleep. I got bits here and there on the ground... a couple of 5 minutes here and there... and I was fine.

It's well and good suggesting someone get you a tshirt/poster but then saying they have to HOLD it for you??? C'mon! Get a GRIP people. That's ridiculous.

Some assbag wouldn't be OFFERING a grand for a ticket if it wasn't so obvious that people were demanding more than the usual... even apparent regular posters on the board :( sickening it is.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    BuruBuru Posts: 8,473

People are actually doing that? Jeez...
    I would think sheer gratitude is enough reward.
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • Options
    People get desperate when they want something they can't have... I've done my fair share of begging on here. BUT you're not desperate if you HAVE it. I just can't imagine being that greedy... why take advantage of these people?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Buru wrote:
    People are actually doing that? Jeez...
    I would think sheer gratitude is enough reward.
    More than enough! You'll find if you look after people the way you'd like to be looked after, you get more out of it than you would by being greedy and demanding.

I've seen it in this year and last years tour... people looking after everyone and expecting nothing in return... but people don't forget... and good deeds usually don't go unrewarded... even if the only reward is the pleasure you get from helping others.

Jeez... the fact I even have to explain is just......
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    More than enough! You'll find if you look after people the way you'd like to be looked after, you get more out of it than you would by being greedy and demanding.

I've seen it in this year and last years tour... people looking after everyone and expecting nothing in return... but people don't forget... and good deeds usually don't go unrewarded... even if the only reward is the pleasure you get from helping others.

yeah, I know what you mean.

I've been reading thru some threads just now... :rolleyes:
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    I want Helen to go to duty free! :p
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063

You know what would be a good deed Helen? If you give your ticket to me..I mean you did just see them a bunch of times, and you are going to lolla as well....don't be greedy now :)..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'