13»

Comments

• Options
    parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    Satchell wrote:
    worst opener ever ... IMO

but who cares ... we'll see PJ !!!!

Source??

Oh, what a crap. Nijmegen got lucky with Incubus...much better...
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
  • Options
    I'm actually one of the few loonies who find Linkin Park's stuff pretty enjoyable. Yeah it's of the pop variety.. so what.

have any of u seen the collision course DVD....lincoln park and jay-Z......it is awesome!!!! i dont usually like rap but DAMN!!!!! it is good!!!
  • Options
    pjrvmpjrvm Posts: 99
    This might be somewhere in this thread already, but does anyone know how opening acts are picked?
    I can't imagine Eddie Stone Mike Matt and Jeff saying, "hey let's get Linkin' Park to oper for us"
    On the other hand, I imagine they did pick the buzzcocks, supersuckers, Sonic Youth and other various bands that have opened for them. I also hope they picked the Black Keys for that one Europe gig in '06. They would have been the best opener of all time in my opinion.
  • Options
    danedane Posts: 1,062
    parel jam wrote:
    Source??

Oh, what a crap. Nijmegen got lucky with Incubus...much better...

Is that official?? Have searched both their and the arena's homepage, but no info.......
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    Pegasus wrote:
    :confused: don't see what it's got to do with anything... is that baseball or "football" or basketball btw?

oh, and I can't wank, I'm a girl ;)

Yeah, That's my favorite baseball team. I was just playing around with you.

Cheers
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
  • Options
    this is like a betrayal to the good taste in music you taught us through the years. including refined acts such as the buzzcocks, mudhoney, ramones, sonic youth, frank black etc i could be one day enumerating all those bands you took with you on the road for everyone to learn what good rock is about. and taste. remember ed? taste, you got taste...where did that go? linkin park. my god.

ABSOFUCKINGLUTELY! It's disturbing that more people aren't seeing this. LP has a few songs I don't mind singing along to when I'm drunk at a bar, and I'm sure they aren't bad live. They just don't belong on the same stage as Pearl Jam. It's like having lobster with mcdonalds fries
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

• Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Brainofdz wrote:
    Yeah, That's my favorite baseball team. I was just playing around with you.

Cheers
    wasn't obvious from your post..but fine ;)
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    wasn't obvious from your post..but fine ;)

And here I thought you Brit's were famous for deadpan jokes

• Options
    AdaBison52 wrote:
    I don't know who this guy is, but he seems like a real jerkface. Actually he's my brother and I couldn't agree with him more. I can't wait to see MMJ again. It took me a few listens, but now I can't get enough. Not looking forward to Linkin' Park, but I am not complaining about going to Europe with my bro for a week and a half. I was thinking about having a beer while I am there. What do you think cfield??

I've been thinking about the trip since the tour was announced. I'm still holding out hope for a sweet opener in Munich. I'm sure you'll have more than just a beer during the trip.
    State College 5/3/03, Hershey 7/12/03, Reading 10/1/04, Kitchener 9/11/05, Ottawa 9/16/05, Pittsburgh 9/28/05, Hartford 5/13/06, Camden 5/27/06, Camden II 5/28/06, E. Rutherford 6/1/06, E. Rutherford II 6/3/06, Munich 6/12/07, Katowice 6/13/07, London 6/18/07, DC 6/22/08 - EV DC 8/16/08
  • Options
    Brainofdz wrote:
    And here I thought you Brit's were famous for deadpan jokes
    but if it had come from a Brit I would have taken it as deadpan... you guys on the other hand are known for earnest stuff: the 'wanker' part in particular, without a wink (in the flesh I could have told, not in writing) was rather indicative of aggressiveness rather than toying... i'll know what to expect from you next time ;)
  • Options
    GTFGTF Posts: 57
    Hey! It's kinda good I guess :) After they'll finish their show, their fans will leave and there will be more free space in front of the scene for us :D;)
    "How much difference does it make? Fuckin' tell them!" Eddie, Chorzów 13/06/2007
  • Options
    BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    GTF wrote:
    Hey! It's kinda good I guess :) After they'll finish their show, their fans will leave and there will be more free space in front of the scene for us :D;)
    I don't know how they're gonna get to the front in the first place, I know me and plenty of other jammers will be securing the front spaces :D
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • Options
    bacchanal wrote:
    have any of u seen the collision course DVD....lincoln park and jay-Z......it is awesome!!!! i dont usually like rap but DAMN!!!!! it is good!!!

They just remixed a few songs with a well-known rapper for selling more records !!
    Please stop with this, that's not serious they are crap.
    Beavis : Is this Pearl Jam?
    Butt-head: This guy makes faces like Eddie Vedder.
    Beavis: No, Eddie Vedder makes faces like this guy.
    Butt-head: I heard these guys, like, came first and Pearl Jam ripped them off.
    Beavis: No, Pearl Jam came first.
    Butt-head: Well, they both suck.
  • Options
    Brainofdz wrote:
    ABSOFUCKINGLUTELY! It's disturbing that more people aren't seeing this. LP has a few songs I don't mind singing along to when I'm drunk at a bar, and I'm sure they aren't bad live. They just don't belong on the same stage as Pearl Jam. It's like having lobster with mcdonalds fries

That's it !

