Soccer is a cess pool

Comments

• Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,822
    Jason P said:

So far ....

That is disturbing. FIFA is an absolute fucking joke.
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Jason P said:

So far ....

Staggering Jay. Fucken unreal. HBO had a cool documentary on this and it's all hired cheap labor from other third world countries. Disgusting. I believe the African delegation was paid $1.5 million each for their vote on Qatar. Fucken bullshit.
    Big vote coming up. Hearing Prince Ali has a legit chance if he can get some of the African votes. Also hearing England might be getting the 2018 or 2022 World Cup.
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    badbrains said:

Big vote coming up. Hearing Prince Ali has a legit chance if he can get some of the African votes. Also hearing England might be getting the 2018 or 2022 World Cup.

I sure hope so. It is time for reform. I read today that U.S. Soccer/Sunil Gulati will be voting for Prince Ali. I don't think he'd publicly come out and say that if he didn't think Prince Ali had a chance. With Visa threatening to pull FIFA sponsorship, and Platini threatening a UEFA World Cup boycott, Blatter is definitely on the hot seat. Hadn't heard about England possibly getting 2018 or 2022, but that's good news, too! Tomorrow will be very interesting.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    badbrains said:

I will be $500 that not one thing in this post happens.

2018 sure as fuck isn't going anywhere
    jeffbr said:

badbrains said:

I sure hope so. It is time for reform. I read today that U.S. Soccer/Sunil Gulati will be voting for Prince Ali. I don't think he'd publicly come out and say that if he didn't think Prince Ali had a chance. With Visa threatening to pull FIFA sponsorship, and Platini threatening a UEFA World Cup boycott, Blatter is definitely on the hot seat. Hadn't heard about England possibly getting 2018 or 2022, but that's good news, too! Tomorrow will be very interesting.
    Some writer in England said it on ESPN today. Who knows. But seeing how all of this is unfolding, it's crazy how England got hammered in the vote. In reality, England deserves a World Cup, but I think FIFA was scared with all the hooligans and ultras in England. I remember in 94 when England didn't qualify, we were laughing and joking it was fixed because the U.S. didn't want the hooligans coming to America! Hahaha
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    I can't rmember where I read it (I read a lot of crap this morning) but there was some suspicion that part of if not all of the reason the US brought the charges was because they want a chance at hosting, since they already have the facilities in place to do it on short notice. I don't know if that has any basis in fact or if that was just one or two writers' speculation.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
    ldent42 said:

I can't rmember where I read it (I read a lot of crap this morning) but there was some suspicion that part of if not all of the reason the US brought the charges was because they want a chance at hosting, since they already have the facilities in place to do it on short notice. I don't know if that has any basis in fact or if that was just one or two writers' speculation.

Could be, I'm sure there's more shady shit going on to. Def gonna be interesting when this whole things unfolds
    Wow, FIFA, still a fucken joke. Unreal
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    badbrains said:

I don't follow soccer. I don't see why it is so popular. I do tune into the World Cup and watch the States play, but that's it. My question, if the world wide governing body is so corrupt, why does it have such a huge following? Why don't fans say "enough is enough"?

I'm assuming FIFA is the governing body, apologies if I'm wrong, but I think my questions are still answerable if I'm wrong there
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
    I'm beginning to think every sport is rigged and fixed. Seems like every league in every sport has some kind of shady shit going on.

badbrains said:

I don't follow soccer. I don't see why it is so popular. I do tune into the World Cup and watch the States play, but that's it. My question, if the world wide governing body is so corrupt, why does it have such a huge following? Why don't fans say "enough is enough"?

I'm assuming FIFA is the governing body, apologies if I'm wrong, but I think my questions are still answerable if I'm wrong there
    It's the most popular sport in the world. People will watch no matter what. Kinda like the NFL in the US....Goodell is a complete fucking clown and the owners are a bunch of greedy fucks, but the ratings are higher than ever.
    The other thing no one really mentions about Blatter is that he's 80 years old. Do we really want an 80 year old running the most popular sports organization in the world??? Crazy.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Considering the Maldives have the same voting power as China, there is no way he wasn't going to get re-elected. Too much money on the table for a shitload of poor nations to give up. A few heads roll but the party train keeps on moving.

Anywho, I'm thrilled with this decision. I got my bag of popcorn ready to see what happens next.
    badbrains said:

I'm beginning to think every sport is rigged and fixed. Seems like every league in every sport has some kind of shady shit going on.

Boxing and horse racing are the worst.
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329

badbrains said:

It's the most popular sport in the world. People will watch no matter what. Kinda like the NFL in the US....Goodell is a complete fucking clown and the owners are a bunch of greedy fucks, but the ratings are higher than ever.
    Yeah, I can see it if you put it that way...very true
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
    This is what Bob Fucking Ley thinks of FIFA's agenda ...

It's comical that FIFA and Blatter allowed Israel to join the euros even though they're in the Middle East. Talk about corruption at its finest. You have money, you get what you want.
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    badbrains said:

It's comical that FIFA and Blatter allowed Israel to join the euros even though they're in the Middle East. Talk about corruption at its finest. You have money, you get what you want.

completely unrelated, but I had the same thought when I saw Israel had an entry in the Eurovision contest.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    badbrains said:

Fuck! Pissed that Blatter got elected to his 5th term today. I thought today was the perfect opportunity to dethrone him given all of the scandal, but that guy has the $$$ to make shit happen. Prince Ali withdrew from the 2nd round of the vote after Blatter won 133 votes to Prince Ali's 73 in the first round. Not as close as I had hoped, and now Blatter has 4 more years to screw the sport.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    jeffbr said:

badbrains said:

Fuck! Pissed that Blatter got elected to his 5th term today. I thought today was the perfect opportunity to dethrone him given all of the scandal, but that guy has the $$$ to make shit happen. Prince Ali withdrew from the 2nd round of the vote after Blatter won 133 votes to Prince Ali's 73 in the first round. Not as close as I had hoped, and now Blatter has 4 more years to screw the sport.
    Jeff, you hit it right on the head. Blatter is a cancer for the sport.
    And now sepp Blatter resigns. What the fuck
    Ho.Lee.Shit

What in the fuck?!
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790
    I'm willing to bet the US threatened to add him into the investigations if he didnt step down.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    His 2nd in command got nailed with taking a $10M bribe earlier today. The writing is on the wall. Someone will turn on him to save their own skin.
    I imagine the Qataries are starting to go into "oh shit" mode.
    Wow. Sponsors must have threatened to walk away. Crazy.
    No way Qatar keeps it for 2022, right?? U.S., England, or Australia could easily host it. Stadiums and infrastructure are already place. And thousands of people won't fucking die because of it like in Qatar.

I'm willing to bet the US threatened to add him into the investigations if he didnt step down.

He has reportedly been nervous about coming to the U.S. In fear of being arrested for a while

No way Qatar keeps it for 2022, right?? U.S., England, or Australia could easily host it. Stadiums and infrastructure are already place. And thousands of people won't fucking die because of it like in Qatar.

I don't think so. Russia shouldn't keep it either, but Russians are crazy so I don't think they will be stripped. Qatar on the other hand, they are completely fucked, especially since they can't host it in the summer.