Soccer is a cess pool

13»

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Jason P said:

No way Qatar keeps it for 2022, right?? U.S., England, or Australia could easily host it. Stadiums and infrastructure are already place. And thousands of people won't fucking die because of it like in Qatar.

I don't think so. Russia shouldn't keep it either, but Russians are crazy so I don't think they will be stripped. Qatar on the other hand, they are completely fucked, especially since they can't host it in the summer.

No way Qatar keeps it for 2022, right?? U.S., England, or Australia could easily host it. Stadiums and infrastructure are already place. And thousands of people won't fucking die because of it like in Qatar.

I don't know. People forget Blatter wanted the U.S., platini voted and wanted Qatar and won, and he could very likely be the next president
    Regardless, who becomes the next president will be pretty telling. Curious to see if things actually change or if it is more of the same nonsense
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Me thinks major sponsors had to have stepped forward and threatened to drop FIFA, and that is why he stepped down. Coke and Visa were probably waiting to see how the elections turned out and then dropped the hammer on Monday.

That's another reason Qatar is in trouble. Coke and Visa don't want to be associated with thousands of dead people and slave labor ... even though most of the sponsors infrastructure probably involves modern day slave labor in some form.
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    England will get 2022 WC.
    edited June 2015
    ANNNNNNNNNDDDD, here it goes.

Sounds like he has been arrested

Or not...
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
    edited June 2015

Yeah, don't think this dude with 1,000 followers is getting that scoop.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • andyfarrimondandyfarrimond Posts: 1,967
    badbrains said:

England will get 2022 WC.

As much as I wish this were true, it will never happen. There are too many anti-England nuts with influence in Fifa, even after the Nut-in-Chief is removed.
  • andyfarrimondandyfarrimond Posts: 1,967
    jeffbr said:

Dieu!
    So Blatter may not be going anywhere?