An dopple lobster whopper :)

That are my thoughts too, but I can tell you that they are not good live. It's like an bad manga movie about a rock group!
    Beavis : Is this Pearl Jam?
    Butt-head: This guy makes faces like Eddie Vedder.
    Beavis: No, Eddie Vedder makes faces like this guy.
    Butt-head: I heard these guys, like, came first and Pearl Jam ripped them off.
    Beavis: No, Pearl Jam came first.
    Butt-head: Well, they both suck.
  • Options
    mAcimAci Posts: 49
    brrrrrrrr,i bought a ticket to poland,because i thought it had to be w onderful pearl jam night with 50000 guys singing betterman together,i will travel about 400km hoping it will be true:0
  • Options
    MutkiMutki Posts: 25
    BLACK KEYS - I wish they would play in Chorzow!!.... DAmn.. what a great band!
  • Options
    pjrvm wrote:
    This might be somewhere in this thread already, but does anyone know how opening acts are picked?
    I can't imagine Eddie Stone Mike Matt and Jeff saying, "hey let's get Linkin' Park to oper for us"
    It was a promoter's choice, yet PJ for sure accepted it. Well, this show looks more like a festival apperance right now :/ But honestly my only problem with this whole thing is that I'll have to be in the front row watching LP and other crap chosen by the promoter from 3 p.m. to midnight... Or I will find some trustworthy LP fan who will keep my place til PJ show.
  • Options
    BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    Bartek wrote:
    It was a promoter's choice, yet PJ for sure accepted it. Well, this show looks more like a festival apperance right now :/ But honestly my only problem with this whole thing is that I'll have to be in the front row watching LP and other crap chosen by the promoter from 3 p.m. to midnight... Or I will find some trustworthy LP fan who will keep my place til PJ show.
    3PM?!
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Binaural wrote:
    3PM?!

Yeah.. I wanna know more about this 3pm business too...
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    mAci wrote:
    brrrrrrrr,i bought a ticket to poland,because i thought it had to be w onderful pearl jam night with 50000 guys singing betterman together,i will travel about 400km hoping it will be true:0

Yeah me too.
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Options
    ymerejymerej Posts: 70
    Satchell wrote:
    worst opener ever ...

just hope, that there will be no jay-z....i'll have to prepare myself for the worst...
    well i have my 10c ticket for katowice...and that's enough for me...don't give a shit for linkin park
    I just want to scream...
    ...hello!!!
    My god its been six years...
    never dreamed...
    ...you'd return.
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    Yeah.. I wanna know more about this 3pm business too...
    Gates will be open at 3 p.m. It's always this way on the Silesian Stadium - it's so big that they need more time to fill it with the people and do it safety. Other tradition of this venue is a separated pit near the stage but for now promoter doesn't know if something like this will be set for a PJ show. I bet there will be, although it's strange they don't know anything about it yet.
    mAci wrote:
    30000 is more probable :)
  • Options
    mAcimAci Posts: 49
    Bartek wrote:
    Gates will be open at 3 p.m. It's always this way on the Silesian Stadium - it's so big that they need more time to fill it with the people and do it safety. Other tradition of this venue is a separated pit near the stage but for now promoter doesn't know if something like this will be set for a PJ show. I bet there will be, although it's strange they don't know anything about it yet.
    30000 is more probable :)

hh,30000 are also nice:0 i had to decide between this show and novarock gig and i choosed this one because i think it will be much better,hopefully long pj set....
  • Options
    Mutki wrote:
    BLACK KEYS - I wish they would play in Chorzow!!.... DAmn.. what a great band!
    I'd love to see The Black Keys open, thought the Berlin goers were so lucky to have them last year :D

That said, I enjoyed MMJ, so...

I'd like to see something totally out there for support... The Shins?!?

Naw, too hopeful ;)
    Too many cowboys, not enough indians, so just go ape shit!

I may be boring but at least I'm not Jack fucking Johnson.

TV is such shit; let's go outside and ride bicycles, right now!

Madrid 07/09/06 - Little mofo'ing Wing!!!
    Wembley 06/18/07 - Speechless

www.last.fm/user/StNick_
  • Options
    I am being open minded about LP opening up. Either way I look forward to another nite seeing PJ. :D
  • Options
    Merkyjamm wrote:
    I'd love to see The Black Keys open, thought the Berlin goers were so lucky to have them last year :D

That said, I enjoyed MMJ, so...

I'd like to see something totally out there for support... The Shins?!?

Naw, too hopeful ;)
    was going to tell you Black Keys are playing this month in the UK...but then you said you enjoyed MMJ :mad:
  • Options
    lol, I thought this was a joke then I looked it up and it's true...that sucks (linkin park opening)
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    I'm actually one of the few loonies who find Linkin Park's stuff pretty enjoyable. Yeah it's of the pop variety.. so what.

same here.

and they are much better than sleater kinney or some of the other bands that have opened.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    I don't know I'd put them a close 2nd to sleater kinney for horrible opening bands
  • Options
    I am not looking forward to Linkin Park. Did you ever have a band or song that was linked to a particularly sucky part of your life? Well, I wrestled in college (this was only a couple of years ago) and I swear that the one Linkin Park cd was played at practice everyday for a whole season. I think it was my Junior year and I seriously heard the cd everyday for like 5 months straight. The reason this sucks is that it makes me think about cutting weight and working out and feeling like crap.
    Anyway, I really enjoyed MMJ during the last tour. I listen to them all the time since being introduced to them in Hartford. I heard them 5 times and liked them more each time.
    Hershey 7-12-03,Reading 10-1-04,Kitchener 9-11-05,
    Philly 10-3-05,Hartford 5-13-06,Philly 5-27-06,Philly 5-28-06
    E. Ruth. 6-1-06,E. Ruth. 6-3-06,Munich 6-12-07,
    Katowice 6-13-07,Venice 6-15-07,London 6-18-07,Tampa 6-12-08
    Philly 6-19-08,Philly 6-20-08,D.C 6-22-08,Philly 1 10-27-09
    Philly 2 10-28-09,Philly 3 10-30-09,Philly 4 10-31-09,D.C. 5-13-10
    Hartford 5-15-10 EV:N.J. 8-7-08,D.C. 8-17-08,Baltimore 6-14-09